Mr Fix it Handyman Services & Construction

Founded 1993 • With Angi since March 2011

4.2

850 42nd Ave # 501

Oakland, CA 94601

Mr Fix it Handyman Services & Construction has more than 30 years of experienced in the field of construction. Serving the Northern California area. We are a group of skilled carpenters, plumbers, electricians, and craftsmen who are at the top of our trade. We have over 30 years of combined

09/27/2014

Jessica O.

Worst experience. I'm disappointed that you guys recommended them.

Description of Work
They couldn't do anything. They came out a couple times and didn't and wouldn't perform any of the tasks we had. Some times they said they didn't know what to do. Sometimes they said it wasn't covered. One time the man said the guy who was supposed to show up is drunk so they sent him.

06/21/2014

Ellen M.

I called several times and talked to them about certain jobs I needed around the house. The man I spoke with was ignorant. I decided not to use them because I felt like they were saying it would take way too long to perform certain jobs. He also expected the home owner to take measurements, buy the product, etc.

Description of Work
I bought the Big Deal for $99 for three hours of handyman service.

06/11/2014

Sudheer S.

Went very well, just that they charge u a lot for additional hours

Description of Work
Did Drywall repair and sealing(caulking) of bathtub

Category ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service

04/04/2014

Julie P.

I responded to the offer but no one ever called me back. I couldn't believe it.

Description of Work
They never called me back. I finally notified Angie's List and my money was refunded.

03/24/2014

kevin K.

It went fairly well. Only issues was that we had scheduled an early morning appt. for which i had to stay home from work only to receive a call that they were having to go to another job site and would be a couple hours late. Quality was good and workers were nice.

Description of Work
Wall hangings, ceiling fan installation and light fixtures.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, ceiling fans

03/19/2014

Mr. B.

Absolutely great! He really helped!

Description of Work
He came out to our office to put up an eyeglass rack.

Category woodworking

03/11/2014

Jeanne P.

I thought the service was great and I was pleased with the work.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for three hours of home repair. I enjoyed working with Carlyle and the contractor he hired. They hung a door for me. They had to fit it and mount it.

Category doors

02/15/2014

Ronald S.

Installation was done well. Installers were on time to the job, professional and courteous. I will use them again when I need help. Thanks, Ron Satter

Description of Work
Installed a new electric stovetop in kitchen.

02/10/2014

elaine L.

We had difficulty scheduling a time for them to come out to do the service, since they were only available on Wednesdays to do work.

Description of Work
They did not come out and do the 3 hours of handman service for $99 that I had purchased a big deal for.

01/23/2014

Renee F.

They did excellent. They were on time and professional.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for $109 for Three Hours of Handyman Service

01/08/2014

Jeffrey P.

My Old review is below and I wish I had waited until the first good rain before leaving it. At the first storm water came streaming in and has damaged my wall and base boards. I can only image the mold living in there now. I have attempted to contact Mr Fix-its several times over weeks and no one will call me back. I have left messages as well as spoke with receptionists and gotten no where. All of it caused by inadequate caulking. I'm so disappointed I don't have words. Do not use this company. If the work doesn't go smoothly or something is wrong after they leave, you're on your own. Fantastic! They we're personable and fun to work with and didn't mind me watching and trying to absorb some of their vast knowledge. They took the challenges in stride and kept me involved with the proposed solutions. The finished product is gorgeous and I have no concerns about its longevity. They succeeded where previous Contractors shied away and did it for a great price. Thank you so much!!

Description of Work
Installed an in-wall dog door.

01/07/2014

Anne P.

He did the work promptly and expertly, even though he wasn't able to fix the antiquated window mechanism. I had a glitch in getting through to the front office, though nothing too frustrating. I would definitely use the service again, since I paid for three hours and he was done in 1.5. I'll just have to amass more work before calling again with such a deal!

Description of Work
The "handyman" arrived promptly and fixed a door off its hinges, hung a set of blinds and examined a window unit in need of repair.

01/02/2014

Wendy B.

I didn't like that with 20 min left he wouldn't try to hang any pictures because it might take longer than 20 min and that was company policy. He said if it ran any longer he was supposed to charge for a full hour at full price. That seemed wrong.

Description of Work
An Angie 's big deal. The work was good, putting new cabinet pulls and fixing the dryer vent outlet.

Category remodeling

12/18/2013

Maria T.

He charged me a lot of money and he was lousy. The boss came over without any tools and he asked me for tools. Then I had a flood because he didn't do it right. I called them and they sent somebody else. That guy was good. The first guy, I guess he was the boss. He was lousy. In the end, it was okay. The end result was okay. The second guy did a good job. I wouldn't use them again. He just did a lousy job the first time. It was terrible. He didn't do it right. Within a month later, it broke. I had some water damage but I just swallowed it. I would not recommend them to anybody. I would not use them again.

