Ace Painting Co

Founded 1985 • With Angi since October 2006

Established in 1985, Ace Painting Co. has been providing customers with beautiful lasting paint jobs for commercial, industrial and residential properties. We have withstood the test of time by growing year after year though satisfied customer referrals. Ace Painting Co. is a fully licensed in accordance with Contractors State License Board (CSLB) regulations. Bonded and insured full-service contractor. Our California General Contractor License Number is 693381. We are also certified by the EPA (environmental protection agency) on lead safety for Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP Rule). This rule addresses activities that disturb lead-based paint in target housing and child-occupied facilities. It requires: Renovators to be certified through training Firms to be certified Training providers to be accredited Lead-safe practices during renovation Pre-renovation education in housing *This ruling will take effect on April 22, 2010, firms working in pre-1978 homes and child-occupied facilities must be certified and use lead-safe work practices during renovation....

A Service Provider's profile image

+4 more images

house painting (187)interior painting (113)pressure washing (22)drywall (9)window replacement (5)wallpaper removal (5)plastering (4)stucco (2)phone company (1)siding companies (1)garage doors (1)

12/28/2020

JASON K.

It went really well. They came at the scheduled time, performed the prep works. The work took about a week.

Description of Work
Painting the exterior of the house

Work Completed On 12/11/2020

11/15/2020

ursula W.

We had a great experience working with Alex and his team. He gave us what we considered a fair and reasonable price considering all the quotes we received, his team did great work and were very friendly and respectful, and they were meticulous in cleaning up every day. They did great work and we are very happy with how the project turned out with the help of Alex and his team.

Description of Work
Exterior paint for house, detached garage, and carport posts

Work Completed On 11/14/2020

06/29/2020

GEE T.

The workers were very methodical and fast. They were also very willing to correct some imperfections when pointed out to them. One of them who is also a carpenter was willing replace some wooden fencing which of course was compensated separately from the main job. I also gave him a generous tip for his general attitude. I would recommend Alex Yi's Ace Painting for his crew's work which was done on time and schedule.

Description of Work
Painting of all exterior walls, garage door and wood window and door frames.

Category drywall, garage doors, replacement windows, pressure washing, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 06/22/2020

05/18/2020

ELIZABETH B.

Alex is fantastic. The workers are friendly and do a great job. They painted my house two years ago and came back today to paint my door because two years ago I thought I was going to have it stained. Changed my mind and he came back and did the doors. Scheduled quickly. Responds quickly.

Description of Work
Exterior paint of house

Category drywall, house painters

Work Completed On 05/18/2020

08/08/2019

Perla C.

I was very pleased with Ace Painting's work. Everything looked great and done professionally. I highly recommend Ace Painting for all your painting needs. I am one satisfied customer! Thanks Ace Painting for a fabulous job!

Description of Work
Ace Painting performed the following: Painted the exterior of my home, painted the black wrought iron entry gate, provided a finish to my wooden fence, and pressure washed the stone wall in my back yard.

Work Completed On 07/11/2019

07/13/2019

Jeff T.

service provider was not responsive

Description of Work
painting interior walls

01/07/2019

AMANDA T.

It went well. The crew was on time and did a good job. They cleaned up after themselves and wisely postponed the job for a couple of days because of high winds.

Description of Work
Exterior and trim of house painted

Work Completed On 12/28/2018

09/19/2018

Bick T.

Very well, we are very happy with the look, job well done!

Description of Work
Exterior stucco painting

Work Completed On 08/30/2018

07/03/2018

Shi L.

I hired Ace Painting Co for interior painting of my rental property. My wife and I like their job so much we immediately asked them to do exterior painting for out primary residence when our neighbors noticed their good job and started to ask for their quote.

Description of Work
Professional

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/28/2018

06/22/2018

Kyle S.

The crew was really polite and they arrived on time, worked hard, and made sure to set up and clean up well. The paint job, however was only ok, if that. There were drips and places where the paint didn't cover the walls completely. The biggest problem was the bathroom paint started peeling only a few days after the project was finished. It was peeling in sheets. The door started sticking and wouldn't close properly leaving the entire edge and frame chipped and scraped. When I called to inquire about fixing these things, I got no response at all. After many emails and several phone calls over about a month, I gave up. I would have thought it was bad business, but they could have at least contacted me to say they didn't guarantee their work and couldn't do such "small" repairs. I went back to the fine print and nowhere does it say they guarantee their work, so I guess I should have been wary. Lesson learned. I finally found someone who was willing to do such a small job but having to paying extra for someone to fix what is less than a year old paint job is unacceptable. I chose Ace Painting because of the positive reviews on Angie's list and after getting bids from 3 other contractors. I'm extremely disappointed in the customer service and would never hire them again.

Description of Work
interior painting

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/04/2017

06/01/2018

Shirpa S.

Alex came by to review the job and then promptly emailed me a detailed quote. The quote was a little higher than I had been expecting. However, with his very strong reviews on Angie's List and my desire for a high-quality job, I went with it. Part of the job involved the removal of a sunshade prior to painting and then replacing it after the job was complete. I was not sure if this would be a problem. It was not. Alex had his team come out on day 1 to wash down the arbor. They left it dry over-night and then came back the following day to complete the job. About mid-way through it started to rain (lightly). The team quickly packed things up and left for the day. I appreciated this as I did not want the quality of their work compromised by the light rain. The crew came back the following day and completed the job. Overall, we are super happy with the work done by Alex and his team!

