Lovett & Lovett Roofing Co Inc

Founded 1885 • With Angi since June 2010

2525 E 10th St

Oakland, CA 94601

Lovett & Lovett Roofing Co. Inc. is the Bay Area’s oldest and most reliable re-roofing specialist, dedicated through five generations of roofing and maintenance for residential and commercial customers. Our ability to solve complex problems with simple solutions has proved invaluable to our

09/14/2021

George S.

Lovett & Lovett Roofing just completed work inspecting and repairing my pitched asphalt shingled roof on a new home I recently purchased. I am a repeat customer; having them work on a flat tar & gravel roof on my prior house. They are the utmost professionals. Communicative, knowledgeable, and trustworthy. They are happy to answer any and all questions. The crew showed up as scheduled and the work was completed within the timeframe and cost quoted to me. They cleaned up after themselves and left the property spotless. I asked about gutter guards and they explained the advantage of using them and recommended a brand the owner of the company has on his own home. What could be a better recommendation than that? Without a doubt, they are my go-to roofing company and I heartedly recommend them with absolutely no hesitation.

Description of Work
Roof Inspection upon purchase of a home new to me. Installation of gutter guards to keep gutters clean.

12/31/2019

CHARLES M.

Excellent job from Manuel and his crew with coordination by Jordon Lovett. They showed up on time, worked very hard and were very trustworthy. Job started in December so they worked around the rain even working on a Saturday, they kept us updated on the schedule and with pictures of the work. We needed to replace our aging tar and gravel roof, Jordon recommended Polyglass (modified bitumen roof membranes). We upgraded to add insulation as our house had none, extra time and materials were needed to build up the fascia due to the extra height. We added a new sun tunnel which is amazing, bringing light into our apartment. For ease of inspection access, we also added a roof hatch. We are very satisfied with their professionalism and excellent work.

Description of Work
Complete re-roof ($12k); additional work ($13k): new insulation, solar mounts, sun tunnel (skylight), roof inspection access hatch (newly created) and light well roof repair.

07/17/2019

Ben J.

Great!they are very competitive and responsive and overall I was satisfied with the work.

Description of Work
Additional flashing and water proofing.

Category gutter repair, basement waterproofing

07/15/2019

Chris F.

The work was great, they done a good job. very responsive and get the job done, we haven't got any problems with them.

Description of Work
Full Roof Replacement and replacement of all the Gutters

07/15/2019

Chip H.

It was excellent. They were respectful and prompt. Their pricing was good.

Description of Work
They re-roofed a 4 unit building for me.

05/02/2018

AUDREY T.

They were prompt, punctual and professional. I will recommend them and use them, again.

Description of Work
Roofing Service

05/03/2016

Ossama A.

As part of a solar install, I needed to replace my old tar+gravel roof and chose Lovett & Lovett to do the work. They're quite busy and had a 2+ month lead time but had a timely response to my request for an estimate. Jordan came out to give me the estimate to replace my old roof, install a new roof with insulation and to install a new skylight. Overall the price was in-line with what I was expecting and the other estimates I got (when I could get a roofer to respond!). The plan was to do the roof install along with the solar installer so that the solar panel supports can get placed before the new roof went on. Without Jordan's help the solar installer would have screwed it up - they showed up with supports that they thought were too short for the roof + insulation (they weren't) and they didn't have longer supports on hand. They said they'd have to come back after the roof was installed to cut into the new roof and place the supports after the fact. Jordan learned about this and called the solar installer directly, told them that the supports would work fine as is and made them come back to the house to do the install. I'll note that it was not a joint contact or anything - Lovett Roofing wasn't responsible for the solar install, but Jordan wanted to make sure that it was done right. As for the actual roof - it looks good and so far has held up great. The finish work on the skylight was done very well. Overall, I was impressed with the thoroughness and polish of the install. Even my neighbors commented how good the roofers were.

Description of Work
Replace tar + gravel flat roof with modified bitumen Installed rigid foam insulation Framing, install and finish work on skylight

05/03/2016

Ossama A.

04/07/2016

Dyana E.

