Modern Roofing Inc

Founded 2000 • With Angi since June 2009

262 W Tefft St

Nipomo, CA 93444

Modern Roofing was founded in 2000 by Mario Tudela, it was incorporated in 2003. Modern employs their own crews there are no subcontractors or day laborers. We maintain the highest level of industry standards to ensure complete customer satisfaction. Modern Roofing has worked diligently to provide a safe work environment and is OSHA compliant. Job sites are monitored daily by qualified Project Managers. We also employ a fully staffed office each are knowledgeable and readily available to assist you. We offer several financing programs. Serving customers in Southern California and California's Central Coast....

02/18/2016

Deborah M.

11/11/2015

Janet L.

Gamaiel gave an estimate of around $11,500 for a new roof. About a week later, we saw the Angies List Deal of $6499 and asked about that. He said it did not apply to our home because it was 800 sq.ft. more. But even with the extra we still would have had a roof for around $ 9,100 (a savings of more than $2000). When we emailed him more questions he then stopped communicating with us altogether! We may try again with another salesperson, but my opinion of Modern Roofing is pretty low right now. UPDATE 2016: We went with the VAN NUYS branch of Modern Roofing with the Angie's Deal I mentioned above. And we now have a good new roof for about 1/3 of he price. See my review for that company.

Description of Work
New Roof Estimate

03/21/2015

Tamara R.

Prompt on appointment for estimate. Set up two appointments, one to fix facial board and another for gutters. Both appointments workers arrived on time, were very professional, work exceeded our expectations and left job site clean.

Description of Work
Fixed rotted facial boards and put up new gutters and downspouts.

Category gutter repair, roofing

Thank you Very much for this wonderful review! We work very hard and to see a review like this makes us happy and confident that we are doing right by our customers! Thank you again.

08/28/2014

Barbara B.

We are very happy with it. I liked the way they came promptly. The workers were very prompt and there was no loud music.

Description of Work
We had our roof done last year.

08/11/2014

Lauren B.

Person did not show up at the scheduled time and no call, but when I got in touch with the office they were very responsive and person was there shortly after and apologetic (I did not have anything else scheduled, so it was OK). Orville Witt was knowledgeable and answered all my questions. The service was a coupon and it didn't take very long. I was very satisfied with the price and service. I also had Mr. Witt provide me with a estimate, which he did while he was here. I will be getting additional estimates, but if all is equal, I would hire Modern Roofing again.

Description of Work
Roof inspection and minor maintenance.

Category roof cleaning

04/25/2014

holly L.

They were very courteous, professional, and quick. My roof was leaked badly after the rainstorm. I bought the deal for 199.00 from Angie's List. They showed up and after listening to the problems i described, they went to work right away and left. Later they sent someone to evaluate the roof and provide an estimate for new installation. The repair was done very quickly, so i was not certain that it was complete. However, after that, we had two more rainstorms and there was no leaks at all. I am very happy with their service.

Description of Work
Fixing the leaks on the roof after the rainstorm and providing estimates on new roof installation

Dear Customer, Thank you very much for your review, it is greatly appreciated . Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

05/04/2013

Patrick S.

The work was done quickly with no complaints, however it was only after closer examination we realized: A) how cheap elastomeric coating is B) they left splotches of the stuff on the side of the house and all over our ladder C) they dumped leftover coating in a hole on the corner of the property and splashed it on a bush D) they totally clogged the gutters when they pressure washed the old roof. F) they ammended the installation warranty in the margin of the contract: "leak that may result from gutters not warranted" So along with a sloppy job, they knew they were screwing up the gutters and covered their butts... all for a quick $4500. We have a new house now that needs the roof replaced but we won't be calling Modern Roofing!

Description of Work
Patched and replaced roof on double wide mobile home in Nipomo, Ca. They used elastmeric coating which you can buy at Home Depot for about $100 per 5 gallons and covers about 550 sq. feet. A double wide roof is a little over 1000 sq. feet. They said they put 3 coats on so thats about $600.00 worth of coating. Before they put the new coating down, they pressure washed the old roof and unfortunatly completely clogged the gutters. We did not know the gutters where clogged until water stains appeared on indoor panelling and plants started growing out of the gutters! Very hard to clean out. Water stains on panels had to be repainted.

08/21/2012

Cindy B.

Description of Work
WE have actually used this company several times. The first was for a complete new roof on one of our income properties. The old roof was wood shingles and they removed all the old roofing, replaced any wood rot and install a beautiful and decorative new fire retardant shingle. This was a tough roof too, as the house is an A-frame structure. They were prompt, clean and finished it beautifully. They also were several thousand dollars less expensive than 2 other bids we received and they provided us with a higher quality product. We used them again at our own residence to fix some of our cement roofing tiles that had gone bad. I also recommended them to 2 other people, both of which were very pleased. Orville was our contact guy and I could not ask for a nicer and more responsive representative.

06/18/2012

Vern N.

We really liked them. They were very efficient. They were here on time and they cleaned up. I have no complaints at all with them.

Description of Work
Modern Roofing Inc replaced our entire roof.

05/20/2012

Started on time and some how completed the job in one day. The project manager was in and out making sure the job was done properly.Expert workmanship. I could not ask for anything more!

Description of Work
rebuilt patio structure , removed old patio cover and replaced with a new plastic cover. Also painting was accomplished.

05/01/2012

Dorothy S.

An on sight inspection & estimate was given. This estimate was compared against 3 others and a decision made to contract with Modern Roofing. The entire job was completed in three days, gutters cleaned out and the job site magnetically swept. The project manager was Orville Witt. I would recommend Modern Roofing to anyone.

Description of Work
The local permit was obtained & the existing roofing material removed in one day. The new roofing material was installed over a 30# moisture barrier. The vents, dormer walls, chimney & valleys had rubberized leak barrier waterproof membranes installed around them. Four Dormer Vents were added.

Thank You for Great Feedback! We strive to provide great customer service and make sure our customers are happy with our work! We appreciate your business and look forward to working with yourself and friends on future projects.

03/12/2012

Melvin R. N.

I would recommend Modern Roofing without reservation. As a Civil Engineer I have been associated with Engineering and Contractors relating to projects of all types for some 40+ years. Perhaps from that history I tend to be rather critical in evaluating performance. My home is not conventional in either design or construction (my design) and called some diversion from the standare reroofing job. The Project Manager listened to my desires and concerns, agreed with my choice of materials, made some well thought out recommendations, and presented a bid well within my estimated range. The bid was consistant with several others. After the contract was entered into an early date was set, The crew arrived on the day set and at the time set and announced they would try to complete the job that day. (I had estimated from two to three days Materials arrived at just the time needed. Indicates good planning. Two men did have to return for about two hours the next day to finish some work and complete the final clean up. Clean up was greate -no indication of construction trash and even some of mine was gone. The crew obviously had worked togather for some time and all worked with a minimum of supervision which showed this crew worked as a team consistantly. (no daily pickup members) The Project Manager was on th site and made sure the work met my approval as the work was performed. Note: As an old construction stiff there was no way these guys would finish the job without my looking over their shoulder at all times. Performance was professional,m well managed, and every effort was made to make sure all work was done to the highest standards.

Description of Work
Remove a 38 year old "hot mop roof". check for damage, renail, install a new roof.

This client gets an A+, for excellent customer of the year! From the time of booking the appointment to picking up the last nail on the property our office staff and Mr. Orville Witt, our well seasoned Roofing Expert, had the privilege in working with you on your roofing project. It was a pleasure working with you. Should you need anything else please contact Mr. Orville Witt @ 805-748-6303 or contact me at the office. Selene Morgan Appointment Scheduler 818-843-5050

02/08/2012

Michael B.

Looking for some gutter work to be done at my home. I've seen the television advertisments or Modern Roofing and the good reviews on Angie's List. I attemtped to contact them twice through their web site. When you go to their web site you are invited to request a free estimate. I did that twice. Modern Roofing never contacted me. I tried to call the local telephone number in Nipomo, CA. I called during a normal business day and no one answered the phone. I went with another company. I thought Modern Roofing must have more business than they know what to do with, but then I see their advertising on television. Television is expensive advertising. Why advertise and invite potential customers to request an estimate through the web site and then never follow-up?

Description of Work
Why advertise when the company is completely unresponsive?

Category gutter repair

We value your opinion. My Expert Roofer, Mr. Orville Witt, has left you his personal business card, today at the address listed. He is well seasoned and services our Nipomo area. He would love to meet with you Live, for your FREE GUTTER Repair or Replacement Estimate. His Direct Cell # is 805-748-6303 or call me @ the corporate office 818-843-5050, I am here M-F 8-5pm. After hours we have a live answering service, where we can get be reached 24/7. We are sorry for the technical difficulties you have had when logging into our www.modernroofing.net website. Our IT Tech Dept is looking into your estimate request. In the meantime, please contact me or Mr. Orville Witt. Selene Morgan/Appointment Scheduler :)

02/07/2012

Michael B.

Description of Work
Attempted to get an estimate. No response from Modern Roofing.

01/28/2010

Roger R.

Good.

Description of Work
Removed old roof and replaced with a new one.

12/21/2009

Dorothy M.

Good work all around. Works very nice.

Description of Work
Re-roofing house.

11/19/2009

RON R.

Excellent service. Lives up to all my expectations.

Description of Work
Roofed my flat roof house.

11/07/2009

judy M.

The representative came out and gave me a written quote, explained everything to me, set an appointment, kept the appointment and the work was done quickly and well.

Description of Work
Removal of old roof, addition of new roof and gutters.

09/18/2009

Gayle V.

