OK Contracting

Founded 2000 • With Angi since May 2009

509 Sierra Vista Ave #9

Mountain View, CA 94043

Remodeling “I’ve seen it all, the good, the bad, and the ugly.” The good. This is when you start your project off right from the beginning, getting the right architect, the right contractor, and the right price. Start off right call O.K. Contracting at 650-996-9668! A bad start to your project

07/07/2015

Brian K.

Category remodeling, roofing

11/29/2014

Emilia N.

It was a pleasure working with Danny on this project. The scope of our project was fairly straightforward, and throughout the entire process, Danny was professional, punctual, and responsive. Our project started in November 2013, and the first thing that Danny did his best to reduce the amount of disruption that the remodel would have on our daily lives (if that is even possible but at least he did his best). He built a temporary wall between the dining room and living room. The addition was to be adjacent to the living room, and the temporary wall was built to reduce dust between the remodel and our living area. Our living area was effectively reduced by 300 square feet. Throughout the remodel process, Danny moved quickly and updated us daily on the progress being made. He was at the job site almost everyday and was always available via phone or e-mail if we had any questions. When there were hiccups on the job, he would contact us before moving forward with the work. Also, if the amount of work was less than expected from his original proposal, he would not charge the full amount expected for that line item. Fortunately for us, there were no major complications during this remodel, and I would like to thank Danny for making that possible as he stayed in constant communication with us. The project was completed in March 2014, but I would take the blame for the delays in the project. The major delay came from the custom tile that we ordered which required 8 weeks to deliver. We did not expect to purchase custom tile and as a result, Danny's projected schedule was delayed, but he was very accommodating and worked with us to make sure that his crew was ready to install the tile as soon as it arrived. Even after the remodel, Danny and his team have been very responsive. We recently had a few of our tiles come loose at the transition with the living room. He came out within 48 hours to replace the tiles. Danny made the remodel process nearly seamless for us and continues to help us with home issues related to the remodel. He is very responsive and has a great sense of integrity. I highly recommend him for anyone seeking a straightforward professional contractor for their next home project.

Description of Work
We had a 480 square foot addition built as a multi purpose room that included a storage closet to the side. The project included 2 skylights and pocket doors with an 8 foot wide opening that required additional structural components to support the shear wall. Concrete paving was also completed in our backyard for a small patio, and the entire roof was replaced.

Category remodeling, roofing

11/24/2014

Lawrence T.

The job went very well. Danny has a skilled team and I was completely satisfied with their work. They showed up when Danny said they would and did an excellent job. The job involved tearing out the old bathroom to the studs, then building the new bathroom to our drawings. We bought materials such as tile, cabinet, toilets, etc. and Danny provided the construction materials. The work was completed expeditiously and we found Danny and his workers to be easy to deal with. We are totally satisfied.

Description of Work
Total bathroom remodel plus minor home repairs

Category remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

06/20/2014

Banit A.

We recently hired O.K. Contracting to do our bedroom/bathroom modeling project. Danny came to inspect our home, looked at the proposed remodeling design and came up with estimated costs with breakdown of each costs including electrical, pluming, tiling, drywall, baseboard, etc. He also promised us that he will get the work done in the stipulated time as we were moving out from our old place to move into our new home. After about 4 weeks, he completed all the tasks with good quality. We were really impressed with his follow-ups on each small things during the progress of the project and his attention to details. He got us the city permit and he also scheduled periodic inspections to make sure each things are being done right. These are some of the qualities I really liked about Danny: Down to earth, approachable and easy to talk to: We found Danny to be very approachable and talk on every things on the project. Being a new home owner, you don't know much about the components and materials. But Danny will make sure that you understand about each steps and the details. It was a good learning experience. Accommodating: We were also coming up with some new requests and he always suggested some of his ideas and also gave us upfront the cost/time-frame to complete. Honest: I found Danny to be honest and true to his words. During the progress of the project, he only reached out to me on extra things that was absolutely necessary. The site-cleanup and some finishing (doors size, trim, etc) could have been little better, but I think this is part of this kind of remodeling project -- some small things get missed. One more thing about the electrical was that it was not fully tested whether everything works the way it should work. We had some outlets with no powers and some wrong light/switch connections. But this was fixed right away after I notified this issue to Danny which was very nice. The plumber and tiling work was of high quality. The bathroom floor tiles and wall tiles look really good. Overall, we had a very pleasant experience working with Danny and he completed the project on-time.

