BRIK-ART

Founded 1971 • With Angi since October 2008

12575 Lull Street

North Hollywood, CA 91605

Brik-Art, a Los Angeles, California corporation, is a manufacturing and masonry contracting firm dedicated to setting the very highest standards of quality service in most sectors of masonry design and implementation. Our distinctive product line of brick veneer, distinguished by its unparalleled array of corner pieces and color selection, coupled with our versatility in furnishing installation expertise, has fueled the company's growth by building a solid base of satisfied customers. We specialize in conceiving creative ideas and imaginative solutions for projects that range from the mundane to the magnificent. Since 1971 the company has offered imaginative solutions and problem-solving ideas throughout Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley by means of innovative fabrications and unique applications through superior service. CA LICENSE # 594941. SEE WEBSITE FOR ADDITIONAL SERVICES OFFERED....

07/18/2018

Barbara C.

Very well. Craig was busy but kept in touch regularly to let me know when he and his team would be available. Job was completed in one day to our satisfaction. Looks great! Craig checked in on the day of work and after it was complete to make sure it was done well.

Description of Work
removed and replaced mastic around pool (between stone and concrete); replaced stone that had loosened from step

09/11/2017

John M.

I probably wouldn't recommend them. They did an adequate job as I was on them the whole time. The job turned out fine, it was a lot of trouble throughout the thing. For someone else, they may do a good job. It was laborious because they were unorganized. It turned out fine. I know a lot about construction, so I was able to help throughout. The project ended up okay. There were some problems at the end, but we let it go.

Description of Work
They did a back, outside patio.

Category decks, hardscaping

I regard this as an unduly severe critique. I's say it was more than adequate, and that only "because he was on us the whole time?" Implication being he saved the project from being less than adequate? Mr. [Member Name Removed], have a look at our "A" ratings and decide if you think that maybe we just had a bad day. Then he goes on to say it "turned out fine." Then that it was a lot of trouble; I don't know what that means. And I brisk at the unorganized remark; I'd like a more detailed explanation of this.

08/23/2017

Bridget O.

That guy was very talented. I ended up not going with him. He was very nice. His bid was very reasonable. I ended up using another provider. No charge for the estimate. I ended up going with a different stone. Different, and collaborating with someone else. It worked out better.

Description of Work
He came out and gave me an bid.

02/27/2017

Nicholas H.

I had great experience with them. They were great.

Description of Work
Brik-Art fixed the outdoor drainage.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

05/05/2016

Deborah B.

EXCELLENT! After two contractor turn-downs (too busy to take our work), one way-over-priced quote, and two proposal no-shows, we were DELIGHTED with the responsiveness of Brik-Art's owner/president, Craig Beardsley, AND with his proposal for our job! My husband & I LOVED working with Craig & his entire crew, especially the crew supervisor, Charlie. With a job this size and varied, it was inevitable that clarifications & changes would be necessary along the way, and things went well every time. We really came to appreciate Craig's & Charlie's experience & expertise, as both made EXCELLENT suggestions to help us realize our vision for the project (including paver style selection), and the results drew compliments from both neighbors and passers-by! Hiccups were few and were handled efficiently. The crew arrived punctually every morning and immediately set to work - and worked hard all day. Charlie integrated the masonry work with my husband installing a drip system in the new planters, and with our wrought iron contractor for installation of a new driveway gate and front & back porch hand railings. Craig either came by the site or called almost every day. They were all pleasant, friendly & respectful, and cleaned up after each day's work. We were SO pleased with Brik-Art's work that another project soon took shape shortly thereafter - in fact, the Brik-Art crew is now working with us on another wall/fence replacement and planter for the back yard! I should mention that we believe we're "partners" with our contractors, and owe them our respect & attention as the job progresses - and that this is critical to the overall success of the job. At least one of us is always on site to answer questions or clarify details/instructions. We're a retired aerospace engineer & aerospace subcontract manager, and carefully wrote up our "job spec" - and STILL had much to re-consider & clarify as we went along. We appreciate the crew's labor in the hot S. Cal. sun, and provided a cooler full of cold drinks, and a shady place for the crew to have lunch.

