Design Everest

Founded 2005 • With Angi since September 2009

Design Everest is a leading supplier of engineering and design services for residential and commercial construction in California. We are dedicated to providing high-quality with project delivery on schedule and within budget. Established in 2005, we have expanded throughout the state of California

Home Depot131 Angela Dr, Los Altos131 Angela Dr, Los Altos

Addition in San Jose

home remodeling

Expansion & Interior remodel that included a new master bedroom, media room, partial roof renovation & expansion of a single-story house. Delivered the architecture (via a partner) & engineering plans.
View project

3.6

3.8

3.8

3.9

3.7

structural engineering (20)architect (6)earthquake retrofitting (2)drain pipe installation (1)

09/07/2022

Anaram S.

It has been 4 months since I started working with them for a simple drainage renovation. I was lucky that I chose another company for internal and foundation renovation and Everest did not do the planning. I am done with other projects and this one has not even started. They did provide false information regarding what they needed. They are very slow and make a lot of mistakes. Each time, permit center add more and more comments since they don't response properly. I am an engineer myslef. The work they do in a month could be done in 4 hours. It is late for me since I have paid in full and have not got what I need to get the permit. But it is not late for you. Run far away from them.

Description of Work
I had a simple drainage renovation

Category drain pipe

Work Completed On 05/02/2022

07/08/2022

Jon Y.

I'd recommend having your leg amputated without anesthesia before I'd recommend using Design Everest. They quoted me 5-6 weeks to complete architectural plans and 3-4 weeks to complete engineering plans. I got quotes from several other architect firms, but Design Everest had the fastest turnaround time so I signed a contract with them. What a mistake! I signed the contract on October 19th. It's now July 8th and they're still not finished. The plans that were supposed to be finished in 5-6 weeks took nearly 5 1/2 months. We submitted the plans to the city and they sent them back with comments. While some comments are normal, these plans had missing labels and measurements. It was obvious I was given incomplete plans. I submitted the comments to Design Everest to be addressed. They told me it would take 4 weeks. That's right, it was going to take them nearly as long to address comments on the plans as what they quoted me to draw up the architectural plans from scratch. 4 weeks has now turned into 6 weeks and counting because we had to wait for clarification from the city on the placement of my garage because apparently, Design Everest doesn't know Los Angeles building codes. This error resulted in having to decrease the length of my garage. This would be accomplished by moving a single wall 4 feet. They needed a week to do this. That's right, 40 hours were needed to move a single wall on a one-story, flat roof building. And now they're telling me it will be another two weeks for the engineer to do his part. If you love waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting, then Design Everest might be for you. Otherwise, stay away!!

Description of Work
Architectural plans

Category remodeling, structural engineer, architect

Work Completed On 07/08/2022

03/31/2022

Mary M.

This is the worst case scenario possible. It is not complete, 4 months have gone by and the engineer is asking me to hire a construction company to complete the task they were paid $5000.00 for. They were asked to draw structural drawings and do calculations for a deck railing replacement to be submitted to Sonoma County and installed by a glass railing company. I was assured they could do this.

Description of Work
Structural drawings (blueprints) for a replacement deck railing

Work Completed On 03/30/2022

Review for Design Everest  - 365 Flower Ln, Mountain View, CA - 39679874

12/08/2021

Galina G.

This is the worst Engineering Design firm. They outsource their engineers from India. They are incapable of accomplishing the plans on time. Do not use this place. We are still waiting for our structural and civil plans. You can’t speak with the engineers directly and have to go through an intermediary who lacks the basic knowledge about construction. They are completely incompetent and all of their positive reviews are fake! Do not use this company. You will get nothing but aggregations.

Description of Work
Worst Engineering Firm with outsourced Engineers.

Category picture framing, structural engineer

Work Completed On 12/08/2021

10/14/2021

Matthew M.

Completely unprofessional and untrustworthy. I called to get a structural engineer to do an assessment of my house. They confirmed my location, asked for payment in full (which I sent) and then signed a contract. Then they said they don't service my location. I'm still waiting on my refund.

Description of Work
Structural assessment of house

Work Completed On 10/14/2021

06/09/2020

Jiazi G.

Design Everest is the best company I ever worked with. They have great pricing and very professional team. I had last minutes urgent request, they were able to help on the spot, saved me a lot problem and money on my home remodeling. I highly recommend them for anyone!

Description of Work
Remodeling

Category remodeling, structural engineer, architect, earthquake retrofitting

Work Completed On 06/08/2020

09/24/2019

Carolyn H.

Update 11/12/2019 They were very apologetic and they refunded the $600 that I've paid them. They have compensated me with regards to the bad service that did before.

Description of Work
Estimate on earthquake retrofitting; $600 paid up front for estimate. Arrived on time. Spent approximately 15 minutes for estimate (less time than other two contractors who gave free estimate). Said would write it up and get back to me. Haven't heard from company since.

Category structural engineer, earthquake retrofitting

Work Completed On 09/24/2019

Hi, We take pride in our customer service. We reached out to this client immediately after hearing about her concerns. We have resolved our client's concerns and she is happy with the resolution.

