Goldin Construction

Founded 1996 • With Angi since March 2011

17354 Knapp St

Northridge, CA 91325

We specialize in Residential remodeling, and additions. we can handle all building aspects int/ext. No job is too small or big.

09/23/2020

Ian R.

The experience was great from my first phone call to the time that I collected the box. The quality of the product is great and exactly what I wanted and anticipated. There were no delays or surprises. It was a perfect experience. Hire this man!

Description of Work
He made a wooden box for my home entertainment system

Category custom cabinets

05/17/2020

Virginia J.

Superb workmanship, communication, and thoroughness in identifying issues secondary to termite damage. Have used Goldin Construction for multiple needs including cement floor of garage, cement repair of city sidewalk, sewer plumbing out to street, and now extensive termite damage of 2 windows and associated house wall and painting, replacement of rock/stone patio seats that had to be taken out. Tells you what needs to be done and what is optional so you can make an informed decision. Most important is our trust in each other. Thank you Goldin Construction! I never have to worry!

Description of Work
termite damage repairs and replacement of wall and windows

Category concrete repair, drywall, egress windows, picture framing, insulation, masonry, plastering, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

[Member Name Removed], As always it's a pleasure working with you guys.. Thank you and stay safe during these difficult times.

05/14/2020

David G.

We are very happy with the overall quality and professionalism of the work. We had Goldin Construction put a new roof on 2 Gazebos and our 2 Story home. We reused as many tiles as possible, and Shawn went out of his way to find the correct tiles to fill in and replace anything that was broken. We had a lot of broken tiles. It's rained quite a bit and no leaks at all, so we are very happy with the results. The roof looks great from the street also, all the tiles are matched.

Description of Work
New Roof on 2 Story House and 2 Gazebos

Category roofing, siding, garage builders, home builders

04/24/2020

Karen F.

custom wood shelves pull out

Description of Work
Albert Hands down is the nicest business man I’ve ever dealt with. He’s the Very Best at what he does which in my case was installed 4 pull out shelves in my kitchen cabinets. I can’t say enough nice things about Albert Goldin who is the General Manager. Albert is fair and reasonable. Give his company a chance and you will be extremely pleased as I am. He maybe will be coming back g to help me build a wooden fence in my backyard too. I’m handicapped and very sick with stage 4 lymphoma and he is patient & understanding. Thanks again Albert & Gelson - Karen Fowler

Category custom cabinets

05/13/2019

Oy Y.

The hardest part of doing home repair is finding a trustworthy and reliable contractor. Shawn is the best. He's honest, knowledgeable, professional and does quality work that's up to code. I especially appreciate how quick and easy it was to communicate with him. He was recommended to me by a structural engineer to do a structural repair on a house we had just purchased. As work progressed, he discovered many other problems that were missed on the home inspection. Luckily, Shawn does everything. I feel confident that all the issues were resolved, and he's given us the peace of mind that the house is safe. It was a real pleasure working with Shawn. He has a great staff and their work is incredibly neat and clean. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Structural, electrical, plumbing, drywall, painting, earthquake retrofit, concrete, insulation

Category concrete repair, drywall, electrician, fencing, picture framing, insulation, plumbing, remodeling, water heater repair, interior painters, foundation repair, earthquake retrofitting

03/28/2017

Stanley R.

Everything went fantastic . Albert is a craftsman. Very easy to work with. I would recommend him to everyone and I will use him again.

Description of Work
Walk in closet , large built in bookcase, end tables, TV and stereo furniture .

Category woodworking

12/18/2015

Mariah H.

Shawn appears to be honest, friendly, and to the point. He even gave me a proper written estimate for all the services that I asked about and was on top of communication. Pricing is fair. This put him on the top of my list of all of the contractors that I interviewed. I would not hesitate to hire Shawn in the future and he will be the first person that I call. Thank you!

Description of Work
Shawn came to give estimates

11/23/2015

Eleanor S.

Shawn is fantastic: professional, clear, reliable and easy to work with. My jobs were all difficult and required not only skill to execute but experience and creativity to figure out what to do in the first place. The work was all done completely to spec, on time and with the work area respected...everything prepared and cleaned properly. I called Shawn back a week ago to have him estimate a kitchen remodel. I'm looking forward to working with him again. He is the best.

