MB Heating and Air

California: Contractors
05/31/2024

8352 Wystone Ave

Northridge, CA 91324

MB Heating and Air offers air conditioning and heating repairs and installation for southern California with over 20+ years of experience. We believe in fair and honest pricing and want to build a long-term relationship with each customer. We offer friendly, professional HVAC services for San Fernando Valley, Orange county, Los Angeles county and Ventura county....

HVAC Companies (48)air duct cleaning (5)

01/20/2022

Susan L.

I cannot say enough about Mark and his crew. They were STELLAR in every regard. Mark was in constant communication whenever we had a question; he took the time to explain all options, and installed heating/AC ducts throughout the house in only a few days. He was super COVID safe, and had fantastic sub-contractors ( electricity etc). I would 100 % recommend MB Heating & Air.

Description of Work
HVAC installation

Work Completed On 01/19/2022

12/16/2021

Taylor H.

After their first visit in our new home, I'm having them come every 6 months forever. We got an assessment from a home depot affiliate claiming we needed to spend $15k to replace our entire system. These guys came to give us a 2nd opinion, found the route of the problem, and fixed it without destroying our bank account. If you want someone who is looking to make long term relationships + really tell you what you do / don't need vs. gouge you, you've found them.

Description of Work
HVAC Service

Work Completed On 12/06/2021

08/18/2021

George R.

Highly recommend MB Heating & Air. They did a fantastic job installing everything at our house in Pasadena. Mark came out the day after we called him and we discussed the best setup for our house. Then he knocked it all out in just a few days. He and his crew were professional throughout and did a great job at a great price. Can't really ask for more than that.

Description of Work
HVAC

Work Completed On 08/09/2021

06/11/2021

Brad M.

My wife and I cannot say enough good things about Mark and his company (MB Heating & Air). After calling a multitude of HVAC technicians, we finally found Mark to be an expert we could trust to do a great job for us. He's not only honest, but really seemed to care about resolving all of our HVAC issues. He patiently took the time to answer all our questions and address all our concerns. We've found that this is a rare attribute in this particular field. Mark and Landon showed up on time and did a thorough job with our system's maintenance and repairs with helpful suggestions for preventing issues from returning. Throughout the process, Mark thoughtfully kept us updated and in the loop. He's an excellent communicator - another refreshing and rare trait in our experience. We're thrilled to have found an HVAC tech we can rely on to do the job right and at a fair price. If you're looking for that yourself, Mark's your guy! Brad & Susan Miller

Description of Work
HVAC Maintenance & Repairs

Work Completed On 06/11/2021

02/18/2021

Richard A.

The time had come to install a new HVAC unit since the existing one was ancient and had broken down during the holidays (Christmas 2020). Mark Benner of MB Heating and Air was one of three contractors that I scheduled a free estimate with. I literally knew after our visit that Mark would probably be the one I would go with because of his demeanor and professionalism. He was helpful, understanding, prescribed options, competitively prices, and described the process completely. He lived up on all counts as did his wonderful and courteous crew (Ramon, Tim, and Ricky). Several of my neighbors had come by and commented how clean they were when removing the old unit and leaving the yard completely untouched or damaged. The interior of the house was equally well protected and covered to protect against dust and debris that would come out during the removal of the old duct work. I could go on and on about their professional and caring manner in our home but I will end with this, I will not have to call the other two contractors for future work or yearly service calls - Mark has that position solidly rooted.

Description of Work
Install of a HVAC unit on roof

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 02/17/2021

01/27/2021

Laurie G.

There's a reason Mark and his team have won top awards in excellence from Angie's List four years running. He was the first to respond to my emergency request, kept me informed of his ETA, and arrived within hours of my initial contact. Mark was friendly, knowledgeable, and professional in every aspect. He honestly explained the situation with my particular unit and how it differed from the standard. In other words, there was nothing wrong with it. He didn't take advantage of my issue as the previous repairman had done. And even though he carved out time to accommodate my "emergency," he did not charge a thing for his time time and effort. I'll never call anyone else, and will refer him to friends and family!

Description of Work
I needed troubleshooting on my furnace.

Work Completed On 01/26/2021

12/15/2020

Paul P.

They did a great job. We have good communication. They were professional.

Description of Work
They installed common wire a nest thermostat. They did a maintenance on my furnace.

Work Completed On 11/30/2020

12/10/2020

David M.

Awesome! Mark Benner and his team (Landon & Ramon) were great. I would hire them again in a heartbeat. Here's why: I have had issues with hearing in the lower floor of my home for some time. I had another company who was very professional and good assess it. They recommended to replace the entire unit (~$7K) as I understand many companies do. They also indicated they could change my compressor and filter dryer, but not the reversing valve, for ~$5K. Mark quoted a fix of all the above AND changing the reversing valve for $2900 out the door. Moreover, he wasn't satisfied with the new reversing valve that he installed, so he drove several hours to pick up another from a different vendor and installed that one. He wasn't going to quit until he was satisfied that the problem was solved. Incidentally, the 2nd reversing valve was a game changer and was the ultimate solution. This owner and his company are incredible. As a President of an HOA, I'm going to recommend this company to my property manager. 1st class company intent on solving problems with a commitment to customer service. A+++

Description of Work
I needed a new reversing valve, compressor, and filter dryer for an R-22 unit made by Carrier Corporation

Work Completed On 12/09/2020

11/15/2020

Todd K.

Excellent work done on a weekend day, the only time I'm free. Mark correctly recommended the best furnace for my needs and gave me a fair flat price for everything. Crew members, Ricky and Ramon, arrived on time, were courteous, cooperative, skilled, and knowledgeably answered my questions. In one day, they removed my old and broken twenty-something-year-old central gas furnace, insulation, and thermostat and replaced them with a shiny new furnace, new insulation, and new return air duct (My old furnace was sucking cold air from under the house and using more energy). Even the duct seals were done in a way it would be hidden. I already had bought my own Nest thermostat, so Ramon installed it and helped me program it. Why did I put this off for so long? I am very satisfied with their work.

Description of Work
Installation of new gas furnace, new return air duct, and thermostat.

Work Completed On 11/14/2020

08/16/2020

Gena B.

Mark was a God send. My AC went out last night and it was very uncomfortable because of the high temps outside My home temperature is now back to normal. I am so grateful he came within five hours after calling him. He fix my problem ASAP. I highly recommend MB Heating & Air. Thank you soooooooooo very much, Mark

Description of Work
Mark replaced two Capacitors

Category

Work Completed On 08/16/2020

Hvac installation and repair, maintanence ,Uv lights , steam humidifiers And filltration upgrades

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal