Greenleaf Organic Pest Management

Founded 1996 • With Angi since September 2005

4.3

10940 Vanowen St

North Hollywood, CA 91605

At Greenleaf, we are licensed and experienced in all aspects of pest control, from getting rid of ants, roaches and termites, to larger problems such as rodents and pigeons. We also have training in the Africanized "Killer Bees" and ornamental pest control for flowers, shrubs and trees. The difference is that we specialize in a method of pest control where we look at the total picture of how and why you are having a pest problem. This method is called Integrated Pest Management (IPM). If a pesticide is needed to help resolve the problem, we opt for a low-impact product to take care of it. Our certified pest control experts average 15 years experience and are professionally trained to treat the most vulnerable areas and to get to the source of pest problems with natural pest control methods. We help people keep a pest free home by providing our pest control services, avoid costly damage to homes by eliminating their termite infestations. All this, while enjoying a more comfortable home in both summer and winter. We also take pride in helping the environment and doing our part towards energy conservation and making the planet a greener place for generations to come....

08/04/2014

fay D.

I called Greenleaf because they were Organic which is very important to me, however, having the bugs removed from my home after paying almost $400 is ALSO very important. When Greenleaf came out they diagnosed the bugs as ROACHES. Even though they looked nothing like roaches. But since they are the and quot;expertsand quot; I went along and payed for the roach treatment which included Essentria IC3 and Advion gel. When the problem hadnt gone away in over 4 months, we then called them back, letting them know that the treatment didnt work. We took a picture of the bug and emailed it to them, and when they saw the bug, they immediately admitted that the bug was absolutely NOT a roach, but a drug store beetle. They refused to come out and get a sample of the bug to be sure and said that all we had to do was eliminate the food course and they would leave. Not offering to come and help locate the source. So you charge me $375.00 to treat the wrong bug that you admittedly misdiagnosed, and then dont even offer to rectify the problem??? RIP OFF! Do not use these guys, unless you want to spend hundreds not getting the problem solved. Very disappointed. We called another company to come help us since Greenleaf washed their hands of us. When the company came, they immediately diagnosed it as drugstore beetle and was astonished that any company could possibly diagnose these are roaches. He also noticed that the company put **12** Advion gel packs in the small kitchen, which even IF they were roaches would only need 2 or 3 at MOST. Its a chemical that is not safe at high amounts. So much for being and quot;Greenand quot;. The other company helped us find the source and remove it at no charge. now THAT is how u do business.

Description of Work
Inside/Outside treatment for Roaches

Category pest control

Roaches were the targeted pest on the initial service, in addition to the beetles that you sent a picture of, which was properly I.D.'d and the information on this food pest was also properly handled since these hatch out of food and you would not make a pesticide application, but rather go through dry good products. I'm very concerned about the comments made from another pest company, all incorrect information about the Advion product and the amount used. all placements were absolutely appropriate for organic and the number of bait placements. All approved for food handling facilities and meets "organic" requirements.

02/24/2014

Lorrie V.

About a month after moving into our house, ants started coming in the kitchen window and into the cabinets like crazy. We also noticed an increase in spiders and other bugs inside the house. Granted it was summertime, but I chalked it up to a lack of pest control during the change in ownership of our house. When I called to schedule an initial appointment, the receptionist was fantastic: friendly, professional, fast. Mario came out on time, assessed the situation, then sprayed. If you sign up for recurring service, they will discount the normal service price, so we opted to have them come out every other month. Mario has been here several times, and our pest control issues are under control. Great company, with friendly professionals.

Description of Work
Sprays around outside perimeter of house every other month.

10/07/2013

Paul & Linda O.

Poor.Did control pest issues.Had more pest invade the house then before.

Description of Work
very little.Was to do pest control

Category pest control

Good afternoon. I am trying to find the information you posted on the service, but have no info under either the name or address. Could you tell me a little more about the service so I can look into what your concerns were.

08/19/2013

Lilly L.

They came in and out of the house, tracking dirt on my white carpet. They were totally unconcerned about the mud. They looked for the ants and sprayed but the treatment didn't work.

Description of Work
They tried to treat for ants.

10/08/2012

Harold O.

The guys were on time and one sprayed inside while the other did the exterior. They were friendly and helpful and the spray is not supposed to be harmful to people which is nice. Just make sure they spray every place you see a problem and not just the floor area, I had ants coming from the wall socket and had to call them back to spray there and so far it has solved the problem.

Description of Work
Spray for ants.

Category pest control

We appreciate your comments, and always here to help

07/31/2012

Jamie M.

Greenleaf Organic Pest Management has done a good job. I am pleased to recommend them.

Description of Work
We used Greenleaf Organic Pest Management for pest control primarily for ants control.

Category pest control

Always nice to read positive comments. Thank you!