Description of Work
Shawn Goldin did a variety of projects: cleaned out rotten wood where the deck leaked (not an easy job) and where an old door was left, installed three new outside doors and one inside door, installed custom canvas window awnings, repaired stucco, redid three floors of wooden stairs to prepare for glass railings.

04/16/2015

Betty B.

Description of Work
Installation of range hood, outlet in garage, recessed lights in a closet and some painting.

Category concrete repair, fencing, hardwood floor, interior painters

11/27/2013

Carole S.

Albert was very professional, punctual, well organized, highly experienced and congenial. I decided not to completely tear out my existing kitchen cabinets, but to upgrade and modernize them, as well as add one lower kitchen cabinet, built in the same style as my existing cabinets. Albert came over and took the measurements for everything, then went back to his shop and a few weeks later showed up with all the items and installed them, assisted by two young men. I needed a tile installer to install tile on the new kitchen cabinet to match up with my existing tile and he referred me to an associate from DRS Tile & Marble, Roni Sarusi, who also did an excellent job. While somewhat expensive, it was totally worth it as remolding without tearing out everything only cost me only a fraction of all new cabinets - plus my cabinets are solid wood and look great! With the money I saved, I bought a new refrigerator and dish washer.

Description of Work
Built one new lower kitchen cabinet with 3 drawers (paint grade), built and installed four pull out shelves for existing kitchen cabinets, built and installed one new trash drawer, built and installed one open cabinet above refrigerator (paint grade).

Category contractors, woodworking

11/21/2013

Wendi Y.

The project went very well. Shawn was very professional. He got the door finished in a timely manner with minimum disruption. He took a standard pocket door with wood jamb, and created a beautiful drywall-finished arch doorway. We are very happy and would definitely use Shawn for other projects.

Description of Work
Created an arched door from a narrow old pocket door.

Category drywall, woodworking

07/06/2013

Patricia J.

I had used Goldin Construction several years ago to enclose a front balcony and was very satisfied with the results. When my patio cover needed replacement because of dry-rot and termites I contacted Goldin Construction. Mr. Goldin worked with me on design and construction materials as I had specific ideas on how I wanted the patio to look. The project was very professional and I was more than pleased with the quality.

Description of Work
Replaced a patio cover

Category sunrooms

07/06/2013

Patricia J.

I had used Goldin Construction in the past to enclose the front balcony. I was very pleased with the results. When my patio cover needed to be repaired because of dry-rot and termites I called Goldin Construction. Mr. Goldin worked with me on the design and materials to be used as I had specific thoughts on how I wanted it to look. The work was very professional. I am very happy with my new patio cover.

Description of Work
Replaced patio cover

Category interior painters, sunrooms

05/13/2013

SANDRA G.

We got the name of Goldin Construction from Angie's List. The owner, Shawn Goldin, promptly returned my call and made an appointment to come out for an estimate. Though it was not a huge project, Shawn spent considerable time looking over it, taking measurements, climbing a ladder to see it from above, asking questions, pointing out some other things we hadn't noticed. He listened to what we wanted, made suggestions for materials and ways to work with the current wood structure, which was sound but had been enlarged and repaired piecemeal over the years. He subsequently e-mailed me a detailed estimate, covering the removal and replacement of materials and hauling away the debris. We hired him because of the thoroughness of the estimating process, and the fact that he answers calls and e-mails. Even when it looked like we would have to postpone the work due to an unseasonable rainstorm, he did not leave us hanging. He both e-mailed and phoned about the delay and then the re-schedule. He arrived early in the morning with two workmen. They spent some time discussing what was to be done and how to do it. Then the two men went to work while Shawn brought the materials. The men worked steadily all day, breaking only for lunch. As a result of the proper planning and the excellent workers the job was done in one day. Shawn stayed late to re-attach some small shelves and things that had to be removed for the post replacement. He did a final sweep-up and removed the last of the debris. When I paid him he shook my hand and thanked me for using his company. We are very pleased with the results. What had previously looked cobbled together now looks very pulled-together. Though some changes had to be made in the original plan to compensate for the old structure we were not charged extra. He listened and asked and the level of communication made for a smooth and successful project. We would definitely hire them again and refer them to others.

