Porcelain & Fiberglass Maintenance

Founded 1955 • With Angi since December 2004

We have been in business since 1955, making us the oldest refinishing company in the nation. You can trust that our experience will offer you a level of professionalism and quality that is unsurpassed. Porcelain & Fiberglass Maintenance uses hi-tech coatings originally developed for the aerospace

bathtub refinishing

Bathtub Reglazing project

bathtub refinishing

Kitchen Countertop project

Kitchen Countertop

countertop installation

View project

bathtub refinishing (176)home remodeling (16)countertop installation (11)tile installation (6)

12/10/2021

Laurie K.

I'm very disappointed. The people who operate the phones seem very professional, but the end product is not what I expected. Originally I requested a quote for a condo we lived at to redo a shower top to bottom. They verbally quoted me a little under $500, which was in line with a quote I received from another company. We then moved, so I called to confirm the quote amount for a shower and ask about a sink. We ultimately decided to go ahead with a shower stall, a tub & enclosure, and a kitchen sink. When he came out the technician tells me the price is almost double what I was quoted for both the shower and the tub. I told him to go ahead since the price is the price. I also had him put in a non-slip coat on one shower because it is smooth and super slick (we have a water softener). After he was done, it all looked great, we were so happy. But then a few hours later we noticed some grit or rocks that were embedded in the sink, and it looks like he simply sprayed over the caulk, which will be a problem. A few days later the sink began peeling (one spot was due to a pan that must've still had a hot spot after I poured cold water on it). We also realized both the shower and tub had pinholes all over the grout lines. I called the company, and the person on the phone said the pinholes shouldn't happen, they'll send someone out to fix it. She also said they would fix the sink peeling. Before they came back out, I slipped and fell in the tub, since the non-slip coat was almost a foot away from the back of the tub. A few days later I realized about 3 inches of the coat near the drain were peeling open. I'd waited more than 48 hours before first use, so it was clearly an installation defect. They sent the same technician back out, who said they couldn't do anything about the pinholes. I asked him to fix the non-slip coat, which he said he originally made too small because most people prefer it that way (bull). He fixed the sink, but he scrubbed a large area to prep it and then only sprayed a very small spot with whatever they use. It's very obvious where it was fixed because the small spot shines and the couple inches around it look dull. I'd imagine that in fairly short order the rough patch will discolor. The tech left without fixing the non-slip coat. I called the office to ask about that, and they told me he did exactly what their policy is by applying the non-slip coat 1.5 inches from all sides and the drain. I told the man on the phone it was a foot away from the back, so clearly he didn't do what they always do. He then sent the technician back to fix it, who apologized and said he simply forgot. It ultimately looks pretty unprofessional since you can easily see the technician freehanded the coating. I also deeply regret the sink. It would've been more cost effective to simply replace it. Having to treat it with kid gloves isn't my idea of a usable sink, and the price of resurfacing is most of the cost of a new (durable) sink. The company seems nice and professional but there's a mismatch between what they say they do and what the technician actually does. I also wasn't particularly pleased about the price difference but if everything went smoothly I would've gotten over it. The quality of the end product is disappointing.

Description of Work
Tub, shower, and sink

Work Completed On 10/25/2021

04/13/2021

Sharron G.

Within 3-4 days it started cracking and peeling. They could not come back within 1 1/2 week. When they came back, they did the worst job. They did not clean the mess. I had to hire another plumber and had to pay additional $200. Right now, my sink is bumpy and gritty. It's worst that what it looks like before

Description of Work
Kitchen sink remodel/repair

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 04/08/2021

03/19/2021

Jalal Michael S.

They did a lousy job. We were not happy at all. I wanted them to fix the problem because I cannot use the shower. They told me they have 65 years of experience so I hired them. When I was about to go to shower there were bubbles on my feet. There were so much porcelain and it was overlapping. We did not noticed it because when it was done it was beautiful but after 24 hours we saw the defects.

Description of Work
They re-glazed 2 bathtubs.

Work Completed On 03/17/2021

We did put a lot of coating due to the previous material peeling and to ensure longevity. Thank you for the opportunity for us to come back out and reshoot both bathtubs. We are a family business and at the end of the day we want all of our clients to be happy.

