Rapid First Plumbing

Founded 1974 • With Angi since April 2006

Yup. We changed our name from Rapid Rooter Plumbing to Rapid First Plumbing. Why? First of all, because our clients have called us first since 1974; And, because we are not just a rooter company. We are a full service plumbing company. As Rapid Rooter Plumbing we’ve replaced your water heaters,

plumbers (40)drain cleaning (16)sewer cleaning (7)water heaters (1)excavating (1)

03/08/2022

James H.

Office was very responsive. On the day of the appointment the plumber checked to see if he could come early... which was great! He determined what what kind of valves were needed and quickly purchased parts. He completed the work efficiently and was very helpful. Great results. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Replace 3 supply line shutoff valves and lines

Work Completed On 03/03/2022

03/13/2021

Melinda W.

Tyler very business and good jerry very nice and seemed to know his stuff but no sense of business. Told me the company marks up parts...... not really an appropriate thing to say. I called company and asked why no quote given. She laughed and said she was working on it and would send today. None received.

Description of Work
Redo outdoor faucet.

Category excavators, plumbing

Work Completed On 03/11/2021

01/04/2021

Carol S.

The tenant said everything was fine!😃 Carol Savorn Savorn Property Management

Description of Work
Replaced the Hot Water

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 12/05/2020

03/23/2020

Beth M.

Very well. They were able to schedule work quickly. The work was completed in a professional manner at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Leaky toilets fixed

Work Completed On 03/19/2020

06/19/2019

Steve G.

They were fast, smart and they were able to fixed it really fast and they give me advice on how to maintain the sewer line

Description of Work
Sewer drain clearing.

Work Completed On 02/20/2019

06/19/2019

Linda W.

They have excellent service . I been using them for about 15 years now. Whenever I need them, they came out quickly. The technicians were very friendly and very professional. They go extra miles.

Description of Work
Purchase and installation of a new water heater and they also does an annual inspection to it.

Work Completed On 03/12/2019

06/18/2019

Terry P.

It was wonderful. I've had no problems

Description of Work
Fixed some bathroom repairs.

Work Completed On 04/09/2019

06/18/2019

Brett H.

The service went well. they were able to fixed it. They gave me options for service without the hard sell. They explained the technical side of it, in easy to understand terms. They were very professional.

Description of Work
Clogged toilet drain issue. they fixed it.

Work Completed On 11/21/2018

08/09/2018

Mike O.

After some confusion with scheduling (one plumber quit, another was sick), Steve performed our plumbing work well. He was courteous, professional, and efficient as he replaced our water pressure regulator and three toilet flusher parts. Will hire them again.

Description of Work
Water pressure regulator and toilet flushers

Work Completed On 07/09/2018

06/14/2018

Barbara F.

Very rapid response to our call for service. They also did a video of the sewer line and left it for us. The video had been done during a previous visit about 2 years ago, but was not delivered to us. We now can use the video to decide what to do in the future - replace sewer or what?

Description of Work
Sewer backed up at our rental house. We called in morning and they were out to work on it by 11:00 a.m. They cleaned out the sewer lines and got everything flowing again.

Work Completed On 08/16/2012

04/26/2017

Theresa B.

We needed the service in the middle of the night and he came out with his lights and was quite so as not to disturb anyone. It didn't take him that long and he was successful at the job.

Description of Work
The took care of a blocked up sewer line.

Work Completed On 04/26/2013

12/20/2016

Mary S.

The service person was scheduled to arrive within an hour and a half of my call and actually came early, calling me first to confirm. He was friendly, professional and even played with the dogs. He diagnosed the problem, fixed things, and kept everything clean. I'll use them again.

Description of Work
Both toilets were blocked.

Category sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 12/11/2016

02/11/2016

Michael C.

