Compare Carpets & Hardfloors Inc

Founded 1984 • With Angi since July 2005

2075 Tandem Way

Norco, CA 92860

Residential and commercial flooring sales/installation experts, custom granite & quartz counters, custom showers, complete bathroom renovations. Family owned & operated since 1984. From 1 room of Carpet, to a 200 unit apartment building, we can cover it. Our installers are licensed professionals,

01/15/2018

Deb M.

perfectly - from selection of carpets, removal of old, installation and payment.

Description of Work
needed a few rooms recarpeted

Category carpet installation

Thank You for taking the time to give Compare a review. We appreciate it very much and look forward to working any future Flooring, Custom Counters & Backsplash, or Shower projects with you.

10/04/2016

Clay W.

It was truly a pleasure dealing with Compare Carpets. The entire process, from selecting our carpet to installation, was wonderful. Jay was professional, courteous, and helpful in everything from helping us select the ideal carpet for our home, to the in-home visit to measure, to addressing all our questions and concerns. The installers were professional, efficient, and personable. They took great care with our furniture and did a great clean up following the installation. This company takes quality and customer service seriously. We highly recommend Compare Carpets and Hardwood, Inc..

Description of Work
Purchase and installation of new carpet in our home.

11/25/2015

Jessica C.

Estimated went great. Very punctual. Email correspondence... Ehh... The email correspondence with the official estimate went great. However, setting up the appointment to get it done didn't go as well. He offered me a date and time and when I responded that I would like to take it I never got a confirmation email, despite my sending 3 emails to confirm. This turned out to be a problem since the day and date didn't match. He said Monday the 24th. Well Monday was the 23rd. So on Monday after waiting for around 1.5 hours I called again (I had called at 8:45am but they were not open yet) and discovered I wasn't on the calendar until Tuesday. -_- On Tuesday Jimmy showed up and he was FABULOUS! He ripped out my old carpet and installed my new quickly (and it looks beautiful). He showed up on time and was very professional. He even answered all the questions I threw at him, really he was just wonderful!!! All in all, despite the scheduling problem, I would definitely use them again (especially if I was lucky enough to get Jimmy).

Description of Work
Came and gave an estimated. Then installed 40 sq yards of carpet.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Thank You for taking the time to review Compare. We apologize for the mix up. As hard as we try to be perfect, we aren't. We make mistakes on occasion and are the first to own up to them. Jimmy will be pleased to read your review. Thank you for the kind words, he is awesome.

11/17/2014

Finly Z.

It turned out well and they were very efficient. The pricing was very good. The customer service and selection of carpeting were excellent.

Description of Work
They removed our old carpeting and installed new carpeting. They removed and installed about 2,500 square feet of carpeting.

11/14/2014

Kenneth W.

It turned out really well. Installation was done very well and professionally. They are an experienced company. Their costs were good, especially compared to the developer, about half their cost.

Description of Work
We purchased and they installed ceramic tile flooring in about 600 sq. ft. of our home. The also installed hardwood flooring in about 800 sq. ft. of our home and 1,500 sq feet of carpeting. The work was done fairly quickly.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

11/12/2014

julie R.

This company is a fantastic company full of professionals. Every step of the way was wonderful. No problems no mess, on time respectful and great communicators. We were informed every step of the way. Could not be happier with the product and the service we received. Can't wait to get some more money so we can have them do more work.

Description of Work
installed both laminate and "wood" tile

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

Russell D.

The sales people were very helpful and polite, they had a good selection from which to choose, and they responded quickly when we needed some additional tile.

Description of Work
We purchased ceramic tile from them to install in my kitchen and dining room.

Category ceramic tile

David E.

We've used them three times, and we really enjoy working with the company's employees. Communication, by phone and by email, is always very easy, and the company responds quickly. Furthermore, they did a great job with the floor, and they completed the work in a timely manner without leaving a mess.

Description of Work
We hired them to install tile flooring.

Category ceramic tile

JEAN B.

I've used them several times at various properties, and I've always been happy with their services. They consistently do quality work for competitive prices, scheduling the work is easy, and they complete projects in a timely manner. Furthermore, the installers are courteous and professional, and they never leave behind any messes.

Description of Work
They replaced the carpet in one room of a rental property.

11/01/2014

Min Z.

Everything went really well. Scheduling the appointment was easy, they showed on time, and they acted professionally.

Description of Work
They provided an estimate for installing carpet at a rental property.

10/30/2014

Melissa W.

Everything turned out well. They were really responsive, found the carpet that we wanted, and completed the job quickly without leaving a mess.

