Pacific Garage Doors & Gates, Inc.

Founded 2003 • With Angi since June 2007

California
California: Contractors
11/30/2022

6442 Coldwater Canyon Ave Suite 107

North Hollywood, CA 91606

"Contractors State License Board License Number: 886942 for Door Contractors and Installation Services"....

garage doors (216)driveway gate installation (162)fence company (39)iron work (25)electrician (12)door installation (11)welding (5)home security systems (4)house painting (1)home builder (1)locksmith (1)concrete repair (1)

10/18/2019

Lamont D.

The technicians did a fantastic job. They were on time, installed the door and hauled away the old one.

Description of Work
New garage door install

Work Completed On 01/16/2020

07/02/2019

Christopher Michael F.

It was easy to make an appointment. The technician show up when they said he would. He was very nice and professional. He fixed my problem within an hour without issue.

Description of Work
I needed to have my electric gate reset and and the belt replaced.

Work Completed On 05/30/2019

01/22/2019

Susan L.

I had another company come out who told me I needed an entire new garage door and new springs for a total cost of $1300. When I called Pacific Garage & Doors and spoke to Liz, she gave me some very simple suggestions on what the problem might be. I followed what she said and was able to fix the problem myself. I appreciate this company's helpfulness and honesty and they will be the ones I call when I do actually need some work done on my garage door.

Description of Work
My garage door wouldn't fully close.

Work Completed On 01/22/2019

01/01/2019

Sylvia R.

Extremely Well. The Repair man went there and repaired it in no time = thank you

Description of Work
Repaired Electronic Gate

Category garage doors,welding

Work Completed On 01/01/2019

10/10/2018

paul K.

They guys did a great job. The price was much less than another quote received. Very happy,

Description of Work
re-attach a garage door which had been out of service

Work Completed On 10/09/2018

09/26/2018

SUSAN W.

10 stars, superior service. The quality of materials used was great, they started early and finished earlier than projected. After the job was under way I decided to go for the upgraded gate option at their suggestion and I am very happy that I did. I have recommended them to anyone who has seen or asked about my gate. The quality and appearance is great, He showed up when he said he would and was willing to do anything to make me happy.

Description of Work
Put in a new motorized gate

Work Completed On 02/01/2018

05/08/2018

Erik S.

I initially hired someone to help and nothing was ever complete despite a heavy bill. Pacific had installed a garage door on a previous residence and I decided to call them for help. They fixed my gate in no time at all, I didn’t have to be there, and the price was more than fair. I will always use this company in the future.

Description of Work
Have my gate reprogrammed

Work Completed On 04/07/2018

04/26/2018

Francesca M.

The company was totally professional and their work was impeccable. I hope to use them again in the future.

Description of Work
A custom tub/shower door

Work Completed On 04/26/2018

03/12/2018

Itay N.

From start to finish they did an excellent work, with careful attention to details at every stage. Basically everything they did was done to perfection, starting with the design process and then through every stage of the installation (posts, frame, wood cover, motor, and painting). Couldn't be happier!

Description of Work
Installed new swing gate (steel frame and posts, redwood cover) and gate motor (liftmaster LA-500). I wanted a trim design that was a bit more complicated than usual and they did that.

Work Completed On 01/10/2018

11/01/2017

steve B.

The door’s worked like a champ ever since.

Description of Work
I have an old, heavy wooden garage door that wobbled and groaned when connected to an automated garage door opener. The guys installed new and better hinges and then reattached the garage door opener.

09/13/2017

Sharon M.

Great! Installer arrived on time and installed mail slot in a professional manner.

Description of Work
Had mail slot installed in existing garage door.

Work Completed On 08/15/2017

06/03/2017

ELIZABETH I.

I needed to change my driveway gate for one that complied with code for driveway gates that comprise a pool enclosure. The person sent for the quote was clearly knowledgeable, understood the code requirements and was helpful making suggestions that were budget friendly as well as asthetically pleasing. Each of the three installers (frame, gate and motor, paint) were punctual, polite and personable and did excellent work. The person I spoke with in the office was likewise pleasant and efficient.

Description of Work
Installation of an electric, self-closing gate that complied with Los Angeles pool safety code for driveway gates.

Work Completed On 05/15/2017

05/04/2017

Rita Z.