Description of Work
I have used Mr. Fix it Handyman Services & Construction for under the sink to set off the machine for something. They had to dig a hole and connect the machine. I had a water machine that cleans the water.

Category handyman service, plumbing

12/12/2013

Deirdre M.

The big deal was $99 for 3 hours of work. He came prepared and was able to go up into the attic and kept working on that until it worked properly.

Description of Work
I have purchased a big deal for Mr Fix it Handyman Services & Construction. He put in a cabinet for us and fixed couple of light fixtures for us. He also fixed a toilet.

Category electrician, plumbing

12/09/2013

patricia D.

It was good. He was very polite and knowledgeable. He told me exactly what I needed to get the job done so that was good. I think the price was fair.

Description of Work
I had some remodeling done by Mr Fix it Handyman Services & Construction. He just fit in a dryer outlet for my laundry room.

12/05/2013

Lisa D.

It turned out very good. There were no additional charges beyond the big deal amount. I would recommend them. They came out the next day after I purchased the deal. They did the job in a timely manner. The gentleman seemed very knowledgeable in what he was doing. The deal was good.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for Mr Fix it Handyman Services & Construction. They did some deck work for me.

Category decks, remodeling

11/20/2013

Terry G.

"Handy" is the right description for this service. We had a bit of a complex situation to fit a 19" dishwasher into a 42" cabinet, but they figured it out with a creative and cost effective solution. Thanks!

Description of Work
Assist with the installation of dishwasher, replacing existing cabinetry.

11/20/2013

Patricia D.

He came out, did a casual look over, took no measurements of doors that needed replacing. Made the job seem like no big deal and it actually required 3 doors being replaced and dry rot repair.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from Mr Fix it Handyman Services & Construction.

11/15/2013

JUDY M.

Very professional and friendly. Showed up timely and did the work quickly and cleaned up after himself.

Description of Work
drilled hole and installed doorknob on exterior door (previously there was a dummy doorknob; hung toilet roll hanger; fixed gate latch on exterior gate; and replaced support on handrail on stairway and patched hole in wall from hanger.

11/07/2013

David L.

I missed getting the required materials so that wasted some time. If that was not done, more work would have been completed.

Description of Work
Fix board in deck. Calk tub. Take down picture

Category handyman service, remodeling

10/28/2013

Cosette C.

A little frustrating. Was scheduled for between 9-10, showed at 10:30. Seemed quite surprised by the work, but maybe he hadn't done one before. Estimate was $120, and yes I realize that's an Estimate, but he started off telling me it would probably be about $200. I don't know if he really didn't want to do the job, if he was emerging on the conservative side, or if he thought I wouldn't know what the job entailed. Job finally done for $140. All in all, he did a nice job, making sure to caulk and frame the opening well. Just wish his attitude hadn't shown quite so much.

Description of Work
Installed cat door in exterior wall.

10/27/2013

Yusuf A.

The rod was setup properly at that time but after putting in curtain, the height was off little bit. We will need to adjust the same. But otherwise we are happy with the service.

Description of Work
Service was provided curtain rod setup.

10/23/2013

Robert L.

Work to be done was plumbing. Vendor sent a tradesman over on 10/07/13. Tradesman quoted time overage charges 31% higher than what I was told over the phone. This particular tradesman didn't have the necessary tools, nor, per his own evaluation, did he have the necessary expertise. He went to his truck, made a number of calls, informed me that "the company" would send over someone qualified, and simply drove away. I lost an entire day, I called the company which did not know of what had occurred. They arranged to have another tradesman come over the following day. He arrived, worked very hard, and did superb work. The second tradesman was excellent. A couple of days later, the company called me to inform me that the first tradesman no longer worked for them, and was trying to steal clients. All in all, I was satisfied, but the company must do a better job of vetting their sub-contractors/employees. All of my average ratings and the overall rating were Ds. The first technician earned all Fs, the second all As, and the "order taker" and corporate representative spoken to earned Cs at most. Three vouchers were allowed to be purchased on the website deal. I purchased three. They would honor only one

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from Mr Fix it Handyman Services and Construction.

Category handyman service, plumbing

10/14/2013

Vincent M.

It went fine. Gordon and Terry really nice guys and overcame some obstacles to complete the job.

Description of Work
Installed two ceiling fans

Category handyman service, ceiling fans

Platinum Paving

Attic Pros

Attic Pros is your go-to attic insulation installation and rodent removal contractor in San Francisco Bay Area. We offer a wide range of services for rodent removal, attic cleaning, insulation replacement, and crawl space cleaning to meet all your needs. Our team is dedicated to providing you with the best possible customer service. Contact us today for a free estimate!

2022 Super Service Award

Apex Window Cleaning, Inc.

Apex window cleaning, Inc. is a business devoted to help the bay area keep a clear view

Handyman including fencing, decks, dry rot, windows, doors, flooring, retain walls, concrete work, roofing, water damage, painting, drywall, texture, molding, stucco work, stairs & handicap ramp.