Ameriserve Repiping

Founded 1976 • With Angi since June 2006

4.1

16837 Parthenia St

Northridge, CA 91343

Established in 1979 - under the name Parkwest Plumbing - Ameriserve has grown to serve over tens of thousands of homes in California. After 28 years we are still the original Ameriserve and the most competitive copper repiping company in Southern California. Ameriserve is committed to being your lowest "qualified" bidder. Most repiping customers are pleasantly surprised to find Ameriserve is even "lower" than their handyman, given the materials we use, the wall patching, along with the timeliness of the project....

08/08/2018

Rachel S.

Service was great. We had a maintenance plan with them, They showed up on time very friendly and we have no complains

Description of Work
They did maintenance on my furnace

07/18/2017

Paul B.

They came in cut holes in required places put in the PEX piping, put down paper on floors plastic covered as much as possible, it is a dusty process but they kept it down to as little as possible, only hang-up was waiting for inspectors, they, the inspectors, told us that the job was very good. Once the inspectors signed off they repached the holes and finished the walls to match the existing.Our painter came in and said they did a very good job patching, which saved him a lot of time and us money We are happy campers, have no problem recommending them. Their estimate came in at 50% of the other repipering company.

Description of Work
Whole house repiping, 3700 sq ft home, plaster walls.

02/04/2017

Chuck S.

Complete repipe of our 2,200 sq ft house. Bob Park came out and gave us a very good price. His outstanding crew, Rick, Salvador and Jose did a great job. They were very clean and covered all the flooring and after installing the PEX, they patched all the holes. I highly recommend Ameriserve.

Description of Work
Complete repipe in PEX

05/04/2016

L B.

01/28/2015

George A.

Description of Work
Had horizontal repiping of water supply and drains.

01/14/2015

Rachel C.

Description of Work
Repiped my house, replacing old galvanized pipe with PEX.

05/08/2014

Jeffrey T.

They tore it apart. Water in my brand new cabinets, they left things a dirty mess, had dirty finger prints on everything, I threw them off the job, husband had to open up the walls again, pipes were loose, had to add more insulation, Ended up settling with owner.

Description of Work
Re-piped house

Category plumbing

Thank you for using Ameriserve to repipe your house. I wish we could have done even more than give your money back; we fell short of your expectations and I apologize.

03/29/2014

Steve G.

12/04/2013

JOHN M.

They were prompt and completed the job quickly. They stand by their warranty. Overall all quality of work could improve. Lots of debris was left in pipes and over the next several months I had to replace most of the faucets. Kind of a pain. Also, some work was not up to code. The came back out and fixed the problem without a hitch.

Description of Work
Re-Pipe

11/14/2013

Paul S.

Good to do business with

Description of Work
Repipe home

11/30/2012

Mark I.

I got an estimate from the company to repipe my house. I heard their ad on the radio and decided to get an estimate. The price was a lot higher than the other estimates I got. They might have come down in price if I bargained with them later. However, I did not feel as comfortable with this company as I did with the other companies I got estimates from. Also, it was interesting that other companies that I got estimates from did not think very highly of this company. They told me they wouldn't recommend going with this company, although they did say good things about their other competitors. Therefore, I ended up going with another company. They might be reliable and do good work, but I decided not to take the chance

Description of Work
I only got an estimate from the company. They did not perform any services

Category plumbing

Thank you for your interest in our company in 2012. It's great that you received other estimates which were lower than ours; that can sometimes happen, and we obviously are not awarded every repiping project. However, your situation appears to be unusual in that Ameriserve is often times, the lowest "bid." The reason why we can be the lowest and most QUALIFIED bid, is because the owner, Bob Park frequently gives the estimates, and is willing to be the lowest qualified bid in writing. It's unfortunate that you did not choose our company based on the comments of one or two plumbers. Most plumbers have a high regard for Ameriserve; in fact, we are recommended by more plumbers than any other in California to repipe their customer's homes. Many of these customers have been serviced by their plumbers for two decades or more, from San Diego to Palm Springs to Big Bear to San Jose, and all location in between. It is our genuine wish that you received a great repiping job for the low price you paid; again, thank you for considering Ameriserve.

