Best Value Home Improvements

Founded 1999 • With Angi since December 2009

3608 Grand Ave # 204

Oakland, CA 94610

Operating in the Bay Area since 1999, Best Value Home Improvements is a reliable, trusted source for all your home improvements and general contracting needs. Best Value Home Improvements is the best choice, whether you need repairs, or you’re looking at a full remodel. One call for all your home improvement needs. We offer 12 month no interest financing, permit processing & drawings as well. We also have an A+ standing with the better business bureau....

06/21/2018

Carolyn S.

First of all, he does not know how to get a professional appraisal. He came on my home without me knowing it. He's gonna show me pictures on my roof. I asked when did you get in to my roof and he said he didn't need me to take pictures on my roof and all of the information is on his tablet. Original amount that I supposed to pay him is $15,800. He send people out to my home and everybody making assessment. A foreman told me about my chimney asking if I'm going to keep it, I asked if there's a charge and he said I'll have to ask Frank. So he talked to Frank and Frank called me back the next day and told me additional $1200 to remove the chimney and I told them don't remove it. This is an additional charge so I told them no. So then he tells me they'll be doing the roof on June 20, 2018 yesterday. They removed everything off the roof yesterday. After they removed everything off the roof, the foreman said there was a dry rot, so that's gonna be an additional charge for the dry rot. So when I talk to Frank he said his foreman would take pictures of the dry rot and Frank will send the pictures to me with the price. This morning, I woke up around 7:00 or 7:30 and I didn't know they'll come out that early. I thought they're supposed to come out around 9:00. I told them they'll have to call first. So I called Frank, he said he's gonna pull up his crew and will come back next week. Maybe 30 minutes after I talked to Frank, the foreman was on the floor and asking what happened. The foreman said there was a mix-up. So Frank called his crew and everybody left. Normally you'd make an appointment, you don't just show up. So I have another appointment and I'm getting ready to go to that appointment then Frank appears, no phone call no nothing telling me I have to sign papers and I told him I have another appointment to go to so I left. He does not communicate well.

Description of Work
They're supposed to be putting a new roof on my home.

03/15/2016

Iris B.

Everyone was respectful and clean and efficient. They did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Had 24 windows replaced with triple pane windows and have the outside of our 1904 home painted.

Category roofing, replacement windows, house painters, interior painters

09/26/2015

kathleen H.

We were generally satisfied with the quality of the end results: the exterior painting was done professionally, and the new window looks good. However, the process of working with this company was difficult, largely due to the project manager. He did not keep good records on our window order, so when they installed the window, key details were wrong -- instead of the white-painted wood I had requested, the interior frames were unfinished wood, and the accessories were the wrong color/material. In addition, the project manager went missing-in-action once the work was underway, leaving me to try to coordinate between three different sub-contractors (the one installing the window, the stucco guy, and the painters). After I left repeated frustrated voicemails, the project manager left me a message saying Best Value had let him go and that he was expected to finish out his jobs (which, obviously, he had little incentive to do well). I wrote a letter to the company and complained, and they ultimately made things right -- the window accessories were replaced, the interior wood was painted (though the paint is more prone to stick and scrape because it was done after-the-fact, rather than during the manufacturing process). I am unlikely to use them again. The company was smart enough to let a weak employee go, but they should have foreseen the problems that would come from leaving customers stuck with that person.

Description of Work
Painted exterior of house and replaced large front window.

Category contractors, roofing, replacement windows, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

07/23/2015

Iris B.

It went well. The window sub-contractor did an excellent job. Fast, efficient and very clean. The painting of the outside of our house also went well. We were happy with the work.

Description of Work
We had 24 windows replaced with triple pane vinyl windows. We also had the outside of our 1904 house painted.

Category roofing, replacement windows, house painters

06/22/2015

ERIC H.

Frank and his team were punctual, professional, and provided high quality work...they were there when they said they would be, and did a fine job that I am very happy with. They are a bit on the pricey side, but considering the lack of problems compared to other contractors, it was well worth it.

