Ocean Flooring & Construction

06/30/2022

3200 Highland Ave Ste 305

National City, CA 91950

www.sandiegohardwoodflooring.org

Ocean Flooring & Construction is your best source for hardwood floors. Serving San Diego for over 10 years now, we specialize in providing the best service for your flooring needs. We specialize in hardwood installation, sanding and finishing, and wholesale prices for all hardwood flooring. 100% Warranty Guarantees You The Best Service Hardwood installation is one of our specialties, that is why we are confident in giving you a 100% warranty on our installation. You have no need to worry about any mistakes or shortcuts being done when it comes time to install your hardwood floors. Free In-Home Estimate. We want you to be confident when you choose a company to purchase or install your hardwood flooring. That is why you get a free in-home estimate when you call today....

hardwood floors (84)flooring (55)tile installation (12)home remodeling (5)lighting (3)drywall (3)marble & granite (2)woodworking (2)door installation (1)interior painting (1)house painting (1)stucco (1)

10/19/2021

Fuyun L.

As a result of water leak in one of the bathrooms in my house, a portion of the engineered hardwood floor in the adjacent living room was damaged. After the abatement of the water damage is done and the affected drywalls were fixed, I started to looking for hardwood floor repair service to replace and restore the damaged floor. For some reason, probably due to the Covid-19 pandemic, it was more difficult than I originally thought. Many companies that I contacted was too busy to do the repairing work for me. Maybe it was too small a job for them. Some requested a minimum fee that was too high for such a small job. A couple of companies came to have an estimate but never gave me a written estimate even though I had called them for a few time. I put put out a job request on Sunday (10/10) on Angi and they sent to a few companies. Ocean Flooring and Construction called me on Monday (10/11) about my request. I got in touch with Frank, their office manager. He arranged inspection estimate on Tuesday (10/12) and Stuart, the owner of the company, came to have and estimate in the afternoon. I received the estimate quote on the second day. The quote was quite thorough and the price was very reasonable. To my surprise they even included Angi's 10% off of labor cost that I was unaware of. I waited for a couple of days to see if any estimate from other companies would come. As I didn't receive any, I accepted their offer on Friday (10/15). Frank told me they have arranged a technician to work on my repairing work on Monday. Raul came to my house on Monday (10/18) Morning. He did all the work in one day. The repaired floor looks as good as the original. He also painted and installed the baseboard as requested. I would also like to mention that after he removed the dust barrier of plastic films (included in Stuart's estimate), he removed all the masking tapes and staples. I am very satisfied about the work he did. I feel this a trustworthy company for flooring repairing and installation. I can recommend them to anyone for such jobs without reservation.

Description of Work
Repair/replace a portion of engineered hardwood floor and baseboards damaged by water leak

Work Completed On 10/18/2021

Review for Ocean Flooring & Construction - 3200 Highland Ave, National City, CA - 39514248

From behalf of Ocean Flooring & Construction we appreciate the trust & review you gave us. It means alot to us. We hope to work with you in the future. Thank You

10/11/2021

Cindy A.

They scheduled an estimate and did not show for the appointment.

Description of Work
Install luxury vinyl plank flooring on 1800 square foot mobile home. Include trim closets entrance stairs (3) x3.

Work Completed On 10/11/2021

05/24/2021

Kimberly H.

I really wanted to give these guys 5 stars but there were just too many little issues. Our project involved redoing our bathroom floor which meant taking out all the bathroom fixtures and reinstalling new ones. They said they were a flooring and construction company so they could handle all the work beyond just the floors. We ultimately had to pay to have a plumber come in and figure out why the toilet continued to wobble after they reinstalled it and had already come back out once to fix it, and why the pipes under the sink continued to leak. We discovered that they used cheap parts and some of the work was not done properly or to code, which was extremely disappointing and we ended up paying $800+ to another plumber to make sure everything was done right and we wouldn't have recurring issues. We've definitely worked with worse contractors and overall these guys were nice and would come back out when we identified issues after the project was completed, they just weren't able to adequately complete parts of the work and the quality of the work was not the best.

Description of Work
Bathroom floor replacement and installation of new bathroom fixtures

Category ceramic tile,home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/14/2021

02/06/2021

Susan S.

Ocean flooring replaced some water damaged flooring in my kitchen. They pulled out the dishwasher but the installer failed to tell me that it was leaking. They put the dishwasher back and it leaked when I ran it, ruining the new flooring. They returned to replace it again (at no additional charge), but the floor was not dry (although they assured me it was). The wood is now black again in spots and some of the replacement planks are warped. I will have to have it done all over again.

