Northridge Screen Service

Founded 1964 • With Angi since June 2006

18744 Parthenia St Ste 4

Northridge, CA 91324

5 Employees, Uses Subcontractors For Specialty Job Preparation. Cost Is Determined By The Job. Travel Charges If Any Are Based Upon Location And Job Size. Mobile Service; Work Performed On-Site. In Business Since 1964,Owner Present At Job, Visa & Mc Accepted For Fees Exceeding $200.00....

10/14/2020

james A.

Very professional. Excellent work. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
new screens and screen door

Category replacement windows, doors

09/10/2020

Richard E.

Needed 7 screens of various sizes to be replaced. The frames were good, so only the wire mesh needed replacing.

Description of Work
Screen repair

Category closet systems, screen repair

07/29/2019

Thomas C.

It was good, great, and they were excellent

Description of Work
Sliding screen door

Category replacement windows

04/16/2018

Ernest K.

I really like that Northridge Screen Service lets clients drop off broken screens at their office. This saves on a trip fee for a minor repair. I had just one broken window screen, and the repair was done in one business day. Dropping it off and picking it up myself saved a lot of money.

Description of Work
Replace window screen

09/13/2017

Roger H.

Fine. I thought that the price was too high. The customer is at a disadvantage.

Description of Work
Replace screen on small front window and replace screen on door.

Category screen repair, patios

07/15/2017

TONY L.

We did not use Steve Miller. He was repeatedly rude on voicemails, and on the phone. His office took our measurements on the phone and gave us a price a few days ago. When he called us back, he could not find it them. He was very sarcastic apologizing that he was giving us the "arduous task" of going through the measurements again. I asked him if we could please get back to him because he is only available to talk on the phone during the hour we have dinner with our kids. He just hung up the phone on me without saying a word. Rude.

Description of Work
Screen repair

05/01/2017

Rebecca M.

Very well. One of the best experiences we've ever had in terms of taking care of our home. Company and its owner (Steven Miller) are extreme professionals, no overselling.

Description of Work
New house screens, about 26 of them

10/04/2016

Gregg D.

It took a few weeks for them to be able to get to my house and start the work but once they got there I understood why they are so busy. Steve the owner is a great guy. It took them a couple days to complete the work but my house is a larger home and when they were done it was as if they were never there except for the fact that all of my screens looked amazing. Courteous, professional and top rate work is what you get if you call them to work on your screens. Thanks Steve!!!

Description of Work
I needed all of the window and door screens replaced at my home.

Category closet systems, screen repair, replacement windows, doors

02/18/2016

Gerald W.

Steve is going to kill someone with his truck. I was amazed that someone would intentionally try to run some off the freeway. He did it to me today. The definition of road rage. Then I look up his business on yelp and read the exact same stories by other people. Yes Caroline H. I believe you, he did the exact same thing to me today. I called his office and asked if he was nuts... the answer. "a little bit".

Description of Work
Tried to run me off the freeway. Three times.

10/12/2015

Alisa H.

Our sliding screen door had some holes in it. Called Northridge Screen Service and Steve came out the same day. Said he could rescreen it for $80. Did that, cleaned out the track, fixed the latch that wasn't working, all in about a half hour. Silly that we waited this long.

Description of Work
Great work!

07/20/2015

Milton W.

They just threw out my old screens to dispose of them. They do a great job overall, but I was expecting them to clean up and take care of the mess.

Description of Work
I had 25 screens replaced.

06/15/2015

Maria H.

I just called this company to schedule a "free" estimate to repair or replace a slider screen door. Told her I had to make the appointment after 4:30 and any day would be fine. After answering a few questions as to type of door, damage etc....she, never identified herself only company name, told me there would be a charge of 54.00+ for them to come out. I told her that according to Angie's List their estimates are free. She proceeded to tell me again that there would be the 54.00+ for them to come out. Their estimates are not free. I said I didn't want the work done now that I need an estimate for either repair or a new slider. I told her to forget it that according to Angie's List THEY ARE FREE....at that point she hung up on me while I was still talking. Not the kind of company I pay my membership for.....

Description of Work
Did not have them do anything due to the fact that they DO charge for estimates, according to the girl who answered the phone who did not identify herself.

04/10/2015

Susan D.

I called to schedule a quote to install new wooden screens for all of my windows. I tried both numbers, and there was no answer on either. 10 minutes later I got a call back from a nice woman who got my number from caller ID and said that she had just stepped away from the phone for a few minutes. She said they charge $54.00 dollars to have someone come out and provide a quote. She said that if I used them, this cost would be credited to the job. I decided not to obtain a quote from them as I had other companies scheduled to provide a quote and they were not charging for this.

Description of Work
Nothing

02/27/2015

Marc B.

Steve arrived on time, worked the whole time, replaced one wheel on the screen door and made adjustments. We have used him in the past and always had the same great experience which is why we keep using him.

Description of Work
Repaired screen door, added dog grate, added three new foundation vent screens.

10/13/2014

Steve L.

Steve suggested fixing the old screen or making a new screen.We went with the new screen. Works perfectly and he did a fine job.

Description of Work
Replaced sliding screen door

08/25/2014

Florence T.

Everything went perfectly. Steve called us back the same day we left our info with his office. He scheduled the repair for the next business day. He was on time, pleasant, professional and his price was fair. The job was perfect and we were very happy. We have used NR Screen Service in the past and had an equally positive experience. We highly recommend NR Screen Service.

