Perez & Perez General Contractor Inc

Founded 2015 • With Angi since February 2016

Our company prides itself o installing system that work to project you home and business. Drainage is unseen area of homes were built in the 1950’s or earlier. Due to age, quality of the materials, and dated construction techniques, many older homes are more vulnerable to the effects of water weather and aging foundations can shift due to soil conditions....

A Service Provider's profile image

+16 more images

concrete repair (29)drain pipe installation (20)foundation repair (11)gutter repair (6)well & water pump repair (5)earthquake retrofitting (2)driveway pavers (1)fence company (1)

04/30/2022

Andrew J.

French drain excavation and installation with sump pump and irrigation lines. Press construction was friendly professional, very efficient with creative and High quality thoughtful design and execution of project. From the planning stage until the finishing of the project I felt confident and Perez and Perez construction for their experience and efficiency.

Description of Work
French drain excavation and installation with sump pump and irrigation lines.

Category concrete repair, gutter repair, wells, drain pipe

Work Completed On 04/19/2022

Review for Perez & Perez General Contractor Inc - 1815 69th Ave, Oakland, CA - 39716934

04/21/2022

Phil L.

It went well, and the drainage was working fine, and it took two days as promised. I find Edwin easy to work with, shows up on time, and does great work. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Install traffic-grade drainage

Work Completed On 04/21/2022

06/16/2021

Debra T.

Excellent work on all projects. City inspections and permits were successfully obtained by contractor for foundation replacement. Contractor and workers were professional, efficient and communicative. Jobsite was cleaned up after each working day. All customer questions and concerns were addressed to our satisfaction. Would not hesitate to highly recommend Perez and Perez Contractions.

Description of Work
Replace existing foundation and crawl space framing and exterior; install side yard drainage; repace concrete front walkway.

Category concrete repair, picture framing, drain pipe, foundation repair, earthquake retrofitting

Work Completed On 06/01/2021

06/12/2021

Kate S.

extensive repair and replacement of stairs, sidewalk, driveway and basement slab

Description of Work
Edwin Perez told me exactly what was needed, how his team would do it, and what it would cost. His price was very good, and the quality of the work was excellent. Because the price was lower than we expected, we were able to widen the driveway instead of just repairing it. Several neighbors watched the work and commented on how good the team was. At least one has already had concrete work done by Perez and Perez and was very pleased with his own job too. We had three bids on the work we needed done. We chose Perez and Perez due to their well-deserved wonderful reputation, and Edwin Perez’s down-to-earth evaluation and explanation of how his company would take care of all our concrete problems. The work was done very quickly, just three days. And it all looks great. The area was cleaned up every day when they went home, and they were there on time each morning, waiting outside to start working. Mr. Perez and his men were helpful, and answered my questions and modified the work as requested as the job progressed. I was particularly worried about a water line that was running through the area where the driveway was going to be widened. Edwin said it was no problem; they would move it if necessary. They did have to, and included it in the price quoted. I highly recommend Perez and Perez. Edwin and his foreman (also named Edwin!) and their team really know what they’re doing, and do a fast and beautiful job.

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

05/13/2021

corey M.

We are very pleased with this company!! We were given a detailed estimate lower than other bids, stayed within budget and work was completed faster than anticipated. The crew was thorough, professional and efficient. We will use this company again for future projects.

Description of Work
Foundation repair, gutter installation and correcting drainage issues

Category concrete repair, gutter repair, drain pipe, foundation repair

Work Completed On 05/10/2021

05/04/2021

Harvey G.

It was great working with Edwin Perez and his foreman (also named Edwin). They did great work at a fair price. They had to prop-up the house to remove brick foundation and replace with concrete. They also did a few other projects related to concrete and plumbing and drainage. I'd work with them again.

Description of Work
Seismic retrofit including replacement of brick foundation

Category concrete repair, drain pipe, earthquake retrofitting

Work Completed On 05/04/2021

04/19/2021

Allison V.

Edwin and his team were stellar! We needed drainage to help with the foundation sinking, and received three quotes from various contractors. Edwin knew exactly how to tackle the problem, and was able to repair our falling fence at the same time, saving us from having to use two separate companies. His team was fast, clean, communicative, and so nice. He also took the time to fix some concrete from our sewer lateral repair as well. We are so happy we went with Edwin and his team, and we are excited to contact them again in the future for any additional home improvements!