Description of Work
1) Replaced 22-ft cinder block wall/fence; 2) Demolished 21-ft cinder block wall/fence & replaced w/51-ft wall w/end column (added stucco & owner-furnished decorative capstones); 3) Installed owner-furnished capstones to existing 23-ft wall; 4) Built decorative planters across front & N side of house; 5) Built "surround" for front-yard tree; 6) Completely replaced front porch steps & walkways with decorative pavers; 7) Built back-yard patio & walkways w/decorative pavers; 8) Paved an area on the S side of the house.

Category fencing, masonry, hardscaping, patios

05/03/2016

Deborah B.

Category fencing, masonry, hardscaping, patios

01/23/2016

Judith C.

The front stoop (right in front of the door) on my front porch had sunk so that, when it rained, water pooled right in front of the door. Craig's crew demolished the old stoop, bought used bricks that matched the ones on the porch, rebuilt the stoop and cleaned up everything perfectly---all in one day. It looks better than new!

Description of Work
Demolished and rebuilt a problematic front porch.

11/15/2015

JANENE B.

Everything went smoothly, from the creation of a great design to installation and clean up. The entire team was a delight to work with and everything was completed on time.

Description of Work
Replaced a large lawn section, walkway and garage pad with small retaining wall with brick work.

Category landscaping, masonry, hardscaping

11/11/2015

Steve C.

My experience with Craig Beardsley (Brik~Art) and his crew was a positive experience from beginning to end. Craig was very knowledgable and creative in helping me to use what I had to work with. He was able to transform our existing 1950's block retaining walls from unsightly to "like new." He also repaired the house exterior stucco imperfections before we had the house re-painted. I was very pleased with the outcome. Craig was very detailed in all aspects of our project and kept communication open throughout the job. His crew was prompt and timely in completing the job. I would definitely recommend Brik-Art and use them for future projects!

Description of Work
BrikArt repaired and stuccoed existing block retaining walls and built additional block walls. Repaired settlement cracks in existing exterior house stucco.

Category landscaping, masonry, hardscaping

11/05/2015

sharon P.

this was the second job we had Craig and his team do. After a great deal of thought, my husband and I decided to replace an existing brick wall that was not done properly with another brick wall (as opposed to wood or some other material) . We are glad we did. the wall was done right with the required footing (the old wall was not) and joined into the section of existing wall . the price was reasonable and the work completed in good time. It looks great and will be there for many years to come.

Description of Work
rebuilt a section of brick wall that had begun to lean and join it into the existing wall

11/04/2015

David C.

I hired Craig two times on my home build. He was kind and courteous. He was willing to work within my budget. His guys were very nice and respectful. The end result was exactly what I wanted. I will hire him again.

Description of Work
Installed brick facade on exterior wall. Laid brick floor for laundry room. Installed concrete bridge over water feature.

11/03/2015

Julie B.

Excellent. Craig and his team are very knowledable, honest, skilled, reliable, reasonable pricing, and a delight to work with. This is the 3rd job Brik Art have done for me. They also repaired a brick wall (that another Angies List contractor caused to collapse), and they rebuilt an outer brick wall of my home before that. I would definitely hire them again, and I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending them 100%!

Description of Work
Weather proofed the foundation to my house, installed a downspout, sealed brick wall, caulked exterior of house, graded 288 sq. ft of land on side of house, and installed window flashing window treatements.

Category gutter repair, masonry, foundation repair

11/03/2015

D H.

While prepping our home for sale, we desperately needed to improve the "curb appeal". The front facade of our traditional home is made of brick ,so a brick walkway made perfect sense. However, seeing that this was going to be the focal point of the home and knowing that project needed a true artist to match the old brick to the new, we had to be very careful to hire the right people that shared our vision. I used Angie's List to weed out the rookies and was left with 3 companies. All 3 came to the house with bids but only one showed up with ideas... Thank you Brik-Art ! ! ! Craig and his team worked hard to create an 80 foot walkway that meandered beautifully through our front yard. Even better , they took the time to match the color of the new and old brick - not an easy task. I encourage you (the reader) to take a look at the house (514 Monte Vista Rd, Arcadia) for your self. Bonus = Craig and his team were on time and on budget.... one less thing to worry about when you have 6 or 7 other projects going while trying to sell your home. Can not thank you guys enough!

