MLI Shutters & Blinds

Founded 1994 • With Angi since November 2011

MLI Shutters & Blinds Address: 2343 W Yosemite Ave Manteca, CA 95337 Tel# (209) 825-1400 MLI Shutters & Blinds has been servicing Manteca and the Central Valley since 1994. We carry all types of window treatment, window shutters, window blinds, window shades, and window draperies. We are an authorized dealer for Hunter Douglas....

03/19/2018

WARNING! They do not accept responsibility for their mistakes, and take the unwitnessed, verbal word of their Salesman (vested interest in lying) over documented proof of his mistakes. Salesman wanted full pre-payment for order, but settled for about half when I balked. Glad I did. Delivery was over a week late and company forgot to call me when it came in. Also, in addition to what was owed, Salesman wanted $100 more to `fix' his mistake! An identical, new blind from Home Depot cost less than balance this company wanted, and HD delivered it to our home FREE. Story: I gave Salesman inside window measurements specifying width and height and used an identical blind I had with me to convey specifics. Salesman wrote up order and asked if the numbers were correct. HOWEVER, not being knowledgeable of industry conventions, we relied on Salesman to write up order correctly. He neither drew an illustration, nor identified numbers (e.g., width, height), and I did not know numbers were supposed to be in a specific order. Ignorant of this fact, I confirmed that the "numbers" were correct. BUT, he had transposed the sequence of the numbers, so the blind was made 3x wider than high! Home Depot, Lowes, and other companies I have used for blinds, use graphics to augment descriptions and cord placements, to clarify/catch any misunderstandings, contrary to the claims of this company's CEO, M. Lencioni, who claimed "no one in the industry does that". The only reason I gave them a `D' overall rating instead of an `F' was because we had been satisfied with a blind they had repaired.

Description of Work
Attempted to purchase new blind. Old blind repaired.

Category interior designers,window treatments

02/09/2017

My experience in the store was very pleasant, low pressure, and informative. In-house measuring was done a couple days later by the very experienced salesman and product was ready in 2-3 weeks. Installation was at my convenience and completed in 3-4 hours by a very competent crew.

Description of Work
Installed Plantation Shutters inside my house

04/15/2016

07/08/2015

I'm sorry I don't remember the persons name that did the repairs but I was so impressed I went back and bought him lunch.

Description of Work
I called Angie's List people because I couldn't find exactly what I wanted done because I tripped and fell into the blinds and figured new blinds all around. However I was told that the louvers could be repaired and they took the blinds and repaired everything that was broken within about twenty minutes and it looks like nothing ever happened to it.

06/18/2014

Description of Work
We had Hunter Douglas shutters installed through Costco at our last house and we really enjoyed them. We would have gone through Costco again, but couldn't get a consultation scheduled so we found MLI Shutters who also installs the same Hunter Douglas shutters that we knew we loved. The initial estimate was quick and thorough. We decided to get shutters throughout our entire house (covering 6 windows) and high-quality blinds in our pool house (6 windows). The shutters arrived within a week and we scheduled the installation. The installers came and were very quick and professional. A few problems that we encountered: There were 7 blinds ordered for the pool house, so we received a credit for the extra set. Also, the kitchen shutter was sent to us completely wrong, the one that came fit the window, but was not what we ordered. They installed it so we have something in the window and they promptly ordered the replacement. It has been a couple of weeks and we are just waiting for our install appointment on Thursday. One more thing that has been difficult is appointments availability for the installs. Otherwise, we are so happy with the shutters and the entire process. I have already recommended MLI to a co-worker! And don't forget to mention the 10% discount of Angie's List members, we saved over $200!

Category window treatments

On occasion even a great manufacturer like Hunter Douglas makes a mistake. When this happens, the replacement becomes job # 1 for MLI Shutters. We want our clients to know that they are the most important part of our business. As far as scheduling goes, the summer is the busiest time of the year and increased orders can cause small delays on occasion. We try to make sure that we don't overload our installers to the point that they feel rushed. We want them to focus only on the customer they are installing and not how many jobs they have that day. Thank you for your comments. It always helps to improve our business when customers respond. Mike MLI Shutters

09/04/2013

We contacted MLI Shutters while in the process of deciding which of several vendor we would purchase our faux wood blinds from. MLI Shutters was near a home we were renovating. We needed blinds for an entire home, 3 standard bedroom windows, 1 extra-large master window, 1 extra-large living room window, and the dining room window. We were living about 2 hours away from the home while it was being renovated, and MLI Shutters worked with us over the phone in a very professional, friendly and helpful manner. They mailed us information on all their products that we were considering and gave us price quotes. We visited their showroom and chose a few different products to consider. They came to the home and brought the samples for a free, in-home consultation, free measuring and price quote, which was very reasonable. We looked at blinds from other vendors and got other bids prior to ordering our blinds from MLI Shutters. The blinds were ready when promised. We had MLI Shutters install the blinds, and they arrived on time and did a very professional job. The blinds are high-quality, look beautiful and function properly. We are very pleased with our entire experience with MLI Shutters. We will continue to refer MLI Shutters to others and will use them again when we need blinds or shutters.

Description of Work
We ordered faux wood blinds for an entire 4-bedroom home we were renovating.

08/05/2013

Had a great time with the office staff. They were very professional, knowledgeable, offered options if something was not available. Flexible with scheduling. I plan to order additional blinds from them in the future.

Description of Work
Measured windows, ordered custom blinds, installed blinds.

06/07/2013

We just bought a house which came with an older style shutter (Bytheways from 2007) which are plastic/vinyl and several of the tilt bars were either missing or the connections were broken. The guys came in and fixed all of them and replaced the tilt bars. They also put new clips on a few of the veritical blinds that had broken off. The crew was on time and everyone I spoke to was helpful and pleasant. They even allowed me to call after the job was done and put the charges on my credit card! Excellent customer service.

Description of Work
Shutter repair

11/22/2011

I had bought it from them about eight years ago and they have a lifetime warranty. He had said that they would come back for repairs when I called them. I have French doors and several windows and thought that I got a really good price when compared to other establishments. I have referred a lot of my friends to them.

Description of Work
I had purchased shutters and blinds from MLI Shutters & Blinds and they came out and did some minor repair work on them.

Category window treatments

Commercial and residential, shutters, blinds, home design, shades, sales, installations & repair.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express