Artistic Kitchen Design & Remodeling

Founded 1989 • With Angi since December 2005

133 E El Camino Real

Mountain View, CA 94040

We specialize in unique and creative home design solutions, with an emphasis on kitchen cabinetry. We carry two cabinetry lines: Pedini Cabinets who are a Italian cabinetry manufacture who specialize in high-gloss lacquer cabinets. And Crystal Custom Cabinets who are a US cabinetry manufacture who

09/25/2017

Janice M.

I was very happy with how my kitchen turned out. I enjoyed working with the designers and the construction crew was professional and meticulous. As with any project, there can be issues, but anything that came up was quickly attended to and resolved. I would highly recommend Artistic Kitchen.

Description of Work
Kitchen design and remodel.

11/20/2014

Irene I.

Very happy with the results and especially enjoyed working with Sylwia who was our kitchen designer. She really was able to capture what we wanted and build from it instead of designing something that didn't match our style and taste. She went the extra effort to help us (finding about a granite slab sale and sending us there so that our granite basically cost 1/3 of the regular price, she incorporate existing appliances into the cabinet designs, etc.) The main person in charge of the cabinet install was extremely skilled and meticulous--unfortunately in the years since I think that he has moved on. They used very few subs--the plumbing, electrical was in house and their employees across the board were all great guys--seemed very professional and trustworthy. In terms of kitchen remodeling, would use them again but when we decided to do an addition to the house, ended up going with a general contractor who we also love...

Description of Work
Full kitchen remodel including removal of wall between living room and kitchen

Category custom cabinets, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling

06/19/2014

gary B.

They did an "okay" job. We had them install a backsplash and it went from the countertop all the way up to the cabinet and they didn't do a good job on the grouting. We're still at this point where we're finding areas where grouts wouldn't seal properly and there's some weird discoloration in the parts of the grout. We would need to have more communication and better follow-up with them next time.

Description of Work
We had our kitchen remodeled.

04/07/2014

Patricia M.

Their price was in the ballpark; it was not high but an average price. We had two or three other estimates. They were very businesslike and friendly. They knew what they were doing. They came on time. They impressed us quite a bit. They were very prompt.

Description of Work
Artistic Kitchen Design & Remodeling gave us an estimate for cabinets and countertops. It was a complete kitchen remodeling.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, home remodeling

01/24/2014

Joyce S.

This project went extremely well with one major problem not caused by the contractor. The chosen counter material was held up 2 months due to a problem at the provider. The contractor provided temporary counter tops and installed all appliances and plumbing so the kitchen was fully functional while awaiting counters. When the counter material was available, the contractor returned and removed and replaced cooktop and sinks so the counters could be installed and then completed the project. This was done at no additional charge to us.We felt they went above and beyond for us.

Description of Work
Design and complete kitchen remodel including addition of square footage, modify foundation and add required structure under house to accomodate elevator, remove false ceiling in kitchen, install hardwood floors through majority of house, create floor to ceiling stacked stone fireplace wall, install new cabinetry and all appliances.

12/26/2013

KATHERINE C.

Made an appointment to have representative come to my home to sell what I wanted to have done. It went well and then I did not hear from her for several weeks. I called to check in. She did not have any plans done and was leaving for vacation for 2 weeks. During a telephone discussion, she said she would contact the contractor and could begin demo asap. She gave me a bid that, I felt was over priced given the amount of work I wanted done. I had not chased replacement materials: counter top. When I reminded her of that she said that she would tell the contractor to just demo certain parts not all of it until she came back from vacation. I called the owner of the shop and told him this and he backed up the representative's character . I cancelled all work immediately. Unprofessional is the work I would use for this company. I will never use them again.

Description of Work
Requested a bid for a small kitchen remodel

12/10/2013

Ann C.

We had them remove the wall between our kitchen and family room to create a great room which required a structural engineer to evaluate and engineer a plan because it was a load bearing wall. Everything was done extremely well and very timely. Our kitchen and family room were completely gutted and redone, requiring a new design plan, new cabinets, tile, electrical and plumbing work. The work was high quality and done very professionally. We recommend Artistic Kitchen extremely highly!!

Description of Work
We worked with Sylvia and Greg who helped us design and completely remodel our kitchen and family room. They were wonderful to work with and we will be using them again soon to remodel one of our bathrooms.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, structural engineer, home remodeling

05/19/2013

Charity S.