Description of Work
Provided exterior painting and shingle/trim replacement on my 100 y/o house.

04/28/2015

Judith R.

It went wonderfully. I thought they were terrific. They were very fast; I was very impressed. Even though it usually takes forever, I could tell it was going fast. I liked the workmanship very much. They turned up when they said they would turn up. That’s always great. They were very, very helpful. I have not made all the decisions I should have made. They took me to a store that sold cabinets and the countertops and the flooring and so forth and helped me make those decisions. They were easy to deal with. They were very responsive. I said things like, I really want bright light in this kitchen because it's a dark kitchen and they got me very bright lights. I love the work they did. The prices were reasonable.

Description of Work
We used Best Value Home Improvements. They did a lot of work for me. They redid my kitchen.

Category countertops, flooring contractor, remodeling, interior painters

07/02/2014

Geoffrey K.

We got five estimates. Three were ridiculously high (and one of them kept telling me how difficult the job was because nothing was plumb -- what do you expect in a 1903 condo in SF?!). One was much lower but I didn't trust the man. For Best Value, Frank was the one we dealt with for the estimate, and he was wonderful. He subcontracted the work. Frank's estimate was quite reasonable, and the people he used were excellent -- very fast, efficient, knowledgable.

Description of Work
The job was to replace a number of kitchen cabinets with a different size and to do a tile backsplash (with picture tile).

Category roofing, woodworking

05/02/2014

Manuel R.

I was not too impressed with their service. They just sent a sales guy out and did a small drawing. It was not what I was looking for. However, scheduling was fine.

Description of Work
I purchased the big deal for $75 for Custom Bathroom Design with Measurements and Plans.

03/13/2014

Carlo O.

The gentleman came by and gave me an estimate but I didn't use them because I thought that they were too high and I am somewhat skeptical of their work. I didn't think it was suitable for what I wanted to have done in my house and I was kind of going up a blind alley with them. The price is relatively on the high side but they were responsive and the contractor came when he said he would.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from Best Value Home Improvements for a siding and building of a deck.

Category decks, siding

01/01/2014

Robert P.

We wanted to get a design idea for the kitchen or bathroom. They were not going to do the kitchen but because of a poor communication issue, they did give a cost to remodel our kitchen. The guy charges astronomical prices for his work. He wanted $38,000!!! Our house is not large and that was just a crazy amount so we did not do it. We liked the guy, but he needs to work for millionaires.

12/09/2013

MARSHA C.

I really wasn't satisfied with it because we talked about it that I would get the layout that he had but I didn't get it. He just gave me a little copy. I would never do that again. He came out and he talked really well about it. It was quite expensive so it was probably more than I was willing to pay. He gave me some good suggestions but when I asked for the plan, he was very hesitant about providing them to me and I thought that was part of the package. He acted like if I didn't get the work done from him, he didn't really want to give me the plan. He said he would send me a copy of something but it wasn't really what I had expected. He was a nice guy and was very pleasant.

Description of Work
I used the "Big Deal" that I purchased for the services of Best Value Home Improvements.

11/13/2013

Shelly B.

Bathroom remodel. |There was a lack of attention to detail from design process to delivered product. Grout is already cracking where the tub meets tile. Bathroom is usable and nice though. A major improvement over the old. For the price, it's okay.

11/12/2013

Richard S.

Everything went well. They were professional, delivered the plans on schedule, and were consistent in their follow up. Ultimately, we went with another company's designs which was no fault of Best Value.

Description of Work
They provided a custom bathroom design with measurements and plans.

10/02/2013

Kunjan C.

It was not good. We didn't get any plans as mentioned. They came out to do the measurements for the plans but then they did not send anything. There were no additional charges beyond the big deal amount. A person came and took the measurements but apart from that we had nothing else. Earlier the response was quick and they came as per the appointment but later on it was not that good.

Description of Work
We purchased a big deal for Best Value Home Improvements. It was $75 for customer bathroom designs with measurements and plans.