05/02/2011

Carrie W.

They were great! We have a very complicated old craftsman house and we thought to upgrade to copper piping would be a fortune. They had a great quote and came in much cheaper then everyone else. They were on time and the crew was friendly and professional. They did little extra stuff like hooking up extra valves for a washer and dryer and installing new kitchen faucets we purchased without charging. When I buy my next propery and if I need to upgrade to copper piping I will use them again.

Description of Work
Changed out all metal piping for copper except for bathroom and kitchen that was already done in a previous re-model. Also came with a new water heater that they installed, replaced our main line and replaced outdated 3 head hot and cold shower valves to one unit.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Thank you for your positive comments, they are greatly appreciated. More importantly, thank you for trusting Ameriserve to repipe your home.

12/03/2010

Amy C.

At first I thought that the workers were a little unprofessional, but had done a great job. I have already left a report from right after they finished their work. However, I had several problems over the next few months that they had to come back and fix. While I was very unhappy with the fact that the installers had done a sub par job, I was very happy with the company's responsiveness to my calls. They fixed everything without complaint and even paid for electrical work which was needed because of a mistake by their installers. They kept wanting to send out the same people who had installed my pipes and made the mistakes, but I forced them to send out different people, which took a little longer to arrange. First, when the installers had fixed the holes in my walls I had expressed concern that the texture on the walls didn't look right. The installer told me that once I put paint over it, it would blend in. Well, it looked horrible, so I asked the company to re-do it. Once I got another crew out here, they re-did the job and it looks great now. Then, when the pipes were first installed, I didn't go into the attic to inspect the work because I am afraid of heights and I couldn't make the climb up a ladder to go into the attic. The city inspector had been up there, so I didn't think there would be any problems. A few months later I was working on my fears and went up into the attic the first time to take a look at something my air conditioning guy wanted to show me on my unit. While up there I noticed that my hot water pipes did not have any insulation on them, which they were supposed to have, and that the pipes were strapped directly to the wooden beams of my house, which they weren't supposed to be. When the sales person came to my house initially he explained to me that pipes in the attic would be much noisier than the ones underneath my house, so they installed insulation between the pipes and the wooden beams to reduce that noise. Also, insulation was supposed to go around the hot water pipes to keep the water hot as it traveled across the house. None of that was actually installed. I had noticed a lot of creaking and noise as my husband took a shower, but I thought that noise was normal. It turns out it was not normal. I called them again to come fix this and again they wanted to send out the same two bozos who had done the bad work. It took a little longer to send someone else out, but I forced them to send someone else. They took one look at the work and agreed that it was not properly done and spent a whole day fixing the mistakes. Now there is absolutely no noise when the water is being used. Finally, my last contact with this company had to do with electrical problems. My porch light had stopped working around the same time they had been doing the work on my house, but it was an old fixture and I just didn't relate the two events. I finally decided to stop being lazy and to get the light fixed. I bought a new fixture, but the new one still didn't work, so I had to call an electrician. It turns out that a wire was cut in an inaccessible wall in my kitchen. It was the very wall that had been opened up by the re-piping guys when they installed the pipes for my kitchen sink. After they fixed the wiring, I called Ameriserve just to tell them what had happened, not expecting to be able to actually receive any recompense. They were actually very nice about the whole thing and had me send them copies of my electrical receipts and within a week I had a check from Ameriserve covering the entire cost of my electrical repairs. So, while I am very unhappy with the installers who came out to my house and I wish they had more supervision, I am very happy with the response of the company. They do provide a great warranty with their work, but I expected them to do a lot more complaining about my repeated calls. However, they came out every time to make things right even though they didn't get a single cent more out of me. I give a lot of thanks to that poor receptionist who had to listen to me over and over again on the phone. Thank you for making things right!