07/16/2020

William E.

They did an excellent job! I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Fixing a chip in our Jacuzzi tub.

Work Completed On 07/06/2020

Thank you so much! Let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future. We appreciate your business!

06/11/2020

Binnie A.

Had to have them back to fix the rough surface feel. Lots of overspray. Bleed into my colored grout

Description of Work
Refinish sink

Work Completed On 06/01/2020

02/22/2020

Julie U.

Went well. Tub was refinished 2 years ago by this company and it looked really nice and clean. However, our tenant did not take care of it so it looked really ugly. Then our handyman painted the tub to make it look nice but an object fell into the tub and chipped his paint job. Since we liked the job Porcelain and Fiberglass Maintenance did 2 years ago, we called on them again. Again they did a marvelous job. Yes, we would hire them again...but we're hoping our new tenant will be more careful of the new finish.

Description of Work
bathtub stripping and refinishing

Work Completed On 01/24/2020

12/14/2019

Julie H.

The owner is an extortionist. I gave the person on the phone the information on the size and condition of the sink. The price they quoted was $270: $225 for refinishing and $45 to strip the prior glazing that was peeling. They called 4 times to reschedule, but I won't take point off for that. The tech arrived and began covering the counters and island. He stripped the prior finish, and was ready to spray. That's when the owner called. He demanded an extra $130 saying that our kitchen was larger than they expected and so had taken extra time. We said no - that they had to honor their quote. He said they assumed it was a "galley kitchen". We said that they had not asked the size of the kitchen, so they had no right to raise the price mid-stream. He threatened to pull the tech off the job. We offered him $30 extra, bringing the price to $300. He refused and demanded the $400 or they would leave. We told him to leave and they did. The received $0 dollars. Please DO NOT hire these people!!!

Description of Work
Reglaze Kitchen Sink

Work Completed On 12/13/2019

I am sorry that we were unable to get your kitchen sink refinished. We always try to make every client happy to the best of our ability. When we give out estimates, we do our best to ask questions and provide an accurate quote based on the information provided. When we gave the estimate, we quoted based on a standard kitchen. This particular client has a very large and open kitchen with a huge island and walls of kitchen cabinets, etc. Obviously, we can't know the size of everyones home. I called Mr. [Member Name Removed] to explain the situation and he stated he didn't care, we had to stick to our price. The decision to leave and not perform the work was not just due to the unwillingness to understand the situation and agree on a price, it was the way things were handled by the client and the manner in which they spoke to me and my staff. We work very hard to please everyone as best we can, but just because we are in the service industry does not mean we are servants and should be treated with disrespect. Mr. [Member Name Removed] went on to use names, raise his voice and imply that his time is more valuable than anyone else and that we are "insufficient" both as people and as a company. He chose to have us leave and talked down to my technician telling him "you, your done... .get out!". Again, if my technician and I were treated with even an ounce of understanding and respect, there could have been a way to solve this problem, yelling and calling names is not the way to handle anything, so we chose to part ways. I was not surprised to see this review the very next morning considering the day and age we [Member Information Removed] in where anyone can place anything online no matter if its true or not, however I believe our reputation precedes itself and I hope people will be able to understand what truly happened here.

08/27/2019

Chana L.

I'll start with I'm not angry, I'm not ranting, I'm just really disappointed. I'm writing this review a few years after work was done to let people know that doing a kitchen sink might not be a good idea (though our tub came out great and is still great). Like you do with clothes find out how to care for it before you decide to buy it. Sadly here you don't get care instructions until it's too late, AFTER your kitchen sink is completed. With us we never got instructions, I had to call few days later and have them emailed. After reading the instructions I realized if I had gotten the info before I decided to do the sink I would never have done it. You can't put in things that could scratch the enamel, hit against it, can't use detergents, basically nothing you do or use when you cook. I cook every day which means like everyone else Im tough on my sink, stove, fridge, etc. I clean large heavy pots and pans. I wash plates and platters and I toss in utensils and silverware and food, and use a lot of water. Problem is I had to be extremely careful how I treated the sink or the enamel would chip. So I put a mat on the bottom of the sink and did everything very gently. Of course after a few months I got a chip. I was so worried I started cleaning the stuff in the slop sink in my garage. Now a few years later many of the chips are beginning peeling, and the enamel around the edge of the sink is peeling too. I've posted pix. Just have them give you the care instructions before you consider doing a kitchen sink.