09/12/2013

Nora S.

did not use--there were better options

Description of Work
discussed bathroom remodeling options

Category remodeling

08/19/2013

upendram K.

Jerry from BVHI was the person that we dealth with. He was very professional from the beginning and always gave us the clear insight into the nature of work we were planning to get done. They always showed up ontime for the 2 appointments that were made on behalf of this bathroom upgrade that we had planned and gave us some ideas as to how to go about it. Unfortunately, we had few financial issues and hence we are not getting it done for now. If at all we decide to do it in future, we will go to Jerry.

Description of Work
Planning to build a new bathroom

Category remodeling, roofing, home remodeling

08/18/2013

Nancy F.

Badly. I received 4 phonecalls before they ever arrived: 1 to confirm the visit (one hour after I made it), 1 to say they were late for a noon appointment (when the appointment was for 2pm), 1 to say they were running late for the 2pm appointment (10 minutes before visit) and 1 to ask for directions (5 minutes before visit). I was tired of them before they ever arrived. I asked for ideas on a “Cadillac” and a “Chevy” remodel. He immediately gave me ideas for Cadillac. They were way too grand. I asked him to scale down to Toyota. He jumped to me buying all new fixtures and him doing $13,000 of labor. I knew the labor cost was ridiculous since, by the end of the conversation, he would be only replacing floor, tiling in bathtub and screwing in new fixtures. Earlier, he had tried to convince me that fixtures including tub, vanity and sink would cost, collectively, under $2,000 – arguing with me that a new tub would cost no more than $150. (I can now see from Home Depot alone that his fixture estimates were way understated.) I focused on getting a scaled drawing of the bathroom which I did receive two days later. My daughter and I just re-measured and more than half of his dimension were incorrect! Summary: I got nothing from this visit except a drawing that was incorrect and an unrealistic (waaaay high) estimate for labor – an estimate that would normally be free.

Description of Work
Deal stated that it would be plans for a kitchen or bathroom remodel. When I called, he said only rough plans – eg: excluding plumbing and electrical. I agreed to that (since I had already paid!)

07/17/2013

Ron R.

Although our original experience was shaky, we received phone call from Frank. He resolved our issues with care, concern and a high level of professionalism.

Description of Work
Provide a bathroom or kitchen plan

07/01/2013

VICTORIA W.

We had purchased a big deal and what we paid for is not what we got. The deal was supposed to be for blue prints for a bathroom remodel. I just got a pencil drawing and they told me that the 75 Dollars of the big deal was not enough for a blue print. The only reason I paid for it was that it was a good deal and we could take the blue print to multiple bidders and see who would give us the best deal, which we will not be able to do with a pencil drawing. The gentleman was nice but we didn't get what we needed and he kept answering his cell phone the entire time. I could have done what he gave me by myself, in fact I had already done it using an excel program. A pencil drawing is not what I anticipated for 75 Dollars because I could have done that myself. UPDATE: A clarification is needed- While everything previously written is correct, I did not clarify that the issue was with ANGIE'S LIST, not with the service provider. ANGIE'S LIST advertised consultation and blueprints for $75 with this service provider. The service provider told me that there is no way anyone could offer that deal, and that it was ANGIE'S LIST that erred in the advertisement, not them. When I spoke to ANGIE'S LIST representative (who called me, by the way), I told her how disappointed I was with her company, and I feel now that ANGIE'S LIST was no better than any other of the companies in the world- advertise a service, and don't deliver. She apologized, and said she would have someone contact me. I haven't heard from them again.

Description of Work
We used Best Value Home Improvements.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

06/27/2013

Ron R.

I inadvertently did two review on this company. I only purchased one service from them, not two. My apologies. I have requested the second review be removed. Waiting to hear a response from the Angie's List team.

Description of Work
provide us with a custom floor plan for a bathroom or kitchen

Category remodeling

06/22/2013

Gerald H.