Description of Work
Resealed and applied sun shield to our 1023 sq. Ft. roof in one day. We only had to wait 6 months for the appointment:-) Once they arrived, there was no communication with workers- we were told initially by owner that it would take 2 days and when no one showed on day 2, we called and were advised that they had doubled the crew to get it done. They waited only 3 hours between coats, so we will see whether this will hold, and whether we will use them again.They kept us informed over the wait period, so the lack of communication during the job was a surprise.

Category roofing, roof cleaning

02/03/2016

adam G.

It went great, this is a busy company and we had to wait 4-5 weeks to even get an inspection. However, when they did come out, they informed us that our roof looks good, is only 10 years old, and no work is required for the foreseeable future. They did mention that gutters are getting kind of rusted and we may need new ones in about 3-5 years. They came out when they said they would, and didn't try and sell us anything we don't need. I plan on using them in the future for any roofing or gutter work we do end up using.

Description of Work
Came out and did a roofing inspection.

Category gutter repair, roofing, roof cleaning

04/16/2015

John S.

Description of Work
replaced tar and gravel roof with a heat-sealed roofing material. The material was from a different vendor than other bids, but he swore up and down it was good stuff. The owner evaluated and oversaw the roofing work, which included fixing a skylight. He was knowledgeable and responsive. Work done on time and on budget. They could have cleared up a bit better as there were some nails and such letft on the ground, but not much to complain about. Roof has been fine since.

09/22/2014

Gloria N.

Let me first say that we have had a lot of remodeling and repairs done to this old house over the last 7 years and Lovett and Lovett was by far the best to work with! Jordon Lovett showed up right at the scheduled time for the initial estimate. His was the 3rd estimate I received for this job, although he was not the cheapest his estimate was also not the most expensive. But upon meeting him I immediately felt he was someone I could trust. We exchanged a few emails, which he responded to very quickly, he answered all my questions before the job got started. When his team arrived they were on time, very professional and friendly, kept our yard clean, and finished the roof in 2 days. If anyone needs any roofing work done I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Tear off and install a new dimensional shingle roofing system. Re-build front dormer. Install metal nosing on edge of roof and around gutters. Replaced all roof pipes and vent flashings.

Category gutter repair, roofing, roof cleaning

07/21/2014

Kirk S.

Not well, they didn't show up nor a phone call. That's rude!

Description of Work
Last week I filled out a quote on line. I filled in the request about 6:30 am. About 4:00 that afternoon I still have not received a phone call, so I called. I asked if they received my request and the lady said yes. I said I didn't receive a call. We made an appointment for today at 4:00. Guess what, no show nor a call. Thanks for the no show!

06/04/2014

Tamar A.

Jordan, Gary, and their team were fantastic! They were friendly, worked diligently, got the job done in a timely manner, were professional, and were always responsive (patiently answering tons of questions!). We would absolutely use them again and recommend them to anyone and everyone! We also did some comparison shopping and their prices were definitely competitive.

Description of Work
They replaced our roof.

11/21/2013

Michael G.

We requested 3 bids from reputable East Bay roofing companies. All 3 made a good first impression during the bid process, but Lovett & Lovett's bid came in the lowest so we decided to go with them. We were very happy with the work they did from start to finish. They were on time, friendly, responsive and left the yard looking clean each day. We're very happy with the look and quality of the roof. We would certainly recommend Lovett & Lovett to friends.

Description of Work
Complete replacement of wood shake roof with fiberglass shingle roof.

10/17/2013

Pamela W.

Work was completed on the roof. There is one item that is on order, and it will be installed when it arrives.

Description of Work
Completed repairs of roof. Did not replace entire roof because it was not needed. Good customer service; provided answers to all questions. Gave detailed information of work to be done and outlined costs of possible additional work.

09/09/2013

John A.

Jordan Lovett was outstanding and informative. He showed up promptly as promised and performed a through inspection. He provided me with an estimate to complete the work within 3 days but I found a better deal.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from Lovett & Lovett Roofing Co Inc.

08/29/2013

David B.

Everything was fine. Turns out I didn't need an inspection, just an estimate. He was straight forward, knew what he was doing and saved me from paying for an inspection I didn't need.

Description of Work
I bought a Big Deal for a roof inspection.