Description of Work
Replace water damaged wood flooring in kitchen

Category ceramic tile,hardwood floor

Work Completed On 02/06/2021

01/29/2021

Karl K.

We are very pleased with the service provided. From initial contact everything was orderly and professional. They found the product we were interested in, and got us a great price. Our concrete subfloor had significant highs & lows. They identified them and flattened them out. They were respectful and clean as well during the installation. Lastly, they promised to return and resolve any issues that may come up in the future.

Description of Work
We needed about 500sf of Luxury Vinyl Plank flooring installed in our newly constructed rental unit.

Work Completed On 01/25/2021

Review for Ocean Flooring & Construction - 3200 Highland Ave, National City, CA - 39163816

01/16/2021

Jennifer F.

I really wanted to give this company a 5 star rating,especially based on their great reviews on Yelp and Angie’s list. However I can’t. Initial communication with them was easy and fast. Having them come out to assess what we wanted was also fast. But that is where is ended. Oscar took the measurements for our project. I informed him we were not in a rush to start the project due to the pandemic. I was promised a quote in 24 -48 hours. That never happened. I called several times after that, speaking with Frank. Frank stated he would talk with Oscar to get a quote sent to me via email or phone call. I am still waiting. I understand the home improvement business has sky rocketed during the pandemic, however if our project is too small or you cannot accommodate us.....then tell me. Don’t keep people hanging. That is just poor customer service, especially for a business with high ratings!

Description of Work
Install luxury vinyl planking to stairs, remove old wooden spindles and replace with iron.

Work Completed On 01/16/2021

We apologize for the 5 day delay we went out Monday 11th Omar (not Oscar) got sick for 3 days i contacted you that we were behind schedule but currently working on your quote.. sometimes writing estimates up prolong more than usual theres no job to small or too big for us....waiting for an estimate is not leaving people hanging...we've gone back to jobsite's for minor repairs after months of doing the job that's our customer svc we never leave our customers hanging. Thx. Frank

10/03/2020

Peggy K.

Great. Removed old floor, moved furniture, installed new floor and baseboards. They did 1500 sq. ft. in a week. Very professional workers, cleaned up after themselves, and fixed the couple of places that I wanted "better." After a couple of months, they are fixing stair caps, which are really tricky, and replacing a plank that I think is defective. They aim to please, and they have. Hoping I won't need new floors again, but they would be my go to company.

Description of Work
Floor Installation, new baseboards

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor

Work Completed On 11/02/2020

Review for Ocean Flooring & Construction - 3200 Highland Ave, National City, CA - 39150429

01/10/2020

Sandra C.

We were very pleased with the project. Stuart did a very good job of managing the project and in matching the hardwood already installed elsewhere in the house. Omar did an excellent job in installing the flooring on the stairs -- the end results are beautiful. Stuart recommended other contractors for carpet and stair banisters and did a good job in coordinating the work with them. We are very happy with all the work performed.

Description of Work
Replacing the flooring in several rooms and on the stairs

Work Completed On 11/11/2019

01/07/2020

Chris S.

The team was very professional and did excellent work. They even worked over the holiday to accommodate my schedule. Would definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Replaced laminate flooring.

12/08/2019

Karen W.

We now have a floor that is much, much better than what we had before. They were punctional, professional, precise, and would hire them or refer them to anyone else.

Description of Work
Ocean Flooring perfectly laid laminate on our floor throughout our home!!!

Work Completed On 10/31/2019

Thank You Happy Hollidays from The OFC Team

07/18/2019

Brian G.

Excellent job; working with Frank and his team was an extremely positive experience. Reasonable quote for high quality professional work. Customer focused; highest recommendation.

Description of Work
Hard Wood Floor Install

Work Completed On 07/11/2019

07/18/2019

Sinil K.

The sanding made the bamboo floor so much better and got rid of most of the stains. The crew worked very hard and got good results. The finish came out very well and made the floor almost new.

Description of Work
Our old bamboo floor glued to concrete was in bad shape but it would be quite expensive to pull

Work Completed On 06/10/2019

01/14/2019

Larry E.

We were very happy with the service. A full crew showed up on time every day, the job was finished on time, and the results exceeded our expectations..

Description of Work
Sand and refinish oak floors

Category drywall,hardwood floor

Work Completed On 01/14/2019

Review for Ocean Flooring & Construction - 3200 Highland Ave, National City, CA - 37655103

07/11/2018

John L.

The person provided quote but didn’t provide the list of flooring material vendors after multiple requests. No communication after the initial measure.

Description of Work
I needed complete flooring done.