09/20/2019

JASON K.

Jessica is very profession in arranging a visit by one of their structural engineer to confirm a wall is non-load bearing. Edward came, observed and confirmed it. He also provided info what city may need for getting a permit for removing it. He is also very professional and very knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Observe if a wall is non-load bearing

Work Completed On 09/20/2019

08/28/2018

Lucy L.

Excellent!

Description of Work
Review of seismic safety

Work Completed On 07/02/2018

08/02/2018

William W.

Went well, the engineer was prompt and provided a comprehensive written report with recommendations.

Description of Work
Evaluation of building foundation

Work Completed On 07/09/2018

01/24/2018

Donald P.

I worked with Design Everest (Josh) when I needed to bring to code some unpermitted work on my home that had been altered prior to 1978. Design Everest was prompt to supply drawings of the structural work required. When my contractor found existing conditions that called for the engineers to review their plan, DE was very quick to review those existing conditions, change the plans and write cover letters (twice) to the City inspectors describing and confirming 'as built conditions' met code were sufficient from the original build. I am very happy with the end result, and although I questioned the cost of their bid at the onsite, I believe that what was discovered during construction and with the changes made, the cost turned out to be worth it the expense. I highly recommend using this firm.

Description of Work
Structural review and plans for unpermitted work to my home

Work Completed On 12/16/2017

12/03/2017

Chad W.

First there process of transmitting construction documents, getting a proposal and signing a contract was the easiest and smoothest i heave experienced. The principal engineer communicated well and finished the work in a very timely manor. Signed plans were delivered immediately. Excellent job.

Description of Work
Structural engineering for a house design by chadwilliamsdesign . com ..

Work Completed On 12/03/2017

Review for Design Everest  - 365 Flower Ln, Mountain View, CA - 36634842

11/17/2017

Jamie F.

Went really well. Design Everest was a great company to work with. They worked quickly and efficiently for a great deal. not only were the knowledgable and friendly, they answered all my questions and made the process very smooth. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Structural engineering on private home.

Work Completed On 11/17/2017

08/09/2017

Harley B.

They were easy to work with and very attentive to my needs. They are skilled and professional. I would use them again for any engineering project.

Description of Work
Design Everest was contracted to provide structural plans on a home addition.

Work Completed On 08/09/2017

04/13/2017

rosalind K.

It went well

Description of Work
Loan drawings

Work Completed On 05/02/2017

12/13/2016

Francisco S.

Not well at all. I hired them to give me plans on taking out the load bearing wall. They had one delay after another. After four weeks of waiting I was informed that the engineer handling my case had health issue and it would be turn over to another engineer. They gave me a later date of completion and still could not make it. Still I waited. Now after more than five weeks they informed me that they needed more information to complete the project. My remodeling project was on hold and my contractor nor myself could wait no longer. I went ahead and cancelled the contract with them. It was a waste of my time and money. One good thing was the secretary was very nice and informative. My recommendation is that if you have a small project like mine, go elsewhere. I do not recommend them.

Description of Work
I am remodeling my kitchen and wanted to remove a load bearing wall. I needed schematics on the engineering aspect of removing the wall.

Work Completed On 12/08/2016

12/10/2016

Abhijeet D.

Only person I ever got to speak to was the project manager Lyndsey on the phone who promised to schedule time with the designer/architect. Never responded back. They expect you to sign a contract before they will meet you.

Description of Work
Remodel and addition

Work Completed On 11/28/2016

12/02/2016

Diana C.

It didn't go well because they don't seem to be able to respond to emails.

Description of Work
I emailed them once inquiring about a consultation with them. After not receiving a response, I emailed a second time to ask if they were too busy for new customers. Bryce emailed back and told me they were not too busy for new customers and asked me a few questions. I responded to him and haven't heard back in two weeks despite a follow up email. If they are so unresponsive with a potential customer, I can only imagine they will be even less responsive after they have collected your money. I would avoid.

Work Completed On 11/19/2016

06/15/2016

Kyrolos E.

I hired Design Everest to complete structural drawings for a new single family house in Oakland, CA. They were super responsive and lightning fast. I spoke directly with the engineer once and he seemed knowledgeable and friendly.

Description of Work
Structural engineering for new house.

Work Completed On 03/30/2016

06/13/2016

ANGIE W.

He providing the structual engineering drawings; worked with my architect and contractor with a quick turn around. The planning department continued to frustrate all, but he continued to provide answers to them and my architect.

Description of Work
Aakash provided the structual engineering design (very quickly) required to submit to the city of San Francisco's very frustrating permitting process for the interior stairs I wanted to connect with my basement unit with my residence.

Work Completed On 05/01/2016

03/11/2016

Rohit T.

They were absolutely wonderful to work with. They took all of the complexity out of the process and I plan to use them on all of my future needs.

Description of Work
They did structural engineering for the home remodel

Work Completed On 08/12/2015

Contact

Phone

365 Flower Ln

Mountain View, CA 94043

Website

Land Survey and Soil Report.

C 37670