Black Creek Builders, Inc.

Founded 2008 • With Angi since December 2009

Black Creek Builders, Inc. is a licensed, full-service general contractor specializing in commercial tenant improvements, restaurant build-outs, and residential remodels....

All Seasons Construction

All Seasons has provided quality construction services since 1993. In the past several years the company’s focus has become foundations and drainage – areas that are particularly important when you consider the age of the homes in the area, the abundance of hills and California’s winter rains. Proper retaining walls, concrete application and drainage systems are critical to keeping your home protected from rainfall, ground water and runoff. Replacement of old, failing foundations is critical to keeping your home safe and still standing after the next big earthquake. All Seasons’ experienced foremen supervise every job and ensure that all work will stand the test of time and mother nature. We build beautiful decks, too! Additional DBA ASC Berkeley Inc.

Custom Painting Inc

Custom Painting is a full service painting company, service the Bay Area since 1982. No job is too small. We have 24 employees. We encourage our clients to call our references, fully confident that our customers are satisfied.

Bay Area Stucco and handyman

With experience dating back to 2005, we have been specializing in handyman services and home repairs of all kinds, interior and exterior painting, stucco, plastering, remodeling, and more! Residential and commercial. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

12/31/2012

This older home needed updated electrical and some plumbing fixes before anyone could move in. Travis responded promptly with a request to view the home and provide a bid (arrived on time as well). Because this was a mixed bag of repairs and updates, I was concerned that the company would not want to handle this in the midst of doing larger remodeling projects. But Travis assured me that he had the time and resources for the job and wanted to do the work. My overall experience was a mixed bag: the electrical panel change out went very smoothly, but some of the individual electrical updates did not; the install of the new tub/shower was fine technically, but took too long to get completed (this was the number one priority); although I suggested that the water heater just ought to get replaced, the company insisted that it could be fixed as is (but one week after they left, it had a major leak and I had it replaced by another company). The employees of the company were all very respectful and professional; however, the dry wall taping sub-contractor was not (did not remove their debris or clean up). I might use the company again because I believe Travis's intentions were good - even if things didn't go as well as I expected.

Description of Work
Replace tub/shower Update electrical and install new panel Fix various plumbing issues Stop leaking in water heater

Category drywall,electrician,plumbing,remodeling

Dear Member, Thank you kindly for your timely review. It was a pleasure doing business with you and we look forward to any future opportunities you might be interested in. We also apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced with the tub. Please know, we have an open door policy and respect any feedback or concerns our customers have, before, during and after a project. We hope to work with you again in the future! Sincerely, Black Creek Builders

04/28/2012

Easy going and a good communicator, the only reason we didn't use them was that we did a 203k project and they'd only recently been approved. Our lender wouldn't accept them. Honest guys.

Description of Work
The Black Creek crew earned our respect with a timely and thorough proposal for our whole house remodel. I especially appreciated that they broke out the hourly rates for the crew as well as materials so everything was transparent.

Category remodeling

Dear Member, Thank you for your inquiry and interest in working with us. We look forward to future opportunities and hope you will consider us for your next contracting project. Sincerely, Black Creek Builders

02/27/2012

Never got to even meet with them.

Description of Work
Despite an initial good experience in booking an appointment with them, they called me 10 minutes before they were supposed to show up and needed to push our meeting back 1-2 hours. Normally with independent contractors, I'd let it slide - but they have office staff dedicated to appointment making / rescheduling, and should have given me a heads up before I left my job and lost income as a result. As someone who recommends themselves as "premier choice", I'd expected better.

Category electrician,home builders,home remodeling

Dear Member, I want to apologize once again for disappointing you. Even though we don’t normally schedule appointments after 3pm, we had made special arrangements to meet with you at 5pm to accommodate your work schedule. We had already spent time reviewing your plans and had emailed back and forth with you several times. I think you’ll agree that we had built up a good rapport. We were excited about your project and looking forward to meeting with you in person, so it was frustrating when an earlier meeting with another client, a meeting that was supposed to be short, ended up dragging on for hours, putting us behind schedule for our meeting with you. About 20 minutes before we were supposed to be at your property, when it became clear that we were going to be unavoidably late, I called to apologize and to see how you wanted to proceed. I told you that we were running about a half an hour behind (certainly not two hours) and asked you if we could push back your appointment to 5:30pm that same day, or if you would prefer to reschedule our visit for another day. You said you would prefer to reschedule and asked me to call back the next day. When I called you the next day, you were still angry and stated that you didn’t want to reschedule after all. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service, on being flexible, accommodating, on time, and reliable, so it’s always a blow when unforeseen circumstances undermine our best intentions. I’m so sorry we disappointed you. We wish you the best of luck on your bathroom remodel.

09/08/2011

As explained above, the job is still pending until the budget can handle it.

Description of Work
I called for an appointment to get an estimate on attic insulation. I got their answering service and left a message. Some called back when I wasn't in! They left a message saying they would call back but never did. In all fairness I did not have the job done by anybody due to budgeting issues at this time. Steve W.

