Johnson Plumbing inc.

Founded 1960 • With Angi since May 2011

2190 Yosemite prkwy.

Merced, CA 95340

Johnson Plumbing, Inc. No Job Too Big Or Small Johnson Plumbing, Inc. is the service specialists, and quality & customer satisfaction are our top priorities. Johnson Plumbing, Inc. technicians are experts at plumbing jobs of all shapes and sizes. Johnson Plumbing, Inc. 2190 Yosemite

08/13/2022

Glen Q.

the project went badly. it was delayed a few days, and after I paid the service, they came back and charged for trouble shooting, which was ridiculous, as we knew that the faucet was leaking. I was hoping to replace the cartridge instead of the entire faucet, but of course, they would not do that to save my money. it is ok to replace it, but charging for diagnostics after we paid the project was just too much.

Description of Work
replace a leaky faucet

04/06/2017

Wayne H.

An older experienced plumber and an apprentice showed up. It took them all of 5 minutes from start to finish to break the stopper linkage completely, tell me there was nothing else they could do without a complete overhaul, and be out the door. They graciously reduced the price by $5 saying they weren't there very long. In and out in less than 5 minutes, completely broke what had just been stuck, and I'm still out $85.

Description of Work
I have an old house with a bathtub stopper linkage was stuck to that the drain would not shut. I called Johnson's to unstick the linkage so the drain would open and close.

03/17/2016

Lynn C.

I got him here today. They are amazing I give them an A. I've used them for years probably 34 -35 years. They are the best.

Description of Work
I use Johnson Plumbing inc. for plumbing services. They checked the water pressure, added a faucet and tightened the faucet under the sink the bolts and nuts that hold it tight. He did a really good job.

10/26/2015

C. Alan B.

Arrival was exactly at the time stated. The plumber was courteous and efficient. The job was completed quickly. All the parts necessary were in the truck.

Description of Work
A shut off valve at my pump broke off and began leaking. The plumber replaced the valve.

07/02/2015

Skye E.

The great thing about this plumbing company is that I can call them, describe the problem in vague terms, and they just do the work. Couldn't be happier with all of the miscellaneous projects I've had them do over the years - deep clean a slow shower drain, switch out toilets, kitchen remodel, etc.

Description of Work
Installed new kitchen sink and garbage disposal.

Category plumbing, home remodeling, drain cleaning

06/22/2015

Robert O.

Simple repair. Finished quickly. Good job.

Description of Work
Changed a broken shower head.

03/25/2015

Sherry J.

Couldn't fix on the first visit as they needed to order the part. It is an older tub/shower set up and initially he thought it might not be available. Fortunately they were able to obtain the part and it was repaired and is as good as new. Have been using Johnson Plumbing for several years now and they can handle any job...big or small.

Description of Work
Repaired a tub/shower control toggle

11/19/2014

Varilyn A.

We have always had great service from them with reasonable pricing. they have to come out about every 9 or 10 months as our toilet drainage and washer drainage attatch at same spot and gets clogged. We have also approached them about a quote to replace piping from our house to street as we have really old orangeberg piping which our front yard tree roots have penetrated. They will be giving a quote to us this week for the Job. It was interesting to know that they have full license to access the piping under the sidewalk to the city piping so we don't have to have the city come out to take care of their part.

Description of Work
They came out to unclog our plumbing. We have a cleanout area in front of our house and they were able to get the big chunk of tree root that had stopped up our plumbing out of pipe.

Category drain cleaning

06/25/2014

Martin V.

Everything went well until they hit the small bathroom sink took a little work on the faucet because the sink was an original 1950 porcelain and they were very persistent until they had it right without damaging the sink. The two young men were very professional, left no mess, fast an explained everything very clearly to me. Great work!

Description of Work
Dropped two floor heaters, capped the gas lines, inspected sewer line put a new overflow cap on sewer, priced a DVD of the sewer, fixed and restored a gas line to kitchen stove, fixed broken waterline in small bathroom and installed new faucet.

04/29/2014

Karl L.

very cordial and professional. responded an hour after called. price reasonable. will use this service again.

Description of Work
cleared a plugged sewer line

09/04/2013

Thomas J.

