RANERI & LONG ROOFING

Founded 1930 • With Angi since December 2005

4.3

PO BOX 2058

Napa, CA 94558

24 EMPLOYEES ALSO DOES BUSINESS AS RLR CO PER BBB...

07/30/2016

Steve D.

02/12/2014

Casey W.

12/13/2013

Jonathan S.

Was recommended Raneri and Long by R/E agent as the roof for my new house needed to be replaced. Competitive price and good quality but professionalism and responsiveness were absolutely horrendous. The office said that I could pay with credit card but the foreman in charge of job insisted that I pay with check since they were not being paid for a larger job until later and they needed the money sooner. Not my problem but I agreed. He also insisted that I leave the check on site before completion since I would be at work. I agreed hesitantly as I figured they would come through since my agent's firm refers a lot of business their way. They completed the main house roof and one door awning but missed two other door awnings. Not the biggest thing in the world but I paid for a complete job not a 95% completed job. The foreman said they would be done with another project in two weeks and would swing by after that. No problem. I waited a month and not even a courtesy call to let me know they would be running later than expected. I called again and they said that they would swing by on xyz date. Again nothing done and no call. Waited until the middle of the next week to give them time in case they were running behind and still no call. I left another message. Another week goes by and I leave another message. I then write an email to receptionist demanding to know when they would complete the job as it had been 2 months since they should have finished. They said they would send someone over the next day. Great! Not so much... I wrote specific instructions as to where the two door awnings were but only one of them was completed. I wrote two more emails the next week and no response. I contacted my R/E agent and they are going to get in touch with them to see what the heck is doing on. I hope they complete the job but I would NEVER recommend Raneri and Long. Spend a few extra dollars on a professional outfit that values your business as they certainly DO NOT.

Description of Work
Replace roof. About 1500 square feet.

03/25/2012

Diana H.

Started on time; finished on schedule and on budget. Very clean. Roof has improved energy efficiency.

Description of Work
Installed new roof on home.

09/08/2011

Teresa D.

They were very workable, much more informative and didn't try to push certain products. They were very reasonable and followed through on everything. I got a really good product out of it.

Description of Work
Raneri & Long Roofing did our roof.

04/15/2011

Dan G.

I would say that they were a B. They did a good job but they stepped through the ceiling in one of the roof. Even though they fixed it and came and patched it up, the problem was it was the old 1970 style. They were not able to match it. Their price was the best. It was a pretty good price. When you stand back and look at the roof, it looks good. They did good job on the shingles. The only problem I had was that they stepped to the ceiling. They were really rough on dropping the shingles on the roof and all around the house. There were little pieces all over inside the house. It was nothing terrible. I really liked the guy that I worked with. He did a good job. He was really a quality guy.

Description of Work
I used Raneri & Long Roofing to do the roof. They did the work at the end of March.

04/11/2011

Carla M.

Great!

Description of Work
roof was leaking. Several other companies told us that the concrete roof tiles had to be removed for them to fix the leak. Raneri and Long rep said he thought the gutter was backed up. Cleaned the gutter and asked me to monitor the leak and call if it continued and they would then pull back the tiles and investigate further. Roof stopped leaking. This saved us money!

05/17/2010

GARY C.

It went very well, the removal was fast and efficient and clean. The installation was very fast and high quality. Because of their size they brought in 13 workers and the supervisor and owner one day to finish the installation before a forecasted rain storm.

Description of Work
I had Raneri & Long replace the 34 year old wooden shake shingles on my 5,000 sq roof with CertainTeed Presidential TL Asphalt Shingles. They also replaced the gutters around the house. They are one of the biggest roofers in Napa/Solano County. This allowed them to give me a better price by 20% for the same shingles than other bidders.

10/19/2009

tom K.

Chris Parras was the project manager and he is polite and easy to deal with.? Our job estimate was based on too low a?sq footage?estimate and Chris requested additional money for 1800 more square feet of roof vs 5500 feet bid.? I would likely have selected another roofer had they bid correctly.???Therefore I?negotiated approximately half of the supposed difference.? That was the?main?disappointment on the job.? The work was done quickly and carefully.?? We had two punch list items, and they said they would followup but did not followup on those items after we made prompt payment.? I would suggest that one does not make prompt payment until one is sure the work is complete.?

Description of Work
Recovered roof of 7300 sq ft, repair dry rot discovered by owner, installed leaf guard and replaed some gutters.

09/01/2008

steve C.

Excellent.

Description of Work
Mike was on-site every day. Entire roof (with about 4 old layers) was replaced and new vents and 2 solar tunnels were installed. Total time was about a day and a half. I was very impressed. Their bid (for the roof only) was $9,750. Another roofing company gave me a bid of about $13,500 for the roof and about $3,000 for gutters. I asked Mike about whether I need gutters and the cost. He said he could caulk them and they should be good for about another 5 years; for new ones it would be about $1,200. I gave a "B" on price because I don't know if it was a good price but from others I've spoken to it was a very good price, i.e., should have given an "A."

11/02/2007

Marty W.

Excellent! Chris Parras, the superintendent, was on-site every day. 4 days total beginning to end--no downtime. Started within 10 days of accepted estimate. Good crew--very respectful of us, noise, privacy, site and landscape--we have mature, rare landscape--the crew took extra precautions.

Description of Work
1) Tear off 3-5 layers, old sheathing, old wood gutters. 2) Install new 1/2" sheathing, new fascia, new flashing. 3) Install 50-year comp shingles, 6 new vents, flashing, galv. gutters, downspouts. 4) Clean-up.

Category gutter repair, roofing

12/15/2005

Craig B.

They did a good job on the price of the bid and in three days work it was done. They cleaned up after themselves by picking up all the old nails. We had two layers of shingles on and they removed both before installing new ones. They had to meet the fire safety codes and did everything according to specifications. They're good.

Description of Work
They removed and replaced our shingles.

D Construction

Hi, local gutter pro/ roofer here ready to show you how a professional can get a job done at expert level with amazing detail and quick as a flash seamless gutters/ roofing call me with any question or concerns!

Northern California Roofing Co

Thank you for considering Northern California Roofing Co for all your roofing needs. Northern California Roofing Co, a division of NIR West Coast, Inc., has been serving our neighbors throughout the Northern California area for over 25 years. We specialize in all phases of the roofing process; from roof repairs to re roofing, from maintenance programs to complete roof overhauls. Our family here at Northern California Roofing Co is dedicated to serving your needs in a timely manner with an emphasis on quality craftsmanship as well as a commitment to customer service excellence. We pride ourselves in being a “one-stop contractor” in the roofing industry. Additional DBA - NIR West Coast Inc. Additional contact name - Greg Lynn. Additional email - office@northerncaliforniaroofing.com. Award winning.

Dry Tech Construction

We say it the same everywhere we go. We're family and we started this business so our family could help your family protect some of your most important investments. We are Bonded, licensed, insured and backed by the major manufacturers. We do all kinds of roofing, siding and gutters, restoration, remediation, insurance claims, commercial, residential, flat and steep slope roofing. Whether it's spray foam, silicone, shingles, tiles, metal or asphalt we have it covered. We're family owned and operated and we are your neighbors so send us an email, shoot a text or stop in and we will help find a solution. Female Owned and Family Operated - Protecting your family, your home and your investments with quality workmanship and manufacturer warranties.

Offers by Dry Tech Construction on Angi