Description of Work
Re-piped my house in January and then had to come back several times to fix problems with the work.

Category plumbing

Thank you for trusting our company to repipe your home. We apologize for not performing to the high expectations you had for our company. I offer no excuses for the original crew; however, we did have a conversation a few years after the original installation, and the customer did agree that we have been reliable insofar as responding to the complaints and rectifying any shortcomings of the repipe for several years now. The customer did agree to upgrade our grade here, but with her busy schedule and raising young children, it's completely understandable that she hasn't posted an upgrade here on Angie's List. I want to reiterate, this is a satisfied customer, and agrees that Ameriserve is better than most contractors, because we respond to any callbacks and do so right away, and have been servicing California since 1976.

06/18/2010

ANNA P.

My husband and I were extremely satisfied with to replace our homes 1956 galvanized pipes. The estimator was thorough, fair, and very professional. There was no hard sell. Ameriserve was our first estimate, and we could really see the difference. The work date was set to our convenience. The crew showed up on time, worked hard all day, and were polite. When the work was completed two days, our residence was left clean. The whole experience was positive.

Description of Work
Amerierve took out our old, rusty galvanized water pipes and installed new copper pipes.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

11/30/2009

Elyse H.

They arrived on time and got the job done in two days (on day interior, one day exterior). Equipment broke down and there was no back up other than the broken backs of the laborers.

Description of Work
I had requested "ALL" plumbing/piping, interior and exterior be replaced (and used those words). Not knowing anything about plumbing I relied on BOB the owner/salesman to provide and integrate all work necessary in the contract. BOB should be a used car salesman. Bottom line: (a) Overpriced; (b) Although the work listed in the contract was done, Bob (owner/sales) listed the bare minimum on the contract and took advantage of someone that did not know the in’s and out’s of what plumbing a house entails. The primary goal was to replace drainage from the house to the sewer due to root problems. I added the copper piping to get all the plumbing done at once. 1. TRENCHLESS PIPE REPLACEMENT EQUIPMENT BROKE DOWN at the beginning of the job and the entire exterior area had to be hand dug (approx. 80 ft of sand and roots). 2. SEWER LINE (from the house to city sewer) was only partially done. There were two areas of my home that necessitated connection to the sewer line, and only one was done (master bath only). The second line which handles the majority of the waste- water (kitchen, laundry, bathroom) were not done. 3. DRAINAGE PIPES (water leaving the house to the sewer line) WERE NOT DONE AT ALL. I have since had to pay thousands of dollars more to have that replaced! 4. PRESSURE GAUGE was not installed even though the water pressure in my home is high. 5. COPPER RE-PIPING (which I now know consists of INCOMING water pipes ONLY) -adequate. 6. LEAK: water main coming into the house sprung a leak and BOB tried to place the blame on me as the homeowner (but they did adhere to their guarantee and did not charge me for the repair).

Category plumbing

Thank you for trusting Ameriserve to take care of your plumbing systems, and expressing positive comments about us. It is our mission to leave each and every customer glad that they used Ameriserve. Thanks again.

04/14/2009

Raza A.

The whole department was very good with customer service. They spoke well and explained their work method. They call back promptly. They answer phone calls and questions. The workmen were extremely polite and efficient. I am very pleased with the quality of the work they did. They did a very good job. They left the house the exact same way it was when they arrived. There was no debris and it was very clean. They were very quick. It was very painless considering the amount of worok that was done. The experience was excellent. I'm happy I used them and I would recommend them.

Description of Work
They are a re piping company. They re piped my condo.

Category remodeling

Thank you so much for your positive comments about Ameriserve, and choosing Ameriserve to repipe your condominium. We are very much committed to doing the vey best repiping in California. Thanks again.

07/30/2008

MARIA C.

They are very professional and on time. They left on time as scheduled. I would use them again in the future and recommend them to others.

Description of Work
They came to re-pipe the whole house.

