The Home Doctors Inc

Founded 1989 • With Angi since October 2005

The Home Doctors specialize in all aspects of home repair and remodeling...

Economy Lock and Key Inc

Additional Website - www.economylock.com. Serving the North Bay area 24 hours per day Monday through Saturday. Complete Locksmith Services for commercial, residential, and automotive. We also sell and service safes !! Service and installation of security door hardware.

JOHN BLYTHE ELECTRIC

Serving Marin homeowners 35+ years, with over 2855 satisfied clients. Family owned since 1982. Expertise in lighting, new circuits, problem-solving and remodel. I welcome calls to discuss projects, answer questions and give you suggestions.

Upright Construction

05/24/2016

Pam J.

They do wonderful work. They can do everything, from the big stuff to the smaller stuff as well. They have done so much for me that I would never go to another service provider. They are a one stop shop, and are willing to work with you.

Description of Work
They do almost all of the projects I have around the home.

Category handyman service

Thank you for the wonderful review. We enjoy being your go to guys! See you in the future!

02/11/2015

Todd B.

Their initial quote was too expensive. The quote was for about $8,500. They were very professional. They were a little bit slow on the slog time but I would consider them again for future projects.

Description of Work
I got a quote from Home Doctors for a French drain installation project and it involved plumbing and landscaping.

Category landscaping,plumbing

02/03/2015

Victor M.

He showed up on time, examined the projects and laid out how he would go about addressing them. He was friendly, thorough, and cleaned the work area after finishing.

Description of Work
Fixed top shelf of china cabinet (he fashioned supports that the shelf rests on.) Repaired two broken kitchen cabinets. Removed carpeting from the stairs and landing. This was more complicated than it sounds because there were several layers of carpet and many small nails and wood pieces to hold the carpet in place.

Category handyman service

Thank you for taking the time to review our service. It is greatly appreciated! We look forward to working with you all again. All the Best Tapley

12/16/2014

THOMAS J.

Everything is going well, like I said above, the rains have delayed the completion of the outside work. Tapley and his crew have been great, answered all of our questions and concerns. They are obviously very experienced and very easy to work with.

Description of Work
Began repair of some rot in a rafter tail, rains have delayed completion. Recommended a Hardwood Floor refinisher, that work has been completed. The floors look great!

Category handyman service

Hi [Members Name], Thank you for taking the time to post this great review. Can't wait to see the floors! and can't wait to get your trim back together next week! Best wishes Tapley

09/08/2014

Paula H. D.

We communicated solely by e-mail. I provided a 'wish list'. At first, the company was responsive to my list. Then I communicated, again, via e-mail to schedule at time to meet. Then I waited. Because I was not in a super hurry to get going, I allowed too much time to pass. When I realized I had not heard from the Company, I e-mailed again. I rec'd an apology and told that instead of dealing with this person, I'd be dealing with another person...that that person would be calling me. I'm waiting to this day. I have since contacted another company.

Description of Work
We never got that far.

Category handyman service

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We appreciate the input. We apologize for our poor responsiveness to your needs. As per the email exchange from 2 weeks ago you are in our list of clients to go see. We apologize again for not getting to you sooner.We are running about 2 to 3 weeks out for estimate visits. We should have communicated that info to you. Your input is very valuable to us and will help us improve our customer service. Thank you Tapley Tapley Dawson COO The Home Doctors Inc

03/29/2014

PETER J.

Scrape old caulk, clean surface, recaulk at bathtub and up tile corners and at ceiling. Quick, courteous response. Good to deal with.

Description of Work
Bathtub recaulking..

Category ceramic tile,handyman service

Thank you for taking time to submit your review. We appreciate the input! Hope we can serve you in the future. All the Best Tapley

02/17/2014

Tom V.

On the big deal which I am rating here, there was more work than the time allotted (we had a big list), and they billed us at their standard rate ($90/hr??) which we found fair and reasonable. We have used the Home Doctors subsequently for a painting project, so they are on our go-to list for small home repair projects.

Description of Work
We were very pleased with the service.

Category handyman service,interior painters

Hi [remove member name], Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. It is greatly appreciated! We look forward to working with you in the future. All the best Tapley

02/10/2014

Claudia F.

The service person was friendly, experienced, and prompt.

Description of Work
Repaired window cranks on interior residential windows.

Category handyman service

Thank you for taking the time to review our service. It was a pleasure working with you. We look forward to helping you out in the future! All the Best Tapley Tapley Dawson The Home Doctors Inc.

12/19/2013

deborah C.

I thought the price was high. I wouldn’t use them again. It took a long time to do the job. It was bad. They were here for 4 and a half hours to do those 2 things and they charge by the hour. The guy was nice. He was just really slow. He was really chatty but he couldn’t like work and chat at the same time. It was very frustrating. He did a good job for what he did.

Description of Work
I used The Home Doctors to hang the most expensive curtain rods. They also installed a gas log sets.

Category handyman service,gas logs

Greetings, We received this review before the job was invoiced. We called the client and discussed the work in question. We agreed that 2 hours was reasonable for the work accomplished. We sent her the invoice with the agreed charges and she paid very promptly. We also returned to her home to adjust one of the rods at no charge. All in all everything was resolved and the client is happy! It would be great if the rating could be amended to accurately reflect the service. Thank you Tapley Dawson The Home Doctors Inc

12/10/2013

Frances H.

I’d be very careful if I use them. I got a bill for over the amount but I contacted him and I told him essentially that I had called the gentleman who came out and he had already left my job so there should have no additional fee and then I got charged for the products they bought which I believe he bought on my time, an additional 30% like a surcharge. I find that kind of unusual. That had never happened to me before. I was a little concerned. I probably wouldn’t call them again. The guy who came out did a very nice job. I don’t have any problem with the work. The work was fine. The management itself wanted to charge me an additional hour when I had called to make sure that the guy was either on the job or not on the job. The gentleman was very nice. He had multiple skills in fixing. He was excellent.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal coupon from The Home Doctors for handymen services.

Category handyman service

Hello [removed members name], Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are glad you are satisfied with the work and it was completed with a high level of craftsmanship. We are sorry there is some confusion regarding the billing. Let me clarify... Yes our field tech made an error on the time on your invoice. You brought that up in a letter you included with your payment for the materials. We agreed and did not charge you for that time. You did get your 4 hours and all the list done for half price. A great deal!! Yes of course we do charge our clients for any materials used to complete their work. We also charge for the time to purchase materials. That is part of the job. Yes we have a surcharge we add to the materials. This is a markup similar to what would be included in a fixed price or bid job. Most contractors mark up materials. It is part of the puzzle that allows contractors to run a successful business. As the invoice you received shows we itemize the materials so you get an honest accounting of what was used and its cost plus tax and markup. This is an honest and transparent methodology giving you, the client ,all the information about your job. We sincerely hope this helps address your concerns and you will take the time to amend your review to more accurately reflect the quality and timeliness of the work done. Sincerely Tapley Dawson The Home Doctors Inc

The Home Doctors Inc

Founded 1989 • With Angi since October 2005

6 Pamaron Way Ste A

Novato, CA 94949

Full remodel & home repair.

N/A