I've used Johnson's Plumbing exclusively for 30+ years. Greg Johnson, the proprietor, is honest and reliable. His employees are skilled and informative. The installer took me step-by-step through the removal and installation of the new water heater and explained routine maintenance. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend his company for any residential plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Our 20 year old water heater was replaced. The transaction and installation were efficient and timely.

08/22/2013

GREG J.

THEY SHOWED UP ON TIME AND DID A GREAT JOB,HAULED OLD ONE OFF,LEFT SITE CLEAN

Description of Work
INSTALLED NEW GAS WATER HEATER

07/29/2013

Dennis M.

Good. On time and completed job sooner than expected

Description of Work
Toilet seal

07/12/2013

Jeanne J.

Appointment made within 1 day. Showed up promptly. Have used them for other plumbing issues and would highly recommend them. Have called local plumbers, but either they never answered our calls or they never showed up.

Description of Work
To replace hot water heater vent in ceiling and check for gas leaks. Was red tagged by Fire Dept.

Category water heater repair

06/17/2013

Tom R.

everything went well.Manuel was very professional. he has done work for us before to our satisfaction. the other personnel at Johnson are also good plumbers.if at all possible ask for Manuel.

Description of Work
corrected my mistakes & installed plumbing for my newly automated watering system.

Category irrigation systems

05/29/2013

Mike L.

Refrigerator hookup was perfect. However after a few months down the road a part they supplied under the sink failed and caused flooding and damage to my home. The part was under the year warranty I was provided on parts and labor. I made attempts to contact and resolve this matter through the office staff but had no luck. Finally I made contact with the owner, Greg Johnson, and after he was informed of what happened in my home he made sure I was reimbursed the FULL deductible of my insurance claim and apologized for any inconvenience. It made me happy that he didn't try to bump heads with me or nit pick the matter. He showed me that the customer was important to him and he made it right. My kitchen is now repaired. I appreciate that and will call them again for future service. I also had them install all the sinks in my home a month earlier then the above date and I was very satisfied with the installation. I did have to call them back because the silicone sealer they used had shrunk down somewhat and created some gaps, but they came back out and re-sealed all of them at no additional charge and they have been fine since.

Description of Work
Hooked up a waterline from my water heater, through a wall in my garage to the back of my refrigerator. Also installed a new kitchen faucet along with all new parts, including angle valves, compression adapters and new flex line hosing.

05/07/2013

Ronald C.

Basically they just stood around and later when I actually moved in the house, I was still having water difficulties so the City came out and they went around and tested all of my water pressure and they did an excellent job checking my pressure, with Johnson Plumbing I feel that's what they should have done when I paid them to come out and I thought they were expensive with the service they provided. I still had plumbing issues and I had to move into the house and I needed a plumber to fix this plumbing, and I would be weary about hiring Johnson Plumbing again. They really didn't do any work, they literally stood around while the home inspector was going around doing his thing. I wasn't impressed with Johnson Plumbing, I still had plumbing issues and I don't want to rehire them.

Description of Work
Johnson Plumbing Inc. came out in November and I wanted them to check the water pressure of the house.

04/16/2013

Pat P.

They are fantastic. They are very prompt, same day or next day service. I have been happy with them every time I use them.

Description of Work
I had a leak underneath a sink.

04/15/2013

Frances A.

Replaced a leaking cracked plastic turn on/off valvue with a brass one on our hot water heater. Curtis moss was the plumber that came out, he was very courteous and explained everything that he needed to do, starting with draining the hot water heater, he showed us how to drain the tank occassionaly. The tank is no longer leaking or making crackly noices from the sediment.

Description of Work
happy with the service

Category plumbing, water heater repair

04/03/2013

Eileen E.

Company scheduled a home visit to do a camera inspection of the plumbing for the kitchen sink/drain. First scheduled to come to the house between 8-12. A call was received after the specified time to reschedule the appointment to 3-5. No technician ever arrived and no follow-up call was ever received. No show.

Description of Work
Company was called to determine location of leak in kitchen.

03/02/2013

Stacey C.

Okay, but I was very frustrated when the guy came in my house with very dirty boots on and left much on my carpet. When I asked him to remove them before coming back through the house from the garage. He said "sometime my job can be dirty, I'll be careful." He did not remove his boots, and again, dropped dried mud in my house. Very rude, in my opinion. I would use them again, if necessary, but I would be more insistent that they remove their boots. I was just very surprised that he didn't remove his boots when asked to.