Repair was evaluated, pictures were taken so we could see the problem without us having to go up on the roof. Estimate was approved and work started and completed the same day. Very professional.

Description of Work
Roof leak repair.

07/29/2009

Terry H.

We were impressed by professional and responsiveness by the company. The workers showed up every day of the job on time, worked the entire day and cleaned up at the end of the day. The job was finished in an expert fashion.

Description of Work
Company tore off existing roof and replace with composition roof.

06/26/2009

Charles W.

A very efficient and thorough job. If it is possible to have a good "roofing experience," this was it.

Description of Work
--Removal of old roofing and flashing --Replacement of several sheets of underlying plywood --Inspection by City Bldg. Insp. --Installation of TPO material under supervision of Job foreman AND factory manufacturer's rep. --Replacement of several flashing stones and installation of new metal flashing --Final inspection and clean up.

06/17/2009

Richard T.

Above.

Description of Work
Got three other bids. Compared warranty, , preparation, materials, etc. I truly saved $5000 over the highest bidder....Home Depot contractor, of all people. The "everything" was identical...materials, prep, etc. They hit that job and had cedar shakes off totally and plywood sheeting on the same day. Total=3 days and they went around with a magnet to make sure there were no nails left behind.

06/15/2009

john H.

Orville showed up and gave me a written estimate with a sample of the product we wanted, he explained the process and advised me if they were going to add additional charges they would contact me first to get my approval (which they did) and re-roofed the house which I might add is 3 stories and approximately 50 feet to the ground. Done on time and a very professional job. --john

Description of Work
they took off 2 old roofs, fixed some wood damage and re-roofed

06/15/2009

Vern N.

It was a very good experience. Contractor performed as he said he would, with no additional cost. Clean up was done on a daily basis. The roofers were very pleasant and professional. We were not required to pay a deposit and asked to pay only when we were completely happy with the work.

Description of Work
Removal of existing tile roof and install new underlayment, flashings, and new tiles.

We Do Windows, Inc.

Serving tens of thousands of thrilled, raving fan clients since 2001, We Do Windows, Inc., comes to you highly recommended and well endorsed by the most powerful names in California. From record-breaking turn around time on top government construction projects, to hundreds of happy dentists, doctors, attorneys and property management companies - We Do Windows, Inc. continues to grow their trusted and expanding association of the top, elite business groups in California. Since 2001, we hold a strong history of experience, success and an ever growing crowd of thrilled, raving fan clients. The expanding scope of the thousands of homes that we serve every year, and the trusted association of the top construction companies who partner with us is undeniable evidence that our services are clearly adding the most value to every single client. The no-liability factor at every job we are at gives our clients further peace of mind, because we are fully insured, licensed in every city we serve, and we hold workers comp, further removing any liability from the client. We are respected in the finest communities, and are endorsed by the biggest, most respected names, names that have a lot at stake by endorsing us. Literally, hundreds of testimonials from our clients, and thousands of home owners call on us as their go to cleaning company to put their homes in mind condition for home entertainment. Likewise, the construction community relies heavily on our ability to show up on time, do the job effectively, do the job once, and do the job now- when they need it done in the crunch. We are associated with the major and elite business groups and have a solid network of business men and women who count on us to serve their friends, family and business associates. Knowledge is the golden key with our technicians, they can tell you everything about how each window is constructed, the sealing system, and the best products to use if you want to touch them up. Also, they can instruct home owners on window safety and teach how to exit the home via the windows in the event of an emergency. Once a client works with us, they become a part of our family, and we extend our seven day rain policy, our pre-payment walk-through to ensure complete satisfaction, further we also will bundle our services as to give you the best value each and every time. Rigorous training is paramount within our company, as an example, all our technicians go through intensive training every week to make sure that as a client, you are treated to the best experience possible and that you get the best clean possible. Credibility is another pillar within our group, not only are we fully insured, licensed and carry workers comp, all our technicians are consistently and frequently drug-tested, background checked, sex-offender and criminal records are checked consistently and frequently. The standard for each and every technician is to be clean and professional. Strong origins: we were started over 10 years ago by our President Chris DeCollibus, he founded the company from the back of his Kia, knocking on hundred of doors daily, adding as much value as possible to every single client, and under his leadership the company has defied the statistics of new cleaning companies, becoming California’s Largest, Most Professional, Most Value-Added Window Cleaning Company.

Offers by We Do Windows, Inc. on Angi
    B&R Elite Tear Off Co.

We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Creative Roofing

Family owned since 1983. We pride ourselves on 100% customer satisfaction. When you call, we answer! Don't settle for just ok. It does not matter what type of roof you need, we do it all, and we guarantee all our work. Secondary number: 916-208-6820

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Financing Available

WE PROVIDE FREE ESTIMATES. Residential and Commercial Roofing. Roof Installations. Roof Repairs. Insulation. Gutter installation & cleaning. Skylights. Solar attic fans.