I used Angie's list to find this provider in my area. Called them direct mid-afternoon and the woman who answered was very pleasant. She answered my questions and provided a basic quote for the service I asked for. The price was about what I expected. It was late in the day so I didn't expect to have anyone available to provide the service that day. I didn't want to pay an after hours price although I wasn't sure if the price would have been different. She said she could have someone at my house in about 30 minutes. The service man arrived at time promised. I explained what I needed done since I have had main sewer line blockages often in the past. I actually recognize the sign that a gurgling/bubbling toilet indicates a line slow down or blockage. I wanted to remove the clog before the line was fully blocked. The Service man asked questions to clarify and quoted a price which was the same one as I had been provided over the phone. He used his equipment to route out the main line at the point of the blockage and then also ran his line the length of my property to the actual municipal sewer line to make sure there was not potential blockage or build up. He ran water from the master bath and toilet for a short period to make sure the lines were running freely and they were. It wasn't a complicated job but he did it well. He made sure the area outside where he worked was put back in order. I paid by credit card and he used a tablet to complete the payment. I received an electronic receipt for my payment soon after. He was dressed and groomed professionally and was pleasant to work with. It has been 2 days and we have had no further problem with a gurgling toilet. I also received a follow-up call yesterday from a lady who I suspect is the owner asking about the quality of the work and my satisfaction level. I appreciate that when service providers do that. I would use this company again and recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Unblocked main sewer line that was starting to get blocked

Category sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 02/09/2016

11/12/2015

Karyl S.

It was almost 5pm when we decided to give up and call a professional to unclog the toilet. Rapid Rooter was one of only a couple places I called that could make it that evening and they were the only one that had a flat fee for unclogging toilets. (The others did not want to give any rate information over the phone.) I was told they could probably have someone over between 8 and 10. Charles arrived around 10:50 pm and was very professional and got right to work. Less than 15 minutes later he had it fixed and was wrapping things up. I would recommend Rapid Rooter to anyone finding themselves in the same predicament.

Description of Work
Cleared a clogged toilet.

Work Completed On 11/11/2015

02/26/2015

Lowry B.

Arrived on short notice. They found the problem quickly and fixed it.

Description of Work
Cleaned Drain

Work Completed On 05/01/2014

02/21/2015

Jim G.

I called them and a truck was at my house within about fifteen minutes. The job took about 10 minutes or so to complete and he departed. Service was quick and appears to be well done. I thought the price was a little high but it's probably not out of line with what plumbing companies are charging nowadays. I haven't had the need for such a thing in many years.

Description of Work
Clear clogged toilet.

Work Completed On 02/19/2015

12/22/2013

Terri L.

I had water back up inside my home and the toilet overflowed after a day of cleaning, laundry, taking a shower, and running the dishwasher. I had just gotten out of the shower and was blow drying my hair when the toilet overflowed for what I thought was for no reason. I had not flushed the toilet so when the water started coming out of the toilet I turned off the water to the toilet. I then called a plumber who told me I needed to call the county as it was likely a back up from the main drain. The county came over and used a camera to see from the street sewer man hole to my house only to discover it was free of debris. I called the first plumber back abd he suggested I purchase some Liquid plumber and he told me that he didn't have a snake and would have to see if he could rent one. I then began calling companies out of the phone book that specialized in snaking sewer lines as suggested by the county official. The first company I called that advertised 24 hour emergency service told me it would cost me $400 if they came in the next hour or $185 if they came the next day. The second company I called would not quote me over the phone and said they had to come over an look at my situation. The third company I called said it would cost me $220 and they would be there in 2 hours. The fourth company I called said they could not get to it until the next day and, since that was a Sunday, the charge would be $315 and if I could wait until Monday the charge would be $185. Rapid Rooter was my fifth call and they said Matthew would arrive in a half an hour and the cost would be $164. Matthew arrived on time, assessed the issue quickly, and began snaking the clean out. After about 5 minutes, he pulled out tree roots and advised me to now flush my toilets and run water in the tub. He then continued to snake the drain and pulled out more roots. He advised that I might want to have a camera run up my sewer line to see where perhaps more severe blocking may be occurring. But for now the problem was solved and I could use my toilets and take a shower. Matthew was very professional. He was nice and I am very happy that I continued calling so that I found them. Rapid Rooter will be my first call the next time and I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Used a snake to remove roots from my sewer line

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 12/21/2013

11/18/2013

Della M.

