Mr. Handyman of Glendale, Burbank & La Canada

Founded 2001 • With Angi since July 2006

23638 Lyons Ave 427

Newhall, CA 91381

Mr. Handyman of California, Inc., serving No. Los Angeles County where professional, safe, reliable handyman service for your entire "To Do" list is just one call away. That's why local residents choose our professional handymen, who specialize in ALL major and minor home repairs over an independent handyman. Call 818-206-8724...

09/29/2016

CYDNEY F.

He is wonderful. He comes and is personable, clean, and fun to talk to!

Description of Work
He installed a ring system which is attached to the doorbell, so that you can see people when they come. He also fixed some cabinets.

07/08/2013

Edward S.

I thought the final outcome of the project was very nice, the fan works perfectly And looks like it was installed professionally. The work ended up taking about 15 hours. My only complaint was that they left a big box of construction debris in the house rather than taking it down to the dumpster in the garage, But I wasn't home to ask them to do this in advance. Would hire again to do any kind of complex renovation or repair.

Description of Work
Took out an existing bathroom fan, installed a new one that required a bigger cutout and renovating some of the ductwork in the ceiling. Repaired and repainted the ceiling after the work was done

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters

04/23/2013

Aleya W.

The service from Mr. Handyman was awesome! Henrik was professional, respectful and attentive. He installed a shelf in my closet, decorative shelving above my fireplace, a light fixture in the kitchen and hung picture frames in the hallway. All of the work was done extremely well and with a good attitude. He even laid down paper under his tools to make sure that he kept my carpet clean. He asked if he needed to remove his shoes before entering my apartment and made sure that he cleaned up when he was done. He did have to come out twice because the office underestimated the time that the projects would take and the second time he was running a bit late, but he called and made me aware of the situation and was ready to accommodate my schedule. I would hire Mr. Handyman and request Henrik again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Installed a shelf in my closet Installed decorative shelving above my fireplace Installed a light fixture in the kitchen Hung picture frames in the hallway

03/01/2012

Carol G.

The handyman, Quinn, was competent and pleasant, but he communicated poorly with the glass supplier. One broken bathroom window pane needed to be replaced, and an exact match to the existing glass in the other two panes could not be found. I told Quinn that I might want to replace all three panes so that they'd match. After he changed out the broken pane, I decided that I did want to change the other two for an exact match. It was only at that point the glass supplier told Quinn he didn't have matching glass in stock, that it had to be ordered. Therefore a one day job became a three day job while we waited for the glass to come in, and temporary panes had to be put in so there'd be no holes in the house during a weekend away. When the "matching" glass came in almost a week later, it was not an exact match - this is frosted bathroom glass, and per the handyman, because the glass was from a different lot, some pieces were more opaque than others. It's my feeling that SOME of the fault lies with the glass supplier and SOME with the lack of communication between Mr. Handyman and the glass supplier. The job took 3 times as long as the estimate, and my glass panes are NOT an exact match although that is what I wanted.

Description of Work
Replacement of three bathroom window panes. Removed rust and re-painted part of window frame. Re-hung mirrored closet door which had come loose. Single coat of paint on front of house wood trim (treated wood had been left bare when roof was replaced).

03/02/2011

DIANE S.

I'm sure I would have been happy with Mr. Handyman but for contact reasons I went with another company.

Description of Work
Patio cover.

Category contractors, drywall, handyman service, doors

09/01/2010

Douglas C.

I had 2 visits from Mr. Handyman. One visit was to mount a flat screen tv and the other was to do some demo and caulking work on my bathroom shower. On each occasion they were completely professional from start to finish. I would highly recommend them to anyone as a useful resource for home improvement work.

Description of Work
Mounted a flat screen on the wall and did some repair work in my bathroom shower.

08/26/2010

Nancy K.

$64 to walk in the door. $50 per half hour. Are you kidding me?! Most contractors and skilled laborers charge 50-65 bucks an hour. Plumbers are higher. This 15 minute ridiculously simple job would cost $114. I won't be calling back.

Description of Work
Needed trim kit replaced on can light. Toughest part of job is that the handyman needs to be comfortable on 24 foot tall ladder.

08/11/2010

Ethan K.