06/14/2012

Antoinete V.

I think I told my story above, we will be using Green Leaf again.

Description of Work
First their Inspector Alan Flowers came out and spent well over an hour inspecting our home, he was very knowledgeable and pointed out two areas that needed treatment for dry wood termites. He could not get into the cralw space to inspect underneath the house becasue we had a raccoon living there, he advised the animal would have to go and the crawl space cleaned out, he recommended them giving us an estimate to eliminate & clean, we have not detern=mined what we will do about the cleaning yet, but we got rid of the animal. So they gave us a very thourough estimate and contract for the work to be performed. Their employee Moses came out, arriving punctually, performed the work well. There were no suprises no gimmicks, just good honest work.

Category pest control

Our staff truly love what they do. Most have been doing what they do for over 15 years. Glad we were able to solve your pest issues.

04/30/2012

Jennifer T.

They are fantastic! The people are really nice, and i've never had an issue with them. I have used them for many, many years.

Description of Work
They performed monthly maintenance for spiders and other outdoor pets.

Category pest control

Thanks for helping us spread the word. Very happy to have provided your service.

04/16/2012

Robert L.

They are organic. We have a neighbor who is allergic to everything which is why we went to them. We have not had an ant problem since we started using them.

Description of Work
We use them for pest control. They come every two months.

03/23/2012

Steven S.

We/ve used them for about 15 years, we haven't comparison shopped, but, we're pretty happy with them. It's $79 per visit. They heavily advertise, we got a flyer on the porch that said, "kill your pests, but, not your pets", and I liked the fact that they are going for less toxic methods. We had a horrible, horrible ant problem when we moved in here and they came out and helped us out a lot with that. They are very responsive and we use them for termites as well. They used the traditional tenting and gas for the termites, it did not seem feasible to go with the organic approach, because, it would have cost a lot more, and they would have had to coat the house with orange oil They came out when we started sealing up everything with waterproof paper, looked in the ceiling, and said that might be termites and saved us. I give them high ratings and will continue to use them in the future.

Description of Work
They come out every other month and came out about a month ago.

01/04/2012

Yiotis K.

They are great! The technician, Marco, is very professional, experienced and accommodating. He is also very knowledgeable of the exact nature of the natural sprays they are using and is really meticulous. I've never had any issue and would definitely recommend them highly to anyone needing their service. The lady who answers the phone is also magnificent, so polite and accommodating! They always call in advance and remind me when it is time for the technician to come out to our place for the treatment. I am overall very happy with the service Greenleaf provides.

Description of Work
We are having Greenleaf come over to our house once every two months to spray the perimeter of the house for ants, roaches, spiders etc.

05/23/2011

Cynthia P.

Exterminator arrived on time and proceeded to fill holes that recurring carpenter bees had drilled into my house. He was very courteous and friendly. He told me see if they returned in a week (they didn't) and put wood putty over the hole. I would definitely recommend this company.

Description of Work
The exterminator blocked the holes that carpenter bees had drilled into my house.

04/29/2011

Rob S.

The workers from Greenleaf Organic Pest Management Company did a fine job putting up the covering a year before the last maintenance service. They were very professional. I thought they probably undercharged me for the work they did. They were definitely one of the best contractors I have dealt with. I would continue to use them in the future.

Description of Work
I last hired Greenleaf Organic Pest Management Company in August of 2009 for a maintenance service. They had installed a clean tarp like covering over the cross base of my home about a year before that. The covering keeps all the dust and the dirt from coming into house. This was done because of a sewer leak problem that I had at my house. This set up basically cleans out any biohazard.

Category biohazard cleanup

07/28/2010

Jerry J.

Punctual, always call before coming over, and offer a competitive price.

Description of Work
I have a bi-monthly agreement for pest control. I've been using them for the last 5 years.

06/24/2010

Jason K.

They showed up on time and finished in a timely manner. They did a good job. I also called them up when some painters I had saw some termite damage up high on my home. They then came back and took care of those problems very quickly in the same day.

Description of Work
They did a termite inspection, and then did the work.

06/04/2010

Mary S.

For the most recent job, I felt someone else was much more professional. When you are having pesticides sprayed around your house you just need someone more professional. I have used them in the past for termites and would have no problem recommending them for termites.

Description of Work
I have used Greenleaf Organic Pest Management Inc in the past for termites.

11/25/2009

ERICA M.

They come out several times at two different houses to treat for ants. They have been extremely successful in using what they claim as organic pesticides. Our house was completely infested with the ants and they never reappeared again after the treatment. The price that they charge is not incredibly cheap, but is reasonable. I would continue to use their services in the future and in fact, they are going to come out in the next week to treat my garage for spiders.

Description of Work
We use the services of Greenleaf Organic Pest Management for pest control. Their last visit to my house was about a few months ago.