Description of Work
They installed carpeting in our home.

09/21/2014

Jaime P.

They were fabulous from the start. My bathrooms have needed work for years, but I put off getting estimates because I was afraid of what it would cost. Due to a leak in my downstairs bathroom, I couldn't put that one off. I called Compare Carpets and Hardfloors for an estimate for vinyl in the one bathroom. I told them what I was looking for and Jay arrived at my house armed with samples of exactly what I wanted. I found a vinyl that I loved. Even though I wasn't ready to do the other work, I asked if I could get an estimate for a sub floor in one bathroom and vinyl floors in all three. It was way below what I was expecting. I asked what tile would cost. It depended on what tile I chose, but Jay gave me an approximate price. I mentioned that later I wanted to replace toilets, vanities, light fixtures and shower doors. Jay recommended a contractor his company frequently works with and suggested I call him for an estimate. Instead of pushing for a sale of tile, which would make his company more money, Jay suggested it would be better for me to go with the vinyl and get the other stuff done, rather than getting tile and waiting on the rest. I called the contractor. It turned out I was able to do everything, including tile. Jay invited me to the showroom, where I selected a gray tile. A few days later, I changed my mind and asked if I could come back and look at the browns. I was torn, because I really loved the pattern on the vinyl, but wanted the quality of tile. The vinyl had both gray and brown. Due to my work schedule, I needed to come on a Saturday. Jay wouldn't be there, but he assured me whoever was there could help me. A guy named Mike was there and was very helpful. I picked out a brown tile. Jay ordered the tile and coordinated schedules with the contractor. The plan was that the contractor would do all the other work, then Compare would lay the tile. I threw a wrench into that plan by choosing vanities with legs for all three bathrooms. Now the contractor would tear out the old vanities, Compare would come in and lay the floors and the contractor would come back and install the new vanities. They never made me feel like this was a problem. The installers were pleasant and hard working. The day they installed the upstairs bathroom tile, I noticed when I came home from work that a piece of tile was loose. I mentioned it to the contractor when he arrived the next morning. I thought I would have to call Compare, but he said he would let them know. By the time I got home, the installers had already been there and fixed it. This company was a pleasure to deal with. Jay looked at my needs and instead of hard selling his company's more expensive product, he looked to help me get the most for my money. He even gave me tips for painting. It turned out that I was able to do it all, including the tile, so it was a win for everyone involved. Now I have three beautiful bathrooms. Well...almost. I still have to paint. Jay handled all the coordinating with the other contractor. The plan was that the contractor would install everything and Compare would then come out to do the floors. I threw a wrench into that plan by choosing vanities with legs for all three bathrooms. Now, the contractor would rip out the old vanities, Compare would install the floors and the contractor would install the new vanities. They never made me feel like that was a problem. Jay and the contractor worked the schedule out together. I really appreciated that I didn't have to keep calling back and forth between them. The installers were pleasant and hard working. I noticed one tile was loose in the area where the sub floor had been replaced. I mentioned it to the contractor the next morning when he arrived. I thought I would have to call Compare, but he said he would let then know. By the time I came home from work that day, the installers had already been out and it was fixed.

Description of Work
They replaced a sub floor in one bathroom.They put tile floors and baseboards and assembled and installed toilets in three bathrooms.They recommended a contractor to do some other work I wanted done and coordinated everything for me.

Category flooring contractor

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a very detailed review. We pride ourselves on honesty, integrity, and craftsmanship. We also enjoy helping people get through a challenging task of Renovating, Our mission is provide the pros/cons of material choices and options in a manner that allows a client to make an informed choice with ZERO pressure. The smile on a customers face, a thank you card, wanting to buy our installers lunch, and reviews like this, keep us going here at Compare. We're proud to announce that we will be donating the material and labor to a US Vet and his family in La Verne, Ca. The home is currently at the La Fair in Pomona at Habitat for Humanity Pomona Valley's booth. You can follow the progress on our Facebook page Compare Carpets and Hard floors.

08/05/2014

bob S.