Description of Work
Subterranean drain and fencing

Category concrete repair, fencing, gutter repair, wells, drain pipe

Work Completed On 03/30/2021

04/13/2021

Wendy W.

They were great, Edwin 1 and Edwin 2 are hard workers the whole team is, Got the job done fast and took care of us.

Description of Work
Foundation in garage was cracked and left side was sinking down

Category concrete repair, picture framing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 04/12/2021

03/10/2021

Todd F.

Excellent!!! These guys did an awesome job!! I’d hire them in a heart beat!!

Description of Work
Retaining wall and drainage

Work Completed On 03/03/2021

01/31/2021

Rosalie L.

We started the conversation in April unaware of how Covid would impact our project. Edwin kept in touch during the whole process, timing, permits & engineering. It took approximately 8 months because of Covid. They did amazing work, very professional, went out of their way to move large containers that had to be moved. They finished the garage walls & they look great. Edwin explain everything in great detail- before, during & after the job. He gave us the permits & drawings for our paperwork. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Seismic Retrofitting

Category concrete repair, foundation repair

Work Completed On 12/18/2020

01/28/2021

Robert H.

The work was of excellent quality and was completed in a timely fashion. It was a pleasure to work with Edwin and the rest of his crew all of whom were courteous and cooperative. They listened to my instructions and were attentive to following my interpretations of specific details that arose as the work progressed. Very satisfied with the completed project.

Description of Work
Edwin's crew cut out and removed the existing concrete in my backyard and installed a reinforced concrete foundation for a kit greenhouse that will be built on site in a couple of weeks. They also installed a greenhouse floor consisting of Calstone pavers.

Work Completed On 01/28/2021

09/26/2020

Christina A.

It was great. I would use them again

Description of Work
Foundation and drain

Work Completed On 09/26/2020

06/04/2020

Nancy T.

There was no access for heavy equipment. Edwin and his crew hand dug 5 foot deep trench through garden area on hill side. Crew was careful not to harm garden plants. I got the drain I wanted and my wife is happy that her garden looks great. My second project with Edwin and both have been excellent.

Description of Work
60 feet of french drain on hill side behind house

Category drain pipe

Work Completed On 02/04/2020

02/20/2020

Frances W.

It went very well. Mr. E. Perez came out to survey and give an estimate. He was very knowledgeable and professional. He went the extra mile on the work agreed to be completed, by helping with additional tips to help the house pass inspection.

Description of Work
repair structural cracks vapor barriers, sump pump cover, driveway drainage, and fillers on patio to prevent trip and fall accidents.

Category drain pipe, driveway pavers, home appliances

Work Completed On 01/14/2020

10/05/2019

Monika J.

Very responsive, showed up for a walk through, then sent me two quotes for the wrong scope of work. I felt confused and decided to just move on and talk to someone else. The second company didn’t have these issues.

Description of Work
Foundation retrofit for remodel

Work Completed On 09/13/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], I am very sorry for the confusion. If I sent the incorrect scope of work that is completely my fault and I accept responsibility for that. I hope you were able to find someone that was able to resolve your problem but if you haven't I would like to continue to offer my services for you.

06/30/2019

Robb T.

Edwin and his team were exrememly professional, thorough and quick with the work I needed done. Edwin went above and beyond with his service and great personality. I've had some bad experiences with contractors in the past and this one couldn't have gone better. I look forward to the next job I need done now that I know Perez and Perez.

Description of Work
Foundation repair. Framing

Category concrete repair, picture framing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 06/30/2019

11/16/2018

VK C.

We hired Perez and Perez Construction for a commercial construction project in Oakland and are very impressed with their work and professionalism. Edwin Perez is a licensed contractor who has over 20 years of experience in this business. He is friendly, honest, and reliable. He is open to all communication before and after providing estimates and signing contracts. He listens to all of your concerns regarding budget, workload, timeframe, inspections etc. into account and gives you reasonable estimates. Once he gives you a bid, he sticks to it – and does so with a radiant smile. Additionally, the team that works with Perez and Perez Construction are knowledgeable, efficient, and always positive. The Supervisor, Edwin Carranca is always available in the event that Mr. Perez is not. Our project involved foundation, framing, electrical, plumbing, sheetrock, insulation and other general contractor work. All of the work done by the team was done so within the time frame allotted, and passed all necessary inspections by the City. We trusted Edwin Perez with most of the work for our project – He is transparent with the work that he and if his team can and cannot do. If there were additional jobs that were out of their scope; Edwin has trustworthy, licensed contacts that he is happy to refer you to. Overall, we are delighted with Perez and Perez Construction and would enthusiastically refer him to anyone seeking a Contractor for any job.