Description of Work
High winds tore some of the fiberglass panels off our patio cover. Others had cracks or holes and flapped in the wind. We decided to replace the whole covering - 34' worth - as well as two of the 4”x4” support posts that were rotting at the base.

Category decks

02/13/2013

Betty B.

When there was a problem with the hood, he contacted the company ....problem resolved.

Description of Work
Shawn installed a new range hood as well as added electrical outlet for my garage. Had to cut through the kitchen ceiling and the roof. Also installed recessed lights for a closet being remodeled. I was impressed with his professionalism and speed of the work. Cleaned up each time and left NO MESS as opposed to other workmen that I have encountered. Would highly recommend him to anyone.

Category electrician, lighting, woodworking, interior painters

02/11/2013

Daniel F.

Excellent. Gave detailed estimate and price breakdown. Arrived on time. Cleaned up each night before leaving. Very reliable and easy to work with. High quality of work. This was the second time we had Shawn and his crew do remodeling work for us. Would definitely call him back for future jobs and would recommend to a friend.

Description of Work
Remodeled a bedroom - removed wallpaper, cottage cheese ceiling, and old built-in shelves. Plastered ceiling to smooth finish, patched drywall, sanded/re-textured walls, repainted room and closet. Removed old window sill and installed new wood shutter window treatment.

Category drywall, electrician, plastering, wallpaper removal, window treatments, woodworking, interior painters

01/15/2013

CATHRYN T.

See above. The year the home was built is a required field. I do not have this information (it is a home owned by a client) so I am guessing around 1945.

Description of Work
Shawn's workcrew performed an interior painting job for my client, in conjunction with a minor kitchen remodel. They had to sand and repaint/touch-up some cabinets and new wood trim on the cabinets, which was somewhat tricky, as well as paint walls, trim and ceiling. Shawn and his crew were a pleasure to work with, very responsive, very professional, very thorough, very meticulous. I would work with him again without hesitation, and hope to do so very soon. My client was very pleased with the job they did.

01/15/2013

Mark S.

From my first estimate to the final completion my experience was wonderful. All workers showed up when promised and cleaned up when finished on a daily basis. The quality of the work was first class all the way and no item big or small was overlooked. Shawn is a pleasure to deal with and there were no surprises from start to finish. Always courteous with a smile as well. I will not hesitate to use Goldin Construction again or refer them to people I know.

Description of Work
I was in need of a kitchen renovation. As I had used Goldin Construction before and was satisfied with the result I felt confident that Shawn the owner of the company could repair and rebuild my kitchen including, cabinets, floor, plumbing and electrical.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, glass repair, insulation, remodeling, drain pipe, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing

12/19/2012

Geraldine B.

This experience was unprofessional. I am still looking for someon to do my concrete.

Description of Work
Shawn Golden came out to my house promising an invoice which never received. Tech Home Improvment 888-240-1696, no answer left message/ret call. All Star Fences, Concrete 818-768-7827 no response. Nexus Remodeling 818-353-7868- no response.

Category home builders

Dear Member, I would like to apologize for not getting back to you with an estimate for the work we have discussed. Typicly before the holidays we get super busy, and have to accomadate all of our current clients, and promises. Though that is not a reason to take such a long time for submitting an estimate. I am not sure if you are still in the market for a contractor, but if you are , i would be happy to work on the proposal for you, and also will extend a 10% Discount as an apology. please let me know. Thanks Shawn Goldin President. Goldin Construction.

12/12/2012

:Laura S.

Shawn, the owner of the company is very hardworking, trustworthy and conscientious. The quality of the work was very good and we would highly recommend and use him again. In general the job went smoothly. Issues with cabinets were resolved. We are very particular and expect quality work. Shawn is quality in every way. You will not be disappointed. FYI We were referred to him by our neighbor. He added an entire guest suite above the garage, extended the kitchen into the outdoor atrium and enclosed it. The project was seamless. A real quality job

Description of Work
Master Bath and Guest Bath Remodel Totally gutted both bathrooms. Built and installed new cabinets, glass shower doors, new fixtures, and mirrors. Installed all new lighting and exhaust fans in both bathrooms. Worked with marble and granite fabricators to coordinate installation with his schedule.

Category custom cabinets, drywall, glass repair, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

11/27/2012

Terence P.