04/08/2013

Kim N.

After obtaining 2 other opinions and quotes we chose to go in another direction, but we definitely would call them back to do the service they proposed at another time. Jordan was good about explaining why we proposed what he did and how it would improve our situation.

Description of Work
Requested a quote for a roof repair for our porch. They came out and (rightfully) noticed our main home roof was also in need of service.

03/30/2013

robert T.

The Lovett crew showed up when they said they would, and they replaced the ridge to new condition within a few hours. The roof looks great; the new and old materials blend very well. I am very pleased with the result, and I aprreciate that Gary offered a lower cost solution, rather than a full (and probably higher margin) replacement.

Description of Work
The top ridge shingles on our residential roof in Pleasanton were failing (no leaks, but looked terrible), and I assumed the entire roof needed to be replaced. I invited 3 reputable firms from Angie's list to inspect and bid, including Lovett & Lovett (they were number 3 in order). The first two bidders quoted only a full roof replacement, with no mention of other options. However, Gary of Lovett stated that I did not need a new roof yet, that I have 3 - 5 years left on the roof, and that only the top ridge was failing. He advised that the type of ridge materail used for my era of roof (I beleive it is circa 1997) is/was organic and prone to fail. As such, he quoted to replace the top ridge.

01/28/2013

Sherry M.

After describing my problem the woman in the office, was told the owner is out till Feb. Didn't wish to wait, afterall if you are in the roofing business shouldn't you be available for leaky roof issues in the rainy season?

Description of Work
don't call for repairs

Member, I was a littler perplexed by your response. We do not have a female secretary. I am the owner, I am male and all the calls go through my cell phone. I would never turn away a customer looking for our services. I also might add that Fremont is out of our coverage area. Angie's list does not advertise my business here. Please contact me directly so we can sort this out. Jordon Lovett (510) 532-7663

11/19/2012

Tana J.

Jordan Lovett was the best. He replied to my phone message requesting an estimate the same day and made an appointment for the next day. He came over as scheduled and gave me a very fair price, much less than quoted by a company my insurance company sent. He was able to get the job done earlier than expected and I was pleased with the end result. I would definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
I had some roofing leaks from broken tiles and also some rotten wood under the eaves that needed repair.

06/26/2012

Torsten U.

So far so good! We haven't had any leaks or issues. We were happy with their service & personally they were good to work with. They communicated well. They came in with a bid that was lower than anyone else. We were very satisfied with their work.

Description of Work
Repair job on our roof - The original roofing wasn't done correctly.

08/12/2010

Raleigh M.

Our gutters were barely clinging to the roof, badly leveled, and we were looking at potentially ruining the edge of the roof from water damage so we decided to replace them while other workers were reparing our hardwood floors. They were the highest of the three bids we got on this job, but their estimator came to the house and climbed around the whole roof, where other estimators made their estimate by looking from the ground. We felt Lovett's estimate would be more accurate and less likely to change due to unknow problems. Great workers, very quick, got the job done faster than the estimate and were careful to clean up and treat the home respectfully. The gutters are solid now and look great. It went smoothly and we'd use them again

Description of Work
They took down all of the rain gutters and replaced them with new. They also repaired and replaced a small fireplace enclosure roof.

09/04/2006

TIM H.

I thought I had a leak in my garage roof (wet floor in winter, cracks visible outside where flat roof meets parapet wall). I also thought the stain on kitchen ceiling was coming from bathroom fan vent directly above, since fan vent didn't look well seated against outer surface of dormer wall that encloses the bathroom. 5 roofers gave me estimates. 4 of the estimators said the previous roofer had done the vent pipes wrong -- because no flashing was visible. The 5th estimator was Lovett & Lovett, who was the previous roofer (in 1999). I told the L&L estimator that other estimators had said the pipes weren't flashed, and when I asked him ''were the pipes flashed?'', he said ''yes'', I guess trying to let me think that L&L had flashed them. No, the roofer before that had flashed them. L&L had merely put some Hydroseal on them. I chose Precision Roofing, since their Michael Green was the only estimator who explained to me that I was wrong about the garage roof and wrong about the fan vent.

Description of Work
None.