Description of Work
Bedroom/ Bathroom Remodeling

Category drywall, electrician, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

06/16/2014

rahul P.

They let me know right away that they could not do the work because they did not service my area.

Description of Work
I bought a Big Deal from them for 6 hours of carpentry, drywall repair, or general remodeling work.

03/17/2014

Darrell W.

Very quick and responsive on email very quick to provide a fair priced estimate was very clear on the plans and schedule gotten the job done quickly and correctly No fuss, no mess Strongly recommend - we will use him again

Description of Work
repaired a water damaged external wall

10/14/2013

Paul J.

Not knowing the extent of the damage to our beams, it was not possible to make an estimate for the whole job. The owner Danny made an estimate for part of the job, which we planned together, and left further costs to be determined. Danny brought his own scaffolding and, with his assistant, completed the first part and coordinated with a termite inspector to plan the rest of the work. He then made a reasonable cost estimate for the remaining work and completed it in a timely fashion with good quality results. I enjoyed brain storming with Danny on how best to solve the problem.

Description of Work
Repaired high roof beams damaged by termites and decay

06/24/2013

Karl H.

The job was basically to restore existing structures to original, so no design was involved. OK is a very well organized operation. They coordinated with exterminator, completed a clean-up every day and at end of job. I am completely satisfied with the quality of the work done and the finished appearance.

Description of Work
Termite damage repair - Remove and replace siding and shingles over 12X15' area, repair damage to studs and headers, caulk and paint. Remove large planter from redwood deck, rebuild and reinforce staircase, incl. new concrete foundation piling

03/13/2013

Thuvan V.

The overall work looks good. However, I don't like the fact that the owner overcharged me for the total of 2 * 45 minutes (2 handymen showed up the next morning at 9AM and disappeared immediately for 45 minutes, due to "forgetting" some equipments) The OK contractor told me that I have to pay for the time his crew started which was at 9AM until they were finished. Even though, both of these handymen left immediately for 45 minutes and returned around 9:50AM with their equipments! I paid anyway, but certainly, I will never have this company work on my house again.

Description of Work
A small portion of my kitchen needs texture work on the support beam.

Category remodeling

Hi , In our initial meeting you insisted on supplying all materials necessary to complete the work. However, when my professional taping and texturing personnel " not handyman "arrived at your home, none of the correct materials needed were their. Therefore had to go way and purchase them, which I did show you the receipts. I'm very sorry that you feel this way, you did avail of the Angie's list big deal coupon that I provided, which was about half the price that I normally charge. So I'm not sure what more I could've done. Having said that I would be more than happy to refund you any fees that I've charged you, that you think are incorrect, or unfair.

12/03/2012

susan H.

They came out for an estimate, told me they were the wrong company for the job (they're an actual contractor, I have a series of small handyman jobs that need doing), we parted on good terms. The guy was polite and professional in a circumstance where he didn't stand to make any money, and I would certainly call if I had a bigger job that needed doing.

Description of Work
estimate only, no work performed.

Category drywall, interior painters

11/20/2012

Bethany D.

Danny was very professional and prompt to arrive to give an estimate. I had called him for some exterior repairs on a house we were renting. He set up an appointment to provide an estimate the next day after I called him. He examined everything that needed repair and he was very knowledgeable about what needed to be done. I was impressed by his knowledge and attention to details as he made recommendations on different types of wood that would be weather resistant so the overhang would last a longer time . I knew he would do a quality job. My landlord eventually decided to go with another contractor for the job, but we both were impressed by his detailed estimate and professionalism.

Description of Work
Called Danny for an estimate for some exterior repairs on a house we are renting. Had an attached overhang outside on the house that was collapsing and needed it replaced.

10/19/2012

Christine Z.