Description of Work
External Painting of 6 Column Arbor

Work Completed On 05/29/2018

05/09/2018

Kyle S.

The painters were punctual, professional, and prepped the place perfectly so as not to get paint on any furniture or the floor. They didn't tell me I wouldn't be able to be in my apartment overnight. It was uninhabitable--everything was wrapped tight in plastic and covered in paper. I couldn't even wash my hands. Had they let me know, I would have made arrangements to stay with a friend, but I got home late from work and was unable to do anything but book a hotel room nearby. It wasn't the end of the world, but it added an unexpected cost and I felt they should have been upfront about that. After the job was completed, they cleaned up well. At first glance everything was fine. On closer inspection, I found sloppy work in several places. It wasn't a huge deal until paint started bubbling and peeling off of a built in dresser and the bathroom door wouldn't close because of too much paint. (don't know if they painted it closed and then pulled it open). At any rate, the side, top, and a portion of the door frame are all chipped and peeling. The same happened on the bedroom door but it wasn't as bad. To this day the bathroom door won't close all the way. How embarrassing when having guests! I'm still trying to find someone to repair this, but it may have to be sanded off, repainted, and the door rehung. When I inquired and asked about repairing these things, I never got a response. I was disappointed because up until then I was really happy with this company. Based on this experience in the end and bad customer service, I would not hire nor recommend Ace Painting again.

Description of Work
Painting the interior of my apartment

Work Completed On 10/17/2017

01/26/2018

Valerie P.

Excellent job, beautiful results. Done in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Interior painting: Bedroom walls, ceiling, and trim

Work Completed On 01/26/2018

01/08/2018

Jean P.

This was the second time ACE painted our house. We were very satisfied the first time around and also now. Once the job was scheduled, the painters showed up on time every day. The painters were neat and picked up before they left at the end of the day. The only reason why I gave the business a "B" on responsiveness was because the owner did not keep us apprised of when the job would start until the week before. The bid was done about a month before the painting. Just a phone call in between letting us know we were on the schedule would have increased his rating to "A" on responsiveness. I understand that he could not necessarily give a date certain, but a courtesy call would have gone a long way.

Description of Work
ACE painted the exterior of our house.

Work Completed On 10/12/2017

11/18/2017

Max J.

Ace Painting provided an estimate soon after being contacted. After being chosen to do the work, they provided a time estimate of when the work could be accomplished and they met that schedule. Two workers spent at least two full days prepping the work surfaces and then spent a few days applying three different colors on the stucco, eaves/trim and doors. They had to work around some rainy days and did a great job! The house has a very tidy and fresh appearance. We would use Ace Painting again.

Description of Work
I had the exterior of a two story house painted.

Work Completed On 11/14/2017

10/11/2017

Kyle S.

The painting went extremely well. The color was better than I expected too! Although I didn't end up needing it, Alex does color consults and can help you choose the right color for your room. Alex and his crew were prompt, polite, and respectful. They covered and taped everything to perfection so as not to get paint on any furniture or the floor. They didn't miss any details and got the entire thing done in 2 days. They cleaned up well and all I had to do was "move back in" after the place was done. It's so beautiful, I don't want anything to touch the walls! If you are looking for a painter, don't look any further than Ace Painting. They are the best!

Description of Work
I had the entire interior of my apartment painted. It was in rough shape and had not been painted for 16 years so Alex and his crew had their work cut out for them.

Work Completed On 10/11/2017

10/03/2017

Karen N.

Alex and his crew did an outstanding job! They are very knowledgeable and professional in everything they do. Alex gave me a fair quote for the job and then worked with me to schedule it in the time frame that I needed. The painting crew was exceptional also. I believe they've been working with Alex for many years and I can see why. They are some of the best at what they do. Wish I could give an A+ rating - they deserve it!

Description of Work
Exterior House Painting

Work Completed On 09/26/2017

09/07/2017

John O.

Perfection! These are by far the most thorough and neat painters I have ever used. Their work truly exceeded my expectations. Two days of prep work prior to actual painting says it all. Great overall experience and value!

Description of Work
House exterior paint job

Work Completed On 09/05/2017

08/24/2017

Martin S.

Alex was prompt in scheduling for an estimate appointment. However, after initial visit I never heard from Alex since and its been a few weeks. I suppose my job was too small for his company to waste their time to provide an estimate and service.

Description of Work
I needed interior painting to my kitchen and 15 foot living room wall.

Work Completed On 08/24/2017

Hi [member name removed], Estimate has been send to you on Aug 14th, and it did go through so please check your spam e mail, if not please give us call back, or email us if you still need estimate. Thanks Alex Yi

07/31/2017

Lisa L.

They stayed on schedule and very communicative on the status of the work. Didn't have to micromanage.

Description of Work
We renovated one of condos and Alex and his team worked witin our time schedule to remove a popcorn ceiling, some drywall, and paint the whole interior. Alex was very attentive to our concerns or questions. I would hire him again!

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/20/2017

06/30/2017

Errol S.

All aspects of the job were positive. I really was impressed with how quickly Yi returns a message. I thought that Yi had the best understanding of how to apply the paint so it would last. I paid less last year and it did not last through the rains.

Description of Work
Painting a deck with latex floor and patio paint.

Work Completed On 06/30/2017

05/31/2017

Cabot T.

The crew was extremely good. They took the time to do all of the proper preparation and were careful in every step of the job. This company is truly professional and goes out of their way to make sure the homeowner is happy.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

Work Completed On 05/18/2017