Border Studios

Founded 1986 • With Angi since December 2010

Mike Hamberg and Martin Tarafdar, who have collaborated on numerous projects since the early 1980’s, formed Border Studios in 1994. We have offices in Aspen, Colorado and Newcastle/Tahoe, California and we serve the greater Sacramento Area. The firm is conceived as a collective of talent that works beyond ‘borders'. That is to say, we work beyond physical and geographic constraints and do not bind ourselves to notions of architectural style or movements, but rather approach each project on its own merit. The design is allowed to evolve through an investigation and understanding of the site and its context, the budget and program objectives, while responding to the history and culture of the place. It is this connection to place that binds our work together and is the driving force of our design process. Creating and enhancing a sense of place through planning and architecture is the philosophical basis for our work. We believe our philosophy allows us to bring a much wider spectrum of resources to each project than is possible with a more traditional approach to design. Our work has focused primarily in the vernacular of high country mountain environments in the Western United States. We have been associated with creating a number of projects recognized by award in these regions. Please do not hesitate to contact our office for any additional information. We will be happy to assist in any way possible and if we are not a good fit we will endeavor to help you find a better match for your project. Thank you for visiting our page. We hope to be able to be of service....

Carmichael Grafix, LLC

Carmichael Grafix, LLC

Carmichael Grafix, LLC is based in the Tampa Bay Florida area. We work with clients across the United States to create custom professional marketing materials, direct mail pieces, ads, animated explainer whiteboard videos, and promotional products. We also provide print services. Let us be your Graphic Arts Department. Having problems getting the correct size images for your Social Media cover photos and headers? We can help with that too! DBE in Florida with USDOT. W/MBE Certification with the State of Florida, Hillsborough County FL. and City of Tampa, FL. Carmichael Grafix has been designated as an approved vendor of the Super Bowl LV Business Connect program. We are one of 200 local diverse businesses in the Tampa Bay area identified as a certified, experienced special event production company approved to compete for contracts related to Super Bowl.

06/01/2016

Martian was on time, professional, and very helpful. there were changes that were needed to get my permit and Martian made those changes free of charge, and only charged me for the additional plans i needed.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Martian did a full exterior vicinity map and interior plan for my store remodel

CATEGORY remodeling,architect

12/30/2014

Martin was extremely thorough,  prompt, and knowledgeable. He offered very valuable suggestions to make it the perfect use of all of the space that we had available and did a top notch job at that. We would highly recommend Martin and are going to use his services in the future.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We have a very small area that Martin helped design a excellent living space with minimal working conditions.

03/11/2014

See above comments and Google and quot;Bozzio Residenceand quot; to see for yourself. I highly recommend Martin and his company, Border Studios. He is artistic and has a keen eye for lines, proportion and design. He remains dedicated to the present yet is very forward thinking and up to date on materials, load concepts and alternative construction options. He is world educated, resided in several ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Martin Tarafdar, AIA, is a superstar architect. He designed our Lake Tahoe home on the West Shore with alacrity, style and a firm commitment to carry the project from inception to completion. His work ethic was tireless. He was always focused, approachable and dedicated to ensuring quality and success throughout the project. He suggested cost saving ideas and directions while working well with our builder and my wife. He was honest and trustworthy, communicated easily and frequently and produced a timeless, beautiful project. Thanks!

01/10/2014

I have a home on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe that was originally built in 1966 with a carport attached which was heavily damaged by the massive snow loads of 2011. I had always wanted to convert it into a garage because of the orientation of the roof which always had bad ice dams and dumped snow directly into the driveway. I finally had the excuse I needed to get it done. I found Borders Studios...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Designed a remodel project which included a garage addition to an existing home. Provided all the plans, engineeering documentation, and county permit requirements.

CATEGORY architect

Full service architectural firm. I work with outside engineers / surveyors / consultants, to offer full service but my work is limited to architectural design. I do not add a consultation fee for my interaction with outside professionals. Because my work is limited to design I typically work for an hourly fee. Billing is incremental and should you become dissatisfied for any reason, you can terminate my services at any stage and keep the work I have performed to that point.