Roof Right Inc

Founded 1992 • With Angi since February 2008

20 Harrington Rd

Moraga, CA 94556

Additional address - 266 Boyd Rd, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523....

11/05/2017

David P.

Great experience overall: - We obtained 3 bids and Steve was by far the most responsive, punctual and professional. From the presentation of his roofing system and options to price and expectation setting he far surpassed his competitors. - We did have to wait about 4 months for the installation to happen after we signed the contract, but it was completely worth the wait and the bit of uncertainty on scheduling. - Once we got the date everything happened exactly as Steve described and his crew arrived early and completed the work quickly (2.5 days) with minimal mess and the final product looks fantastic. Overall we would definitely use Roof Right for any future roofing needs and would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

03/08/2017

Susan R.

The quote on the rental house was reasonable and what I expected. The quote for the primary house was pretty substantial. It is a different type of roof. They said the roof might last another five years. He talked about insulation and using something called cool roof. He left me a sample, and I thought that was very nice. It is a shake roof, and he said it would take a lot of labor to pull it off, which was why the quote was so expensive. The quote was very thorough. They did say that they wouldn't replace the gutters. He was more into replacing the roof and not into doing the repairs. He was honest in saying it would last another five years. I had to wait several weeks, because he was out of the country. Other than that, he was punctual. I would use them again.

Description of Work
He gave us two quotes on our primary home and our rental home for roof replacement.

10/28/2014

RICHARD D.

I had a very good experience working with Steve Peters and his crew (Jaime and Armando) from Roof Right and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a quality roof replacement. They installed an all-GAF roof on my atypical 70-year old house in Concord and were patient in working with me so I could tear off the old roof myself and replace the sheathing on half the roof where there was previous water damage. I think Steve came to my house three times before the actual installation to check on my progress and offer tips and ideas for improving the overall job. He changed the roof slope in one location that was prone to leaks and used metal valleys and flashings in other problem areas. Jaime and Armando were professional and efficient. Besides replacing the sheathing myself, I wanted to use a newer and slightly unusual shingle (GAF Monaco) that other companies I got quotes from did not want to use. Roof Right had no problem using the new shingle style and the finished roof looks great. Steve recommended a mason who replaced the stones in the chimney where Jaime and Armando installed new flashing and the same mason touched up my crumbling stone BBQ.

Description of Work
Re-roof 1300 ft2, 1940s house.

07/22/2013

Lois E.

The owner was knowledgeable and very friendly when we met to make up the contract. The crew was also friendly and arrived right on time. They worked 8 to 10 hours each day and had the job done in five days. They kept our yard clean. I know you will be as happy as we have been with Roof Right.

Description of Work
Removed existing wood shakes. Installed new plywood. Installed light weight tile roof.

12/26/2012

Paul D.

Steve did a great job explaining the work that would be performed, and he obviously takes a lot of pride in his work. His approach is very similar to another highly regarded contractor in the area, but his quote was considerably less expensive. We received less expensive quotes than Steve's, but it was obvious where they were cutting corners. His crew was super-efficient, and the work was completed earlier than expected. We're very happy with the results. The only reason I didn't give Steve straight A's is because he can be a little hard to get a hold of. Most likely, you will need to wait until the evening for him to return your call, but he's very good at getting back to you on the same day.

Description of Work
Roof Right replaced our ~20-year old composite shingles and repaired some loose plywood.

10/11/2012

Linda S.

Roof Right owner, Steve Peters and crew did a great job on my project. The crew was on time, work hard in the heat and clean up at the end of the day. The house went from a single story Rancher to a two story Victorian. With the style change the roof lines got tricky with a lot of ridges and valleys, also, a turret. They were careful around new solar tubes and existing solar panels. Steve, with his experience, guided us on details that gave our project the look we wanted. They were not the lowest estimates, but the most informative without trying to sell us on anything. The metal work (new gutter, flashing and copper cap on turret) was given attention to detail. Steve personal came back and fixed some nail pops on the existing garage roof that have nothing to do with job we paid for.

Description of Work
New roof on first & second floor approximately 4,000 square feet. Matching into existing adjoining garage roof in constant material, color and installation style including valley construction.

09/17/2012

eric S.

Very poor customer treatment and no service post sale.