Eugene was on time and professional, but I don't feel he was as good on electrical as he might have been on other elements. What will prevent me from using this Mr. Handyman again is the fact that I ended up paying over $400 in overages just on two switches. They were three way switches and presented challenges to both Eugene and someone else from the office who came in. I understand wiring is unpredictable, but paying that much for "figuring it out" is a bit much. I'd rather have hired an electrician who could have diagnosed the problem quickly. In the end, they used a course of action I had to recommend (negate the three way and four way switches and cap the plates). This issue pushed us to having to do a whole separate day. All told, the cost ended up almost three times the initial estimate. UPDATE: I was promised resolution for this, and still have not received it. I downgraded my grade and would recommend avoiding this office. The office serving Woodland Hills was excellent.

Description of Work
I called Mr. Handyman (Burbank) to change out light switches in my house and do some minor repairs to prep the property for tenants. This included replacing home automation light switches (Insteon) with regular Decora paddle switches, as well as caulking on the bathtub and some patching.

Category electrician, handyman service

[member name removed], you have the wrong Mr. Handyman office for your complaint. The Glendale - Burbank office has no record of providing you service, nor have we every had a technician named Eugene. We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all our work and never would leave a customer's job incomplete. I am glad you found resolution.

06/17/2010

Michelle D.

He was clean, quick, and accurate. It was really nice to have him here. The estimate was right on and fair. I would use him again if needed.

Description of Work
He put in a ceiling fan for me.

Category electrician

05/23/2010

Mark K.

Had them come out for estimate to rebuild door frames for french doors. They gave a very high estimate and did not seem that profesional. Got the job done well for less than 1/2 of the price they gave.

Description of Work
Work not done

Category handyman service, replacement windows

04/19/2010

F L.

Scott, the handyman, was prompt and efficient. He did everything well, and all the problems have been solved. The company was easy to contact and careful to explain all their costs and conditions in advance.

Description of Work
Interior: paint touchup in areas damaged by water leak; exterior: minor stucco repairs

04/13/2010

GORDON B.

They would only give me their hourly rate. They wouldn't really provide an estimate on how much the job would cost. This job was too big for that. The price was really unknown. I would consider this company for a smaller scaled job in the future.

Description of Work
I called them for an estimate.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, remodeling, doors

This member called our office, requesting that we go out and provide him a fixed-price bid on the work he needed done. A perfectly reasonable request on his part- but we don't work on a fixed-priced basis, except in very rare exceptions, so we couldn't fulfill his request. Mr. Handyman bills by the hour- not by the job. We do regularly provide Time & Material estimates over the phone- which will then be firmed up on site when the Technician arrives to start work. Fyi- many people erroneously use the terms "estimate" and "fixed bid" interchangeably: we DO estimates (which, by definition is an approximation), we DON'T do fixed-price bids. There are pros & cons with each method of billing (hourly vs fixed price). Mr. Handyman has performed over 10,000 service appointments in San Diego over the last few years, and virtually all were done on an hourly basis: very large remodels, as well as quick fix 30 minute services. Mr. Handyman has also grown to be the largest professional handyman service provider in the nation- all with a model of hourly billing, and has maintained a very high satisfaction rate. Clearly this method works for many customers.

03/05/2010

Victoria W.

I was not thrilled with him. He did what was asked of him, but he left some things undone. He put the door in and put a doggie door in the door. He framed the door, but he did not replace the trim and he did a bad job on the stucco outside. The door wasn't great. I think he was a little expensive. He bought the door and we paid him for that plus labor. I wouldn't call him again.

Description of Work
Mr. Handyman came out in September and put in a storm door at the back.

Category handyman service, doors

12/18/2009

Mey S.

They were reliable, efficient, very friendly, professional, and I would recommend using them.

Description of Work
They fixed a few things around the house.

10/19/2009

LARRY W.

Response to my intial phone call to Mr. Handyman thru completion of work was very courteous and professional. The technician worked diligently and was very personable. He wore shoe booties to protect our floor and tub, used dropcloth, and cleaned up after the work was completed. Work was completed in a timely manner and met our expectations.

Description of Work
Removed recessed (can) light over bath tub in master bathroom and installed ceiling chandelier in its place.

Category electrician, handyman service

10/15/2009

Charles A.

They are professional, have the right price, do good work, and are nice people.

Description of Work
They have done faucets, a planter in the back they worked on, and several other jobs.

10/14/2009

Rosita M.

They do great work and have great customer of service! I would highly recommend them!

Description of Work
They have done a variety of services for us.

09/18/2009

Allen L.

They provided me with a very good service. They were able to get to me within a couple of days of my calling for them to come out. The price was a little bit higher than I would have liked it to be, but I paid for the work to be done quickly. I would hire them again in the future.

