OK Contracting

Founded 2000 • With Angi since May 2009

Remodeling “I’ve seen it all, the good, the bad, and the ugly.” The good. This is when you start your project off right from the beginning, getting the right architect, the right contractor, and the right price. Start off right call O.K. Contracting at 650-996-9668! A bad start to your project is like having a bad foundation; no matter what you do afterwards it will all come falling down eventually. I don’t know how many times I’ve gone to homeowner’s property after they started the project on their own. “ I thought it wouldn't be a problem, I would just hire all the contractors, and do some of the work myself. I figured I could save thousands of dollars, but now my project is over budget along with my contractors, and has become a disaster…can you help me?” The ugly, is when you hire the wrong contractor that doesn’t know what they’re doing; someone who is not qualified and out for a quick buck. There are thousands of them out there, licensed and unlicensed, who are just looking to do mediocre work for double the cost. I know that contractors do have a bad name because of this; I like to call them cowboys.First of all let me introduce myself, Daniel O'Keeffe, and thank you for taking the time to look at my page.I have been working in construction now far over 20 years. I decided to start my own company because, I knew I could run a better business than the contractors I have been working for. Most other contractors only care about the money and how fast they can take it from you. That's no way to do business, why not take some pride in your work , look after your customers and in time you will reap the rewards. That is my philosophy and so far it's proven to work for me. I've never been happier at work since I started my own company and long may it continue. (Honesty is the best policy) remodeling, new construction, additions, home improvement, renovations, general contracting. This is list of what we do best and we have the written testimonials, from customers to back up our claims. We don't leave a project until the customer is 100% satisfied. Your happiness with the end product is our happiness. We can provide you with fresh new ideas, for your home. With over 20 years’ experience in the trade we have the know-how to transform your house into your home. If you are looking to resell your property, we know what buyers are looking for in a property and we can transform your property into a top seller in the market. We provide top quality craftsmanship at an affordable price. Respecting your home is our number one priority; cleanliness is the must in our business. Give us a call or send us an e-mail, even if it's only looking for advice. We would be more than happy to help you. ...

Jon R Crase Construction

Company has been in business since 1978 when Jon Crase started remodeling after stepping away from college. Jon Initially worked in the feild by himself until he felt the need to hire help, now some those same people have been with Jon for over 26 years. The company still does a lot of remodeling and also added restoration work back in 1980 where he is able to take a burned down home and turn it into something new and exciting for such a tragedy. Many restorations turn into a time to make changes and turn families back around to look forward to returning to their new home. It has certainly been a great business over the past 32 years now and what really is exciting these days is that we are now making new homes for our customer's children that are now old enough to own their own.

Junk King Peninsula

Junk King provides full service junk removal and hauling services. We help you clear unwanted clutter from your home or business. Junk King is the #1 Top-rated junk removal company that's locally owned and operated. You only pay for the amount of space your items take up in our truck. Because our trucks are 20% larger than our competitors, you get more value at every price point. As an environmentally friendly junk removal company, we reuse, donate, or recycle up to 60% of everything we pick up. You have more important things to do than get rid of your junk. We're here to give your kingdom back. Call us at (888) 888-5865 or book online today at https://www.junk-king.com

Barrons Cleaning And Detailing

We specialize in everything cleaning and all the details around your home and office. We speacialize in cleaning projects at the professional level from cleaning and renewing surfaces, marble, granite, stone to new installations and replacements of surfaces like new countertops, floors, carpets and more. We also offer remodeling projects like painting, deep cleaning offices or homes. Handy man services, remodeling projects, home and office maintenance like pressure washing, window cleaning, stain removal, carpet cleaning, light bulb replacements and much more. Everything remodeling, resurfacing, and cleaning we sepcialize in. Over 10 years as an independent business.

11/29/2014

Emilia N.

