Around The Clock Appliance Repair

Founded 1967 • With Angi since July 2005

7216 Varna Ave

North Hollywood, CA 91605

We service and repair refrigerators, washers, dryers, stoves & ovens, dishwashers, microwaves. We don't repair small appliances like toasters, watches, blenders, etc.

07/10/2018

Charles W.

I had an antique Seth Thomas mantle clock repaired. It now works fine and keeps pretty good time, considering it's over 150 years old.

Description of Work
Repair of mantle clock

Category appliance repair, watch repair

06/28/2018

Barbara L.

The work, diagnosis and repairs were excellent. Only issue had to wait 2.5 days and with a refrigerator that is hard.

Description of Work
repair refrigerator

05/30/2018

Gregory S.

good..but will need new dishwasher in time

Description of Work
dishwasher repair

05/27/2018

Carmela Y.

I initially thought it was a freon issue but it was the "contact" to start/stop the compressor. It was quickly replaced. This was in addition to the bi-annual service agreement with the company.

Description of Work
Air coming out of airduct was not cold.

03/29/2018

Babak D.

went well, they ordered the part and got the repair done on time

Description of Work
fix dishwasher

01/08/2018

Cynthia C.

The repairperson announced when he arrived that there would be a minimum labor charge of $250. (Of course, this had not been disclosed to me when I made the appointment. The only mention of a minimum charge was $65 service call charge, which was fine. ) I could not tell if he meant that this charge would apply only if he used a part that I had preordered. I asked what he meant and he went around and around without a clear response. He lectured me on how labor charges work. He also seemed unclear about what work needed to be done. I finally asked him to leave. I called the office and the person who answered the phone (Max?) continued telling me about minimum charges. He finally agreed that it was not right to fail to disclose a minimum labor charge, which I do appreciate. I am still not sure what their policy is. I think they apply a minimum "labor charge" plus a minimum "service charge", but perhaps only when they are not able to mark up a part that they supply. In any case, this was too unclear for me to deal with as a customer and I don't like the lack of straightforward disclosure. If they cannot use a part that I have preordered, that is fine, but then just explain the fees clearly.

Description of Work
repair Viking stove ignition

11/08/2017

Clyde R.

He was excellent. The price was very reasonable. That repair was very good. He got here just on the nose.

Description of Work
He did appliance repair. I couldn’t lock the door to the dishwasher and he fixed that.

11/08/2017

Clyde R.

He was excellent and always very punctual. He got here just on the nose.

Description of Work
I had a garbage disposal installed and I ran it the first time and it flooded the counter, so he had to come back and fix that.

10/11/2017

Jennifer G.

The technician arrived on the early side of the window and was pleasant and quick. Unfortunately, when quoting the price of $225 to repair my washer, he told me about half of that was for the part, and half was labor. When I called my local parts store and found out that the part only costs $40, I knew I was dealing with a shady company. Yes, I understand they need to mark up to make money. But over a 100% markup? That's ridiculous. I would rather have had him told me that the labor was so expensive, but he told me that a $40 part costs $112.50. That's straight up lying. When I called to complain, I got a big lecture on how business make money. Apparently, this business makes money by marking up goods and services by 100%. This was my first time using Angie's list, and I had hoped it would yield reputable companies to work with. I was clearly wrong, and tremendously disappointed.

Description of Work
Washing machine is leaking water - needed to diagnose and fix.

09/26/2017

Vinay L.

The technician was straightforward: he basically took a look and after a few minutes declared that neither appliance could be fixed. In the case of the stove top, he mentioned that the brand (CREDA) is very good but parts are generally unavailable; and that he would have to take apart the whole thing and it would run to a minimum of $500 (and this doesn't include fixing the exhaust, which was not working properly). With respect to the oven (Kitchen Aid), he likewise came to the conclusion that it could not be repaired. But a separate service fee of $65 was charged for each appliance though no repairs were done, except that one of the burners was cleaned and the flame was brought back to full strength. The receptionist who did the booking described the $65 as a "travel" and "diagnostic" fee, but two separate fees cannot and must not be charged in such a case when no repairs were done. If I had declined to do the repair, the fee might conceivably be justified; but in this case the technician said that neither repair could be done. The pricing of this company is atrocious and I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND the company to anyone.