Description of Work
8 years ago I had new shake roof installed on my house. At the time everything went fine and I had no complaints. I recently called Steve Peters (company owner) to ask if he'd inspect a couple of spots where I was concerned it might eventually leak in the future. He responded “ there is nothing wrong with your roof; you don’t know what you’re talking about… I haven’t the time to take a look”. When I reminded Steve of our 10 year warranty, he simply grew more obstinate and disagreeable telling me “ No” several times more in response to inspecting it. After pressing him further, Steve said he’d only come out if I'd agreed to pay for his time to look at the roof, to which I replied "No". It seems after the check clears, the Service disappears. This was my first call to Roof Right –once in 8yrs – and I was treated poorly and without service. If service is important to you after your roof is installed – then don’t call Roof Right.

08/09/2011

James R.

They charged us $12000 for their services. I would use their services in the future too.

Description of Work
Roof Right Roofing Co installed our roof about a year ago, last summer.

06/26/2011

Lynn G.

He came to give the estimate on time and was here for about an hour, evaluating the leak on the second floor of our house. He was very professional and courteous. Because of the location of the leak, it was difficult for him to get to it. However he did everything humanly possibly to see what the problem was.

Description of Work
Steve returned my call to request an estimate and was here within a few days. He came, surveyed my roof, and told me what was needed. His price was fair.

03/16/2011

MARCY R.

This job went extremely well. This Roof Right contractor worked in tandem with a skylight contractor and a solar panel contractor [ 3 sklylights and 40 solar panels were also installed at a separate price.] The roofing crew were very flexible in working with the solar panel installation crew and worked along side the skylight installer very well. Roofers cleaned up dust and debris every day, were on time and courteous, and a pleasure to have on our property. We are delighted with this job and highly recommend Roof Right. We had used this contractor several years ago to patch a leaking skylight, and were very happy to have him replace our old shake

Description of Work
The Roof Right crew and owner, Steve Peters, were fantastic job replacing an 28 year old shake roof with a new Eagle-lite tile roof and new 7" gutters. The old shake roof, and old tar paper was torn off and replaced with a layer of new plywood and 2 layers of felt paper and lightweight cement tile. All vents were replaced, and all flashings were replaced. The new tile roof is beautiful and with the additional underlayment prep and deeper gutters, we do not even hear the rain on the roof.

09/22/2010

James R.

Roof Right was recommended by a neighbor and they have done several roofs in my area. They also had the lowest of the three estimates I received on the job. I was quite impressed by the whole crew. They worked hard all day and then cleaned up each day so well that the place looked better than when they started. Any questions I asked were answered quickly and courteously. The roof looks great. I've already received compliments from neighbors.

Description of Work
Remove existing shake roof from 2-story house. Remove existing gutters. Install new composition shingle roof. Install new gutters.

ABZ Builders Inc.

ABZ ROOFING SERVICES We are a locally owned and operated Commercial and Residential Roofing Company here in the Bay Area and would like to see if we can be of help! Been in business for over 20 years! We value honesty and integrity in all aspects of our business. We offer Roofing services that are customized to each individual project. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work, as well as our commitment to outstanding results. We look forward to building lasting relationships with our clients and guarantee your satisfaction! Please feel free to reach out for a free estimate for all your future roofing needs!. Quality work for the Best Price ! We are fully licensed, insured, and bonded. Please refer to the list below: General Contracting License : B - General Building Contractor C39 - Roofing C10 - Electrical We look forward to working with you and providing you quality services!

Northern California Roofing Co

Thank you for considering Northern California Roofing Co for all your roofing needs. Northern California Roofing Co, a division of NIR West Coast, Inc., has been serving our neighbors throughout the Northern California area for over 25 years. We specialize in all phases of the roofing process; from roof repairs to re roofing, from maintenance programs to complete roof overhauls. Our family here at Northern California Roofing Co is dedicated to serving your needs in a timely manner with an emphasis on quality craftsmanship as well as a commitment to customer service excellence. We pride ourselves in being a “one-stop contractor” in the roofing industry. Additional DBA - NIR West Coast Inc. Additional contact name - Greg Lynn. Additional email - office@northerncaliforniaroofing.com. Award winning.

Sonny Roofing, Painting, and Hauling

I am a one person owner and 5 good guys that work under me I watch what they do I am also on site with them as we work we are fast and easy to work with if it your roof or painting or just Handyman work I will make sure it done I love to help people to make them smile when They need the right things done I work with them to make it easy on them and around their schedules thank you and have a blessed day!

Full Replacement Warranty

Roofing - composition shingles, tru-slate, copper, custom metal; also, wood trim, sky lights, seamless gutters