SC Construction

Founded 2010 • With Angi since February 2012

1518 9th St

Modesto, CA 95354

Family owned and operated with 28 years experience. Free in home estimates and senior discounts....

09/10/2015

Debora W.

The owner Steve and his son Scott are great. Very prompt, professional and kind. Steve made sure that we understood the process and exactly what he would be doing. He scheduled a time that would be convenient for us taking our work schedule into consideration since we work nights. When the crew came to do the installation they were very respectful and cleaned up after. They got the job done quickly and did a wonderful job. It looks great and we are very happy that we went with SC Construction for our patio cover.

Description of Work
built patio cover

Category awnings,patios

09/03/2015

Brenda D.

Everything went very smoothly. The patio cover is beautiful. The work was done in a timely manner with no problems. The owner was helpful in giving some design ideas.

Description of Work
Built a patio cover

Category awnings,patios

04/29/2014

Cyndi H.

The owner, Steve, came to the house to do an estimate for me to have my patio cover and pergola removed, and a new one installed. He was personable and professional, listened to what I wanted , evaluated and measured the sight, and gave me the estimate. Steve was very, very thorough, answered all my questions, and even answered some I hadn't thought to ask. I gave him a deposit. He said that he would call me with a definite date to do the job after he went back to the office, but he thought it would most likely be in the last week of the month. I didn't hear from Steve, so I called on Monday, April 21st to get a date for the work. I spoke with Steve, and he said they would be at my house on Thursday, April 24th. On Tuesday, Steve called and asked if they could do the job the next day, which I agreed to. Scott and Mark arrived at 7:45AM on Wednesday, April 23rd. They proceeded to tear down the old structure and build and install the new one. I'm very, very pleased with the work they did. The new pergola is lovely, and really looks wonderful. Most of all, I appreciated how thorough and professional Scott and Mark were. They answered any questions I had, they explained exactly what they were doing, and they were very pleasant to deal with..They did such a great job cleaning up the yard! I had asked them to please be sure and look for nails and debris, as I was worried about my old dog stepping on a nail. Not only did they look for nails, but they looked for and removed every single little scrap of old wood and metal. I haven't found even one piece of debris left in the yard! I couldn't ask for better people to do the work, and I definitely will call SC Construction if I ever need their services again! Other than not hearing from Steve with a firm date, my entire interaction with SC Construction was perfect. The time probably just flew by because they were busy, and the and quot;problemand quot; was resolved with a simple phone call and a date to do the work. I have no complaints at all. They definitely deserve an and quot;Aand quot; rating.

Description of Work
Tore down old patio cover and pergola. Installed new pergola.

04/21/2014

Cyndi H.

After he obtained the information he needed, he wrote up an estimate and proceeded to go over it with me line by line. He answered all my questions, and even gave me answers to questions I didn't know I needed to ask. He was extremely thorough. When that part was completed, I signed a contract with him for his company and crew to return to my home on April29, 2014 to do the work. That date is somewhat flexible at this point, and I'm supposed to speak with him tomorrow. As of this moment, I'm expecting them on the 29th. I put down a deposit. I have absolutely nothing but praise for my interaction with Steve. I'll continue the evaluation after the work is completed.

Description of Work
Steve returned my call the same day I called the company. We set up an appointment. He showed up for the appointment at the agreed upon time...even a few minutes early. He was personable and professional, listened closely to my description of what I wanted to do, and then took measurements.

11/25/2013

Marjory P.

Outstanding. We are very happy that we chose SC Construction and would do so again for additional work.

Description of Work
Tore down band replaced a 12' x 12' lanai. Re ran electrical and did a total clean-up after completing project. All phases of work were done with the utmost caution, work next to Koi pond, and performed in a professional, workalike manner.

Category awnings,hardscaping

09/05/2013

Susan G.

They did a great job, start to finish.

Description of Work
Installed a EliteWood Patio Cover.

07/04/2013

Curtis Z.

Steve's son was the main installer of the Patio cover project. He worked quickly and with 100% quality. He was respectful of my yard and my house. He spent much more time than he had to, getting my electrical line in perfectly, so no wires or conduit was showing. I just can't say enough about how well he treated us. The patio cover came out perfect. The material is quality and the install was quick and better than expected. I had a couple of questions a day or so after the install and Steve sent one of his employees to my house immediately to talk to me. Now that is great service.....

Description of Work
Steve and his son are very professional and reliable. They sell quality Patio covering material and produce quality work. His son went way out of his way to assist me and came back on the following Saturday, because I forgot to buy the fan on time for the normal install. He did the extra work on a Saturday, for free, just to help me.

Category awnings,sunrooms

10/15/2012

Annie J.

I liked SC Construction. I had an existing awning that was done 13 years ago and he happened to be the guy who did it. It was a special design and he said that he remembered it when he came here. He worked for ABC Awning during that time and they are no longer in business, but he took over and changed the name so it was like a reunion. He came out the very next day when I called and was a little bit early. He was very fair and gave us a good estimate and he understood that we were just preparing for it. He said at anytime the estimate would be good and he would be back, but we are going to call him in December to set up a time in January. He's very professional and he's an "A+". We had written down three estimates and my husband liked the idea that he did the original awning. He also gave us some ideas and told us that he was going to do some touch-ups on the other one and when the guys come out just tell them that he said to do it and that was thrown in for free. We had tried 4 or 5 different places and nobody could give us a circle awning and he specially designed it and when I looked on the original paperwork from ABC Awning his name was on there for the old estimate from 13 years ago. I couldn't believe it because I was so unhappy when I found out that ABC Awning had gone out of business, but they really hadn't and he had gone and came back and started it up himself.

Description of Work
SC Construction came out and gave us an estimate for an awning.

10/15/2012

Joey R.

I liked the quality of SC Construction's work. The owner, Steve, was very helpful and helped us choose the right cover for what we were looking for.

Description of Work
We used SC Construction sunroom and patio remodeling and awning services.

Category awnings,sunrooms

03/17/2012

Laura H.

They immediately set up appointment. They were professional and understood what I wanted.

Description of Work
SC Construction installed patio and entrance patio covers.

Category hardscaping,patios

Bill.b Handyman

We specialize in handyman services, home repairs, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Villas

Owner operated. Specializing in Handyman & Honey-Do Lists services in and around your home! We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Jessie Handyman Service

All around handyman service .specializing in all residential construction,electrical and plumbing. Give me a call for an estimate today !

Check, MasterCard, Visa

Elitewood by metals, patio & lattice covers, canvas awnings, patio enclosures, vinyl siding & vinyl windows, elitewood patio covers, lattice covers, vinyl replacement windows, canvas awning, patio enclosures, sun rooms & vinyl siding.