A mistake was made when an original negative review comment was posted to this company's record on angie's list. I was on the phone with a representative from Angie's list about a different company that I tried to work with. The representative said he would add the information as a review -- but the bad review for the other company showed up in Danny's OK Contracting company review. This was a terrible mistake - especially because I would hire OK Construction. Danny's response below is true and he provided a good and fair bid. I am very sorry this mistake was made.

Description of Work
Danny was great. Although I didn't go forward with the project at the time, I will call him back. He followed through as he said he would with several bids which provided different options to do the job. I thought this was very helpful. His rates are fair and he has great references. He had great suggestions on how to handle the project and I really appreciate the time he took to work with me on the project planning.

Category drywall, remodeling, woodworking

Hi Customer, I'm confused with this reviewed that you posted. I met with you at your condo on Friday 6/22 at 8:30 . You walked me true everything that you needed to get done. We had a pleasant conversation, and I said that I would get back to you with a proposal when the next few days. I sent you a proposal for your project on June 26, which your response was " Hi Danny, Thanks for sending over your bid. I will need some time to consider the bids and I wanted you to know that I may not be making a decision this week or next by by mid-July I will have made a decision. I appreciate the time you took to talk with me about the arbors and to prepare the bid. I'll let you know if I have any questions. Thank you, Customer" this is actually copied and paste directly from your email that you sent me on June 27. This was the last communication that I had which you, and have presumed that you went with another contractor. So to say that "I never heard from him" is simply not accurate. Maybe you have me confused with another contractor? Danny ok contracting

09/09/2012

Niraj D.

I contacted Danny and suggested that I had three different projects. He picked one that could be done in 6 hours which was painting my stair rail and I knew there would be left over time for some additional repair. I had a hole in one of my doors and that also got repaired. Overall, it was a very good experience.

Description of Work
I had bought an Angies list coupon for 6 hours of general remodeling for $199. Danny was great to work with and was patient with my schedule. It took me a while to get him scheduled and ultimately ended up using my 6 hours towards some painting and repair work. it worked out very well.

07/26/2012

Colin R.

Outstanding. When buying a small house in Palo Alto we needed to add 45 sq ft. to the master bedroom. The architects I called estimated $30k, so we tried to save a little money by hiring a contractor and asking him to prepare the simple drawings and retain an engineer. Total disaster - after a month we still had no plans for the city, and I had to replace the contractor who had achieved nothing. We found a great architect (Young Borlik) who salvaged the plans for a reasonable fee, and hired Danny to try getting the job done before we moved in. He quoted just a little more than the original contractor, but it was day and night. Danny made everything happen on time and on budget, adapting to all sorts of constraints and last minute changes we threw at him. Somehow he got everything done perfectly on our original schedule and precisely as he estimated. He was a pleasure to work with, and by far the best of the many types of contractors we have hired on our previous three homes. The best part of the project was probably the closet we had him add at the end. It seems like a relatively trivial thing, but the obvious attention to detail about how it matches up with various complexities of the room makes us continue to appreciate this work every day. I wish we could hire him to remodel the whole house. I don't think you could go wrong with this company.

Description of Work
Bumped out a 15' supporting wall of an Eichler style house by 3' under existing roof line with new foundation.

04/17/2012

Soeun P.

Danny approached each job with the utmost integrity and flawless follow-through. He is on top of everything, which is what a great contractor is supposed to do. You don't have to be constantly checking on things if Danny is your contractor. He is polite, professional, and trustworthy. It was a pleasure to have him around our home and I wouldn't hesitate to contact him again when I need another job done.

Description of Work
Danny came out to rescue us from a very dangerous structural flaw in our new home. We had no idea that we had put our two little boys in serious danger until his roofer found that the chimney above their room could collapse any minute. We evacuated our precious sons and called Danny immediately. Even though he was busy that day he came over within hours and started to remove the chimney the next day. I can't tell you how reassuring it was to have him respond so quickly to our problem.

09/22/2011

Ailish K.

Danny and his crew were a pleasure to work with. He is the nicest guy to have around your house, as were his crew. Completely trustworthy to leave on their own when we were out at work. Professional and knowledge on every level. He's been in the business a long time and it shows. He can offer you many different options to suit any budget. I would recommend OK Contracting and Danny really highly.