Description of Work
Brik-Art designed, then laid down a herring bone patterned brick walkway from street curb to our front door.

06/15/2015

SEYMA L.

The front of the house was bricked up. Due to termites some of the siding had to be taken off. That left about 3 feet of stucco that needed to be taken care of. I needed to decide if I wanted to do the rest of the siding with brick. He said he could do the brick as well as fax art work. He came with the contract and had the picture with the fax art work. When he came with contract and had pictures of his fax art work. I saw a picture of his work and said that wasn?t what I wanted. I showed him the picture one more time and he said that he had it already and knew how to do it. He sent his men over to finish placing brick work. The next day he brought the materials to do the work. He was teaching he helpers how to do the work. I went inside for a little while came back out and the helpers were working on the art work. Craig turned to me and told me that I needed to keep an eye on them to make sure they are doing what I wanted. I went back inside for a while longer and then came back out and they were all working on something different and it looks horrible. I called the company and they responded to me that they are masons not artists. I then called Craig and he said that he knows how to do it. I asked him for addresses of his work he wouldn?t provide any but would send me a board to show me that he could do it. Once I got the example and it was a picture of the fireplace he initially showed me that I told him that I didn?t want it the first place. I was finally able to find someone that can do the work for me and the new guy told me that he thought I did it and made the possess worse.

Description of Work
They were to do brick work and place a fax art work on the new brick.

Category masonry

We were asked to finish putting brick veneer on a house front and to replicate the appearance of a house of which the owner provided a picture. We placed the brick and the crew began to apply a faux (I believe the reviewer meant to use the work "faux" rather than "fax," although I can't be certain she knows the difference between faux and fax) treatment. When the owner decided she wasn't happy, we halted work and I provided a 6 sq. ft. panel that looked exactly like her photography but she wanted to part ways. She hired a plasterer who was to charge her three to four times as much as my bid and attempted to have me accept a very low payment that would allow her to keep things within her budget. I objected that to this affect, named a fair price, which she accepted. I know we could have completed the job most satisfactorily for the very same reasons she had faith in us initially but she wouldn't and instead broke the terms of our contract. (Apparently some people believe a contract isn't a contract.) Brik-Art enjoys dozens upon dozens of strait A reports and near straight A reports that come from being as diligent as possible in trying really, really hard to please people. We've been in business for over forty years and I personally have been part of that, working for literally thousands of homeowners, developers, general contractors, designers, etc. We work hard to forge a good reputation. One odd report consisting of straight F's from one individual obviously doesn't square with our many straight A's. The fact that I was paid for the larger portion of the work speaks volumes about how unreasonable a report of straight F's is. Its illogical and emotional and is libellous.

06/06/2015

sharon P.

Craig is very easy to work with, gave us lots of choices as to how to proceed and estimates for all possible choices. The work was done on time, on budget and looks great. will definitely use Brikart again.

Description of Work
rebuild a chunk of brick wall, demolish another wall.

04/23/2015

Andrea E.

They left the area clean and neat. It took them three days to complete it.

Description of Work
They repaired a step.

Category decks

12/08/2014

SARINA S.

Punctual, professional and courteous. Did more than do the work, suggested interesting options.

Description of Work
He suggested and provided a solution to making an old unattractive concrete staircase very attractive. He matched the look of the bricks on my pool and his men did a beautiful job putting brick facings on the stairs. They also fixed some cracks in other brick work on my property.

12/06/2014

Fung L.

Very responsive and helpful

Description of Work
remodeled a fireplace

Category masonry, fireplaces

12/01/2014

Stephen H.

After getting three quotes for the work, Craig's bid was the lowest by a large margin. This made us a little nervous but based on his Angie's List reputation we were comfortable with giving him the work. We could not have been more pleased. Craig matched the existing brick nearly perfectly and worked with us to set the slope of the wall to our liking. The work was done promptly and professionally, he even brokered a deal on repairing a portion of our neighbors drive next to the wall that had been damaged by a root from a large tree on our property where we split the cost for that work. He was very easy to work with, we would highly recommend him for any masonry work.

