Isaac's Ironworks Inc

Founded 1985 • With Angi since July 2010

At Isaacs’s Ironworks we specialize in custom work serving the greater Los Angeles area and surrounding for over 19 years. A one time customer is something we try to avoid, that is why we devote so much time and energy to understanding your needs and getting them done quickly and cost

iron work (88)driveway gate installation (17)fence company (12)metal fabrication (7)ironing (3)door installation (7)decks & porches (3)Patios (2)window replacement (1)

05/21/2019

Harold W.

Wonderful. I could not be more pleased with how friendly, professional and GOOD the team was. Very happy with their work and would not hesitate to call again.

Description of Work
Iron fence repair

Category fencing, wrought iron

Work Completed On 05/21/2019

08/10/2018

JAMES S.

They came out to measure and asked if I had a design in mind. About 4 days later I received a quote in the mail. Isaac came out once more to finalize the placement and look of the arbor. 3 weeks later the install team showed up to install my arbor. These guys did a great job with the installation. Really paid attention to the details. So happy when I find a craftsman that does a great job. The guys even carted away the old broken wood arbor.

Description of Work
Isaac and his team replaced an arbor holding up my Bougainvillea.

Category wrought iron, metal restoration, driveway gates

Work Completed On 08/10/2018

Review for Isaac's Ironworks Inc - 7373 Atoll Ave, North Hollywood, CA - 37312262

06/12/2018

Lorraine M.

The folks from Isaac’s Ironworks were on time to survey the area, find out what I needed. They then sent me an estimate. It was the best i received, so I let them know. Isaac met with me, took exact measurements, and a couple of weeks later, the gate was installed. It was exactly as ordered. I highly recommend them, and I am hard to please.

Description of Work
A new high gate at the side of our condo to protect our building

Category fencing, wrought iron

Work Completed On 06/12/2018

04/25/2018

Scott B.

Izik and his team were great. They were very professional and responded quickly to all of our questions and needs. We're very happy with the end product!

Description of Work
We had a curved hand railing manufactured and installed for the stairs leading up to our front door.

Work Completed On 04/16/2018

01/09/2018

Andrew P.

Isaac and his team have a quality work product. We are beyond satisfied with our gate and feel that we got our money's worth. I will no doubt refer Isaac to friends of mine who need iron services, and wouldn't hesitate to use him again in the future. Thanks again Isaac!

Description of Work
Side Pedestrian Iron Gate

Category wrought iron, doors

Work Completed On 12/18/2017

01/05/2018

Sharon T.

Isaac went over the top as far as his design and quality went. He constructed a very sturdy railing that should last for years. I highly recommend him. His company is small and he is always busy, but once you make contact he is very reliable.

Description of Work
We needed a wrought iron stair railing installed.

Work Completed On 12/12/2017

Review for Isaac's Ironworks Inc - 7373 Atoll Ave, North Hollywood, CA - 36727830

12/27/2017

sharon S.

Isaac is amazing! His designs and the crew that installed it were professional , courteous and it looks beautiful! Better than I ever expected. I would hire him again in a second!

Description of Work
Front entrance and backyard iron railings

Category ironing, wrought iron, driveway gates

Work Completed On 12/12/2017

09/29/2017

Danny H.

This guy is AMAZING. He is professional, timely and makes sure he takes care of his customers. I am so glad I found Isaac and I look forward to using him again. I WILL DEFINITELY RECOMMEND HIM TO ALL OF MY FRIENDS FOR FUTURE JOBS!!!! ISAAC IS THE BEST!!!

Description of Work
Isaac put up some iron railings for our apartment building.,

Work Completed On 08/08/2017

09/19/2017

Lynn A.

Isaac came to job site personally to design handrails. He was on time, experienced, provided how rails will be designed. Isaac's installers were on time, efficient, precise. Job well done. Would recommend Isaac with no reservations.

Description of Work
My 98 year old mother needed handrails to get up/down three steps in the front of my home. I wanted 'simple' and 'attractive' for the front of the house.

Work Completed On 06/23/2017

Review for Isaac's Ironworks Inc - 7373 Atoll Ave, North Hollywood, CA - 36269060

09/05/2017

Ahmad S.

Very well. Workmanship was excellent. Material was perfect and per plan. I will include a picture that worth thousand word.