Description of Work
Water heater malfunction, replaced thermocoupler.

02/09/2013

Eileen E.

Had a defunct garbage disposal replaced by Johnson Plumbing. I called on Thursday afternoon and was able to get on their schedule for the following day. I had already purchased a replacement disposal so this was for the removal/installation only. I was given an appointment time of 11am to 2pm. Left work early to come home. Technician did not arrive until around 3:15. I would have preferred to be given the option to stay at work and receive a call when the technician was on the way since I work about 20 minutes from my home and this made me lose at least half a day of work. However... technician arrived and provided great service. Installation was quick, he ensured there were no drips, and tested it several times before leaving. Other than the delay in arrival, top notch service. I would most certainly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Better late than never

12/31/2012

tracy H.

The worke was on time and did the work in a timely manner. He was plesent and easy to work with. I had him install my dishwasher but he did not connect it to the cabnet yuck.

Description of Work
In order to save money I got the products needed to replace all the fixtures in the bathrooms and kitchen. I had a subcontractor show to do the work and ended up paying for the lunch hour he took. After calling the company I did not get a satisfactory responce.

09/15/2012

Joseph M.

I had just bought a house in Merced. Tree roots were causing the plumbing to back up. They told me where to dig up my front yard to find the sewer pipe. It was within 6" of where they told me to dig, about 3 feet down. Johnson Plumbing installed a 2 way clean out drain and fixed the problem. Very professional, very timely. Joe

Description of Work
Installed a 2 way clean out drain so any plumber can easily get access both to main sewer line, and back to house.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

08/21/2012

greg J.

PGand E shut off my gas due to a leak.jp inc repiped it very quickly. got the inspection from the building dept.,pge turned gas back on

Description of Work
PG&E shut off my gas after calling them about a gas smell. I called johnson plumbing to come out and touble shoot it.They came came out right away and determined that i had various leaks and needed a repipe.They did the work ,got the permits and inspections very quickly,i would definately recommend them

Category plumbing, gas leak repair

A plus marble

We are a family owned business that was created in 2018 serving the San Francisco, Livermore and Santa Rosa areas. Noticing the lack of attention from fabricators to homeowners, we decided to open up and offer the best experience anyone could have. We are always innovating and updating our business models to stay up to date and current with all the trends. We carry all the state of the art equipment and an inventory of quality marble, quartz and granite stone products from the top manufacturers to get you the best design possible at the best price. Begin your kitchen or bath design! Just click on the design now tabs above!Call us today to get a free in home estimate! Virtual estimates are also offered!

Central California Builders

We specialize in plumbing services, repairs, inspections, installations, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Acuantia Septic Services

Acuantia Septic Services is the One Stop Shop for all your septic needs. We offer inspections, site & soil evaluation, system design, installation, maintenance, repairs, and replacement. We service areas in California, Texas, and Wisconsin. Call us at 888-743-9918 for a free consultation! Visit us at https://www.acuantia.com/

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Johnson Plumbing inc.

How is Johnson Plumbing inc. overall rated?

Johnson Plumbing inc. is currently rated 4.6 overall out of 5.

What days are Johnson Plumbing inc. open?

Johnson Plumbing inc. is open:

Does Johnson Plumbing inc. offer free estimates?

No, Johnson Plumbing inc. does not offer free project estimates.

Does Johnson Plumbing inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Johnson Plumbing inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Johnson Plumbing inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, Johnson Plumbing inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Johnson Plumbing inc.?

Yes, Johnson Plumbing inc. offers warranties.

What services does Johnson Plumbing inc. offer?

Johnson Plumbing inc. offers the following services: We install & repair: Water Heaters Disposals Toilets Faucets Gas Lines Purification & Water Softening Systems Instant Hot Water Swamp Coolers Grease Traps & More! At Johnson Plumbing, Inc., we also have state of the art equipment for video pipe inspections, electronic pipe & leak detection, root removal and pipe replacement. Ask us about our hassel free trenchless repairs. Messy trenches in your yard are a thing of the past! 24 hour emergancy service