Description of Work
Extended brick retaining wall in the front yard. Repaired damage to neighbor's drive caused by roots from our tree.

Category masonry, hardscaping

11/26/2014

Alan T.

Easy to work with, professional. job done as promised - no complaints... i would recommend to others without hesitation

Description of Work
replace fireplace masonry

Category masonry, fireplaces

11/25/2014

Deborah V.

Everyone at Brik-Art was wonderful about every detail -- from the initial discussions (great input about aesthetics and creative details) through every last moment of cleanup. We were very particular about wanting vintage brick, and having minimal old paint or mortar on the bricks. They helped us in sourcing and acquiring bricks from a 1930s Pasadena house that was being razed, then they were very creative in the laborious process of removing the excess paint/mortar. The installation went smoothly and quickly, and the team was very professional. I highly recommend Craig and his fantastic team!

Description of Work
Brik-Art extended our brick patio into our yard, replaced our wooden bender-board (around our raised garden beds) with brick, and created three new raised garden beds around the patio.

Category masonry, woodworking, patios

11/09/2014

Jerome S.

We called BrikArt, Craig Beardsley, for an estimate on our small job. The owner responded in a timely manner, made an appointment to visit our property and was on time for the appointment. His bid was reasonable given two other estimates we requested. He was articulate, gave specific details of how the job would unfold and answered our questions in an informed manner. We asked him to do fabricate the wall which was completed on time, with no mess to pick up after. The work was first rate.

Description of Work
Constructed a Single Wythe Brick Retaining Wall with Reinforced Concrete Backfill at Paving

Category concrete repair, landscaping, masonry, hardscaping

08/29/2014

Nancy W.

The job went great. I was tricky matching new brickwork with old existing brick work and they did a great job. The owner has strong artistic eye for what will look good, and he keeps a permanent crew of skilled workers, so you don't have to worry about workmen who are pulled off the street for the day working on your house. The owner checks on the job site frequently and makes sure the customer is happy. I was impressed by their responsiveness to phone calls, timeliness of showing up and completing the job, and the quality of work. They were a pleasure to work with and I give this company my strongest recommendation. All my neighbors are impressed with how good my house looks now from the outside. Calling Brik-Art was a very good move.

Description of Work
They added a brick veneer to the elevated front and sides of my front porch and brick veneer to a large masonry planter box on the front of my house. They also added decorative brick ribbons to my existing front walkway, and created a matching flower bed area with one course of bricks to mirror an existing flower bed area on the other side of the driveway.

Category masonry, hardscaping

06/29/2014

EVA O.

Brik-Art had done some great rock wall repair work for us several years ago, so when we needed to have a long crack and several smaller cracks in our sloping front concrete driveway repaired, I called Craig. He responded very promptly. I really didn't want to replace the driveway. Craig had a very good solution for us to cut the concrete along the cracks and add pavers. But considering the Crescenta rock walls in our front yard, he gave much thought on how to carry the rock theme rather than adding yet another element. He found the perfect solution with flat rocks very similar to the ones we had in our walls. The result is very artistic and I had to tell him that I just loved the look. And of course it fixed the problem of the cracks. His work force is punctual, very hard-working, and leaves the work area completely clean after the work is done. Craig is on the scene at all times to address any questions as they might come up. I have already recommended him to many of my family, friends and co-workers and will continue to do so. I recommend Brik-Art unconditionally.

Description of Work
Repaired several cracks in inclined front driveway. Replaced some footing under rock wall in back yard.

Category concrete repair, masonry, hardscaping

05/03/2014

Robert M.