We called 2 other companies before calling Rapid Rooter - everyone was too busy on this Sunday night and would not make an appt until Monday morning. A phone call to Rapid Rooter was met with a professional dispatcher who indicated they would come out and gave me a rough estimate. She also said if they couldn't unclog our drain, we wouldn't owe anything. She said most calls are responded to within about 90 minutes. It was longer than that and I called back after 2 hours. Dispatch indicated we were next on the list and she called once the technician was on his was. Once they arrived, he went to work immediately, went 40-50 feet with the snake and cleared our drains. We were very pleased with the service, the technician (Kevin #66), dispatch and the price was in line with the estimate. Pleasantly surprised and would definitely call them first the next time.

Description of Work
Cleaned out drain and a plumbing check

Category drain cleaning

Work Completed On 11/17/2013

07/31/2012

Gale T.

They are priced to high for their service.

Description of Work
They quoted me much to high for the job so we did not end up using them.

Work Completed On 09/09/2011

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to bid on your job. Certainly we are disappointed that you elected to find other means to resolve your plumbing issue, but that is the great thing about competition. It keeps us on our toes, and insures the benefit of choice for the consumer. It is true, since we provided service to you in 2004, our prices have increased. Rapid Rooter Plumbing has held on to the belief that quality and service are still the best value and solution for our clients. Especially in this current economic climate, we daily see and hear ads for service at sub-standard prices and know that we simply cannot maintain our level of service and expertise if we lower our prices. We are committed to maintaining our standards. Safety procedures, background checks, drug screening, and DMV monitoring are a few of those costs that we are not willing to sacrifice. This helps insure that we have people who are conscientious about their role as citizens as well as team members of Rapid Rooter Plumbing. When calculating inflation, along with increasing consumer demand for service, safety, and convenience, our rates today are commensurate with our rates then. We are proud that almost 80% of our service performed is for repeat and referral clients. We sincerely hope that you were successful in finding the solution for your plumbing service need, and hope that you will consider calling us again for future needs. Sharon Blomquist General Manager

06/27/2012

Heather R.

They came within an hour and I thought the price was reasonable.

Description of Work
They fixed my broken toilet.

Work Completed On 05/08/2012

10/28/2011

Brett M.

After trying everything I could to unclog our drain line, including running a hose all the way down and having the city check the main line, I called Rapid Rooter and they responded immediately. They not only ran the snake down from the access hole (where we knew it ws clogged), they ran it up the pipe and found some root intrusion that was adding to the problem. Rapid Rooter is now inserting a cleanout access to the line, which I will evaluate in a separate report. This is at least the third time I have used Rapid Rooter, and each time they have responded quickly for a fair price. Last year they came back after hours because our main drain reclogged several days after they first cleared it, and they did not charge us even though the second clog was much further down the line than the first call. I don't know if there are cheaper companies in the area, but Rapid Rooter has provided quality professional service each time we have used them.

Description of Work
Unclogged main drain from the house.

Category sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 10/26/2011

Thank you so much for your confidence in Rapid Rooter. We value your loyalty and look forward to continuing to offer you the finest customer service available.

07/01/2011

BRIAN B.

Kitchen drain was clogged. Used the list to locate Rapid Rooter. Telephone receptionist was very polite and scheduled the appointment immediately. Technician arrived within time frame, and performed the work rapidly. All in all, a good experience, however the price for the drain cleaning liquid was high.

Description of Work
Technician arrived on time, was fully prepared, cleaned the drain quickly.