Bay Area Deck & Remodel

Founded 1993 • With Angi since December 2009

4.4

646 Kennedy St 102

Oakland, CA 94606

BAY AREA DECK & REMODEL Lic#757900 We build decks using Redwood, Cedar, Ipe, Machiche, or composite. We also repair or remodel existing wood decks, porches, awnings or any outdoor wood structure, build trellises, pergolas, fences, retaining walls, stairways. We can help design your project with

07/07/2015

Katherine D.

Description of Work
They never contacted me.

05/12/2015

Claudia M.

John and his crew of Dave, Matt, and Peter did an outstanding job putting in a new deck and pergola. My old deck and pergola were falling apart, and there had been some problems with the original design. John made excellent design changes that give the new deck and pergola much cleaner lines. They not only look very attractive, but they're built to last. (My builder boyfriend who didn't have time to do the project himself was very impressed by it.) Really high quality work! And John and his crew were a pleasure to work with. I was impressed with John's attention to detail, his patience with my many questions, his clear, timely communication, and the frequency with which he was on-site. The crew was great, going out of their way to make sure I wasn't inconvenienced, showing up when they said they would, communicating clearly, cleaning up well, and just generally making the project smooth and efficient. I'm thrilled with my new deck and pergola and would happily hire John and his crew again for future projects.

Description of Work
Built a new deck and a new pergola.

10/02/2013

Calene G.

Their was was unreal; when I heard the prices, I just backed out. The quote process was fine; they are business professionals.

Description of Work
I received a quote for having a deck refurbished; cleaning and sanding.

07/17/2013

Ernest S.

They did a good job.

Description of Work
Bay Area Deck & Remodel rebuilt the front porch.

12/28/2012

Raymond W.

I was supposed to give an and quot;as-isand quot; value and a and quot;repaired value.and quot; One of the problems with the house was a series of wood steps and decks that wound uphill and they were totally dry rotted and hazardous. I measured all the steps, rails, decks, landings and other items needed to rebuild the whole thing. Usually on something like this, I call a tradesman to try to get just a ballpark estimate (after all I'm not a contractor). I called 3 or 4 deck repair/rebuild people from Angie's list. Bay Area Deck and Remodel was the only company that was available right away (I had to leave messages for the others). Anyway, John Grivas of Bay Area Deck and Remodel agreed to do the estimate based on the measurements I gave him plus a bunch of photos I sent him. I got an estimate, based on just my data and photos, within a day or two. He did not go out to the property at all, so I did get the estimate I was looking for. I sent the estimate to the listing Realtor who was also getting bids. The Realtor was very happy that I provided him with that estimate and he submitted it to the bank. Unfortunately, the bank decided not to rebuild the steps and decks and sold the property and quot;as-is.and quot; The good news out of all this is that the Realtor, who does a lot of foreclosure work, has kept Mr. Grivas' business card use for other work the bank might need

Description of Work
I am an appraiser who I needed an estimate for rebuilding wood stairs and decks that provided exterior access to the 3 levels of the house that was bank owned.

06/19/2012

ALLYSON H.

***

Description of Work
John came to my home on short notice and assessed my deck requirements. He was very personable and appeared to know what he was talking about. Promised to send an estimate for thedeck rebuild. After my first email reminder that I was waiting for his estimate, he again said he would send the bid. I neverreceived the estimate. When I inquired once again, he said he had gotten busy with several other jobs.

09/14/2011

Mariko L.

I left John a message requesting an estimate, and he reponded right away. He went out of his way to work with my schedule to take a look at the project and promptly sent me an estimate with excellent details of the intended work. He was pleasant, couteous and very professional. Unfortunately, we could choose only one contractor.

Description of Work
Estimate to replace a back porch, stairway, fence and gate as well as minor foundation work.

08/25/2011

wendy S.

Never responded to several e-mail and one phone call.

Description of Work
Contacted this company several times, through e-mails and one phone message. No one even bothered to e-mail or call me back. Completely unprofessional. I give them a big fat " F".

04/10/2011

Jennifer L.

John is great! He emailed me many links of decking vendor info so I could find something i liked. We worked together on the design and he provided 3D drawings for all the options! Once we found the best fit for our yard, he worked with me step by step and patiently kept me informed of all updates and solutions to potential issues. He was very COMMUNICATIVE, is customer service oriented and always returned my calls and emails. He is very businesslike, shows up on time, works hard, produced a great design, gave a fair price, has good attention to detail and is pleasant to work with. I highly recommend him for your project!

Description of Work
John designed a small deck for my backyard. It was an 8 x 12 foot deck with a pressure treated wood frame, trex decking and railing. He installed 8 concrete piers to support the frame. I then had him do a few smaller projects in my office space - he framed and hung a door, built a custom mailbox, assembled and installed Ikea furniture, created an office partition using the Ikea furniture and installed a window in one office room. A few months later he came back and removed dry rot framing from a leaking bathroom shower and installed new framing.

Category decks, remodeling, woodworking, doors

Northgate Development

Specialty Deck & Patio Builders! We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Our team has quality experience in this industry, and we make sure our customers are happy before we leave. Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

JC Construction

Here at JC Construction, we sustain our business on quality and integrity. With over 32 to years of experiences we are experts in Drywall, Framing, Sheetrock, Texturing and Painting. We are committed to quality from the beginning to the end of your project. As a Licensed and Bonded contractor we look forward to earning your business.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers by JC Construction on Angi
    Drywall Repair Guys

We specialize in drywall and sheet rock installs, repairs, finishing, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

2022 Super Service Award

MasterCard, American Express, Check, Visa, PayPal
    Satisfaction

build decks, repair or remodel existing wood decks, build porches, build awnings , build trellises, build pergolas, build fences, build retaining walls, build stairways, create 3D drawings, structural remodeling, interior framing, door installation, window installation, sheetrock installation.

Plumbing, interior remoding