Category plumbing

Thank you for selecting Ameriserve to repipe your house. We know that it's not an easy decision, because you pretty much just have to go on the word of the estimator and/or whatever evidence you may discover from neighbors who may have used Ameriserve, or on the internet. Thank you for trusting Ameriserve, and we are elated that you got what you bargained for, and hopefully more.

04/22/2008

Marilyn S.

They gave me a lifetime guarantee. The piping they did was very good. They were not very careful with their solder so there was a lot of cleanup for me to do afterwards.

Description of Work
They did copper re-piping throughout my home and added a line to my fridge so I could have an ice maker.

03/01/2007

Jim W.

It went okay, but took too long - four days of actual work, three+ days trying to get plumbing inspected. Still waiting for final inspection.

Description of Work
Complete copper repipe.

Category plumbing

Thank you so much for choosing Ameriserve to repipe your house. I am very sorry to hear that it took so long to repipe your house; it is unusual, considering that it was just a 3 bathroom house. I can assure anyone reading this post that a crew who takes that long to repipe a 3 bathroom house is most likely either gotten faster at their craft, or gone from our company. As far as the final inspection goes, we have no control over the Inspectors, who are essentially city employees. Again, thank you for awarding Ameriserve with the repiping project of your home and for your very honest and candid assessment of our performance.

07/03/2006

MICHAEL P.

Bob, the owner/salesman was friendly and seemed to know what he was talking about. He did not return my calls while the workers were at the house. The repiping job foreman and the team were not very professional. While the foreman seemed experienced, it was obvious that several of the guys had no idea what they were doing. And while the foreman knew the technical aspects of the repiping, he really didn't have any management skills. This was evidenced by his continued work at 7pm on a Friday night while two of his crew were outside on the driveway talking on their cellphones. As they were not making sufficient progress, I had to repeatedly ask them to leave. The real hidden gems here were the finishers. These were the guys that repaired the holes in the walls, etc. They were outstanding on all levels. They were friendly and professional, and their work was excellent.

Description of Work
Repipe the house with copper piping.

06/09/2006

TRACY R.

Be warned! I never had confidence in this company. Three people from the office lied to me, Bob the owner, Jeremy his son-in-lawnd Stacy. Much of of what they say they will do in their brochure does not get done. I was told I would get a certain water heater with a 10 year warranty, but they installed a cheap heater with a 6 year warranty. I did not agree to this, and the plumbers uninstalled it. This set them back about a day. Jeremy was extremely rude to me and my wife. The plumber showed up with two day workers from the local home improvement store. This is a ''blow and go'' type company. It was a headache the entire time. I would recommend Masterserve Repiping, (the other company I had a quote from). It was a little more pricey, but thorough.

Description of Work
From the contract - The existing galvanized water piping system was replaced of the house with new type 'L' hard copper piping to the following: 60 ft. of 1'' main supply, tub and shower valves with Symmons temperature balancing valves, toilets, sinks, kitchen sink, wahser, water heater, softener, and hose bibbs. Insulation of hot water pipes and patching of holes was included.

Category plumbing

I personally apologize for any and all misunderstandings which we had regarding your repiping project. There are a few discrepancies to the complaint however, which I would like to clarify here: no "cheap" water heaters are ever used by our company; the water heaters we purchase come from plumbing wholesale supply houses, such as Ferguson, Express, Hughes, Hajoca and the like. They would be American, Rheem or any equal brand. No Day workers have EVER been used by our company... EVER. Most of Ameriserve's employees have been working for us over 10 years; we are especially proud of their level of experience and attentiveness to detail in their craft. I can't interpret what the customer deems as "extremely rude" insofar as the behavior of our employees goes, and again I do apologize if their behavior was anything other than polite, courteous and professional. I am glad however, that you did ultimately get the repiping project completed, which was the essence and main point of using Ameriserve after all. I imagine your new pipes and even the water heater must be in good working order, since we have not heard back from you for several years now. I hope all is well and remember, your pipes come with a Lifetime Guarantee.