Description of Work
Refinish tub and kitchen sink

Work Completed On 08/27/2019

Review for Porcelain & Fiberglass Maintenance - 10650-A Magnolia Blvd, North Hollywood, CA - 38071735

03/26/2019

Tinka M.

i had a really really pleasant and good experience with this company. my kitchen sink was grossly trashed by a neighborhood guy who also ripped me off with a phony receipt for supplies so i was very on edge about the process of getting it redone. P & F quoted me a great price and set up a really great apt time. nice on the phone too. the tech Robert was on time and extremely polite and professional in manner and did a very quick efficient job. and left my kitchen spotless. i was so happy with all that. this was all especially appreciated since it was in such sharp contrast with the oddjob guy i had foolishly hired before. that guy cancelled once, did not seal off the kitchen from the rest of the place with plastic, then took hours on the job-- including taking off once to move his car but not returning for an hour and then a second time leaving for an hour to get more supplies--- and ultimately leaving the me with a dreadful totally uneven gritty looking sink and my kitchen looking like a white paint bomb had gone off in it--- it was really a nightmare. so kudos for Robert and P & F showing me how it can and should be done. i do have reservations tho about the end result (its not totally smooth and some underlying damage Robert mentioned when he was done and was explained as possibly from drano. but other stuff —things that look like gouges and one 3 inch long lumpy area in the sides —were not) and i do not know if it would have been possible for it to look better with more time on the stripping/repairing or not. so this is my suggestion to P & F. when the techs are done stripping and repairing as best as they can--- let the client see the situation before they spray. its possible my neighborhood scam artist trashed the sink to such a degree that to repair it to ensure a flawless result would be prohibitively costly. but i simply do not know. its much much much better than before and i do not need perfect. but i just think that would be a good addition to the service. that way the client can say go ahead and spray or look at this and that what are my options. that caveat and the various flaws aside, i would hire again and recommend too, and i thank them for the job being fast, easy, and affordable. and i really like having a warranty for a year for peace of mind.

Description of Work
sink stripped and refinished.

Category bathtub refinishing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/26/2019

12/14/2018

Kevin B.

Wonderful job. Looks brand new. Great price. Very easy process.

Description of Work
Clean and refinish a large old iron bathtub

Work Completed On 12/13/2018

11/08/2018

Rebecca R.

To start off, the technician was 2 hours late. He was very nice and professional, but after he left, we noticed 3 or 4 spots of debris that had been embedded in the glaze. Called back and was told the tech would return to fix the spots. Second appointed time...the technician was a no show. Called the company and spoke to a manager to find out what was going on. Was told that the time had been changed by another manager and that we were called the night before. I said that I saw a call from the company on my cell but no one had not left a message. Was told that they called my husband and left a message which he didn't listen to because it was from an unknown number. I told them that they can't change an appointment time without speaking to the client and getting verbal confirmation that they will actually be able to be there at the new time. Third appointment...technician showed up on time and fixed the tub. Again, very nice and accommodating. Long story short...nice employees, bad management and scheduling.

Description of Work
tub reglazing

Work Completed On 11/08/2018

09/17/2018

Kathy W.

Everything turned out beautiful, beyond what I ever expected. There were problems with master bath and John did a great job repairing the problem, no one would ever know. The best part , he did not charge me extra. I will use him again on my home in the near future and have told all my family and neighbors about Franklin Interiors. Thank you,

Description of Work
bath tub, shower in one bathroom, shower in master bathroom, counter tops in both and all counter tops in kitchen Re glazed.

Category bathtub refinishing, countertops

Work Completed On 09/13/2018

07/21/2018

Lehi R.