11/17/2009

Mary C.

The men who came to do the job were professional and I think did a good job our problem is with the Estimator who came out to do the analysis of the property. Although there was obvious infestation in the garage but due to inaccessible areas (i.e. enclosed stucco walls) He was unable to determine the cost in the garage. We asked the gentleman who did the work to please look at the garage and if there was any activity to please spray and treat. They found extensive infection in garage and breezeway but could not treat due to authorization from Estimator. We called company, spoke to Ted, and that indeed was policy and no work could be done. Asked why no estimate was given told inaccessible walls. Asked another estimator to come out and tell me the work that needs to be done. After receiving the estimate of $720 it seemed to me that the entire work should have been included in the original estimate. Again, the excuse of inaccessible walls were given. When asked what you normally do in this situation he said we do nothing until the rest of the house is treated then we can drill holes and treat However in the bedroom they said they would have to upon discovering terminate infestation they had to drill holes behind our bed, which they completed that same day. So why they could not treat the garage in the same manner is frustration and are instead looking for additional funds. This is our second time to use Angie's List and both times we have been terribly disappointed

Description of Work
Called the company to estimate and treat for termite infestation of the entire house

Category pest control

Some missing facts that be mentioned here. We first began performing a complete inspection of the home and garage on 10/15/09. At that time the Garage was extremely packed with storage making it impossible to inspect the interior of the garage. We advised the client to move the storage to perform a thorough inspection. On 11/11/09 the work was completed as outlines in the original report. While the our technicians were there they were asked to do treatments in the garage. The Structural Pest Control Board requires all areas to be inspected and a proper identification of type of termites found and the cost for such treatment, along with a Supplemental report filed with the State. Our initial inspection and bid did not include the garage and the cost to treat it was also not included in the original report. On 11/13/2009 we were requested to return to inspect the garage. Still 50% of the storage was not removed, this time we moved some of the storage in order to provide an inspection. Evidence of Drywood termites were found and additional recommendations were then made and the additioanl cost were given. We never received the authorization to proceed with the work. When termite inspections are done it does have many areas that cannot be inspected due to finished walls, furniture and storage and accessibility issues. Greenleaf provides a very thorough inspection to areas that are accessible at the time of inspection and cost of work is limited to those areas inspected. We value each and every customer and we see the work that we do as a partnership with our clients and sometimes this limits us when we have issues we have no control over.

11/06/2009

LINDA W.

They are reliable, honest and professional. They are also co-operative, punctual, clean and informative. I have been pleased with their service.

Description of Work
They spray my large yard for fleas and they also come out monthly to take care of the spiders. I have been using their service for around 8 years.

09/16/2009

JOHN N.

They set you up on a plan that works best for you. They are responsive, show up, and the treatment worked.

Description of Work
I had c roaches and crickets in my home. They spray one time in the house, around the baseboards and then after that it's done outside of the house.

06/09/2009

Eric N.

They come out to my home every month. They leave a statement every time that they are here. They are really good. They notify you when you are coming. They notified us that we were going to have a new technician, and he introduced himself. He was really professional, friendly, and nice. They do what they are supposed to do.

Description of Work
I hired Greenleaf Organic Pest Management to do organic ant control for me.

10/02/2008

COLLEEN A K.

We noticed what appeared to be termite droppings on our front porch and on our back porch. Fearing a major termite invasion, and dreading the idea of our house being tented and filled with chemicals. We called three environmentally friendly pest management companies for estimates. All three companies advertised free estimates, though one company charges $125 to inspect the attic and crawl space. Two days later, Greenleaf sent their licensed termite inspector, Alan Flowers, to our home. Alan was courteous, considerate and professional. He explained what he would be looking for and if termites were found, what our treatment options would be. He was here for over an hour. When finished, we were thrilled to hear that the only termites he could find were eating an unfinished plant shelf board on the front porch, which Alan recommended we dispose of immediately. What we thought were termite droppings on the back porch were from crickets. He also pointed out a small area of dry rot in the front door sill. Otherwise, that was it. No treatments needed. We were duly impressed with Alan's thorough inspection and his honesty. We canceled the other two estimates, as they clearly weren't necessary. A week later we received Alan's report, which was also submitted to the Structural Pest Control Board. Should we need termite work done in the future, we will definitely call Greenleaf Organic Pest Management again.

Description of Work
The (free) structural pest control inspection, for both subterranean and dry wood termites, as well as for fungus/dry rot, took over an hour to complete. It included a thorough exterior perimeter check, from the ground up, including all exposed wood surfaces, then the inside door and window areas were inspected, followed by the attic and lastly the crawl space. One week later we received a (free) standard Wood Destroying Pests and Organisms Inspection Report with the complete findings.