Our garage door broke on Tuesday afternoon around 3pm. I called Pacific Garage Door and Liz found a way to squeeze us in the next day between 12 and 2pm. She gave me an estimate of the costs based on my description of the door. Gustavo called about 30 minutes before he arrived, within the time slot promised. He was done in 35 minutes. I really like this company and will definitely call them the next time I need repairs or a new garage door.

Description of Work
Replace a broken garage door spring

Work Completed On 05/04/2017

04/26/2017

Michael B.

It was good; we needed new springs for the door and they were installed quickly.

Description of Work
Automatic garage door opener quit.

Work Completed On 04/26/2017

03/27/2017

Karen D.

immediate response, courteous service

Description of Work
driveway gate service and repair

Category wrought iron,doors,driveway gates

Work Completed On 03/27/2017

12/27/2016

Jeremy L.

Jim is an amazing, patient and very generous tech who fixed my gate over the phone! Amazing and so nice!

Description of Work
Fixed my gate

Work Completed On 12/27/2016

12/06/2016

Parisa J.

Did good work, but price was a bit high.

Description of Work
Garage door wouldn't open and needed new garage door opener

11/03/2016

Connie B.

They did great work, very professional and knowledgeable. I would hire them again in a second.

Description of Work
I had an electric gate installed by someone else (converted a manual gate into electric). The gate was pulling away from the house. When they arrived, Pacific Doors & Gate stated they could do the fix I had called about (reattach to the house) but then they explained how the original work was done incorrectly and advised that they could do the simple fix (which would break again) or do a slightly more expensive permanent fix (put in a larger post to accommodate heavy gate and put the post into concrete, add another bracket onto the house). Their explanation of work that needed to occur was detailed and made perfect sense. I opted to do the long term fix and it is still functioning great 6 months later. I have already recommended them to a neighbor - I am very happy!

Work Completed On 04/04/2016

10/10/2016

Aaron S.

After a small hiccup (on my part of describing what I wanted), they people at Pacific Garage Doors & Gates did a great job. It was finished timely, the workers answered all my questions, and the finished gate looked EXACTLY how I wanted it. They also have great customer service over the phone. The office always answered, but on the couple times they didn't, they called me back right away. I have never had any of this type of work done for me before, so I have nothing to really compare it to, but I would use them again for sure.

Description of Work
Electric gate install.

Category fencing,driveway gates

Work Completed On 09/01/2016

09/22/2016

Kristin B.

We couldn't have asked for a better experience! PGDG came out to give us a custom evaluation and rendering of the driveway gate, built, painted and installed the gate in a timely and efficient manner. They were even thoughtful enough to consider a wallstop on the side of our house to make sure the wind wouldn't carry the gate into the window! They had amazing service and built a beautiful product. We would definitely use them again!

Description of Work
New Driveway Gate

Category garage doors,driveway gates

Work Completed On 09/22/2016

Review for Pacific Garage Doors & Gates, Inc. - 6442 Coldwater Canyon Ave, North Hollywood, CA - 37149808

09/19/2016

Kristin B.

We have been extremely pleased with both the product and customer service at Pacific Garage Doors and Gates. They have been professional, prompt, and we love our driveway gate. It was initially installed in March 2016, they were very flexible and responsive to our design requests, painted the posts at no extra cost, and overall did an amazing job. We unfortunately had some damage/wear and tear occur to the gate and difficulty latching, but they were able to send someone out the same day we called and fix the issue, free of charge. The price is comparable to other companies we looked at/had quotes from, but the customer service and responsiveness have been above and beyond our expectations. We would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Install new driveway gate, and touch up repair 6 months later.

Category garage doors,driveway gates

Work Completed On 09/19/2016

09/04/2016

IAN D.

No big problems. The work was done while I was at my day job. My one gripe was that the outside latch and ground latch no longer fit in their slots. The two inside latches are ok (4 latches total). Old tiny hinges were replaced with sturdier big barrel hinges.

Description of Work
Needed new hinges for my heavy wooden front gate.

Work Completed On 08/25/2016

08/04/2016

Sterling R.

I got an estimate for a mechanical swing door for my wood gate. Everything went very smoothly, from setting the appointment to the on time arrival for the estimate. The guy who came to do the estimate was very nice and knowledgeable about the process. They responded with my estimate very timely. Nothing negative to say, they are very organized. I would use them for this job when I am ready to move forward.

Description of Work
Mechanical Gate Swing