Description of Work
They made a rail for our balcony that was curved and kind of artistic.

Work Completed On 07/10/2017

07/25/2017

Christina S.

They did an excellent job! Since the railings that were being replaced were of a different size than the railing they were copying, the design had to be scaled down and slightly altered. Isaac and everyone else I dealt with were a complete pleasure to do business with.

Description of Work
Replaced 2 plain balcony railings to match an existing ornate railing.

Work Completed On 10/01/2016

06/28/2017

David K.

Perfectly. Isaac came out and I showed him the problem. He knew exactly what to do, gave me a detailed written bid and performed the work on schedule and on budget. I couldn't be happier! His crew was friendly and hard working.

Description of Work
We needed a security fence for the rear yard at my office. Thank you for a great job. David Kahn

Work Completed On 05/26/2017

Review for Isaac's Ironworks Inc - 7373 Atoll Ave, North Hollywood, CA - 35349245

06/28/2017

Alicia C.

Isaac's Ironworks was responsive, prompt and very helpful. They came out to do a physical inspection and pointed me in the right direction for a repair.

Description of Work
Gate lock fix

Work Completed On 06/28/2017

05/08/2017

Charles N A.

Extremely well. I am a retired welding inspector and they met my design and finish criteria. I was very impressed with the other work in their shop: many curves and complicated designs.

Description of Work
Railing about 5' long to match existing.

Category wrought iron, metal restoration

Work Completed On 04/05/2017

03/17/2017

Abigail J.

Isaac's Ironworks did beautiful work. Before calling them, I reviewed their website, and saw an impressive array of work samples, in many styles, all constructed elegantly and professionally. I then called them, and spoke to the owner Isaac Yuhuda, who offered to meet me at my convenience: His shop was very close to our house. When we did meet, I found a gregarious, knowledgeable man who exuded enthusiasm and interest in our projects. We spent time together looking at various styles, materials and types of fencing and gates around my neighborhood, so he could get a sense of my taste, and the overall look of the homes on, and around our street. I wanted a slight curve to a fence, with a gate in the middle, to enclose a small patio, as well as a gate between the driveway and a walkway to the back of the house. He listened as I explained my design ideas, and understood them immediately. We spent time experimenting with the degree of the fence curve, given the two points the fence would bridge, and the space it was enclosing. For the gates, we originally thought we would go with a fairly traditional design of simple scrollwork over a metal backing for both doors. But, after a walk in West Hollywood one evening, we happened upon an iron door with a design we really liked, one that had an art deco look to it. I called Isaac to explain the desired change, and sent him a photo of the door. He was happy to do the changes, and came over the next day to show me a pencil sketch of the new design, that looked exactly like the door we’d photographed. The work came out exactly as the design; kudos should also go to his associate Mynor who, I understand actually prepared the design and forged the iron. Isaac also offered suggestions for the fencing section of the patio, several options along the spectrum of full privacy to open railings. We decided on mesh gate panels that were black steel metal with small round "Swiss dot" perforations that allowed for some view of the street, but also some privacy. It is very pretty, and looks great with the gentle curve of the fence. People who come see our new place have specifically mentioned this gated fence as a favorite component of the newly built house. After realizing that the metal door to the walkway when closing made too loud a sound, we asked Isaac to install a hydraulic arm to control and slow the shutting of the gate, making it quieter. He immediately took care of it, sending his workmen over early one morning to install it. The additional charge was $200 (installed), that others who know such things told us was a fair price... The doors are primed, but for weather-proofing, will require a paint job. This was unexpected, but again, having never purchased something involving ironworks, we did not know to ask about this when the estimate was presented, though it clearly states 'black shop primer only.' Because we've never had experience with ironworks, I had no idea what they should cost, hence the 4- vs 5-'bubble' rating. Maybe we could’ve found a contractor who would’ve done the work for less, but Isaac was recommend to us by our general contractor whose work we quickly came to trust, as he hired only skilled and pro subs. It seems to have been money well spent. Not only is the quality of the work excellent, but dealing with everyone at Isaac's has been a pleasure. They are extremely accommodating, friendly, fun, and KIND! Those may not be important characteristics to some people, but for us they are big pluses. It's stressful enough building or renovating a home, with money constantly going OUT, so it helps to work with understanding, professional and personable contractors. We highly recommend Isaac's Ironworks for any ironwork you may need, or have in mind.

