Design Everest

Mountain View, CA 94043

Addition in San Jose

Addition in San Jose

home remodeling
Expansion & Interior remodel that included a new master bedroom, media room, partial roof renovation & expansion of a single-story house. Delivered the architecture (via a partner) & engineering plans.

Design Everest is a leading supplier of engineering and design services for residential and commercial construction in California. We are dedicated to providing high-quality with project delivery on schedule and within budget. Established in 2005, we have expanded throughout the state of California and developed into a one-stop shop for residential and commercial projects. Our list of services includes structural engineering, civil engineering, architectural drafting, mechanical, electrical, plumbing engineering (MEP), title 24 energy calculations, as-built, building scanning, structural evaluation, permitting, construction support and more. We help our customers throughout the whole life-cycle of the project. We also have a dedicated Construction Support team to address all your construction related queries for a quick turn around on your project. Design Everest can help you manage every step of your project with timely delivery while staying in your budget....

4.2

structural engineering (17)architect (5)earthquake retrofitting (2)

10/14/2021

Completely unprofessional and untrustworthy. I called to get a structural engineer to do an assessment of my house. They confirmed my location, asked for payment in full (which I sent) and then signed a contract. Then they said they don't service my location. I'm still waiting on my refund.

Description of Work
Structural assessment of house

Work Completed On 10/14/2021

06/09/2020

Design Everest is the best company I ever worked with. They have great pricing and very professional team. I had last minutes urgent request, they were able to help on the spot, saved me a lot problem and money on my home remodeling. I highly recommend them for anyone!

Description of Work
Remodeling

Category remodeling,structural engineer,architect,earthquake retrofitting

Work Completed On 06/08/2020

09/24/2019

Update 11/12/2019 They were very apologetic and they refunded the $600 that I've paid them. They have compensated me with regards to the bad service that did before.

Description of Work
Estimate on earthquake retrofitting; $600 paid up front for estimate. Arrived on time. Spent approximately 15 minutes for estimate (less time than other two contractors who gave free estimate). Said would write it up and get back to me. Haven't heard from company since.

Category structural engineer,earthquake retrofitting

Work Completed On 09/24/2019

Hi, We take pride in our customer service. We reached out to this client immediately after hearing about her concerns. We have resolved our client's concerns and she is happy with the resolution.

09/20/2019

Jessica is very profession in arranging a visit by one of their structural engineer to confirm a wall is non-load bearing. Edward came, observed and confirmed it. He also provided info what city may need for getting a permit for removing it. He is also very professional and very knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Observe if a wall is non-load bearing

Work Completed On 09/20/2019

08/02/2018

Went well, the engineer was prompt and provided a comprehensive written report with recommendations.

Description of Work
Evaluation of building foundation

Work Completed On 07/09/2018

01/24/2018

I worked with Design Everest (Josh) when I needed to bring to code some unpermitted work on my home that had been altered prior to 1978. Design Everest was prompt to supply drawings of the structural work required. When my contractor found existing conditions that called for the engineers to review their plan, DE was very quick to review those existing conditions, change the plans and write cover letters (twice) to the City inspectors describing and confirming 'as built conditions' met code were sufficient from the original build. I am very happy with the end result, and although I questioned the cost of their bid at the onsite, I believe that what was discovered during construction and with the changes made, the cost turned out to be worth it the expense. I highly recommend using this firm.

Description of Work
Structural review and plans for unpermitted work to my home

Work Completed On 12/16/2017

12/03/2017

First there process of transmitting construction documents, getting a proposal and signing a contract was the easiest and smoothest i heave experienced. The principal engineer communicated well and finished the work in a very timely manor. Signed plans were delivered immediately. Excellent job.

Description of Work
Structural engineering for a house design by chadwilliamsdesign . com ..

Work Completed On 12/03/2017

Review for Design Everest  - 365 Flower Ln, Mountain View, CA - 36634842

11/17/2017

Went really well. Design Everest was a great company to work with. They worked quickly and efficiently for a great deal. not only were the knowledgable and friendly, they answered all my questions and made the process very smooth. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Structural engineering on private home.

Work Completed On 11/17/2017

08/09/2017

They were easy to work with and very attentive to my needs. They are skilled and professional. I would use them again for any engineering project.

Description of Work
Design Everest was contracted to provide structural plans on a home addition.

Work Completed On 08/09/2017

12/13/2016

Not well at all. I hired them to give me plans on taking out the load bearing wall. They had one delay after another. After four weeks of waiting I was informed that the engineer handling my case had health issue and it would be turn over to another engineer. They gave me a later date of completion and still could not make it. Still I waited. Now after more than five weeks they informed me that they needed more information to complete the project. My remodeling project was on hold and my contractor nor myself could wait no longer. I went ahead and cancelled the contract with them. It was a waste of my time and money. One good thing was the secretary was very nice and informative. My recommendation is that if you have a small project like mine, go elsewhere. I do not recommend them.

Description of Work
I am remodeling my kitchen and wanted to remove a load bearing wall. I needed schematics on the engineering aspect of removing the wall.

Work Completed On 12/08/2016

Building permit sets including Architectural plans, Structural and Civil Engineering plans, MP& E Design plans (for Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Design permits) for Residential and Commercial buildings in California for new construction, remodels, additions, tenant improvements, seismic retrofits and more.

Land Survey and Soil Report.