The installers arrived on June 30th. and completed the job on July 3rd. The installers did the installation in a workmanlike manner. They were all very polite, and represented the company in a very professional manner. I had to give this company an overall rating of "D" based on their office practices/customer service. This is based on the following: When I signed the original invoice estimate I had to ask Mark about the company deposit policy. Mark told me "10% down, and the balance when the job was completed." On June 09th. I mailed a check for $1118.00 to their office, but never received a response updating my invoice. When the job was started, I assumed the deposit had been received, but not yet credited to my invoice, and Mark never notified me that they couldn't start the job until they received the deposit, nor did he ever stop by to inspect his employees work. This was a four day job, and on the last day of the installation (July 3rd), I had to ask Augustine (head carpet installer) twice if Mark was going to stop by to look at the job, and pick up a check. Augustine called the office twice, then had me speak to an office lady. I inquired about payment, and asked if Mark was going to stop by. She said Mark wouldn't be, and that I could send the check in the mail, drop it off at their office, or give it to Augustine. I told this lady I wasn't comfortable sending a check for 10k in the mail, and decided to give it to Augustine. On July 07th. I received an e-mail from the company informing me I had a balance of $1180.00 I replied that I sent a 10% deposit check on June 09th., and inquired about the 5% Angie's List discount. I was told they never received the check, and that the Angie's List discount has to be brought up during initial pricing, which is not mentioned on the company's Angie's List service provider page. Furthermore, Mark didn't recall us being Angie's List members. We had a couple of detailed discussions with Mark about Angie's List, our recent use of contractors from Angie's List, and telling Mark we were referred to their company by our painting contractor, another Angie's List provider. We never received any correspondence, updating our invoice indicating that we made payments to this company and that our bill was paid in full. The only evidence is our cancelled checks. Additionally, we had to initiate a stop payment through our bank on the initial check that Compare Carpets never received. Mark never stopped by the job site to inspect the work his employees did, nor did he ever communicate with us about any issues we might have about the job, or the Angie's list discount . Since the initial check was lost in the mail, I sent the company an e-mail to set up a date and time that someone from Compare Carpets could stop by my house to receive final payment. They refused to set up a date and asked me to send it in the mail, which I did. I've hired a number of licensed contractors throughout the years. This is the first experience I've had with a contractor not inspecting the completed work of his employees, and not having a clear and updated payment policy.

Description of Work
Installed Vinyl Tile in kitchen, laundry room, and two bathrooms. Installed wall to wall carpeting throughout two story residence.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, flooring contractor

Thank you for calling attention to some issues that we are looking into improving. I apologize for the mix up from the postal service. Our current policy is not to send follow-up emails after we've sent an estimate, we've heard from customers they don't like multiple emails or estimates that are too descriptive or confusing. We most likely could have caught this and are looking into a policy change. Thank you for calling to my attention that our Angie's discount did not say " must mention during estimate" we've since changed that. As per my Email, the Angie's discount was $485 but the discount [Member Name Removed]got from Tufftex was $1270, much higher. Again, to keep estimates as clear and easy to understand, we didn't line item that but we've since changed policy to show which discount is larger. With Mail tampering and theft, we recommend swiping a credit card here at our store to be the safest method of payment. We are looking into a system for our installers to be able to swipe cards on-site. Our business has expanded to serving an area about a 30 mile radius from Norco. We take samples, measure, and write estimates in many cities surrounding Norco/Corona, sometimes 8 per day. We'd like to check on projects but simply don't have time. Our teams of Carpet, Wood, Tile, and Stone installers have been with the company for years, some over 20. They are some of the best in So Cal and we trust them 100% to do a perfect job. Again, thank you for your feedback to help us exceed future customer expectations.

05/16/2014

Rhonda W.

Mike Jones was very professional and helpful. He came to my house with samples and provided several options at different price points. He was very understanding when I had to reschedule due to our house closing later than expected. It was no problem for him to fit me in a week later. Jay and Jeffery arrived on time and ready to work. They demoed and installed beautiful 20x20 ceramic tile. They protected our cabinets (as best as they could) to reduce the amount of dust and dirt. Yes, I would use them again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to a friend.

Description of Work
Demo and installation of ceramic tiles

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

Thank you Mrs [member name removed] for your review. Our rep for Dal tile, Sky Eacrett, deserves the credit for giving Compare an incredible price on 20 x 20 porcelain tile. Cheers also to Jeff, Johnny, and MJ for a speedy 500 sf of demo. Then Jeff/Johnny spread 1000 sf of fracture guard because of the new slab, and installed a 1000 sf in 3 days. We also utilized 'face--time' to get another expert opinion concerning the radius of where tile and carpet meet. It was our pleasure working with you Mr and Mrs [member name removed].

02/12/2014

John C.

My contact was Jay whom I love doing business with, the work they did was so good that my wife can't stop talking about it. thanks Jay.

Description of Work
They installed a commercial sheet vinyl floor that had to be coved up 6" for our business.

