Affordable Window Coverings

Founded 1996 • With Angi since June 2005

26043 Jefferson Ave Unit D

Murrieta, CA 92562

Custom Window Covering provider and Interior Decorator, specializing in Blinds, Drapes, Shades, Shutters, Tinting, Motorization, custom bedding and upholstering. We offer Free estimates to your home or business. We also accept all major cards and can Finance 100% OAC....

10/14/2016

Bonnie F.

I was completely thrilled with the job!

Description of Work
They came out install film on my windows, and then came back out again to install a shutter on a window once that came in.

Category contractors

09/29/2016

Anita S.

Would have been perfect except for incomplete parts for blinds on french doors

Description of Work
Installed new window blinds

04/29/2015

rebecca H.

They were amazing. He was so prepared. He was courteous and he was on time. He has ideas we never thought of. We were so happy and we're definitely going with him. We love everything we're going to do now. He was fast and he has time for making us an appointment.

Description of Work
We're taking their bid.

Category replacement windows

10/10/2014

Phyllis L.

I am so pleased and impressed with this company. My salesperson, Jason, was extremely helpful in guiding me through all the window covering options they offer. I did not feel pressured to buy but when I did make my decision, I feel he gave me a very good price. The installers, Joe and Mike, arrived on time and completed the job in just about an hour. They were professional and polite and cleaned up after themselves. I would not hesitate to recommend this company and will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Installed 6 widow coverings, 4 in the bedrooms and 1 on a sliding glass do

08/23/2014

brad B.

Affordable was great. Paul Thompson (salesman) really knows his stuff. Took seven weeks to get shutters in but now that it's done we are very happy.

Description of Work
Shutters throughout

Category contractors, window treatments

04/05/2014

Maria P.

They were very professional and timely. They even fixed another blind that wasn't working properly and didn't charge

Description of Work
Installed blinds and shades

03/27/2014

David L.

Installers were on time, fast and professional. I have already recommended this company to friends of mine looking for window coverings.

Description of Work
Installed faux wood blinds on all interior windows. Installed vertical shades on patio door. Salesman was extremely knowledgeable about their products and worked with me to choose what I wanted.

03/26/2014

Rohnie A.

I had multiple bids for this project and Affordable Window Coverings had the lowest price. They were very thorough, in explaining the different options. Installation was quick and painless.

Description of Work
They installed new shutters throughout my home, on 19 different windows.

Category contractors, replacement windows

03/23/2014

Tom C.

From the owner to the installers everyone was professional, friendly, timely. I am having them come back to do shutters on some additional window.

Description of Work
Home visit, helpful recommendations, installation of binds

02/19/2014

Jacqueline H.

The designer that worked for me was great. She was very responsive and always on time. However, I would do some price comparison before using them again.

Description of Work
I have used Affordable Window Coverings. They made custom drapes for six windows.

08/26/2013

Kumiko K.

My husband and I had requested four companies for an estimate of new window coverings in the living room, family room, dining room and master bedroom, but two of those companies did not have what we wanted to install over the French doors in the living room, family room and master bedroom, so we had only two companies to compare their prices. Jason came on time and took measurements of the windows and French door openings in those rooms to give us an estimate. At first he said that woven wood materials we wanted to use over the French doors were not as durable as roller shades or wood blinds, so we were not sure if we should use them. However, we decided to use the woven wood materials after the other company's sales rep said they would be okay. After consideration we decided to use Affordable Window Coverings. We had to postpone installation of the new window coverings until the late June due to the schedule of wall painting project. After the roller shades were installed, they did not seem complete without their cassettes (due to the location of one window not having enough space, we decided not to use cassettes). I asked Mike, the installer, if they had something to cover the opening above the roller shades. He suggested that I use a wood cover which was used for a wood blind in the master bedroom, so I called the office to have Jason measure the windows. Those wood covers turned out very good, and the roller shades now look much nicer with them. Although I discovered minor problems (glue was not applied at the end of woven wood and some rubbing marks on the side frame) after the installers left, the guys were able to fix the problems when they came to install the wood covers. We love our new window coverings, and Jason, Mike and his assistant (sorry, did not get his name) did wonderful jobs. We would recommend this company for any window covering needs.

Description of Work
Installation of new window coverings in the living room, family room area, dining room and master bedroom.

06/25/2013

Stephen G.

Went very well. The sales rep was punctual, highly professional, and made great recommendations on materials and cost-tradeoffs. Materials were provided timely and installation was on-time and professional.

Description of Work
Provided custom blinds, draperies, and shutters for eight windows in my home.

04/03/2013

Phyllis L.