It was a pleasure working with Danny on this project. The scope of our project was fairly straightforward, and throughout the entire process, Danny was professional, punctual, and responsive. Our project started in November 2013, and the first thing that Danny did his best to reduce the amount of disruption that the remodel would have on our daily lives (if that is even possible but at least he did his best). He built a temporary wall between the dining room and living room. The addition was to be adjacent to the living room, and the temporary wall was built to reduce dust between the remodel and our living area. Our living area was effectively reduced by 300 square feet. Throughout the remodel process, Danny moved quickly and updated us daily on the progress being made. He was at the job site almost everyday and was always available via phone or e-mail if we had any questions. When there were hiccups on the job, he would contact us before moving forward with the work. Also, if the amount of work was less than expected from his original proposal, he would not charge the full amount expected for that line item. Fortunately for us, there were no major complications during this remodel, and I would like to thank Danny for making that possible as he stayed in constant communication with us. The project was completed in March 2014, but I would take the blame for the delays in the project. The major delay came from the custom tile that we ordered which required 8 weeks to deliver. We did not expect to purchase custom tile and as a result, Danny's projected schedule was delayed, but he was very accommodating and worked with us to make sure that his crew was ready to install the tile as soon as it arrived. Even after the remodel, Danny and his team have been very responsive. We recently had a few of our tiles come loose at the transition with the living room. He came out within 48 hours to replace the tiles. Danny made the remodel process nearly seamless for us and continues to help us with home issues related to the remodel. He is very responsive and has a great sense of integrity. I highly recommend him for anyone seeking a straightforward professional contractor for their next home project.

Description of Work
We had a 480 square foot addition built as a multi purpose room that included a storage closet to the side. The project included 2 skylights and pocket doors with an 8 foot wide opening that required additional structural components to support the shear wall. Concrete paving was also completed in our backyard for a small patio, and the entire roof was replaced.

Category remodeling,roofing

11/24/2014

Lawrence T.

The job went very well. Danny has a skilled team and I was completely satisfied with their work. They showed up when Danny said they would and did an excellent job. The job involved tearing out the old bathroom to the studs, then building the new bathroom to our drawings. We bought materials such as tile, cabinet, toilets, etc. and Danny provided the construction materials. The work was completed expeditiously and we found Danny and his workers to be easy to deal with. We are totally satisfied.

Description of Work
Total bathroom remodel plus minor home repairs

Category remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling

06/20/2014

Banit A.

We recently hired O.K. Contracting to do our bedroom/bathroom modeling project. Danny came to inspect our home, looked at the proposed remodeling design and came up with estimated costs with breakdown of each costs including electrical, pluming, tiling, drywall, baseboard, etc. He also promised us that he will get the work done in the stipulated time as we were moving out from our old place to move into our new home. After about 4 weeks, he completed all the tasks with good quality. We were really impressed with his follow-ups on each small things during the progress of the project and his attention to details. He got us the city permit and he also scheduled periodic inspections to make sure each things are being done right. These are some of the qualities I really liked about Danny: Down to earth, approachable and easy to talk to: We found Danny to be very approachable and talk on every things on the project. Being a new home owner, you don't know much about the components and materials. But Danny will make sure that you understand about each steps and the details. It was a good learning experience. Accommodating: We were also coming up with some new requests and he always suggested some of his ideas and also gave us upfront the cost/time-frame to complete. Honest: I found Danny to be honest and true to his words. During the progress of the project, he only reached out to me on extra things that was absolutely necessary. The site-cleanup and some finishing (doors size, trim, etc) could have been little better, but I think this is part of this kind of remodeling project -- some small things get missed. One more thing about the electrical was that it was not fully tested whether everything works the way it should work. We had some outlets with no powers and some wrong light/switch connections. But this was fixed right away after I notified this issue to Danny which was very nice. The plumber and tiling work was of high quality. The bathroom floor tiles and wall tiles look really good. Overall, we had a very pleasant experience working with Danny and he completed the project on-time.

