Chan Ho Plumbing, Heating, & Air-Conditioning

North Hills, CA 91343

Plumber, HVAC

06/09/2015

Michael N.

I had purchased a toilet and made an appointment initially to have it installed on May 31st. Last minute he cancelled due to a plumbing emergency. It was rescheduled for today June 9th. After calling to confirm I again was told he had to cancel due to a plumbing emergency and wanted to reschedule for Friday. He apologized and stated that he does take emergency calls. He had no regard for our appointment times.. No customer service here.

Description of Work
Nothing. I will be seeking another plumber

02/04/2015

Sandra S.

Description of Work
Replaced shower diverter in bathroom. Replaced old mop sink, p-trap & faucet fixture in garage. Very professional & competent. Worked with old plumbing, which was cranky. Chan Ho and his assistant were great. Initial communication through texts. Highly recommend & will call on him when next the plumbing gods trouble me.

01/13/2015

Xuong D.

Description of Work
Chan came over and fixed up my condenser. It was old, but Chan and company did a good job. He was reasonable and friendly. The only thing that I have a problem with was the communication with him to come and work. It took many back and fourth to be able to get him to come out. I don't know if that was because he was busy, but I did not really like that. I tried to call him out a second time for plumbing because I like him and again it took a long while for him to respond to me. And when he finally responded, he can't even do it for 2 weeks. I wound up not using him. Great service, reasonable pricing and friendliness to boot, if you can get through to him and have him do the work.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

12/18/2014

Suzanne E.

Description of Work
We had a big leak under the raised portion of our house. They replaced the corroded pipe.

11/22/2014

Anne L.

I already had an adequate faucet and shutoff valve that could be used. He didn't use either one because he wanted to use his, saying that they were better or industrial. I didn't say I wanted to use better parts; I just wanted to use up the parts I had. A. The faucet I left for him to use was better than the old drippy one, and B. The shutoff valve I left for him to use was better than not having one (because it didn't have one before) It was my decision to make, not his. By using the parts he had, he partially defeated the purpose of having him come over in the first place. Additionally, he put an extender between the valve and faucet, saying that they were in the way of each other. However, they wouldn't be in the way of each other if the valve was on the side of the piping instead of the top. The extender brought the faucet too far out so that I had to make adjustment to accommodate a lattice screen set (in concrete) in front of the plumbing works. I wasn't home to stop him. That was several months ago, and I'm still bothered by it. I don't know what I'm going to do with the parts he didn't use, and I'm still not done adjusting my screen in front of the faucet that he extended out. I expect him to follow instructions and not just do what he wants to do. He can make suggestions to resolve problems, but he should not make decisions that belong to the homeowner.

Description of Work
replaced outdoor faucet because old one dripping. installed shutoff valve because that particular faucet did not have one

06/10/2014

Terry N.

I just love him. I tell him something not okay, and he has me take a picture and text it to him. He's very efficient. Like, I had a drip in my bathtub and he told me to take a picture of the fixtures, because he wanted to know the brand name, so he could get a washer for it, before he came out. It's so high tech. We're texting, and he's going to get the parts before he comes. It's very nice. His prices are real reasonable. Every time I call a plumber from a big chain, it came out to a thousand dollars, by the time they left. I will definitely be using him in the future.

Description of Work
He fixed my dripping bathtub fixtures. He also tightened two faucets in the kitchen and fixed a melted flushing mechanism in the toilet.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

05/15/2014

S D.

Called him to fix my shower. He said for me to take picture and text him picture and details. Took picture and texted him details. He never got back to me. I don't like having my time wasted.

Description of Work
Called him to do service

02/11/2014

Terry N.

I really like him. I text him and I say my tub is dripping and it won't shut off, and he told me to take a picture of it. I took a picture of it and he decided the fixture was Price Pfister so he didn't have to come look at it. He got the part before he got to the house. He's really efficient. I love him! He's really reasonable. Every time I was calling a plumber before it was $1,000. He really got it going and he knows what he is doing.

Description of Work
I used Chan Ho Plumbing, Heating, & Air-Conditioning for plumbing services a month ago because my tub was dripping. He unclogged a sink that wasn't draining, and I think he charged me $20 for that. He got the parts before he got there, and knew the brand name.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

03/03/2013

Desiree D.

Description of Work
We had a valve go bad in our shower and so we couldn't turn on the hot water. I used Angie's List to find a local Plummer I could hopefully trust and I was very happy with Chan Ho. He's a nice guy and was able to fix it easy. He quoted me $150 over the phone and that is just what he charged. I would call him again.

10/05/2012

Ken A.

In my bathroom water was coming out from the bottom of the wall. It was completely saturated. I thought a pipe had burst within the wall and feared the worst. I called ANOTHER plumbing company that also specializes in water damage. They came, looked under house (and by looked I mean peeked their head into the crawlspace. They didn't go all the way under the house). The plumber shined a flashlight, took a photo of water dripping from pipes, came back out and told me that I need ALL NEW DRAIN PIPES. He said they were all bad. He quoted me at 3700.00 and then starting teeing up the possibility of needING to repair the water line that runs to the street. That'd be $$$$. I told this guy I needed to discuss with me wife, he said, "that's okay, I'll wait." I said no I need time, I'll get back to you. I was almost bullied into it. He left and I called CHAN HO PLUMBING. Chan has been to my place before and I think he's great. As mentioned, I had called the other company in case their was lots of water damage. It turns out there wasn't and I should've just called Chan to begin with. Chan came and within 2 minutes suggested the problem might caused by the bathtub's overflow. He went under the house (all the way under, not just a head peek) and indeed diagnosed the bathtub's overflow to be the problem. It was no properly connected to the drain pipe and thus was trickling in the wall. Chan said 200.00. He poured water down the overflow and it visibly leaked under the house. He replaced the bathtub overflow and the leaking stopped. Job done! Mission accomplished. Then I opened the door for what shady plumbers would salivate for -- I said, "I think my drain pipes under the house may be bad too?" Chan said, no they are fine. In fact, he crawled back under the house (all the way under, not just sticking his head through) came back out and confirmed that the drain pipes were all fine and the leak had stopped. He saved me thousands. He's my first and only call from now on.