We were able to stay in our house for most of our extensive remodel with Artisic Kitchen (we have an open-plan home, so our kitchen remodel touched on our dining room and family room areas as well; despite this, they did an excellent job of keeping the rest of the house separate from their work with temporary walls and plastic sheeting). At the time we had three cats, and our children were ages 8 and 5, so we appreciate their attention to our family's comfort and safety. However, for the flooring, because of the extensive nature of the work and the fumes from the drying varnish, we were advised that it would be best to vacate, along with our pets. We were out of the house for about three days. As it turned out, it happened to be a rainy several days -- unusual for that time of year. Due to the extra moisure, and, we suspect, dust coming from our furnace ducts that had not been cleaned, the varnish dried unevenly, leaving tiny bubbles here and there. Overall, the floor was beautiful and beautifully installed, but we weren't satisfied with the finish in spots, so Artistic Kitchen called their sub-contractor back a couple of months later and once again they refinished the floor. They absorbed the cost of the do-over. We have been happy with our floor ever since. Previously we had a laminate floor that we had installed ourselves with the help of friends, and while serviceable, it was never as solid, durable and beautiful as our white oak floor has been.

Description of Work
Artistic Kitchen uses a subcontractor to install hardwood floors. They installed nailed, non-prefinished white oak hardwood flooring throughout our kitchen, dining room, family room, entryway and hallway.

Category hardwood floor, home remodeling

03/22/2013

Betsy A.

The demolition went well. The cabinets are being set now. Very professional workmanship.

Description of Work
Demolition of kitchen, patch floors, install lighting, cabinets, appliances, electrical and plumbing.

10/11/2012

Karl Z.

We visited the showroom and were very impressed by the designs and selections of materials; everyone we dealt with was professional and polite, so we requested a site visit and estimate for remodeling of two bathrooms. My wife met with one of the designers, Yana, and provided an overview of the things we wanted to do...Not much of the specifics of the job, but enough to scope the project. My wife then inquired as to when the company would be able to begin work if they were to get the job, and Yana said that the earliest time frame would be the first part of the new year (1/2013). This was outside the original time frame we were considering for starting the project, so my wife thanked Yana for her time but said we probably wouldn't be able to work with them because we really wanted to start earlier. That evening we decided that we could live with our current situation a bit longer, if it meant getting the right company to do the work (we really liked their designs and craftsmanship as seen in their showroom) so my wife contacted the company again and requested another visit for a detailed estimate -- We're only about 5mins away from their showroom so the initial visit, while not as productive as it could've been (due to us, not Yana) shouldn't have been too onerous either. Now, this is where we had our only issue, Yana was slow to respond to our subsequent contact attempt, and when she did it was to politely say that our project was too small and they weren't interested in undertaking it in any time frame; to give a little perspective on our plans, we wanted to do fairly major remodels to two bathrooms, and our budget was $50-$70K. So, keep in mind when dealing with this company, they don't look favorably on 'small' projects. However, they're polite and professional, so if your project is large enough, then they're definitely worth considering.

Description of Work
We wanted to get a cost estimate/bid for (fairly major, in my opinion) remodels on two bathrooms, and our budget was $50-$70K.

07/23/2012

beth B.

I visited the showroom in Mountain View and was very impressed with the quality of their cabinets (Crystal). I met with Silwia, the designer, at the showroom. You need an appointment. She is extremely knowledgeable, informative, helpful and a pleasure to work with. I would be happy to work with her on my remodel. The company designs and installs. They offer a wide selection of cabinet styles, woods and finishes, all of which were beautiful. They do the entire remodel- permits, all construction, plumbing, electrical etc., not just cabinets. Silwia emailed me an estimate based on my choices of cabinet style wood, finish, specific measurements, and construction drawings I provided. She was happy to quote for an option that I wanted priced separately. I would like very much to work with this company based on my experience so far. I did expect the quote to be higher than my own rough estimate but it was beyond my budget, even before getting a quote on outfitting the interiors and adding in countertops. I indicated NA on the price because I am still obtaining bids, and can't yet fairly compare to any other company.

Description of Work
estimate for kitchen remodel

Category custom cabinets, home remodeling

01/31/2012

Kai G.

Artistic Kitchen did not bother to come out to survey the place. Instead, they submitted what I would consider a "wild guess" with 80% margin. There was not itemization of the services. I was not impressed and went with another provider.

Description of Work
Asked for an estimate after describing the scope and submitting design drawings.

Category remodeling

10/14/2011

Carl N.