I am thoroughly delighted with all aspects of my dealings with Affordable Window Coverings. The people (receptionist, salespeople, and installers) are polite, proficient, prompt, highly skilled, and responsible. In regards to quality of workmanship and product, the last thing that the installer said before he left today was, and quot;if you have any problem with the window covers, just give us a call.and quot; Also, when the measurement errors were discovered (for the one small window and one valance), it was the installer who discovered and corrected the error without my having to say anything. The quality of the products are top of the line. Because I did not do an item-by-item price comparison with other companies, I don't know whether their prices are higher or lower than others. However, I do believe that I received a lot of value for the money I spent.

Description of Work
When I called Affordable Window Coverings in Murrieta, CA, - 50 miles from my home - I already knew, generally, what I wanted --(three faux wood Venetian blinds, two vertical honeycomb shades (for the door and one window), and seven horizontal double-celled honeycomb shades without cords and which open from both top and bottom (two of which were to be triple hung)). The company's representative brought a wide variety of samples - various colors, textures from which to choose. While I selected, the rep measured each window (at top, middle, and bottom of each window for exact measurements), and then calculated the cost and gave me a firm estimate. To confirm the order, I gave him his required 50 percent deposit (on a credit card that I'm able to dispute if the company were to renig on its agreement). Within one week, the company called to schedule an installation date (for the next day), and gave me a two-hour window for their arrival time (rather than the typical 4 hour windows that most companies give). The installers arrived within the first 30 minutes of the window time; worked very efficiently; cleaned up and hauled away the boxes; offered to haul away the old window coverings; and were done within 2 hours. There were two problems with that first visit: 1. The installer discovered that the covering for one of the small windows was two big for the window; so he apologized, returned it to the shop and ordered the correct size. He returned with the replacement one week later and installed it. 2. When the original salesperson was giving me the estimate, he commented that Venetian blinds and honeycomb verticals were trimmed with valances above the windows that gave a finished look. He didn't tell me that the honeycomb horizontal window covers did not automatically include the valances. Therefore, I assumed they were. When those window covers were installed, the lack of valances made the windows look incomplete. As a result, I asked the installers to have the office give me an estimate for the 7 additional valances (Approx. $350 more), and he installed 6 of them during his second visit. The 7th one was measured incorrectly, so he came out today (for the third time) and installed the corrected one. The windows and sliding glass door look wonderful.

Category window tinting, window treatments

Thank you for your thorough review. It was a pleasure to work with you! Let us know if you need any assistance in the furture.

03/25/2013

Peter G.

The office personnel was very nice setting up the appt but the guy that was suppose to come out called me to reschedule because he was running late. We agreed on the second appt however that day and time came and went and didn't show up or call. My time is as valuable as everyone else's. Not happy that I was stood up! Caution, if they commit to coming out they might not show up or even call you!! I waited a few days after the appt to see if they realized what they did wrong but nothing.

Description of Work
Contacted them to come out and get an estimate on about 12 windows I needed to get shutters, blinds, etc.

Category window treatments

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you were not happy with our performance. I am not happy with that as well. I take our customers very seriously as well as their time. As a company, we do not subscribe to not showing up, and our representatives should as well. We have a zero tolerance policy and have taken steps to prevent this from happening again. As I spoke to you over the phone, I would love for you to experience what it is really like to do business with us, and if we are ever given a second chance, I would be most grateful. But I understand your decision none the less.

03/19/2013

Kinjal D.

Went well. Sales representative Jason Apple was knowledgeable, and gave good ideas. Won our trust. Once we placed the order the installation happened on schedule except for one hiccup - one of the blinds that we ordered was missing. They did come back out again and installed it. Also, the ties on the sliging glass door were incorrectly positioned. They fixed it once I pointed it out. Overall experience was great.

Description of Work
Honeycomb and Faux wood blinds for entire house - 25 windows and door. Included free in-home consultation, second $50 consultation which got added to the final quote since we decided to go with them.

Category window treatments

Thank you so much for your review. If we can be of service to you again, please don't hesitate to call us.

02/21/2013

JACQUELINE R.

They measured, gave us a quote and told us when to expect the install. All went smoothly.

Description of Work
We have used Affordable Windows several times for our houses. We have never been unhappy with their service. They are helpful and always give us the best prices on plantation shutters, blinds or solar shades. We always use them and tell our friends about them. You will not be disappointed with Affordable Windows in Temecula.

Category window treatments

Thank you so much. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

02/04/2013

Mercedes N F.

I never received an estimate for the job, therefore I could not consider them for my remodeling project.

Description of Work
Measure of my windows and ordering of color samples.