Shawn's price was fair and in-line with two other estimates I got in both parts and labor. However, he was the most responsive by email and telephone and always arrived on time, even after the job got underway. He was also the most confident in being able to have the right crew to get the job done and on time. Some other contractors I contacted gave me a lot of negativity when they saw the size of my front door and the ability to replace it with the material I chose (it's a 96x36" door with a doorway and side window and we wanted a fiberglass door to replace the damaged wood version). He was very patient with my endless questions and helpful choosing materials.

Description of Work
Shawn and his team replaced my damaged custom sized front door, painted it and the surrounding frame, repaired and painted a set of french doors that my previous contractor left unfinished and had some water damage, and installed a new set of rain gutters to help prevent future damage to the front door.

Category drain pipe, house painters, doors

11/19/2012

Kathleen R.

Shawn originally had bid on a much larger job that included improvements on the garage in addition to the interior work. My finances dictated that I make the interior work a priority and put off the garage until a later date. Despite my having minimized the scope of the work, Shawn was responsive and communicative throughout the process from beginning to end. He and his sub-contractors have the highest work ethic and are professional craftsman. After years of having acted as my own general contractor, it was a relief and a pleasure to have Shawn in my corner. I look forward to working with him in the future and will recommend Goldin Construction to anyone looking for amazing customer service and craftsmanship.

Description of Work
Rebuilt kitchen drawers and installed slides in 2 kitchens, installed 2 tankless water heaters, installed 2 exterior lights, installed 3 celing fans, various maintenance.

Category custom cabinets, electrician, lighting, plumbing, water heater repair, ceiling fans

09/20/2012

Daniel F.

Very pleased with the entire experience. Shawn provided a detailed contract breakdown of steps and progress payments. He and his crew showed up when promised, kept us apprised of status via email, and performed exactly to the agreed upon contract. He managed his subcontractors closely and completed all tasks as promised. He and his crew were very respectful of our home and tried to minimize their impact on the rest of the house. Each night they spent time vacuuming and making sure the construction area was as clean as possible. I was particularly impressed by his attention to detail and his helpful suggestions on everything from paint colors to molding types. I appreciated having Shawn as a single point contact with the ability to handle and coordinate all the tasks involved - drywall, plastering, painting, electrical, window coverings, doors, locksets, and bathroom fixtures. We have more rooms to remodel and will definitely be calling Shawn back to handle those. Based on my recent personal experience, I strongly recommend Shawn and Goldin Construction without hesitation for any home remodeling project.

Description of Work
Remodeled 2 bedrooms and one bathroom. Removed wallpaper, cottage cheese ceilings and built-in bookshelves. Replastered ceilings, sanded and re-textured walls, repainted bedrooms, installed wood shutters in bedrooms and repainted bathroom. Installed new door in one bedroom. Installed a new glass shower door, bathroom fan and new electrical receptacles and switches in all rooms.

Category drywall, electrician, plastering, remodeling, wallpaper removal, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

09/10/2012

William E.

Estimates were sent via e-mail, revised in great detail as we met and made changes. He traveled with me to shop for options on fixtures, tile, etc. We agreed to a start-date and end-date, he kept to schedule. I was pleased that he kept the dust and mess out of the rest of the house, we did a fairly extensive remodeling. As the work progressed I watched his people working very hard and taking great pride in details, hot mopping of shower, cement work, tile, installation of wall mirrors, and they left the work area tidy and vaccummed up each day. I already have recommended Shawn Goldin to two of my best old friends, I got his reference from a friend of a friend. He is a pleasant joyful person to let into your life and deliver quality work.

Description of Work
Re-constructed handsome fence and gate damaged after big winds in Dec, 2011. Gutted existing bathroom for remodeling. Performed all work with city permit to codes. New plumbing, electric, handsome custom craftsman moldings, tile work done with tender attention to details. He and his people are pros, prompt, clean, hard workers even during heat wave. I particularly liked the way he exceeded my expectations on an old second bath re-do, he insisted the work be top-grade, and he kept the dust and mess out of the rest of the house.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, concrete repair, decks, drywall, electrician, fencing, picture framing, glass repair, hardwood floor, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, drain pipe, ceiling fans, marble & granite, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors, driveway gates