Woody's Termite Control

10358 Riverside Dr Apt A

North Hollywood, CA 91602

03/19/2015

Mary L.

Description of Work
Woody's performed the termite inspection on our home when we purchased it last year. We just found termites in the tree out front that has been dying since we purchased - yikes! When I contacted them they informed me that trees weren't their problem and they didn't know what I should do from there, but good luck. Seems to me the issue should have been handled when they did their inspection - the tree is literally six feet from the house and was clearly in distress.

Category pest control

03/19/15 - [Member Name Removed] Response First off, I would like to apologize for not responding sooner, we had not been aware of your review on Angies list. Most of our referrals are through word of mouth. Unfortunately, trees and fences are not part of a "Wood destroying pests and organisms inspection report" per industry standards. It is my understanding that the banks will appropriate loans for the home/living structures only at that time. Furthermore, we are not licensed for anything other than the structure and in this situation we would recommend that an arborist be contracted for further remediation with differing chemicals that are safe for the tree's. This would be outside the scope of a termite company and beyond our expertise. We are not a party to the escrow transaction and any and all decisions are made between the buyer and seller, not the termite company. We would greatly appreciate a revision on the grade given to our company on Angies list in light of this information. Thank you. Best, Mark Aldrich / Larry Greene Woody's Termite Control LLC. (818) 769-7070

01/13/2014

JACQUELINE S.

See above

Description of Work
Was hired by my Realtor for the termite inspection for my house. I am surprised that the company who performs the inspection gets to do the work. It is tied up in escrow. The home owner is the loser. Seems they came to my house and saw "PayDay". I had some dry rot that needed addressing, but was forced into tenting the whole house. I have inspections yearly, so I know i did not have subterranean termites, just possibly dry wood termites. It caused myself, my neighbors and the new buyers very much inconvenience and very much distress. Who wants to use poisons unless absolutely necessary? It is not even the cost that upsets me, its the way it affects so many innocent people. I like to point out how I, as a homeowner, was forced into this choice due to escrow. There was no time to have another company come out, and my realtor was not very helpful in the process. He was not helpful in many ways, but that would be another review.

Category pest control

01/13/14 - [Member Name Removed] Right away, I would like to apologize for not responding sooner, we had not been aware of your review on Angies list. Most of our referrals are through word of mouth. We are sorry to hear that you feel you were taken advantage of, however, we would like to respond to your "Pay Day" comment. The pricing for fumigation is based upon the size/volume of the structure and we have found that our company on average is equal to and sometimes below others in pricing. The bigger the house the bigger price. The "Good Book" that we follow, issued by the state of California, Structural Pest Control Board rules and regulation, states that an "all encompassing method" be used to control Drywood termite infestations. Please note that on our original inspection report #201310308 dated : 12/13/13 we gave an option for a heat treatment on a portion of the home in the hopes of saving the sellers some costs on corrective work with the escrow. The decision for the fumigation was not ours, we are not a party to the escrow transaction and any and all decisions are made between the buyer and the seller, not the termite company. Furthermore, these chemicals used by us and all other termite companies are deemed safe when used properly and the benefits of their use out-weighs any detriment they may cause, as is recognized by our Environmental Protection Agency. Simply put, the recommendations given by our company's report would have been the same for any other company's report. The dry-rot that was noted on your home, which is a fungus infection caused by moisture, would not have been corrected by a fumigation. Fumigations are for the control of insects. Instead, wood repair to damage timbers would be the appropriate recommendation and a separate - wood working crew is used to correct this damage. Also, there was no mention of subterranean termites on our original inspection report - just to clarify. We hope that this clears up any confusion and we would also hope that you reconsider your evaluation of our company as we were just following rules laid out to us by the State of California and taking direction from your realtor. Once again, sorry for the delay and thanks for reviewing. Best regards, Mark Aldrich / Larry Greene Woody's Termite Control LLC. (818) 769-7070

10/22/2009

Katie H.

They showed up early and were very courteous. We just had hardwood floors put in and they were really careful not to scratch them. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
They did some termite termination. They did some door repair and replaced dry rot wood.

Hawx Pest Control

With locations nationwide, Hawx Pest Control is proud to provide top-of-the-line pest control to our customers. Offering both home pest control and commercial pest control services, we placed our core values right in our name so that we’ll never forget what drives us. Hawx stands for: Honesty Attitude Work Ethic Excitement

Gorilla Pest Control

WE NOW SUPPLY THE GOODNATURE A24 RAT TRAP FROM NEW ZEALAND! Go to YouTube and search Goodnature A24 rat trap. See for yourself how this revolutionary product works. It actually contributes to the well being of wildlife. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHdTJ8XaPzM&feature=emb_logo **POISON FREE EXTERIOR RAT CONTROL** CALL FOR DETAILS. ***NON-KILL ORGANIC GOPHER AND MOLE CONTROL*** ***WE NOW HAVE MOSQUITO CONTROL MAINTENANCE SERVICE!!! SAME METHOD AND MATERIALS AS USED AT DISNEYLAND. MAKE YOUR HOME THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH TOO!*** ****WE ALSO DO 100% ORGANIC TREATMENTS FOR BEDBUGS, WASPS, BEES AND GERMAN ROACHES**** We are a pest control company for residential and commercial properties. Call anytime, George usually answers after hours. Additional phone number 213.572.7504

Pacific Exterminator

Locally owned and operated, we are based in Ventura County. Pacific Exterminator was built out of a desire to better serve our local community after gaining experience from larger regional pest control companies. Our service area includes: Ventura, Santa Paula, Santa Clarita, Valencia, Castaic, Camarillo, Malibu, Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley, Agoura Hills & San Fernando Valley.