Description of Work
We completely remodeled our garage and turned it into a playroom for our two daughters. That included completely leveling off the ceiling, rerouting wiring, installing lighting, installing heaters, putting in base boards. He also installed a complete set of 15 cabinets around the wall perimeter, closed off the furnace, retextured all the walls and put in a epoxy rubber floor. The result is a fabulous room the kids can enjoy year round. We also had a lot of interior work done, family room painting, interior/exterior door painting, bathroom retexturing and painting, shower door install. We also had all out garden lighting installed. Danny O'Keeffe, owner of OK Contracting, was recommended to me by my sister who had her whole house remodeled with him. From the very start, Danny was responsive over the phone and email and text. He got us our estimate in a timely fashion and his rates were extremely competitive. His crew arrived on the days they said they would and the whole job was done in the time agreed. It did not go over budget but stayed almost to the letter of the original quote. His work was lovely and beautifully done. In the instance where we had questions he addressed them immediately. We were delighted with all the work and two years later it still holds up and we continue to enjoy living in our new garage/playroom.

Category electrician, remodeling, interior painters, doors

08/24/2011

Elissa Murphy R.

We recently had Danny O?Keefe (OK Contracting) install a spa in our backyard. We were a bit nervous since the spa was a custom stainless steel design and needed to be installed with the utmost care. Danny did an *exceptional* job on all aspects of the job. Not only were he and his crew incredibly polite and professional, they also kept the worksite very tidy (despite it being a fairly messy and muddy job). More importantly, however, Danny is incredibly competent. His attention to detail, problem solving capabilities, and overall drive for results are notable. He communicated at all stages of the job, and also was incredibly fair. Normally, when you hire a contractor ? you have to point out the detail and finish work to them to complete. With Danny, that is never the case ? he is always one step ahead and watching the details. It is clear he takes great pride in the job he does, and it is top quality. In fact, it?s the best quality work we?ve ever had done by a contractor. While initially, we thought his bid within range (although perhaps a wee bit high) ? we learned that in fact the bid was incredibly reasonable given the amount of work the job entailed. It was much more than we anticipated, and his cost in the end was spot on particularly given the work, quality and timeliness of completion. We give a very strong recommendation for Danny, and plan to rehire him for any additional work we have done at the house.

Description of Work
Installation of designer stainless steel spa tub in outdoor patio area (work included demo of area, excavation, trenching, concrete work, prep of spa foundation, electrical work, masonry, new retaining wall, and cleanup).

Category contractors, concrete repair, electrician, excavators, hauling services, masonry, pool cleaners, remodeling, wells, mudjacking, hardscaping

06/18/2011

Subha S.

Danny came in to an estimate for me. Even though I didn't end up using him ultimately to do the job, my initial experience of scheduling the appointment, his attention to detail while evaluating the property and his professionalism was all very good. Would definitely consider for a future job

Description of Work
Was brought in to evaluate a remodelling project

06/16/2011

Andrew H.

The work was fabulous, and I have already recommended OK Contracting to my friends. I will re-hire OK Contracting in the future. The work was done promptly and quickly. He (and his people) showed up every morning before 9 AM, and stayed till about 5:30 each day. Each day, for the last 30 minutes, they would clean up the place. They really impressed me with the quality of their work (very good), and the quality of the cleanliness (excellent). We never felt like we were living in a construction zone. He made sure that, every night, we could live normally. First, they framed all the areas that needed new walls. Next, they brought in an electrician to re-wire the areas with new lighting, etc. Next, they drywalled the new walls. Spackle and texture the dry walls (couple of days to get it right) Install finish woodwork Paint The remodel looks perfect. It looks like the house was built this way. It doens't look like a "converted place". We are very happy. There was not "price creep" in the job. He invoiced me for the price he quoted me.

Description of Work
We remodeled a family room and converted it into a large bedroom. This required some framing (install a new wall), install a new closet, some electrical work, some drywall work, texturing, finish carpentry, and painting. Also required installing a couple of new doors. Danny O'keefe (OK Contracting) did about half of the work. The painting and electrical work were sub-contracted out. The entire job took about 7 working days.