Description of Work
I had two appliances that needed to be repaired, a stove top (cooking range) and an oven.

Category appliance repair

When a customer initially calls our company, we provide them with the EXACT service charge over the phone. It is the customers right to opt out from booking an appointment if they feel that it is too expensive. You were told the two service charges for two of your separate units over the phone and you STILL went ahead with our company. After diagnosing the issues for both units, you chose to not have them fixed due to the price. Our technician went ahead and cleaned your burners for no charge (which isn't a simple job). We didn't charge you for labor because you are one of our old customers. I'm sorry that you felt that you should have paid less; however, you knew exactly what you were paying before we came out.

08/23/2017

Linda L.

They promptly affixed a wire that had fallen into the fan blades. Replaced freon and switch.

Description of Work
AC unit making noise; not cooling properly

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

07/09/2017

Alison B.

The technician was very knowledgeable and personable. He was prompt and respectful. He took the time to explain the systems, our options, and the work/service performed. We were so happy with this service that we will be continuing with this company for regular central air maintenance.

Description of Work
Maintenance and repair of central air systems in three apartments.

06/13/2017

Janice B.

The gentleman from Around the Clock arrived on time. He was able to quickly diagnose the problems with the units and fix them. He also changed the filters. Excellent service and reasonable price. I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
We needed to have 2 air conditioning units fixed. One condensing unit was not shutting off. One air conditioner and two thermostats were not working.

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

05/05/2017

Randy V.

Beware of the show! Seems like the repairman made a big deal about the problem and was not sure how to fix the oven. He then gave a worse case scenario that the control board could be bad and he had issues with accessing the components. Given that he said that could be $320 and if he needed to move the oven that would be an extra $150. Thinking about the price of the components I though maybe this is OK. I also showed him why moving the oven was not necessary so he did not push on this. He then asked me if I agreed to the $320 estimate which I was stuck with and as soon as I did the show ended and he seemed to know exactly how to fix it. All it was a blown thermal fuse. They charged me $65 for that part that lists for $22 from the manufacturer. The repair took him 45 minutes. Given that it was not a expensive component and not very much time you would think they would be honest and lower the fee. But of course he did not. I was stuck with the $320 bill. Not going to use them again.

Description of Work
Professional Kitchenaid oven/range needed repair.

04/24/2017

Paul C.

It went great! Extremely helpful in planning and installing a single unit 4 zone system with an amazing air filtration system. We see them twice a year to maintain the system and when we had an issue with one vent, they took care of it with problems.

Description of Work
Replaced a double unit HVAC system from 1986 that had died.

04/14/2017

william B.

They were good. What stood out was that the guy was professional and efficient basically.

Description of Work
They looked at a dishwasher.

04/10/2017

Ronald S.

The man explained the problem clearly and the solution choices.

Description of Work
washing machine repair that others had not been able to solve.

03/27/2017

ARLINE W.

I was very pleased with the service and 8 months later it is still working great. The new models have doubled in price.

Description of Work
The built-in microwave stopped working and the magnetron tube had to be replaced.

Category appliance repair, small appliance repair

11/29/2016

JACQUELYN M.

Appointment set up was fast and easy. Leon came out ad arranged, and the whole thing was finished in an hour or so. The price seemed a tad high for such a short call and inexpensive part, but overall great!

Description of Work
Diagnosed dishwasher leak. Replaced air gap.

10/17/2016

Alex K.

The technician was very punctual and came exactly at the agreed time. He quickly diagnosed the problem and offered 2 options: fix the existing pump or purchase new. Since the dishwasher is fairly old I've decided to go with the 'fix'. He quickly disconnected the failed motor and found a piece of metal that was preventing the pump to work. Then, put all back together and the dishwasher started to work.

Description of Work
My dishwasher was broken which caused the water not being drained after the wash cycle.

10/10/2016

Michelle T.

Great! The repairman was on time, efficient, and professional. He took care of the problem. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Repair clothes washer that wasn't draining properly

09/20/2016

Margie M.

