Bailey's Heating & Air Inc

Founded 1976 • With Angi since May 2009

310 River Rd

Modesto, CA 95351

Baileys services and repairs all makes and models of equipment. We are a Trane Comfort Specialist. Award wining. Other HVAC companies may talk about their goals of 100% customer satisfaction, but Bailey's Heating and Air, Inc. makes it a part of our every day practice. Bailey's offers our customers

04/11/2017

Vickie S.

Description of Work
.....................................................................................................

02/20/2017

Stephanie J.

Bailey's was professional, clean, and hard-working. The project took three days, but my entire system was replaced and a second return was added to my home. Despite some difficulties getting the new unit into the attic (due to its size) and getting the system to run properly, the technicians worked tirelessly to make sure everything was installed correctly and functioning. Bailey's took care of applying for the rebates, obtaining the permits, and arranging inspection. They were informed about which rebates were available, which units would have the best ROI, and which efficiency levels would be the most beneficial for my home and my needs. When I received quotes, there were cheaper offers. But only Bailey's demonstrated the attention to detail that was important to me - upgrading and testing each vent to comply with current regs, recognizing the need for a second air return in my house, offering a smart thermostat option, and realistically estimating the duration of the project and the challenges that would be faced. The crew was clean and respectful of my home. I was working all day and returned home to find a new return installed, but no sign of any work being done (no mess, no dust, no debris, no footprints). Most of the time when multi-day projects have been done at my home, the crew takes shortcuts when the project isn't yet complete (leaving tools behind, leaving the cleaning until the last day). Bailey's didn't do that. Which I appreciated tremendously. The only inconvenience was being without heat for a night. But I stayed with family, and this would have been avoided if I had chosen to do the project at any other time of year. I'm now enjoying a far more robust heater and looking forward to a summer that does not involve a kaputt air conditioner on a 110 degree day.

Description of Work
Replacement and upgrade of in-home HVAC system, including heating and AC units, installation of new air return and smart thermostat, and upgrading of vents and seals.

12/15/2016

Steve C.

They're very expensive and I was surprised with how much it cost. I guess since our other estimate was close, They were fair. They were there before I was. They were thorough, punctual, clean, and answered all of my questions because I usually have a lot. They were very patient as well.

Description of Work
They put in air conditioners and heaters in two of our houses. They installed them.

05/14/2016

Jennifer B.

I called Bailey's for a basic HVAC service/maintenance, mostly for my AC unit before summer. The person on the phone was very pleasant and professional, but quoted me $95 for this service. This was a very high price considering there were a lot of other vendors in the area who do the same thing for about $60. Well I then told Bailey's that they have an Angie's List coupon for this service for $59 and they tried to tell me that was for an "install", which is wasn't. It said it was for a "maintenance" service. The call taker said the technician would take a look at the coupon and tell me it they could accept it. I went ahead and made an appointment, but was still somewhat suspicious. Later however, I thought I might get the runaround when the tech arrived. I canceled the appointment and called my old HVAC service and they performed the maintenance and inspection for $59 without any discount coupons! They also did a few other things to improve the system like install insulation over the pipes at no cost. I'm very suspicious of these HVAC companies and I didn't like the way this deal started out so I won't be using them in the future.

Description of Work
Basic HVAC maintenance/service.

12/30/2015

Shaun S.