This project seemed to take forever, but we couldn't be happier with the end result. I certainly can't fault AKD for the timeframe - this remodel was very extensive and was bound to take some time to complete. We started out working with our designer, Yana. She was very helpful and always seemed to be excited about the project, which definitely gave us a feeling that we were in good hands. She first produced several layout options, after which we collaborated to refine one of the designs into the final plan for our space. Because that plan required the removal of a couple of load-bearing walls, Yana arranged for an engineer to provide input on the design. We ended up with something that looks really great. Yana also accompanied us to help pick out granite and backsplash options. Her advice was very helpful to us - trying to pick from hundreds of options can be daunting, but her experience and expertise were immeasurably useful. Once demolition and construction started, we noticed significant progress every day. Jan and the rest of the construction guys were very friendly and professional. They did a great job of cleaning up before heading home for the day, which made it easy for us to check out the work that had been done on a daily basis. They were very responsive to all of the questions and comments that we had during the entire process. Jan and his guys also helped out with a couple of incidental problems that cropped up during the project, which saved me from having to hunt down more people when they were already around. The only negative experience we had during the entire remodeling project was with the appliance company, who I'll review separately. AKD were nothing but the ultimate example of professionalism, expertise, and customer service during this entire process. We're very pleased with the final product and no less satisfied with the steps along the way. I've attached some before and after photos to show off AKD's work.

Description of Work
We had AKD do a major kitchen & first floor renovation project for our new house. They removed two load-bearing walls, replaced a window, removed 4 rooms worth of mismatched tile and replaced it with hardwood, installed cabinets, a backsplash, and appliances, did all the plumbing and electrical work, and managed all of the engineering work, inspections, and subcontractors (just for installation of the granite countertops - everything else was in house). It was a huge project and took months to complete.

Category countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, structural engineer, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

10/12/2011

vicky M.

I went in to see them because I knew exactly what I wanted because I have a designer. They were excellent. The designer and owner were excellent. He is also a builder. They were very, very good and very time conscious. I would have used them had my contractor not had his own cabinet maker. I met with both the owner and finisher. They explained woods and finishes to me. They were very detailed. They were excellent and so were their products. I would have used them in a minute. They have Crystal cabinets which are very good. I've had them in my kitchen for 20 years and they look brand new. I would absolutely consider using them in the future.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from Artistic Kitchen Design & Remodeling for cabinets.

Category custom cabinets

08/31/2011

Colin D.

We started out working with Yana, the designer. She was easy to work with and brought many good ideas. We bought the cabinets through them (Crystal) and are very happy with them - quality is great and the fit and finish too. After bidding out the work to several companies we decided to stick with their original bid. Although they weren't the cheapest (they weren't the most expensive either) I liked the quality of work I saw at the reference sites they took me to. More importantly, the other home owners seemed to still like Greg - the owner - toward the end of their projects. The work took a little longer than I would have liked (mostly our fault as we were slow to pick tile etc.) But they weren't too intrusive during the two months so this overrun was tolerable. They tidied up every day and weren't too intrusive. The workers were mostly friendly (Hector was onsite a lot and is a very pleasant young man to work with.) Yana kept the workers moving along and visited the site once a week or so. On a project like this things always go wrong. For example, the electricians left a mess in one of the bedrooms one day. Also, we had intended to keep our dishwasher and it disappeared to the dump one day. As soon as I brought any issues to Greg's attention he was great and always responded quickly to fix them. We are going to do a couple of projects more and will certainly work with them again in the future.The $70K is total project cost (cabinets, countertops, laundry room work all included.) Do check all the work has been done properly. Get inside the cabinets, under the floor, on your hands and knees. If you want something done about it you need to know about it. Greg and Yana are easy to work with and deal with the issues you bring to their attention.

Description of Work
They helped us with the initial design, picking the cabinets etc. They were responsible for all the work from start to finish. demoed the old kitchen back to the studs preserving one or two cabinets for use in garage plumbing - moved sink feeds into wall, re-routed water line for fridge, concealed old gas line electical - ran all new grounded plugs, installed LED pocket lights, fluorescent under cabinet, retrofitted ground to rest of house (did not replace electrical panel.) Sheet rock in kitchen Set cabinets Installed cork flooring in kitchen, tile in laundry room Tiled back splash Installed appliances Installed pocket door On bid: do ask them to include everything even if you aren't quite sure of the details. There was a tendency to leave stuff off like installing cabinet handles etc. If unsure of this ask for a budgetary estimate Do asked Yana, the designer, for help picking stuff. Always good to have another opinion and she comes with good ideas. Don't be afraid to hold on to a payment if the specific task isn't complete. The payment plan they presented was very fair but sometimes they asked for the next payment before payment criteria had been met. Don't be afraid to bring stuff to their attention that doesn't seem right. They're very accomodating.

12/02/2005

LISA C.

The service was very decent, and went beyond what was actually to be done. It was beautiful. They came out at first, and gave me a quote, and told us about the design they had in mind. I loved everything right from the beginning, and I would hire them again without a question.

Description of Work
Designed my kitchen.

Category home remodeling

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THOSE KIND WORDS. IT WAS A PLEASURE WORKING WITH YOU AND WE WISH YOU JOY AND HAPPINESS IN YOUR NEW KITCHEN. IF THERE IS ANYTHING ELSE WE CAN DO FOR YOU, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL US.