Everything was fine. Lots of nice ideas and advice at our meeting in my yard reinforced what I already new and added some value as well. Never actually emailed me the sketch/estimate he was supposed to however. I guess he wasn't interested or maybe he got the idea I wouldn't go for the price. If so, he could be right. Or maybe he only does much larger or expensive jobs and my flight of steps didn't qualify. I supposed I'll never know, but no great harm done. I'll just try something else. The information which goes into this review is quite sparse as 3 of the 5 criteria are not applicable. Update after 5/4/14 Brik-Art response asking for another replay: Hi Craig. Thank you for all your good efforts. Other than my notes saying the meeting was just a shade tad earlier (4/21) everything jives here. The situation on your end is well explained and all appears accurate. I just got tired of marking it forward on my calendar repeatedly and I finally gave up hope so I could move on. Then Angie's prompted me to review so I did one. The only available higher grade I could have given you would have been an "A". Obviously, that's not the situation here. The B is charitable enough and I'm sorry you interpret any non-A as drastically negative. The individual scored criteria were also very reasonable and I rounded a D and a B to a B as well. Other than deleting the feedback, I can't envision a way to do better. If you absolutely demand perfect scores, you really do have to be just that .. perfect. You did fine given the difficult circumstances you describe. Perfect No. (btw I really like insistence on perfection in a contractor, it's the very best trait I can think of. Being easy going is also high up on my list, you're not there yet on that one).

Description of Work
Discussed some ideas and proposed to estimate a cost of a flight of approx 6 foot high concrete, broom-swept-finish steps up a hillside in my back yard.

Category concrete repair, masonry

I have every intention of providing the member with a bid. I visited his house on Wednesday, April 23, and due to unusual work load plus a personal kitchen project I've been unable to yet provide him with a bid. I have the estimate ready to write and will have sent it by sometime tomorrow, Monday, May 5th. I spent at least an hour with him, offered some good ideas, and have every interest in the job. I cannot understand why he wouldn't contact me to ask about the status of the bid rather than quickly rushing to a negative review. For all he knows, I emailed the bid and it got lost in cyberspace. Very frequently I have to call prospective customers when I don't receive confirmation of a successfully sent bid via email just to be sure the bid was received. All too often is was received but snared by a filter. I would like to think he would give us the benefit of the doubt. And since this is now a public matter, I humbly request that the member respond to my response for authenticate these facts. Thanks, in advance. I work harder than he can possibly know to cultivate a positive profile. Just look at our other reviews. Thanks.

Prime Tile Works LLC

Legacy Home Builders Inc

A Family Tradition since 1934. Here at Legacy Home Builders, we truly are a family business. As a third generation contractor, we pride ourselves on quality work at a fair price. We specialize in additions, kitchen and bath remodeling, roofing and siding, pavers and concrete, as well as custom home building. Call us today for your free consultation.

Feel At Home Builders & Design

Specialties: As a full service local home remodeling company, Feel At Home Builders & Design is fully licensed, bonded, and insured to build any new residential construction and remodel any indoor or outdoor area of your home. While offering our home remodeling services, we know that homeowners want to see what they’re getting before the job even begins. For this reason, we offer exquisite 3D design plans so you can see the end in the beginning. Our workers are highly experienced in detailed craftsmanship for all your remodeling needs, including: Additions, room extensions, outdoor remodeling, creative pool design, firepits, electrical, tile, masonry cement and brickwork including pavers, hardscape and waterscape, painting, custom decks and patios, flooring, roofing, turf and all types of creative landscaping. Our company has been family owned & operated since 1992 allowing us to not only have more than 25+ years of proper industry skill sets, but we also learn as fast as the construction world is changing. Most importantly, we listen to your needs while allowing our experience to give you different options to turn your dream into a reality. History: Established in 1992, catering to each client individually is what makes Feel At Home Builders & Design stand out. Feel At Home Builders & Design is a licensed general contracting company with over 25 years of industry experience building and remodeling different types of uniquely designed homes throughout Southern California. Our honor and loyalty to our customers ensure that every single customer of ours get a creative and beautifully detailed home remodel from start to finish. We originally formed Feel At Home Builders & Design because we had so much more to offer than just “industry standards”. We sincerely took every golden nugget of feedback from every customer we have ever worked with and evolved our company into a high-tech home remodeling company.

Check, PayPal

STRUCTURAL BLOCK, FULL BRICK & BRICK VENEERS, STRUCTURAL CONCRETE/FOOTINGS, FLATWORK IN COLOR, EXPOSED AGGREGATE & OTHER FINISHES, BRICK & CONCRETE INTERLOCKING PAVERS, GLASS BLOCK, RUBBLE & DIMENSIONAL STONE & ROCK. NATURAL, PANELIZED & FAUX, SLATE, TILE. HARDSCAPES.