Description of Work
After an extensive home addition and renovation, the back of the house was reconfigured. We needed one gate to divide the driveway from the walkway up to the side of the house; and a second gate with a short fence, to enclose a small, private patio.

Category fencing, wrought iron, metal restoration, doors, driveway gates, patios

Work Completed On 03/03/2017

Review for Isaac's Ironworks Inc - 7373 Atoll Ave, North Hollywood, CA - 34638727

03/13/2017

MARY-CLAIRE M.

Issac personally helped me with an urgent job to get a custom balcony railing built/installed. Isaac came out immediately for measurements, recommended some style changes to improve the look without affecting the price, and seamless installed the railing 1 day earlier than planned. Isaac was a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Create custom balcony railing and install.

Work Completed On 02/23/2017

02/24/2017

jon W.

beautiful job, including powder coating.

Description of Work
railing for interior staircase

Work Completed On 01/23/2017

02/20/2017

Lisa F.

Isaac completed two separate jobs for me and the overall result is perfection. Isaac is a talented artist who is more than happy to give you his insights regarding the design of the final product so it fit into the surrounding environment. What makes Isaac and his crew, including his office manager Osbeyda, easy to work with is that nothing is an issue or a problem for them. Isaac drove out of his way at a time that was convenient for me to do the estimate / measurements and then the final installation of indoor railing. They were always on time and they never missed a date. Job 1 was a stairway railing going from the first floor to the second floor. He took special care to make it really functional and still something very pretty. It was designed, painted and powder coated in just over 4 weeks and looks absolutely beautiful. Job 2 was to repair / replace missing leaves to a handmade “fired on” painted 1950’s indoor iron gate that has an intricate design of 3 dimensional rose vines with leaves woven throughout the curlicues of the gate. Isaac found replacement pieces and shaped them to look as close to the originals as possible. The results and quality of workmanship is amazing. Isaac is a really great guy, fun to be around and he made us both feel very comfortable. I would recommend him to anyone. This is a contractor that truly knows the meaning of quality workmanship.

Description of Work
1) New stairway railing going from the first floor to the second floor. 2) Repair / replace missing leaves to a handmade 1950’s indoor iron gate that has an intricate design of 3 dimensional rose vines with leaves.

Category wrought iron, metal restoration

Work Completed On 02/18/2017

02/03/2017

elizabeth N.

Excellent. Isaac ascertained what we wanted, drew a picture for our approval and explained what he would do. Abouta week later, two people came with the railing and installed it.

Description of Work
Make and install a railing over the steps by the front door

Work Completed On 01/03/2017

01/14/2017

Diane C.

Isaac, his family, crafts people and crew are amazing in all areas. The railings are simple, yet substantial and beautiful. Whenever I called, the responses were immediate and more than satisfactory. They even took the time to send a handwritten Thank You card. Thank YOU ISAAC'S IRONWORKS!

Description of Work
Simple hand railings for 3 sets of entrance steps.

Work Completed On 12/14/2016

01/04/2017

Therese B.

Isaac offered his input as to where to place the rails, which was a much wiser plan then mine. I'm very happy I contacted them and felt they provided a very fair price and a beautiful product. I would highly recommend them. They even wrote me a handwritten thank you note (which is rarely done these days); this personal touch was nice. One word of caution is to not get discouraged if they do not respond immediately, just follow-up. The end result is worth it.

Description of Work
Isaac created and installed several outdoor handrails for my home.

Work Completed On 10/17/2016

01/01/2017

Dana C.

It went very well. The company stayed in touch and kept me in the loop of communication. Work was finished 30 days after the estimate was given.

Description of Work
I had an iron railing added to my front steps. A railing on each side of the steps.

Work Completed On 06/01/2016

10/26/2016

Deqnna R.

The request for two sets of handrails was submitted and an estimate was quickly provided. Isaac's went out to the site and created the necessary design. The handrails were created in a timely manner. The company kept communications going throughout the production. They were always courteous and informative during all phone correspondence. I was given an installation date and time, and they followed through on this commitment. The finished product was exactly what I wanted. I am pleased with their work ethic and quality of the product. This is the second time I have used Isaac's Ironworks.

Description of Work
Built and installed two sets of handrails for front and back steps