07/22/2008

FRANK K.

They came on time, they gave me a reasonable price. He removed the hive and sprayed it. I noticed that the worker bees had came back and they back out twice for free until the bees were completely gone. I would definitely recommend this company.

Description of Work
I had bees that were living in a tree stump about 5 feet off the ground.

08/04/2007

Alyssa M.

In the beginning--great. Their technician showed up on time to evaluate the problem and was extremely courteous and called me back twice that day to follow up. They then needed to do some research as the problem was quite unusual given the size and type of tree. Several days went by with no calls from them. After my second call to the company, they finally told me they would not be able to perform the work as they do not have the proper equipment/training to do the job. That was fine--I just wished they'd called me five days earlier to tell me that so I could have called someone else...the tree was getting worse every day. All in all, it was a mixed bag of customer service.

Description of Work
A tree that needed to be treated for whitefly.

Category pest control

ANDY, OUR TECHNICIAN FELT THE TREE WAS TOO TALL TO TREAT WITH THE LIMITED REACH OF HIS EQUIPMENT AND THE NATURE OF THE WHITE FLY. HE DID FOLLOW UP WITH A CALL TO INFORM THEM THAT ADDITIONAL TIME WOULD BE NEEDED TO RESEARCH AND CONTACT AN ADDITIONAL SOURCE AND TREATMENT. OUR VENDOR WAS UNAVAILABLE THAT WEEK (OUT OF TOWN AS WE FOUND OUT). AFTER SEVERAL DAYS OF NOT HEARING BACK FROM OUR VENDOR, FOUR DAYS LAPSED BEFORE WE GOT AN ANSWER THAT THEY WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PROVIDE US THE EQUIPMENT/PRODUCT UNTIL A CERTIFICATION CLASS WAS ATTENDED BECAUSE IT WAS A NEW PRODUCT. AT THIS POINT A CALL WAS MADE TO OUR CLIENT. I AGREE THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN A CALL FROM OUR COMPANY AFTER THE UNUSUAL DELAY TO AVOID LOSS TIME.

04/20/2007

BONNIE M.

My main concern was for my pets, and I feared having to tent the house. The inspector explained about the different types of termites, the kind we had, the treatment Greenleaf uses, how it works, and that I wouldn't need to move my pets. They warned me about structural damage from the termites and so I felt more informed when the foundation guys showed up. After the work was completed I noticed one small area on the front porch that had been overlooked. Greenleaf came back without argument and finished the area. The cost might seem kind of high, but we had a lot of damage. Greenleaf did a good job, and I'm confident I won't have to do this again for a long time.

Description of Work
We initially had a free inspection which took over two hours. The inspector looked everywhere (attic, garage, under the house) and noted every place where there were problems, as well as places which if left as is, could invite problems. That day we were given an estimate for the work. A few days later we received a thorough report of all problems and solutions with a cost breakdown. Both our garage and home needed treatment for subterranean termites. Holes were drilled every twelve inches around both structures and the treatment placed. In a few areas trenches were dug and then recovered. Drywood termite damage in a few small areas was treated with a citrus based product. The crew showed up when they said they would, did the work, cleaned up, and left. I couldn't be happier with the work and the guarantee of follow-up inspections.

Go Eco Restoration

We are a reliable restoration firm committed to deliver exceptional service at an affordable price for our city and neighbors. We understand that time is crucial in the event of any disaster, and that's why our team is available 24/7 providing complete emergency mitigation services for residential and commercial properties. We deal with your insurance directly so that you don't have to, resulting in a hassle-free insurance claim process. Go Eco Restoration is determined to provide you with the peace of mind that you deserve from beginning to end of the restoration process.

Hawx Pest Control

With locations nationwide, Hawx Pest Control is proud to provide top-of-the-line pest control to our customers. Offering both home pest control and commercial pest control services, we placed our core values right in our name so that we’ll never forget what drives us. Hawx stands for: Honesty Attitude Work Ethic Excitement

Official Pest Prevention

Ever since January 1, 2000, Official Pest Prevention has been offering outstanding pest control service. Our state-licensed technicians are highly trained to perform a range of services, from chemical baiting and spraying to trapping and eco-friendly pest treatment. Whether you dealing with a simple removal job or an extensive extermination, you can count on us to come equipped with the resources to get it done. We also provide a full range of pest control options, including spider control and insect control for cockroaches, ants, wasps, and more. Our rodent control service takes care of rat and mice in your attic and after treatment we can inspect for entry points that need to be closed up as well. Call today for a free estimate, and make Official Pest Prevention your official pest control company.

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Organic general pest control, termite control & wood repair, organic agricultural tree, shrubs flowers pest control & organic nutrients, rodent exclusion & clean up of attic and sub areas, moisture control & mold remediation in sub areas.