Kwik Key Lock & Safe

Founded 1970 • With Angi since November 2004

1949 West El Camino Real

Mountain View, CA 94040

We’re a locally owned and operated locksmith company in Mountain View. We specialize in excellent service at competitive prices. …and yes we do duplicate keys. In fact, we have the largest selection of key blanks in the area. Our fleet of vans and team of experienced locksmiths are ready to re-key, repair, replace, open or install. For security service you can trust, call Kwik Key....

05/27/2021

Park C.

Showed up on time and did a thorough job for a very reasonable price.

Description of Work
Repair two old jammed locks on front door.

01/14/2019

David S.

They didn't respond to my request for quote for 24 days, and then when they did, it was just "call us" - not even costs. Vendors shouldn't use Angie's list if they can't respond in a timely manner.

Description of Work
rekey entire house

02/27/2017

Patricia C.

The repair person made it his priority to try to fix the latch before considering the more expensive option (replacement). He analyzed the mechanics of the latch and was able to repair the misalignment. He was also very efficient.

Description of Work
The front door latch stopped working, so we could not get into or out of the house!

06/03/2014

SUSANNE M.

Very pleased with immediate response and expert service.

Description of Work
The lock mechanism on our back door broke and we couldn't open the door at all. Kwik came within an hour of my call. They ended up taking the mechanism out and replacing it. It took awhile to get it out as it broke inside the door...sort of a nightmare, but after that, it went fast. He clearly knew exactly what had to be done and saved us!

09/04/2013

John M.

They were very good, cause I needed them in fairly quickly and they were able to. They got there on the time and the guy was very good.

Description of Work
Kwik Key Lock & Safe came and changed the lock for me at the backdoor. I lost the key and I was very concerned about where I lost it and who might have it so I had them re-key my back door. They changed the key and gave me 3 copies of the key.

05/07/2012

Kathy B.

I had them put in a new lock for me and I was happy with the service they provided. I give them an A rating and I will use them again.

Description of Work
I used KWIK KEY LOCK & SAFE INC to put a new ock in for me.

03/13/2012

Paolo F.

I called to have the work done within a week, but he was able to come immediately, and he performed the work in less than one hour. He was also very professional: he asked the right questions about the work and he also pointed out a deadbolt that needed rekeying but that I was missing.

Description of Work
Rekeyed 3 deadbolts.

10/20/2011

Carl W. D.

It went very well. Not only was the problem fixed, I didn't have to buy a new lock.

Description of Work
Door woud not stay closed and couldn't lock. Repairs were made .

03/18/2011

christine M.

Overall they have been good. The outside door lock took a couple of tries but it was not the fault of Kwik Key. The condo association didn't want to replace the center of the locks. Finally enough people complained and they replaced them. The Kwik Key people were fine. They were reasonably priced.

Description of Work
We used Kwik Key Lock & Safe for a door inside where the key was sticking. We live in a condo and the association also used them to work on an outside door lock.

07/28/2010

Erin B.

It was fine overall. I liked that I mad an appointment and they came that day. I called that morning and they came. They were a little bit late, but they had called to let me know they were running late, so that made up for the lateness in my mind.

Description of Work
We had both door keys made and multiple keys made.

05/19/2010

GAYLE W.

The repair came, recognized the problem quickly, replaced the latch and left all with 30 minutes! Great service

Description of Work
Latch not working properly on front door

03/24/2010

Stephen S.

Efficient and professional. All activity done on-site and finished in less than 90 minutes.

Description of Work
Installed one new lock and re-keyed two others.

02/24/2010

Nancy C.

Punctual. Did work professionally. Extremely pleased overall.

Description of Work
Replaced the tumblers in locks on front and back doors, including dead bolts.

02/12/2010

Adam W.

Extremely responsive and professional throughout. They went through the different options and dissuaded us from spending more money than we needed to (very important after just moving in). The quality of work was great and they laid everything out simply and easily.

Description of Work
Re-keying six locks and replacing two handlesets.

09/24/2009

John D.

The worker showed up approximately on time, listened patiently as I explained what I wanted done and then got to work. About 1+ hours later all the work was completed perfectly. He even flipped over one of the doorknob locks that had been originally installed upside down. Overall, I was very satisfied and would not hesitate to use him again.

Description of Work
re-keyed 4 locks (2 doorknobs and 2 deadbolts) and fixed one hard to open deadbolt (needed more than just lubrication)

07/02/2009

Joshua M.

Service was on time and professional. I would use this vendor again. I doubt I could get this quality service for a better price.

Description of Work
Call was originally to rekey two residential doors and provide several copies of each key. The estimate was $100. While he was there, he also for $12 parts and $15 labor, fixed the latch on an additional door.

06/16/2009

christine M.

I made the appointment just a few days before they came out to do the work. The person that came out to complete the work was punctual and professional. He changed the core on both the lock and the deadbolt and made us 2 sets of new keys in about a half and hour. The new keys work much more smoothly than our old ones.

Description of Work
We moved into a new condo unit and wanted to have the locks changed and some extra keys made.

02/17/2009

Carey C.

I scheduled an appointment a few days out, though they offered to come that same day. The locksmith was early, but very polite about it. He was courteous, efficient, and competent. It was good work done at a reasonable price, with convenient scheduling.

Description of Work
Rekeyed two locks on one door, and two extra copies of each key.

10/13/2008

HELEN B.

They did a very good job. They came and did the work within an hour. The price was reasonable for the work that they did. I would recommend them to others and used them again if I had to.

Description of Work
They came to re-key two doors for us in the house that we just moved into.

08/26/2008

Vierra W.

Repairman arrived on-time. Took apart deadbolt to analyze the problem. 10 minutes later he said I would need a new part in the deadbolt. The part was ordered and he put a temporary fix on the deadbolt so it would function properly. Part arrived next day.

Description of Work
Repaired broken deadbolt.

06/25/2008

SARAH B.

The job went well overall and I would use them again.

Description of Work
They re-keyed a lock on our town home.

06/16/2008

Elzbieta H.

They were knowledgeable and efficient. Made an appointment within hours of me calling and were on time. Price was better than some others who had a very high minimum cost, over 150% of what I ended up paying.

Description of Work
Repaired a broken front door lock.

05/08/2008

Nathan C.

I had bought 3 locks from a big box home improvement store, but could not find them with the same key code. I took one key and the other two locks and keys to their store to have them rekeyed to the same key. Dropped off at 10AM. They called me back a couple hours later (as expected) and said they were ready. Went to pick up and installed at home myself. Everything works great. I even noticed that the two locks they worked on were much smoother than the one that was not touched.

Description of Work
Re-keyed two locks to a key I already had. All locks from the same manufacturer.

05/06/2008

JOANNE H.

The guy was 10 minutes. Otherwise he did a good job.

Description of Work
Rekey two doors and add dead bolt on each door.

02/07/2008

Eric W.

They were clear on the price, there when they said they would be there, quick, efficient, and friendly.

Description of Work
Let me in to my place after I locked myself out.

Mustang Locksmith

I am doing as a locksmith and taking care of all the issues with the commercial and residential locks. I offer services as follow: - Emergency Lock Services - Re key - House Locked out, Office L/O & Car L/O - Fresh Installation - Master keying System - Lock Installation ( Mechanical & Keypad) - Key Copy - Broken Key Extraction - Lock Repair & so many other services. Satisfaction and quality is my priority.

Locks & Locksmiths: Key duplication, sale of all types of locks, safes, exit hardware, door closers, key accessories, key storage boxes and more. Mobile services include lockouts, repairs, rekeying and installation.