I have lived in my house for almost 4 yrs, no issues with furnace to date. Trying to be a good Preventative Maintenance kind of guy, I scheduled a $60 tune up through Angie's List. A service tech came, 30 minutes late for the 2hr appt. window (so 2.5 hours after window started). He did call ahead of time to let me know he would be late and I appreciated that. He proceeded to do some air flow, gas pressure, and temperature testing as well as change all the return filters in my house. He was a very polite and professional guy. He concluded that my furnace worked great, I paid my $60, and he left. Three days later, the furnace started acting weird. It would shut off after about 15 minutes of heating. If the house only needed to be heated 1 or 2 degrees, this didn't matter, but if I needed the furnace to run for a longer period I was out of luck. I called back for a follow up appt. A few days later, a different service tech showed up, 15 mins early to the appt. window. This technician was much older, seemed to be quite a bit more knowledgeable, but was very unprofessional. He kept cussing at my furnace and telling me "why he would never buy a Lennox" for his house and that the "freakin' Engineers" at Lennox didn't know what they were doing. I happen to be an Engineer (albeit not for an HVAC company) and didn't appreciate this. He troubleshooted the condensate line, found no issues, and then narrowed it down to the gas valve. It wouldn't hold a very steady flame on low-fire mode, and would completely lose flame on high-fire. He cycle between low/high-fire modes many times using a jumper wire, which is probably standard practice, but seemed that it would be a bit harsh on the blower motor. He concluded that I needed a new gas valve and could have it in a few days. The office called me the next day and we scheduled an appt. for a week out. During the period before the next appt., my house understandably got very cold, and I decided to run the furnace just to gain a few degrees. I turned it on, continued doing whatever I was doing at the time, then had a smoke alarm in my house start beeping and saw some smoke coming from the main air return. I realized that the blower never kicked on, which must have caused the coil to get very hot. During the next appt., the same technician spent most of his time troubleshooting the blower. Same type of attitude towards my "@#$% Lennox". He concluded that the motor was fine, but the speed controller needed replacement. Painful news knowing that my furnace was working fine before my very first appt... The technician did advise me to buy a unit online, as Bailey's would likely charge me for a new controller and motor (they come as a package from Lennox) and it would be very expensive. I appreciated his honesty on that. I assumed that Bailey's would install the new controller for me, but I couldn't talk the main office into charging me less than 1hr of labor to install. It's literally two small bolts and an electrical harness connection, 2 minutes at most. I decided to do that part myself and save $120. So, at the 4th appt. and after 4 weeks of no heat in December, the technician replaced my gas valve and my furnace roared to life again. I'm now happy that it's over. Bailey's seems like a good company with good customer service. The first technician was either very inexperienced and damaged something on my furnace, or it was just a terrible coincidence. The second technician was rough around the edges but knowledgeable. I can't help but think that he may have damaged my blower controller, though. Or I'm just super unlucky.

Description of Work
Initially - $60 diagnostic, tune up, and filter change. Finally - ended up with new gas control valve and blower motor controller. Cost of service would have been much higher if motor controller was purchased through and installed by Bailey's.

09/04/2015

Patrick H.

Bob did a great job working with us (and our dogs). Our house AC ducting is not optimal (single zone) and we were having a lot of trouble keeping the house cool economically. The AC already works much better than it did with a few adjustments. This company carries good technology in order to diagnose AC issues. THANKS GUYS

Description of Work
Thorough inspection of AC unit, filled FREON, changed filter.

06/11/2015

Janice T.

He was very friendly, knowledgeable and professional.

Description of Work
Jose was awesome! He came in checked everything on our AC/compressor, found the problem, gave us options and ordered a new motor to install tomorrow. I couldn't be happier! Best heating and air company I have dealt with in years! I will definitely recommend them to everybody I know.

05/22/2015

Barbara I.

They are very good. For some reason the temperature was cold and they could not do the maintenance on the system as it was too cold outside. So they said they would come back and do it. They came out not one their regular routeing but on a special trip to do that particular charge that they did not accomplish because of the weather that day. That was good. I didn't have to ask them or nudge them, they just came out and did it automatically without any charge. Their technicians are very courteous, they remove their shoes when they come in. They tell me what they have found and what to do to keep it running. They are quite good.

Description of Work
I use Bailey's Heating & Air conditioning as an on going service. They check on the A/C to make sure its running correctly, they do a charge on it and and change the filters on the heater. They just maintain everything and make sure to let me know if they see anything or foresee any problems.

05/16/2015

Mary E R.

From Alfredo, our salesman, to Lee and Robert, our installers, including the office staff, EVERYONE at Bailey's is amazing! Our job was completed in 3 days, except for initial and footwork testing. Lee and Robert were friendly, non-intrusive, cleaned up afterwards. I cannot recommend this company more highly.

Description of Work
Replaced HVAC unit and all ductwork.

04/14/2015

Jesus G.

It went well, all worked out fine. They had to come back the next day to finish the job, but they did it. The city inspection passed. The furnace was extra loud, so I called them and they came back for free to check out the system and made changes to the settings and the filter to make it quieter.

Description of Work
Install new ac and furnace, replace the return air duct.

11/12/2014

Debra Z.

I think they are competitive and very reliable. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I have used Baileys before, and I hired them to install a new a/c system.

06/24/2014

Jason W.