Category interior designers, window treatments

I apologize that you were not able to get a quote from us. I am not sure why that was, but I can only think maybe we did not have the correct contact information to communicate with you.Either way, we are always trying to do our best, so I will look into why and fix anything that I see as a potential problem. Thank you for your feedback.

12/13/2012

Rhonda M.

Excellent in every way. Jason Apple is very professional and the installer was second to none. Couldn't be more pleased.

Description of Work
Desigh, measure, funish and install 3 blinds and 2 cellular shades.

Category window treatments

Thank you for your nice review. Each member of our team works very hard to make every job smooth and professional from start to finish. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

12/12/2012

Judy C.

It was great! They were on time and did a good job with the installation. I had no problems with the service, and I plan on using them again for living room curtains.

Description of Work
They removed shutters and installed a Roman shade in my kitchen.

Category window treatments

Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to assisting you with your Living room curtains. Take care.

12/12/2012

BRIGITTE B.

I have used them on numerous occasions, and they always do a good job.

Description of Work
They installed shutters and window coverings.

Category window treatments

We really value repeat customers such as yourself. Thank you for your continued business and kind review.

Gary L.

The service was fine. They were prompt, they completed the work quickly, and they came out right away when we called. We did have problems with one set of blinds and they came out the next day to repair the blinds.

Description of Work
They installed blinds.

Category window treatments

It is important to us that our customers are completely satisfied. Thank you for your nice review and it was great to do business with you as well.

sheryl C.

They had quality products and good pricing. My only issue is that they no longer honor the warranty on the shutters since the manufacturer is out of business. This is a nuissance because some of the shutters are now loose.

Description of Work
They installed shutters and blinds throughout the house.

Category window treatments

We do have a company we work with that can repair some of the shutter problems you may be experiencing. There is a small fee, but our customers have been pleased with the results. Please call our office and we can arrange a time to assist you with these shutter panels. So sorry for the inconvenience, but we can get it rectified I'm sure of it. Thank you.

Susanne V.

They were courteous and timely, and the quality of the product and the installation was excellent. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
They installed shutters and bamboo shades on the windows in my home.

Category window treatments

Thank you for your excellent review and continued recomendations of our company. It is very much appreciated.

Jenny J.

It was excellent from start to finish! The sales people were helpful, and the installer was fast, efficient, and courteous. I will continue to use Affordable Window Coverings for all of my window treatments.

Description of Work
They installed new blinds in some bedrooms.

Category window treatments

Thank you for your kind review. If we can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to call. We look forward to working with you again.

Gary T.

I was very pleased with the service. They made the repairs free of charge, and they did a good job.

Description of Work
They replaced a cord that had frayed on set of blinds.

Category window treatments

I am glad we could fix your shade for you. Every customer is important no matter how large or small their job is, so if we can be of assistance in the future, please let us know, Take care.

Progressive Insulation & Windows

Progressive Insulation & Windows was founded in Chatsworth in 1978 and has grown into one of Southern California's leading replacement window and insulation companies. We stand above many of our competitors because of our commitment to provide excellence in the installation of our products. Though we now have more than 70 trained installers and sales reps, we still do business in the same customer-centered tradition that propelled us to success in our early days. We are still a family-owned and operated business that truly cares about the customer experience before, during, and after installation of any of our products.

Ameriside

We hope you’ll find everything you’re searching for here, from information about Ameriside products and services, to some simple home improvement tips that can help make your life easier. With over 30 years of experience, the people behind Ameriside have been serving the remodeling needs of homeowners in Southern California with everything from vinyl windows to siding to texture coating, and we’re excited to continue our services for many more years to come. Our services extend to the Los Angeles, Inland Empire, Orange County, and San Diego areas. Ameriside isn’t just about great products; it’s about giving customers what they really want – a superior level of service from courteous and professional experts. Our customers say it best, so feel free to read a few of their stories. And please contact us with any questions or comments you may have. We always want to hear from you! Sincerely, Dave Palmer, CEO

Natalie Vasquez Interiors

Interior Decorating: Specializing in Window Treatments; Blinds, Shades, Shutters, Drapes, Valances, Cornice Boxes - Flooring; Carpet, Tile, Wood, Area Rugs - Furniture; - Upholstery; Reupholstery, Upholstered Furniture, Custom Upholstery - Lighting; Chandeliers, Lamps, Wall, Ceiling - Wallpaper; Texturing and Patterned - Fabrics, Bedding, Accessorizing

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available

Window coverings such as; Graber, Springs Window Fashion, Century Blinds, Sunland Shutters, customer draperies, bedding, & upholstery service. Exterior shades & drapery designs.

Exterior rolling security shutters.