It was wonderful. The technician, Oleg, was the best I have ever had. He listened to the problems we were having with it and solved the problem very quickly. He also gave me an excellent resource for appliance parts nearby. I had purchased a discount coupon on Angie's List and it was accepted.

Description of Work
Dryer repair.

08/22/2016

Marlene L.

Good! Oleg was very helpful and the price was very reasonable. I was expecting to have him tell me I needed to buy a new one. The fact that he repaired it same day was a big help.

Description of Work
Washing machine repair

08/22/2016

Bernard W.

It went well. Based on my research on google, there are 2 possible area that may cause the icemaker to not work. Now I could do a "trial and error" to figure out if I have a bad ice maker or I have a bad water module but that would be costly and time consuming. Got this $40 deal from Angie's list. The guy came out and was able to tell us that the ice maker is kaput. Gave us an estimate of $300 for parts and labor to fix (To which we all laughed.. but that's how it works!) Not gonna spend $300 to repair the icemaker in a 10 yrs old Fridge that is worth a few hundred bucks on craigslist. I was able to ordere the ice maker online for $35 and watch youtube video of step-by-step. 10 mins is all it took for do-it-myself and VIOLA!! It works now!! This was a GREAT $40 deal and I highly recommend these guys.

Description of Work
Ice Maker broken in Fridge

08/09/2016

JOE S.

It went fine, given that no work was done. He came, diagnosed the problem (it was the dryer vent, not the dryer), recommended a way to test to make sure the dryer itself was working, and recommended I call a duct-cleaning company (they themselves do not do that work).

Description of Work
Clothes dryer was not working properly

CAL CLIMATE CORP

Cal Climate is family owned and operated, bringing a personal touch to everything we do. In 1970, founder Andrew "Andy" Sauer started the company with a simple vision - provide friendly, reliable service and products. Andy knew that Cal Climate would succeed by building a reputation based on going the extra distance. His sons, Tom and Bob, continue to carry on that awesome tradition today. We take pride in the fact that 90% of our new business comes from referral's. Please if you have any further questions or you would like to schedule a service call or a free installation appointment please contact us

Offers Coupon

Canoga Park Heating & Air Conditioning

When you live in the San Fernando Valley area, finding the best HVAC contractor to keep your home or business comfortable is definitely important. Fortunately, area residents can enjoy a comfortable indoor environment, year-round, when they rely on Canoga Park Heating & Air Conditioning for all of their HVAC and home comfort needs. As a business that has been family owned since 1963, we take pride in offering exceptional heating and cooling services throughout the area. Our business was built on our commitment of providing local businesses and homeowners with quality HVAC services delivered by professional technicians who have been trained to the highest standards. Whether you own a home or business in Canoga Park or one of the surrounding communities, you can trust our NATE certified technicians to provide the very best heating, cooling and home comfort services. In fact, with NATE certified technicians, you are always assured of receiving experienced serviced technicians who have been trained and evaluated to ensure the highest quality HVAC repairs, installation and maintenance. NATE certification is becoming the hallmark of the top heating and cooling technicians; when you want the best, insist that your HVAC system is entrusted only to technicians who have reached this level of expertise. Of course, at Canoga Park Heating & Air Conditioning, our experienced service technicians can handle much more than just basic heating and air conditioning service. Whether you need air conditioner repairs in a hurry or you have an emergency heating need, you can be sure that one of our professional technicians will be dispatched promptly and will have the necessary tools, training and experience to ensure your problem is resolved as quickly as possible.

RR Electric Heating & Air

Established in 1995. We operate a fleet of vans with professional technicians who provide a full range of Electrical, Heating, Air Conditioning and Water Heater services. Over the years, we have consistently delivered the best quality assistance in electrical, heating, air conditioning and water heater services. If you are looking for a professional company, contact RR Electric, Heating & Air Conditioning. We guarantee fast, friendly and reliable help from qualified specialists. From simple repairs and service to installation of new systems. We have years of proven experience with all types of electrical, heating, air conditioning and water heater systems. We service and install all makes and models. We are a full service company that offers a wide variety of services. Call any day...any time...and speak to a live representative! Call us now (855) 534-4957

Offers Coupon