Had our entire system replaced this past February. I called Bailey's first, and Mitch came out promptly and went over all of our options. He was very clear and forthcoming about the costs of labor, all the available units, rebates, etc. He encouraged me to look around before making a decision and that I be comfortable. There was zero sales pressure. The other company I had come out (I won't name them, but they are huge in the Sacramento area and surrounding areas) was ALL pressure. They were knowledgeable and professional and friendly, mind you - but they deemphasize the equipment and want to sell you on relationship with the company and perception of value. Getting any real facts about the equipment was nearly impossible, and getting the guy to leave my house without committing basically resulted in me having to throw him out. So naturally, I went back to Bailey's. I had a better system with dual zoning and a wi-fi thermostat installed for less than an inferior unit with no dual zoning by the other guys. The installation techs were professional and knew what they were doing. My pregnant wife was totally comfortable with them in our home even without me there. I wish I remembered their names so I could give them credit in the review for working late to finish on time, and taking time to explain everything every step of the way. Bailey's handled the rebates for me, and I got a better PG&E rebate than I was even expecting (they were reserved in how well they claimed they could seal my existing ducts, and did better than they promised). I would do business with them again, they will be the only company I use for maintenance of my unit. I love our new dual zone AC unit, I keep my house cooler and still have a lower bill than last year. I only held off leaving this review until I got all of my rebate checks back, just so I could be positive everything was done right, and it definitely was. Thank you, Bailey's!

Description of Work
Installed entire new high efficiency HVAC system, dual zoned home, sealed ducts, wifi thermostats, carbon monoxide alarms

06/17/2014

Phyllis H.

it went great he did a wonderful job

Description of Work
He checked my cooling system in my home and they call me for the 6 month system check up which i appreciate

03/24/2014

Sharina T.

Everything went great. Showed up on time!! Cleaned the return vent and check the roof unit. Also changed out our thermostat. I've used this company when I first purchased my home.

Description of Work
Service our Heater

09/24/2013

William M.

They were very professional. WHen they started to check the heater and the control after the air conditioner I thought there would be additional charges. But they cleaned and checked all parts and the system works great! All of it with a smile.

Description of Work
They came to service my home air conditioner. They also checked my heater and control in the house.

06/12/2013

Phyllis H.

It went well he made it very clear what he was doing and why. He cleaned out both the air condition and the vent.

Description of Work
Cleaned out my heating vent

05/13/2013

Roger W.

The company was very easy to work with. They were pleasant and helpful on the phone, gave us a good time frame (2 hour window). The service tech was on time, polite, helpful and answered some questions on other services we may want in the future. He was efficient and pleasant. And they have a $59.95 special for Angie's List customers, so it was a great experience all around.

Description of Work
We hired Bailey's to do a Preventative Maintenance and Inspection on our Air Conditioning System.

04/12/2013

Quinna R.

A very good experience. I will definitely use Bailey's H&A again.

Description of Work
The service man was very competent and knowledgeable. He serviced the air conditioning system, determining that no extra freon was needed for the summer. He also checked the circuits and cleaned the vents. The price was reasonable in comparison to quotes from two other companies.

02/14/2013

Richard A.

Heater worked intermittently. Got a local recommendation and good reviews on Angie's List. Called Bailey's Heat and Air and they had a technician out the next day. He was very friendly, knowledgeable and professional. He diagnosed the problem in a short time and made a temporary repair and suggested that a more permanent repair by replacing the part (main control circuit board) he repaired. We agreed and just a couple of days later the part was installed. Everything went smoothly both times the technicians were great. Would certainly recommend this company. If fact we signed up for a semi annual check-up on the system.

Description of Work
Heater worked intermittently. Called Bailey's heat and air. Lead repair tech diagnosed and made temp repair to circuit board and ordered new one. Few days later another tech installed said part. I am a happy camper.

12/26/2012

Susan W.

My house is an "L" shape and the heat and air don't quite reach the last rooms. Bailey's has checked it out twice and have not come uup with A solution so I'm guessing it's just one of thoes things. Otherwise the heat is good and the air is really nice. They had to squeeze a furnice into a 24" space and did it. I'm happy.

Description of Work
I have been using Bailey's for many years. They installed central heat and air into my older home and to date, I have never had to go without or experience any problems.

12/03/2012

cliff G.