Description of Work
Bedroom/ Bathroom Remodeling

Category drywall,electrician,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling

06/16/2014

rahul P.

They let me know right away that they could not do the work because they did not service my area.

Description of Work
I bought a Big Deal from them for 6 hours of carpentry, drywall repair, or general remodeling work.

03/17/2014

Darrell W.

Very quick and responsive on email very quick to provide a fair priced estimate was very clear on the plans and schedule gotten the job done quickly and correctly No fuss, no mess Strongly recommend - we will use him again

Description of Work
repaired a water damaged external wall

10/14/2013

Paul J.

Not knowing the extent of the damage to our beams, it was not possible to make an estimate for the whole job. The owner Danny made an estimate for part of the job, which we planned together, and left further costs to be determined. Danny brought his own scaffolding and, with his assistant, completed the first part and coordinated with a termite inspector to plan the rest of the work. He then made a reasonable cost estimate for the remaining work and completed it in a timely fashion with good quality results. I enjoyed brain storming with Danny on how best to solve the problem.

Description of Work
Repaired high roof beams damaged by termites and decay

06/24/2013

Karl H.

The job was basically to restore existing structures to original, so no design was involved. OK is a very well organized operation. They coordinated with exterminator, completed a clean-up every day and at end of job. I am completely satisfied with the quality of the work done and the finished appearance.

Description of Work
Termite damage repair - Remove and replace siding and shingles over 12X15' area, repair damage to studs and headers, caulk and paint. Remove large planter from redwood deck, rebuild and reinforce staircase, incl. new concrete foundation piling

03/13/2013

Thuvan V.

The overall work looks good. However, I don't like the fact that the owner overcharged me for the total of 2 * 45 minutes (2 handymen showed up the next morning at 9AM and disappeared immediately for 45 minutes, due to "forgetting" some equipments) The OK contractor told me that I have to pay for the time his crew started which was at 9AM until they were finished. Even though, both of these handymen left immediately for 45 minutes and returned around 9:50AM with their equipments! I paid anyway, but certainly, I will never have this company work on my house again.

Description of Work
A small portion of my kitchen needs texture work on the support beam.

Category remodeling

Hi , In our initial meeting you insisted on supplying all materials necessary to complete the work. However, when my professional taping and texturing personnel " not handyman "arrived at your home, none of the correct materials needed were their. Therefore had to go way and purchase them, which I did show you the receipts. I'm very sorry that you feel this way, you did avail of the Angie's list big deal coupon that I provided, which was about half the price that I normally charge. So I'm not sure what more I could've done. Having said that I would be more than happy to refund you any fees that I've charged you, that you think are incorrect, or unfair.

12/03/2012

susan H.

They came out for an estimate, told me they were the wrong company for the job (they're an actual contractor, I have a series of small handyman jobs that need doing), we parted on good terms. The guy was polite and professional in a circumstance where he didn't stand to make any money, and I would certainly call if I had a bigger job that needed doing.

Description of Work
estimate only, no work performed.

Category drywall,interior painters

11/20/2012

Bethany D.

Danny was very professional and prompt to arrive to give an estimate. I had called him for some exterior repairs on a house we were renting. He set up an appointment to provide an estimate the next day after I called him. He examined everything that needed repair and he was very knowledgeable about what needed to be done. I was impressed by his knowledge and attention to details as he made recommendations on different types of wood that would be weather resistant so the overhang would last a longer time . I knew he would do a quality job. My landlord eventually decided to go with another contractor for the job, but we both were impressed by his detailed estimate and professionalism.

Description of Work
Called Danny for an estimate for some exterior repairs on a house we are renting. Had an attached overhang outside on the house that was collapsing and needed it replaced.

OK Contracting

Founded 2000 • With Angi since May 2009

509 Sierra Vista Ave #9

Mountain View, CA 94043

New Construction, Remodeling & Repair, Wood Deck & Porch, Cabinets & Countertops, & Hardwood Flooring

Check, PayPal