Description of Work
Mr. Handyman came out to install a faucet for my bathtub.

Category plumbing

08/12/2009

WILLIAM S.

They did a very good job, professional, and courteous. The price of work was not cheap but I felt the time he spent and the work he did was worth the price.

Description of Work
He did various handyman type jobs such as plumbing and carpentry.

05/20/2009

Bob F.

I would recommend Mr. Handyman because they were very customer service oriented. In this market there is a high level of uncertainty of the quality that you will receive. At Mr. Handyman, from the very first call to the the final one, everyone was trustworthy, made me feel highly confident in the work that would be performed. I was highly satisfied with the work performance and the customer satisfaction.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced a dual pane window; frame and repaired stucco on exterior and painted to match.

04/30/2009

ROD N.

Wife contacted company about some issues that annoyed her. Gentlemen did her entire list in day and a half. Work was excellent, attitude was excellent. But some of these jobs did not need $100 /hour attention. Would like a scale with discount for say >4 hours work. Would use again, but ouch.

Description of Work
Threshold, repair tile, add folding door for washer dryer, replace wood rot

04/11/2009

Doug C.

I was very happy with the quality of the work, but the markup for additional items purchased felt too high to me. He charged double the purchase price (he did tell me this up front), where I thought it would have been more fair to charge me an hourly fee for the time spent shopping plus cost. There were no surprises on the cost, and I did agree up front to pay it, it just felt overly marked up, but I needed to get the job done quickly.

Description of Work
We hired someone from Mr. Handyman to put up the Christmas lights on the outside of our house when we were getting overwhelmed with projects at the end of the year. He was very professional, did a clean and quick job, and wired up daylight sensors and timers to automatically manage the lights.

Category holiday decorators

03/11/2009

Mildred S.

Guy came on time and made a lovely drawing and estimate of the job. He went off to buy the lumber. He phoned me saying that he'd phoned into the office and they told him that spindles, 4 inches apart was code rather than a split rail "fence" which he had suggested. He needed my permission, which I readily gave. I appreciated his concern to build exactly what was needed. He came back later in the day and brought the lumber. The next morning he came on time and worked most of the day. I was extremely pleased with the work, not only was the railing strong and up to code, but it was beautiful and I love it. The guy was very knowledgeable, worked swiftly and steadily and is a very pleasant man.

Description of Work
I needed a safety railing on a patio on my roof that would pass inspection.

Category fencing, handyman service, woodworking

03/10/2009

Susan E.

Overall - great work on both visits to my house. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
They did a variety of small tasks - installing new lights, fixing plumbing as well as painting of my living room and a hall area. Scott the technician was excellent, very professional and he was very patient with my hesitation over color choices once I saw them on the wall.

Category interior painters

10/23/2008

John S.

The gate took a little longer than anticipated due to an unrelated injury suffered by the serviceman. The front door light was installed without incident.

Description of Work
Replacement of a wooden gate between the driveway and the backyard; installation of a new front door light.

Category handyman service, woodworking

J.R.& Sons Rain Gutters

J. R. Rain Gutters is Los Angeles’ premier provider of top-quality rain gutters. Our Rain Gutters efficiently protect the building’s foundation as it channels the water far away from the base. J. R. Rain Gutters is located in Los Angeles, CA. We are your one-stop solution for high quality, custom built rain gutters. Our specialized and skilled professional staff will ensure a top-notch installation ensuring no damage to your property. Our clients’ trust and thousands of successful installations over the years have helped us perfect the process and make it as stress-free as possible for you, the home owner. If you have a rain gutter to install - think J. R. Rain Gutters.

Best Choice Carpet Care

Best choice carpet care has become a reliable name in carpet cleaning for thousands of homes, cleaning more than 1,000 homes daily in Los Angeles, Orange and Ventura and more than 1 billion square feet of carpets every year. Our carpet cleaners use an exclusive hot steam extraction cleaning process to provide deeper and more durable carpet cleaning combined with an ecological solution that is completely natural and safe for your children and pets. This means that you will get a healthier cleaning for you, your family and home

Offers by Best Choice Carpet Care on Angi
    House Painting Inc

Additional Phones - (800) 540-6004, (818) 957-1202, (626) 350-1578, (310) 477-9667, (818) 888-1857, (310) 540-5005, (323) 730-0544. Award wining. 10 employees. Over 730 happy reviews from Angie's List members. Please visit our website at www.housepaintinginc.com

Handyman & general remodeling.

Roofing & installing carpets.