Cost $0.01

We have checked are estimate appointment book , and we do not find a [Member Name Removed] listed . We have also checked are estimates completed and sent , but again , we can not find a [Member Name Removed] listed . We therefore , think that this person has mistaken which company he obtained an estimate from . We are perfectly willing to accept are mistakes , and take ownership of it , but in this instance we do not see that we have any records relating to this person . [Member Name Removed]

05/11/2018

Jeoffry G.

They bid was a bit higher than other bids, but I was impressed by their analysis of the technical needs and the options. They also replaced several damaged boards and did an excellent job of feathering and matching. In addition they eagerly took responsibility for moving and replacing all (lots of items) of my furniture (which other bidders had no interest in helping to do) and staging the job so I could stay in the house while the job was done. The end result was sparklingly beautiful. Oh yes, on day by accident they locked my dog walker out of the house and they came back and walked the dog themselves without hesitation.

Description of Work
The company sanded and refinished old pine and oak floors in an elderly mission style home

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Work Completed On 05/11/2018

10/30/2017

Joseph S.

A little trouble coordinating day of work to be performed, but this was due to issues with material delivery, not Ocean Flooring. Personnel were very professional, and the work was performed quickly and cleaned up well. End result is absolutely beautiful.

Description of Work
Replaced carpet in living room with wood laminate floor.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Work Completed On 10/25/2017

10/11/2017

George F.

They did a great job. Very punctual and friendly.

Description of Work
Spare bedroom hardwood floor resurfaced.

Work Completed On 08/07/2017

Thank You [Member Name Removed] Glad we could be of service to you and your family

09/27/2017

Erma W.

This place is the bomb. The owner Stuart along with the entire team of George, Frank, Steve, Frankie and Mike are just the utmost professionals in their field. I've had last minute changes to the proposal but they all managed to deliver promptly and even work a little late just to make my travertine tiles sealed and shiny for my piano the next 2 days. Everyone worked real hard with the demo and clean up, didn't waste time, and were trustworthy. Their work was excellent. Their tiler did a fabulous job. Finished ahead of schedule! To top it all off, they knew how to keep up with a high maintenance customer like me. . Will definitely recommend to my friends!

Description of Work
Tile Flooring Demolition, Clean Up

Category drywall,flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Work Completed On 09/27/2017

Review for Ocean Flooring & Construction - 3200 Highland Ave, National City, CA - 36320270

Thank You [Member Name Removed] it was great teaming up with you love the end result of your Home it looks Amazing!

03/21/2017

kristy L.

Very professional job, prompt, kept promises and made sure we were totally satisfied with the job. Excellent experience.

Description of Work
remove old floors and install new wood floors

Work Completed On 04/01/2016

Thanks [Member Name Removed], was a pleasure working with you and your family.

02/23/2017

Jeff T.

I highly recommend this company. They did a great job at a fair price.

Description of Work
Tile and hard wood flooring.

Category ceramic tile,hardwood floor

Work Completed On 02/01/2017

02/04/2017

Takeru T.

Job went very smoothly and ended up looking quite good. Workers ran out of material for one of the bathrooms towards the end, but the company bought more tile at no additional cost to me to finish the work since they slightly underestimated the amount needed. Workers were efficient and professional, took direction very well. I'd highly recommend Ocean Flooring & Construction to anyone who needs quality work done at an affordable price.

Description of Work
Needed to have an ugly vinyl floor and some carpet removed and replaced with a much nicer laminate and porcelain tile.

Work Completed On 01/27/2017

11/14/2016

MARIBEL C.

Stuart and his crew are the epitome of professionalism, integrity, communication, follow-through, and conscientiousness, which was always present in their onsite work and through completion of the project. The project involved a major upgrade of a 1970s house and went very smoothly, which is a testament to the company's fine project management skills. The work ethic values and pride of workmanship shown throughout the project by Stuart and his crew are what all companies in the construction business, or any business for that matter, should emulate. I'm very pleased with the end results of the remodel and I highly recommend them for any and all types of construction.

Description of Work
Installed 1200 square feet of hardwood floors and baseboard throughout house. Complete upgrade of two bathrooms. New windows, interior doors, interior and exterior paint, upgrade ceiling lights, bathroom/kitchen tile, upgrade plumbing and electrical, installed exterior vinyl fence, and roofing work.

Category ceramic tile,drywall,electrician,fencing,picture framing,hardwood floor,lighting,remodeling,roofing,replacement windows,woodworking,stucco,home remodeling,house painters,interior painters,doors

Work Completed On 11/14/2016