C & W Tree & Landscape Co

Founded 1977 • With Angi since September 2006

10 employees. Uses subs for various jobs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service fees. Extra charge for after hours services....

The Mattress Guy

Californians dump millions of mattresses each year. Many mattresses end up in landfills or disposed of illegally on the side of the road. This trend is growing with increased mattress sales and increased accessibility to retailers. Consumers are cycling through mattresses at higher rates, and the old mattresses need to be recycled to save our Earth. It can take a mattress or box spring up to 100 years to decompose in a landfill. Fortunately, mattresses and box springs are made of materials that are 100% recyclable and reusable. The Mattress Guy is the only mattress removal company in the Bay Area with its dedicated mattress recycling center. We have the proper machines to dismantle your used mattress and box springs. Our partners in the recycling industry then repurpose those components. To help achieve our mission of saving the Earth one mattress at a time, we have built a company that provides a guaranteed recycling process for residents and businesses dedicated to bettering our Earth and environment. It can take a mattress or box spring up to 100 years to decompose in a landfill. Fortunately, mattresses and box springs are made of materials that are 100% recyclable and reusable. The Mattress Guy is the only mattress removal company in the Bay Area with its dedicated mattress recycling center. We have the proper machines to dismantle your used mattress and box springs. Our partners in the recycling industry then repurpose those components. To help achieve our mission of saving the Earth one mattress at a time, we have built a company that provides a guaranteed recycling process for residents and businesses dedicated to bettering our Earth and environment.

5Js Junk Removal

Call or click for an estimate today! You can reach me any time day or night! Ask us about discounts for senior citizens, military and first responders!

L and B Hauling

L and B Hauling is a local company so what are your needs junk removal yard cleanups, leaf removal, hauling in or out wood, gravel etc. Call us to get your project done serving the East Bay and other areas.

Offers by L and B Hauling on Angi

03/05/2021

They did an excellent job and my tree looks a lot better than my neighbor's tree. They gave very good advice that saved me a bad trimming experience and I would highly recommend them. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
They reduced a big sycamore tree and removed some dead birch trees.

04/12/2014

They never tried to change or alter the price … that did a great job of cleaning up my yard and also cleaning the debris in the street along my fence I gave them a check for half the price and they were allowing me to pay the rest in payments Since this was an emergency type job the same day it cost more than if I would of scheduled it in advance .. I did also get another estimate – it was $250 mo...

Description of Work
I had one large 45 foot plus tree – one large branch fell into my yard in the middle of the night – the other branch was ready to fall into the street. I also had another 50 foot plus tree with three large braches leaning towards my house. After the one section of tree fell – I called C & W between 7 & 8 am the next morning... I told them I need these tress removed right away - they got me a 5 man crew there before 2 pm that same day – it took them a little over 2 hours to remove the trees and run it through their wood chipper..

06/03/2013

He was excellent. He was on time and courteous. He explained everything. He cleaned up after himself. He even cut some braches that were lying on our large roof for free. They were attached to the tree but they were so low that they were lying on our garage roof. We got three estimates and he was right in the middle. There was someone that was cheaper but they wouldn't do something that we needed ...

Description of Work
We used C & W Tree Service to remove three large trees, five small trees and also to trim up a tree off our power line. He even cut some braches that were lying on our large roof.

10/16/2012

This is by far the most nightmarish contractor experience I have ever been a part of. Here are some of the examples: 1. Did not show up on time for the work to be done and did not call. 2, Despite giving us a bid for the work constantly haggled to get us to pay more. 3. The men who showed up to work broke into our shed and decided to use our tools. 4. The broke the tools they borrowed. 5. Toke som...

Description of Work
We had trees taken out and retaining wall replaced

Category excavators,landscaping,tree service

11/22/2011

The job was very well done. They were absolutely on time. Everything was fine. They stuck to their estimate. They were very good. I would absolutely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used the services of C & W Tree and Landscape Company a year or more ago for trimming a tree. They climbed up a pine tree and removed some limbs.

06/01/2011

Contacted Cand W to perform work in newly bought house that had poorly maintained landscaping. Jeremy showed up and I told him what work I would like to have done. He had some good ideas for other work that I agreed would improve the yard's look. The workers showed up on time and performed all the work in the contract. I showed up shortly after work was done to verify all was well. Everything look...

Description of Work
Called C&W to remove several trees, trim several more and to remove an arbor covered in wisteria.

07/15/2010

It went very well with the work starting and ending on time. I wasn't there personnally during the work but all that was required to be done was done and the site was left clean and tidy.

Description of Work
Cut down and removed 6-7 large Monterey Pines and a Canary Pine plus lightly trimmed an Oak

12/11/2009

The price was good. Their quality was very good and they were punctual.

Description of Work
I used C & W Tree Service to remove two trees because the roots were tearing up my house. They ground out the roots.

04/25/2007

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. Mr. West and his workers are rude and perform very sloppy work. They cannot be counted on to get the job done correctly. I am filing complaints with the BBB.

Description of Work
Workers came into my backyard without permission (I was not home) and cut down the wrong branches. When I arrived home, workers were climbing over my fence and did not stop when asked. Most workers did not speak English. When they were supposed to drop off wood chips, Mr West (owner) called at 0700 and laughed when I reminded him how early it was. A confirmation call had already been placed the previous night. Mr West is extremely rude on phone, calling me a man,yelling, and ultimately hanging up on me. He refused to give me the information I requested (name, license number, etc)

09/01/2006

Overall experience was good with this company. Experienced, competent crew; finished the job on time and on budget.

Description of Work
Removed two trees and extensive juniper bushes, ground stumps, installed irrigation system and controls, graded the yard, installed top soil and sod.

Category landscaping

Pruning, planting, removing, cabling & diagnosing trees, landscape installations & removals, land & lot clearing, stump grinding.