VOORHEIS & VOORHEIS, INC.

Founded 1974 • With Angi since June 2005

LS7570
CA
California: General
12/31/2021

17049 Sunburst St

Northridge, CA 91325

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We accept remote payment

Voorheis & Voorheis is a family owned and managed land surveying company with deep roots in the greater Los Angeles community reaching back more than 45 years. The Hallmarks of our company continue to be Reliability, Accuracy, Integrity and Customer Service. Our highly experienced principals and friendly, veteran staff are uniquely qualified to handle a wide variety of surveying challenges both large and small. We utilize the latest technologies to achieve accurate and efficient survey results, which translates into confidence and value for our clients....

land surveyors (67)

07/17/2021

Jeff and Team were awesome. We had just moved and there was some ambiguity with our neighbors boundary walls. We wanted to get a boundary survey done so we could make sure we understood our property boundries. I called Jeff and he immediately put me at ease with his approach and questions. I knew I was in good hands. We had a date scheduled and a few days before he called to let me know it was goi...

Description of Work
Boundary Survey

Work Completed On 02/26/2021

10/22/2020

They did a good job and they they have good equipment. I am very happy with it.

Description of Work
They surveyed our property which is on the hillside.

Work Completed On 10/22/2017

07/15/2019

My residential construction project was abruptly put on hold when a city inspector required a survey to verify the property boundaries. Unfortunately good surveyors are in high demand (at least 4 weeks out), and Voorheis and Voorheis was no exception. However, after discussing my job with Jeff, he thought he'd be able to work it in very soon between other clients. Jeff patiently answered my questi...

Description of Work
Survey of residential lot

Work Completed On 07/15/2019

11/09/2017

They were helpful, friendly, professional and efficient, really knew what they were doing, explained to me in detail whatever I asked them to, kept me informed of the process, and were careful and respectful on my property (like not trampling plants). They followed up and encouraged me to call if I had any questions. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Jeff Voorheis and his crew surveyed my residential property in August 2017. (I was getting a new fence installed and wanted to know where the property lines were so I wouldn't make an expensive mistake with the fence placement.)

Work Completed On 08/31/2017

07/14/2017

I encountered a complicated boundary dispute involving my residential property and a new neighbor who began clearing an area. After searching Angie's List, I discovered Voorheis & Voorheis and its stellar reviews. I called on the company and had a complete survey made for my property. I am so glad I did. There were so many headache issues involving my property: it's hilly, convoluted, and there we...

Description of Work
Complete boundary line survey for our residential property.

Work Completed On 07/14/2017

09/30/2016

Voorheis & Voorheis were very professional in every way. They definitely know their business When an irate neighbor confronted them, they handled the situation with class. They were able to de-escalate the situation and proceed with the survey. I am definitely glad that I chose them and would recommend them in a second.

Description of Work
Established and marked the 4 corners of my property.

Work Completed On 09/20/2016

08/01/2016

I was incredibly impressed by Jeff's professionalism, depth of knowledge, and courtesy. I can't think of many people who would have invested the time to research and answer my questions, which he knew up front would likely result in my not moving forward with the work. Were an issue like this to come up again or if I were to need other survey work done, my first call would be to Jeff.

Description of Work
I contacted Jeff about performing a boundary survey to verify work done by a neighbor using another survey company which reset boundary lines between our properties. Rather than simply going forward, Jeff took the time to discuss methodology and accuracy in surveying and even offered as a courtesy to review the new survey results against older records. He then answered my questions about why the changes occurred, which resulted in my reconsidering having a new survey done.

Work Completed On 07/29/2016

02/17/2016

My elderly parents have lived in their house for 55 years, and during that entire time had a great relationship with their adjacent neighbor. But when the neighbor died, a developer purchased the property and was going to tear down the boundary fence, much to my parents dismay. The developer provided a report which indicated the fence was on his property and he intended to demolish it. Voorheis to...

Description of Work
Voorheis did a survey of a fence boundary issue.

Work Completed On 10/19/2015

02/15/2016

I had called another surveyor who couldn't get me on their calendar for a month. I called Voorhies & Voorhies and they had a cancellation so they were able to come out the next day. They showed up when they said they would and did a good job. Everything was fast, efficient and thorough.

Description of Work
Partial site survey of my property.

Work Completed On 11/09/2015

12/09/2015

From my first contact with Jeff Voorhies, the communication was succinct, everything explained and scheduled promptly. The young men who executed the survey, Brad and Jeremiah, were informative, polite and professional. The results were explained to us and the final document was delivered to us precisely as promised. We were very pleased with our experience with Voorhies and Voorhies.

Description of Work
They surveyed our property lines and established the corner points.

Work Completed On 09/01/2015

Boundary, ADU Survey, Topographic, Architectural, Slope Analysis Map, ALTA, Construction Layout, Lot Line, Easements, Property Disputes, Expert Witness

FEMA Flood Certificates