Description of Work
Replaced the rollers on our screen door and rehung it after the puppy knocked it out of the frame.

03/13/2014

Peggy B.

What a terrific experience. Steve and John were great, they arrived within the time window they quoted me. Quickly went to work and were done in no time. The work looks great, quality materials and they came in under the amount quoted. A great experience. Also a shout out Lupe - who answers the phone at home office, she is terrific. Not only friendly but spot on giving the pricing and overall quote.

Description of Work
Re-screened the sliding back door to the pool (puppy had run through it) , Re-screened the front door (puppy clawed it when mailman came) and re-screened two side windows (nothing to do with puppy)

09/18/2013

David B.

Prompt, fast service. We had 1970's style single pane windows with the aluminum frames. They re-used all the frames they could and did a good job of explaining why the one's the could not needed replacing. A

Description of Work
Replaced 5 bent frames with new frames. Fixed 9 window screens. Replaced screen, rollers and handle in sliding door.

08/26/2013

Daniel G.

Great. They were prompt, courteous and did a great job.

Description of Work
They made a new screen for a window and repaired a screen for a sliding door.

07/22/2013

Bonnie B.

i had used this service provider before and already knew he was a pro. his office takes calls, returns calls with information when promised, he shows up on time and is very thorough in his explanations. he explains his costs beforehand and, in our case, we had him do extra work and he was very clear about those costs, as well. the owner has a rather sharp manner, almost arrogant - and that's ok with me cuz he knows screens and does a great job!

Description of Work
repaired a window screen, also replaced broken screen door tracking on sliding doors to the outside.

06/30/2013

ROBERT H.

Very well. Tight fit, good materials. Designed fastener alternatives for easy/less easy removal

Description of Work
fabricated door screen, frame and pet mesh

06/28/2013

Ken G.

It went very well with Northridge Screen Service. They did a very good job. This is a very old house and that's the original sliding glass door. It is a lot bigger than other doors that you find on houses today. They were very good. They cleaned, they were on time and they were very fast, very efficient. They were in and out. The guy who did it was very fast and very thorough. I was very pleased with them. I would recommend them for anybody.

Description of Work
We had a screen on a sliding glass door that could not be taken off. Northridge Screen Service came and put it in place. It is a 5-foot screen door. I took a couple of other small screens down to the shop. They screened those with the cat protection or pet protection material that they have. It's a little stronger than regular. I took the two small window screens down to the shop. They did it that day. I dropped them off in the morning, I picked them up at night.

06/12/2013

Stephanie M.

What a pleasure it was to do business with this company. They showed up on time, friendly, fast, efficient and did a fantastic job. I wish all my home repairs were this easy! Highly recommend using them!

Description of Work
Repaired broken screen door and adjusted spring to close properly without slamming.

05/25/2013

John H J.

They were on time, did a through and professional job, and provided a quality product.

Description of Work
Replaced the screens and frames in seven windows.

05/21/2013

MYRON R.

They're phenominal. They came when they were supposed to. They are fast, honest and they don't try to replace anything that doesn't need it. I'm very pleased with them.

Description of Work
I used them recently but I also used them about 30 years ago so they've been around for a while.

Home 2 Renovate, Inc.

Home 2 Renovate, Inc. has been a family and friend owned and operated home improvement company since 1992 and is licensed, bonded and insured. We specialize in all types of roofing, exterior paint/stucco/coatings/sidings, windows & doors, whole house insulation, patio covers/sunrooms and gutters. We are a Better Business Bureau accredited company with a A+ rating, a League of California Homeowners member, National Association of the Remodeling Industry member. We are top rated on Better Business Bureau, HomeAdvisor, Angi, Thumbtack, Networx, Houzz, Modernize, Google and we are ranked as one of the Top 500 contractors in the nation with Qualified Remodeler Magazine. We believe that communication is the cornerstone of a good homeowner/contractor relationship. Call today and schedule a free quote good for a year with a product specialist.

Offers by Home 2 Renovate, Inc. on Angi
    The Blind Spot

Serving greater Los Angeles for over 35 years, and earning OVER 200 FIVE STAR REVIEWS and a 4.8 STAR RATING on HomeAdvisor, The Blind Spot is a premier blind, shutter and drapery, repair, sales and installation company. Though humbly named, The Blind Spot can design and execute even the most elaborate of drapery design, solve difficult applications, and provide unparalleled service. We also understand that sometimes just a bit of TLC is needed and that is why we are happy to offer REPAIRS at an exceedingly inexpensive price point. We are very proud of our prompt, professional service, and hope you will allow us to be a part of your design team.

ZEN BUILDERS & CONSULTANTS, INC.

Our company specialized in all kinds of construction projects. ADU building, Repairs, Remodeling, and other jobs: Concrete Pouring and Repair, Decks and Porches, Drywall, Electrical, Hardwood/laminate/vinyl flooring Installations, Framing, Plumbing, General Remodeling, Roofing, Siding, Water and Fire Damage, Deck Maintenance, Garage and Shed Building, Kitchen and Bath Remodeling, Exterior Painting, Interior Painting, Doors and windows installation, Demolition, Basement Remodeling, and others ........ We always consider the opinion of our customers and negotiate the price. Also, we have 25 years of experience in the field of construction and repairs.

Check, Visa, MasterCard

New screens custom fit, re-screening, doors & windows, patio panels, parts, aluminum, fiberglass, glassin, custom wood screen doors, sliding doors self closers & screens

Glass Replacement.