I thought it was a little pricey. The work took about an hour and only required a little bit of tar. I thought that $550 for an hours worth of work was a little high. The guy was very nice and very clean. I think that the price was extreme. One guy came with a ladder and went up with a bucket and it took him 1 hour. They came out within a week or so. He was very attentive and showed up when he said he would. He did all of the stuff that we wanted. The service was excellent. I would get other bids before I would use them again.

Description of Work
Best Value Home Improvements did a roof inspection and some patching and repairs.

05/22/2013

Deborah J.

They were very quick in response and quick in getting the job done. They were courteous.

Description of Work
I used Best Value Home Improvements for some caulking on my roof and some inspection of my roof.

05/02/2013

Mark T.

Best Value Home Improvements showed up on time, they were very professional, very friendly, and they seemed to be very competent. I didn't find out what type of windows they use but I would consider them once I do.

Description of Work
Best Value Home Improvements quoted us for fencing and windows.

Category fencing, replacement windows

03/14/2013

Chandra E.

Best Value Home Improvements were great. I told him not to worry about a follow up estimate but at the same time he could have. He was delightful. We asked him for about 20 things. I called them and they came out like 3 days later which was really great. I want to get other estimates to see how they compare and then we would decide to use them in the future.

Description of Work
We got an estimate from Best Value Home Improvements for building a roof on a large shed.

01/09/2013

Judith R.

They were easy to talk to. I showed them the problem and they told me what they were going to do in some detail. They pointed out some water damage from some roof leaking to the porch. They proposed a way of reroofing the porch to eliminate that. They came when they said they would and they finished the work when they said they would. The price was good.

Description of Work
I used Best Value Home Improvements to do some carpentry work on my front porch. It involved a little bit of carpentry, painting and roofing.

Category decks, roofing, woodworking, house painters

JC Construction

Specializing in Drywall Framing Sheetrock Texturing & Painting, with over 32 years of experience, reviews from Neighborhood, Yelp, Licensed & Bonded please contact me through Ang list, contact number or email.

Home Living Window Fashions

At Home Living Window Fashions we believe that your home should be one of your favorite places on Earth. Everything we do is organized around helping you make that vision a reality. We offer the highest quality Shutters, Motorized Window Coverings, Retractable Awnings, Outdoor Shades, Sail Shades, and other products to help you love where you live.

Floor Pros

Floor Pros was established in 1980 as a family owned business to provide the San Francisco Bay Area with quality hardwood flooring installation, sanding, and refinishing services for both commercial and residential homes and businesses. We are committed to providing our customers in San Francisco, San Mateo, Marin, Contra Costa, and Alameda counties with exceptional hardwood flooring services. Our new customers are all wondering the same thing, what makes Floor Pros qualified for quality work? We are members of several institutions that set high standards for the hardwood flooring industry. Trained and certified by the National Wood Flooring Association, who sets the benchmark for professional conduct, we guarantee that our technicians are the best in the industry. Also, we are a proud member of USGBC, who sets the standards for environmentally sustainable construction. Believing that providing quality services is a continuous process, we send our technicians to hardwood flooring workshops in and out of the San Francisco Bay Area a few times each year to ensure that they are current with techniques and technologies. This year we have enrolled our technicians for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification by USGBC. Understanding that sustainable business practices are in the best interest of our customers, suppliers, employees, and environment, we are one of the few hardwood flooring companies in based in the San Francisco Bay Area that are pioneering LEED projects. We also believe in using the best product our suppliers can provide us to ensure that the wood flooring is long lasting and durable. Each year, we make three to four trips to our supplier’s headquarters; whether it’s in Canada, Seattle, or Brazil, we go the distance to find the best brands. Some of the prestigious brands we carry are: Mirage, Lauzon, DuChateau, and Oshkosh Designs. Each brand and product we use and carry is hand picked by our current founder and president,

MasterCard, Visa, Check, Discover, Financing Available

Remodeling & Home Improvements – Painting, Roofing, Windows, Bathrooms, Kitchens, Room Additions, Stairs & Decks, Siding, Carpentry, Flooring, Texture Coating, Gutters, Dry Rot, & Electrical Work.

Ask for details.