Description of Work
General Contractor for Commercial Building

Category concrete repair, remodeling, foundation repair

Work Completed On 05/01/2018

11/16/2018

VK C.

We hired Perez and Perez Construction for a commercial construction project in Oakland and are very impressed with their work and professionalism. Edwin Perez is a licensed contractor who has over 20 years of experience in this business. He is friendly, honest, and reliable. He is open to all communication before and after providing estimates and signing contracts. He listens to all of your concerns regarding budget, workload, timeframe, inspections etc. into account and gives you reasonable estimates. Once he gives you a bid, he sticks to it – and does so with a radiant smile. Additionally, the team that works with Perez and Perez Construction are knowledgeable, efficient, and always positive. The Supervisor, Edwin Carranca is always available in the event that Mr. Perez is not. Our project involved foundation, framing, electrical, plumbing, Sheetrock, insulation and other general contractor work. All of the work done by the team was done so within the time frame allotted, and passed all necessary inspections by the City. We trusted Edwin Perez with most of the work for our project – He is transparent with the work that he and if his team can and cannot do. If there were additional jobs that were out of their scope; Edwin has trustworthy, licensed contacts that he is happy to refer you to. Overall, we are delighted with Perez and Perez Construction and would enthusiastically refer him to anyone seeking a Contractor for any job.

Description of Work
Contractor for Commercial Building

Category concrete repair, remodeling, foundation repair

Work Completed On 05/01/2018

09/10/2018

William W.

Went perfectly. The workmen were courteous, prompt and neat.

Description of Work
Upgrade perimeter drainage system and replace walkway.

Category concrete repair, wells, drain pipe

Work Completed On 09/10/2018

thank you mr. [Member Name Removed] thank you very much

07/10/2018

Nancy T.

A job I would normally do myself, except this drain trench needed to be excavated 8 feet deep. The crew was experienced and hard working. They were very responsive to my questions and requests as the project progressed. The end result was exactly what I wanted. And my wife was happy that they worked through her garden without damaging any plants.

Description of Work
Replace french drain at front of house

Category drain pipe

Work Completed On 06/12/2018

07/10/2018

Ed Y.

Job was well done and professional.

Description of Work
remove and replace concrete, remove dirt, provide base gravel and sand for pavers installation by others; install new drain.

Work Completed On 06/20/2018

07/04/2018

Rakesh A.

Edwin and his crew is the best out there for stamped concrete job, from start to finish, I am very pleased with the professionalism and expertise. You cannot go wrong with Perez & Perez General Contractor Inc. His crew took care of re-designing the backyard from the demolition, leveling the entire yard, a concrete retaining wall and redwood fence on all sides, stamped/stained concrete pads and paths, landscaping, drainage, replacing the old water pipes with new copper ones, tile work etc. This was no small job as our yard is approximately 1600+ square feet. Besides quality of work, his crew is very professional, hard-working, polite and honest in pricing (honored all the applicable discounts ex. Angie’s list discount), I would definitely hire him again for my next project.

Description of Work
Redesign the backyard, stamped concrete, tile work, replace old water pipe with copper ones, replace plumbing, install redwood fence etc.

Category concrete repair, gutter repair, remodeling, drain pipe

06/28/2018

Clara B.

I was very pleased with work done by Perez & Perez General Contractors. My building walls were damaged by rain. Edwin was fair in pricing of the drainage and concrete work required. The estimated time for work was accurate. If an unforeseen problem arose, he would inform me. There was a further drainage issue. Edwin said it would take 2 more day to complete the job. The works were proficient and courteous.

Description of Work
French Drain, Sump Pump, Concrete Walkways

Category concrete repair, gutter repair, wells, drain pipe