These guys did awesome work. More specifically, my technician, Christian, from the company did an awesome job. I contacted several companies through Angie's list before I contacted Porcelain Fiberglas and Maintenance, and described what I needed done. I had hired someone about 3 years ago to do the work and he did a lousy job which meant that the tub had to be stripped first. There was also a thin hair-line crack that needed to be fixed. Most companies quoted prices were all stipulated saying they wouldn't know the final price until they saw the tub. I even hired one company and gave the guy a detailed description of the condition of the tub and sent him pictures. He guaranteed me how great it was going to look and quoted me a price that was $250 more than what Porcelain Fiberglass and Maintenance quoted me. When he got to my house, he made it seem like I misled him and didn't want to to the work for what he quoted me. I was very impressed with Christian's professionalism, courteousness, and workmanship. He fixed the crack at no additional charge and the tub looks absolutely brand new! I highly recommend them for anyone needing any type of kitchen or bathroom refinishing work.

Description of Work
Reglazed my fiberglass bathtub

Work Completed On 07/17/2018

06/26/2018

John C.

Made old tub look new. Great experience.

Description of Work
Tub Reglazing

Work Completed On 06/26/2018

05/14/2018

Marvin K.

Worker was professional and kept the job site clean

Description of Work
Refinish of Bath Tub

Work Completed On 05/14/2018

04/26/2018

Francesca M.

The company went out of their way for our needs. My contractor was rather slow and I had to reschedule twice. They were professional and the work was excellent. I'd gladly use them again.

Description of Work
Tub and sink reglazing

Work Completed On 04/26/2018

03/26/2018

Robert K.

On time, clean, pro, with excellent results

Description of Work
Shower floor refinish with non slip

Work Completed On 01/17/2018

01/23/2018

Dean and Marianna G.

The person who refinished the tub was pleasant enough, and when he arrived, I asked if the tub would look like it did originally, and I was told it would. Unfortunately, the tub is now a vivid white and no longer matches the sink or toilet or anything else in our bathroom, and it's very obvious that it's been refinished. I called the office this morning to ask about how they match the color, because I didn't see anything on their website about it either way. I was told they do color matching upon request. When my husband had called them to ask about their services last week, he was never given an option to have color matching, and we had no reason to believe that they would not refinish the tub to match its original color (it had been refinished at least once in the past, and matched the rest of the porcelain in the bathroom just fine). Now that it's already done, if we want this fixed, the office said we have to pay full price to have it done all over again. According to them, we should have known they were going to make the tub pure white, and known to ask them specifically if we wanted them to do an off-white color. If we're going to pay full price twice, I see no reason to have them be the ones to do it a second time. I'm really disappointed in how this refinishing turned out, and I would not use them again. Now I'm stuck with a tub out in the middle of our bathroom that looks like it belongs in a different house.

Description of Work
Bathtub refinishing

Work Completed On 01/22/2018

01/01/2018

Stacia S.

I was quite happy with the results!!

Description of Work
Reglazed one tub, one shower and two bathroom sinks.

Work Completed On 11/15/2017

01/01/2018

Stacia S.

Job well done. Excellent work. Love the finished product!!

Description of Work
Resurface shower, tub and sinks

Work Completed On 11/15/2017

Review for Porcelain & Fiberglass Maintenance - 10650-A Magnolia Blvd, North Hollywood, CA - 36714968

12/01/2017

Lisa S.

I called the afternoon before Thanksgiving and asked for an appointment that weekend. The owner went out of his way to scramble up someone to do the job on that Saturday, a day they normally don't work. He went well beyond the call of duty to meet my extraordinary request on short notice on the eve of a major holiday. The workman arrived on time, calling ahead to give me his ETA. He advised me that there would be loud machine noise and I might want to alert my neighbors, which I did. I thought that was very thoughtful of him. He advised me to lock up my cats in a closed room to protect them. He prepped and did the job refinishing the bathtub/shower and the bathroom countertop, quickly and efficiently. The results are gorgeous. It was all done inside of 4 hours. I couldn't be more satisfied with this company and the workman it sent out. All highly professional, reliable, people, and excellent craftsmanship.

Description of Work
refinish shower/tub stall and bathroom countertop.

Work Completed On 11/25/2017