Bailey's came out reviewed current systems, proposed proper sized replacement unit. Prepared formal bid,Dollars and time line. Showed up on time, cleaned up each day. were extremely professional, responsive kept us informed as to progress, made sure their work was to our satisfaction. When the were finished the owner came out and balanced the system, met with the building inspector and made sure all work was again to our satisfaction and when they left we were left with no sign that Baileys' was ever here, with only the decreased cooling expense, and increased comfort level. we have continued to use baileys for ongoing maintenance.

Description of Work
Replace HVAC unit with a newer energy efficient unit and upgraded duct work to provide adequate heating and cooling.

12/01/2012

nancie B.

They did an excellent job! They were professional and on time. They cleaned up after themselves. They answered all of my questions. They followed my request not to use the front door and just use the side gate. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They replaced the floor under the furnace which had rotted out from the previous owner's lack of upkeep. They cleaned up the closet that houses the furnace, they wrapped the furnace in installation. they replaced the air duct grills with easily removable grills and they replaced the air filters. they gave me the sizes of the filters for future reference.

06/07/2012

Jayne N.

Overall, it was a pleasant experience. We were very concerned, since we didn't know who to believe after 5 estimates. Each had their own product and story. I think we made the right choice with Bailey's Heating and Air.

Description of Work
We had five estimates for central heating and air, and water heater. Bailey's,who works with Lowe's, had the best price. Besides the price, we felt comfortable working with Mitchell, the owner. Easy to talk to, and very professional. We had two compressors, furnaces and water heater installed in three days. The technicians, Rudy and Chris, were punctual, efficient, and professional. They took good care of my house. Covered the floors to make sure nothing got dirty or damaged. Couldn't be happier with their work, service and care. My house will be cool for the summer.

03/13/2012

Sharon B.

They were excellent. They did themselves contract a crane operator to install our heating and air conditioning on the roof. It was the summer time, and he put the unit on our driveway, and since it was too heavy, it cracked the driveway, but he came out the very next day and repaired it, so he didn’t make any money with no contractor that way. I would rate them highly. We had all good reviews for Bailey’s Heating & Air and his subcontractor as they all do the right thing.

Description of Work
I used Bailey’s Heating & Air Inc. to install our heating and air conditioning on the roof.

10/28/2011

cliff G.

They were absolutely fabulous. I can’t say enough good things about them. The experience went very well. They were on time, did excellent work, cleaned up all by themselves, did what they said what they were going to do and everything came out beautifully. Their prices are competitive.

Description of Work
I use Bailey's Heating & Air Inc for heating and air. The last time I used them was in June this year to replace our air-conditioner and they also redid our duct work.

Derek Sawyers Smart Energy Heating & Air Inc

We are a Heating & A/C contractor that specializes in residential service repairs, maintenance, and new installations. We also do light commercial service, maintenance. and installation. We have 25 employees. We are also a service provider for The Home Depot and can offer financing through them. G.E. or Hero.

Mainline Plumbing Inc.

Reach out to Mainline Plumbing Inc. for all of your plumbing service needs in Escalon and Modesto. The plumbing professionals are the best in the local and surrounding areas when it comes to all kinds of services. From small home installations to large scale repairs, customers know that they can count on the technicians to deliver professional, prompt, and trustworthy plumbing solutions that last. It is widely understood that finding a plumber that’s qualified, experienced, honest, and family-friendly is very difficult. Fortunately, the Mainline Plumbing team is ready to tackle any plumbing challenges that they face. With the use of advanced tools, top-quality materials, and over 28 years of plumbing experience, you can trust the our plumbers to handle all of your plumbing needs.

Honey's Air & Solar

Along with solar, heating and air conditioning installation, we also supply our customers with services like air conditioner and furnace maintenance/repairs. Honey’s is also a proud Dave Lennox Premier Dealer and offer a wide range of equipment that backs our commitment to excellence and our environmental responsibility . Our business is a reflection of the people we serve. We set out to do things differently. We looked outside our industry for inspiration, to companies that offer not only exceptional customer service, but an excellent overall consumer experience. We found that building our business around the needs of our customers is the best way to be successful. That is why we have adopted and embrace the "No Stinger" promise. The "No Stinger" Promise is more than a guarantee, it is a promise from our family to yours to take care of your home and family as if they were our own.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Heating & Air Aonditioning services, maintenance & repair. Water heaters, Tankless water heaters, Insulation.