Category electrician,insulation

This is a follow up to our conversation earlier today. First of all, I want to apologize again for any confusion or delay our lack of follow-through may have caused. I remember your project well because installing insulation is the sort of job that we don't often perform in isolation of a broader scope of work. Black Creek Builders is a Class B General Building Contractor; whereas, what you were asking for (and most likely need) is a C2 Insulation Contractor. When your project file came to me, (I am the owner and only estimator right now) I determined that you would be best served by contracting directly with a C2 Insulation Contractor. I asked one of our office staff to offer you a referral, but, for whatever reason, the information never made it to you. In your note, you mentioned that your project is on hold due to budget concerns, so perhaps it is not too late. When you are ready to proceed, I’d like to recommend Mark Gianino of All Seasons Insulation: (800) 905-7965. Finally, thank you for your feedback. We are already working to improve our follow-through. Black Creek Builders is newly incorporated, and over the last few months, we have experienced a rapid growth spurt. To help us keep up with the influx of calls, monitor our clients, prevent missed appointments, and minimize miscommunications, we implemented a software system for tracking customer relations. I’m confident that, with the help of this system and a heightened attention to follow-up, we will prevent situations like yours from recurring. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience. Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you in the future. Sincerely, Travis

04/07/2011

Our first visit from Black Creek was a contractor who was not a drainage specialist. He then returned a few days later with Travis, the owner, who clearly had lots of experience with drainage. What I liked most about the way Travis approached the project was that he was flexible and discussed all the options with me, and when new information popped up, he listened and we adjusted the project accordingly. Example: originally, we decided to put a drain on the inside of the crawlspace because we were not sure where the water was coming from, and we could deal with it as it entered. A few days later, it rained, and I poked around under the foundation and saw where the water was coming in. As a result of that, Travis changed his mind and we decided to do the drain on the outside - since we could see where the water was penetrating, we could address it before it got inside. Originally we had 4 issues that needed to be addressed. Travis recommended we solve the two that were more urgent, and then address the other two as needed. He reasoned it was better for us to split it into stages - it spreads the cost and it gives us time to evaluate whether the other issues need to be addressed right away. Travis also looked out for me in terms of cost - he asked his plumber which of two or three options would be cheapest for me during one of our discussions, and we went with that option. With this project, Travis gave me an estimate and a time and materials bid. I was a little nervous about that, but these guys worked hard and they sent me a super detailed invoice at the end of the project. Stan, the project foreman, Despite running into a surprise difficulty trying to dig dirt as hard as concrete (literally), the price came within 15% of their original bid--it was fair given the extra time they had to spend on the project.

Description of Work
We needed to address several issues related to water getting into our crawlspace. There was water getting inside in two separate areas - along the front of our house and in our laundry room. The solution was to install a French drain and sump/cistern across the front of our house to address one issue, and then install another cistern/sump in the area of the crawlspace where the laundry room leak was occurring. They dug a trench in front of my house, put in a French drain. They also dug a deep hole inside my crawlspace and put in a cistern. Both holes got a sump pump, and they set up dedicated electrical circuits for each sump.

Category electrician,plumbing,basement waterproofing,drain pipe,dance classes

Thank you for the great review! Part of the fun in construction is problem solving, and with that comes necessary flexibility, so thank you for your openness and sensibility to creative solutions. We’re happy to have worked with you and look forward to any further projects you might have in the future. Sincerely, Black Creek Builders

04/27/2010

They are awesome. I grade them high overall. They were very punctual and professional. I will definitely use them in the future.

Description of Work
I used Black Creek Builders for kitchen remodeling. They have also done some electrical work around my house. I am currently using them for another project as well.

Category electrician,remodeling,home remodeling

12/15/2009

Earlier this year I hired Black Creek Builders for a small gutter repair. The job was done quickly and to the estimated amount. A few months later I decided to remodel my kitchen. I gave Black Creek a call and from planning to execution they were wonderful to work with. Travis, the owner, attended the meeting with my cabinet designer. His input on the design was great. When we discussed the project plan he was clear in his explanations and listened to my ideas. During the week of demolition his crew did everything they could to keep my house from descending into chaos. They always showed up on time, with a crew ready to work. Dave, the electrician, provided great ideas on lighting. Stan brought the plumbing up to code quickly. Tom was the day-to-day guy who kept everything on schedule. He picked up supplies as needed. Didn?t waste time and was a pleasure to work with. Travis was able keep my job on schedule. I?ve heard so many stories of contractors who double book themselves and don?t show up on time. I never had these problems with Black Creek Builders. I would not hesitate to hire Black Creek for both big and small jobs.

Description of Work
Full demo of my kitchen, removal of old cabinets and appliances, drywall, electrical work, plumbing work, painting, floor installation, carpentry, lighting.

Category contractors,concrete repair,drywall,electrician,gutter repair,handyman service,insulation,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,home builders,drain pipe,home remodeling,interior painters,foundation repair

Thank you for the great review! Your business means so much to us and we’re so thrilled to have developed a relationship with you. We take pride in being reliable and following through with customer’s vision, but more importantly we take pride in our customer’s satisfaction, so thank you for making us proud. We look forward to working with you in the future and hope you’ll keep us in mind for your next project. Sincerely, Black Creek Builders

We also build and restore multi-unit and mixed-use commercial/residential/retail projects. We offer custom home building from foundation to finish carpentry, as well as interior and exterior renovations and repairs, including additions, kitchens and bathrooms, decks and porches, structural repairs, drainage systems, and seismic upgrades. With licensed electricians and plumbers on staff, we provide in-house services in all the major trades.

Minor handyman repairs