05/26/2011

Justine F.

Overall, we had a good experience and we will use him again.

Description of Work
Danny helped complete some extensive stair and banister repairs. He was prompt, reliable and gave good advice on how to complete some repairs in certain areas.

Category decks, remodeling

04/12/2011

Paul F.

From my first contact over the phone with Danny O'Keeffe I was impressed with his open communication style and willingness to work with us. While certainly not the largest job he's done, he always delivered on his promises. I had the opportunity to watch some of his work, and his attention to detail and his pride in his (and his subs') workmanship was excellent. He first submitted a bid to do a gut and remodel of our kitchen which had suffered water damage. When we had a couple of concerns over the bid (custom cabinets seemed overkill), he immediately suggested semi-custom, and connected us with an excellent vendor. He and the cabinet provider/kitchen designer collaborated on a complete bid, and cabinets were ordered. Danny then scheduled the job to begin so that the cabinets would arrived at exactly the right time. He estimated 6-8 weeks for the job. Six weeks later they hauled away the debris box and the portable toilet, and we began to move into our beautiful, and wonderfully put together new kitchen. I would work with Danny again in a minute, and we have already solicited a bid from him to remodel two bathrooms!

Description of Work
Services focused on kitchen remodel design and implementation, including mitigation of water and mold damage. Danny provided several bids as our plans evolved, connected us with a cabinet maker subcontractor and a granite countertop provider, and directed brought in electrical, plumbing, flooring, and painting subs.

Category electrician, hardwood floor, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

06/01/2010

cecilia H.

Experience was splendid. Danny communicates very well, detailed, timely and good information on the status and challenges with the job. The quality delivered is equally good from his sub contractors and himself. He is well connected and manages the job with sub contractors without getting home owner involved in the process. Danny is better than most at committing to completion dates and delivering. His estimates of both time and budgets are dead on. I would recommend him and ask him to perform future jobs for me.

Description of Work
Contractor has performed a few assignments including floors, sound proof wall installation, windows, painting, electrical, wood and stucco remodeling.

Category electrician, flooring contractor, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, stucco, interior painters

03/30/2010

Brooke B.

All I have to say is Danny should change his title of O.K. Contracting to Great Contracting. Danny is fantastic! He was very quick to respond to my initial inquiry and had an estimate sent to me in a very short period of time. When I gave him the green light to start the project, he was on top of things. He is the first contractor I've EVER worked with that actually completed the project when they said they would. I highly recommend Danny for any construction project and look forward to working with him again in the future.

Description of Work
* Frame in new 14' x 8' 2 x 4 wall in the living room * Move existing master bedroom door approximately 6 to 8 feet * Move existing light switch closer to new entry door in new bedroom * Move existing thermostat to living room wall * Sheetrock new 14' x 8' wall * Install (2) new 2'x8" door to match existing doors * Texture and finished to match existing walls * Cleanup on Holloway all waste material

Category remodeling, doors

02/15/2010

Aoife K.

Danny was excellent to work with. He was punctual, efficient and very easy to communicate with. He arrived when he said he would and completed work on time to a high standard. He is very kid-friendly and did not mind my kids getting in the way. Danny has a good base of contractors that he works with that are also excellent. I was under the gun to get the remodel done before the birth of my third baby and Danny got the work done not only on time but ahead of time. I was extremely appreciative of that. Danny is a true professional, I would have no hesitation recommending him to anyone.

Description of Work
Danny O'Keefe worked on the remodel of our house. It was a significant job both inside and out including a french drain being built around the outside of the house.

05/18/2009

Joseph C.

We could not be any happier with the service we received and mainly the honesty we received as well. Daniel (the owner) was always on the job site (unlike most contractors who are rarely there). He was extremely personable and i would recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
I got several quotes, some were higher than others. OK contracting gave us a good bid and many references to go with it. We had almost a total remodel of our house including our garage, kitchen, bathroom and one bedroom. We could not be any happier with the service we received and mainly the honesty we received as well.

Category remodeling, structural engineer, home remodeling