Category flooring contractor

01/27/2014

Linda H.

They gave us samples to take with us and we had a good repoire with the salesman. The installation process went beautifully. The quality of the carpet is very good and while they're a relatively small company they do the work right the first time. We had received another estimate and Compare Carpets had better prices and they're a local company.

Description of Work
They installed carpeting in three bedrooms.

01/27/2014

linda P.

They do a great job. They're a small, family-owned business and scheduling went well. They're very professional and the installation also went great. They're prices are reasonable.

Description of Work
They installed carpeting in the family room and dining rooms.

Reva S.

Compared to the other laminates we looked at there's no noise when you walk on this particular product and it is a very durable product. It looks like real wood. We had shopped around and there's was the best price in town. The installation was easy and they were in and out. We are planning on using their service again in the future. We love the product.

Description of Work
They installed hardwood laminate in our kitchen and then installed into our den and two spare bedrooms. The work took a couple of installers a few hours to complete. We've used their service on a couple of occasions.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Cathy A.

They did wonderfully. I never had to go to the store. He brought samples to me. There were no problems with the installation and they have very fair prices and were here on-time. I thought the cost would be a lot more. They completed the work when they said they would and cleaned up after themselves. I would recommend to them friends and family.

Description of Work
They installed wood-look tile that looks like wood plank in the master bedroom, hallway, guest bathroom and installed carpeting in three bedrooms and closets, stairs and a huge closet downstairs.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, flooring contractor

Susan S.

Everything went great. Everything was on-time, happened when it was supposed to and they were efficient. The price seemed reasonable.

Description of Work
They installed new carpeting in the entire house.

Yvonne T.

As a landlord, I can call them and I don’t even need to be there for the installation. I’ve also been able to pay remotely via invoice. They have great customer service. Everything we’ve had put in has always been of high quality and we find the pricing to be reasonable.

Description of Work
They replaced the carpeting in the living room and a bedroom in a rental property. I’ve used their service for many years.

Sharon H.

They’re great. They worked with me by putting the carpet down in sections to work with the painting schedule. I’m planning on definitely using them again.

Description of Work
They carpeted the entire house. They’ve been around a long time and have very good quality products.

Donna B.

The person who installed the floors did a good job. I had shopped around and found prices to be fair.

Description of Work
They installed hardwood laminate flooring in our entire downstairs.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

01/21/2014

Tami B.

We were extremely pleased with the service we received from Compare Carpets. We were pleased From the first contact at their warehouse/store front, to the response back with an estimate to the 2 installers that did all the labor over a 2 day period. We were able to select our carpet from their warehouse By seeing many different selections in person. We were able to schedule installation in a timely matter, within the same week as receiving our estimate. The day of installation both men arrived at the exact time they said and worked nonstop. The second day was exactly the same. We cleaned out the rooms and closets as much as we could. But anything we were unable to clear out like the large furniture they were able to move it all as needed and returned it to original location. We will definitely be using their services again as they also do countertops. We will be returning to make our countertop selection as soon as we financially can.

Description of Work
The provider removed old carpet and installed new carpet. The provider moved furniture and items that needed moving and put them back in original place. We replaced about 1800 square feet of carpet including stairs.

11/17/2013

Tom S.

Tile bathroom tub/shower alcove and floor. My wife and I are do it yourselfers. We had gutted our hall bathroom and were looking for a vanity top. We found Compare Carpets on a Google search. We visited their location with our measurements and looked at several slabs of granite. The quoted price was reasonable so we ordered the top. It was ready in a couple days and it was beautiful and unique. When it was time to find a tile contractor I called Mark at Compare Carpets and asked if he could recommend a tile contractor. He said that’s what they do. At the time I thought they were a manufacturer only. We scheduled an appointment for him to visit our project. He was on time and took all the measurements and sent us the quote. We visited their other location which was a showroom for flooring and carpet. We made our tile selections and scheduled the start date. They were in and out in 3 days and the job was perfect. A beautiful job done quickly and professionally. We (my wife and I) installed the vanity with the granite top and the other fittings. We can highly recommend them to anyone in need of any kind of flooring, counter tops and kitchen / bathroom remodels. When we are ready to tackle our kitchen Compare Carpets & Hardfloors will be our first call.

Description of Work
Tile tub/shower alcove and bathroom floor. Manufacture vanity top.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor

Thank you for your review [member name removed], Making customers like you happy, craftsmanship, and value are whats important to us. When your ready for another project please give us a call. Thanks again. Mike Jones(Compare carpets/So cal Stone fabricator)