Description of Work
After another plumber wanted 4,000 dollars to replace all my drain pipes under the house, Chan Ho came to the rescue and fixed my leak for 200 dollars. He is so honest and so good at what he does --- shame on me for not calling him first.

08/28/2012

Annie H.

Chan and his assistant did a great job switching out my old, busted water heater with a nice, new one, and sealed three toilets. His prices were very reasonable and I'm very happy with the work they performed. I'm glad to have found a reliable and affordable plumber, he will be my go-to guy from now on.

Description of Work
Chan replaced my water heater and sealed three toilets.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

05/19/2012

Karen H.

This was not an emergency; we have a second bathroom. We have used Mr. Chan Ho before and was willing to wait for him to come the next day. Sometimes people don't like to come out for small jobs, but as Mr. Ho said, sometimes a small job leads to a big job. We very much want to be a continued customer as Mr. Ho also works on air conditioning.

Description of Work
Water was not filling properly in the toilet water tank. Forgot to ask the name of the part replaced.

05/02/2012

marion W.

Chan Ho was punctual and extremely professional. He arrived on time and was able to complete the repairs immediately. He was efficient and very clean. He explained everything he did.

Description of Work
Gas shut off valve installed, main water line pressure valve, replaced, and main water line hose bib replaced.

02/06/2012

Vahe M.

After reading the Angieslist reviews, I called a couple of plumbers, plus an acquaintance who had done a lot of work for me in the past. Chan Ho's estimate came in slightly lower and he showed some willingness to be flexible with his price without any hardnosed negotiation, so I was able to keep some money in my pocket. He was courteous, friendly, respectful and professional and treated me like a neighbor. He consulted me on the best way to configure the plumbing, which I appreciate as a weekend warrior. Even though I know I could have done this project myself, he saved me a couple trips to the hardware store and hours of labor and aggravation, I'm sure. It took him about 1 1/2 hours to complete. That's what I like -- prompt arrival, personality with no attitude, professional work, and rapid, tidy completion of the work at a reasonable price. Even though his assistant seemed to be doing most of the actual labor, they worked as a team and were an efficient pair. I cannot vouch for him on large scale projects, since this was a small project, but I was very pleased to have met him and worked with him. I will call him for future services, if need be.

Description of Work
Installation of DWP Sub-Meter

11/02/2011

Karen H.

We are very pleased with Mr. Chan Ho's professionalism. He explains things as they go along. He listens and explains why we had the problems, what was fixed, what in the future we may need to do. We were very pleased to find a reliable plumber and extremely pleased to find one who can also handle our air conditioning issues.

Description of Work
Mr. Chan Ho had just cleared our sewer line and we decided to go ahead and replace the piece of pipe giving us trouble. It was a two day job and both days they finished earlier than estimated . On the first day while his crew was digging, Mr. Chan Ho snaked a slow draining sink, tightened the bathtub handles, fixed a leaking toilet, and because he has a license for air conditioning, went on our roof and checked the air conditioner!

10/22/2011

Karen H.

We were extremely pleased with Mr. Chan Ho's professionalism, and we will use him when we replace the last part of the sewer line.

Description of Work
Over the years we have used two different plumbers to clear our sewer line depending on who was available. In the last eighteen months our toilet backed up three times, we used both plumbers, and this last time we decided to used Mr. Chan Ho for the first time. I called first thing in the morning, and he arrived in the early afternoon. He cleared the sewer line and used a camera to show us what the problem was. The plumbers had never gone far enough, and the roots at the end of the line were now too thick to cut. We also discovered that the plumber who changed the sewer line many years ago had not gone as far as he had told us.

Pacific Plumbing & Rooter

Dalinghaus Construction, Inc

Our foundation repair, concrete lifting, and support or anchoring products are manufactured to the highest standards, comply with the industry’s strictest guidelines and have been tested by over 100 major structural repair contractors throughout North America. Installation of any product comes with a manufacturer’s warranty along with our own in-house written, transferable warranty! We continuously deliver on a promise to offer great quality and service to our customers. We are consistently implementing the ever-changing methods and technology that present themselves in the construction industry. With our customer’s goals and expectations as our primary company focus, we will continuously strive to better ourselves and our company. We truly respect and appreciate each customer’s project like it is our very own. Our promise to you: We “NEVER SETTLE” for anything but the BEST! For more information or to schedule your inspection, call today!

Design Everest

Design Everest is a leading supplier of engineering and design services for residential and commercial construction in California. We are dedicated to providing high-quality with project delivery on schedule and within budget. Established in 2005, we have expanded throughout the state of California and developed into a one-stop shop for residential and commercial projects. Our list of services includes structural engineering, civil engineering, architectural drafting, mechanical, electrical, plumbing engineering (MEP), title 24 energy calculations, as-built, building scanning, structural evaluation, permitting, construction support and more. We help our customers throughout the whole life-cycle of the project. We also have a dedicated Construction Support team to address all your construction related queries for a quick turn around on your project. Design Everest can help you manage every step of your project with timely delivery while staying in your budget.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express