Airway Heating & Air Conditioning

Founded 2000 • With Angi since May 2009

551 Lehr Pl

Manteca, CA 95336

Owner operated. The mission statement of Airway heating & air is to create and promote an excellent relationship with our customers by providing quality service in heating and cooling and to ensure a positive experience and provide peace of mind. If you want sales, service, repairs and or

09/05/2019

JEFF A.

Scott came out and determined that the condensation line was clogged. He climbed onto the roof, fought off about 100 wasps that had made their home in the A/C unit, and replaced the condensation line. He was friendly, professional and honest. I will definitely be using Airway for any future A/C work.

Description of Work
The rooftop A/C was leaking into the attic and shorting out the fire alarms. We needed immediate help.

01/23/2019

Kate B.

Scott was very friendly, knowledgeable and experienced. He identified and fixed a rather obscure problem with my 20 year old furnace.

Description of Work
Furnace repair, it wouldn't ignite.

09/09/2018

Richard B.

They did a great job! On time, professional. Fair price.

Description of Work
Fixed my A/C

04/25/2018

Jackson C.

Great job ., neat clean and professional.. Scott and Joe

Description of Work
Replaced air conditioner evaporator

Thank you so much.

07/19/2017

Dan H.

They did a thorough job checking the equipment inside and outside the house.

Description of Work
A/C checkup.

07/14/2017

Percival U.

Now my AC unit is working fine and my family is happy because of the comfortable indoor air we are enjoying.

Description of Work
My A/C unit is not blowing cold air so I called Airway AC and Heating. The owner, Scott personally came with another staff, did the diagnostics and gave me the details of the findings and how much the repair would cost. I was happy to know that he gave me a good price. Quality of work is outstanding!

06/08/2017

Carl S.

With my permission, Steve dealt directly with our tenant and set up their appointment. He arrived at the appointed time. Upon inspection, he found the very old unit operating well but long overdue for a servicing. He cleaned and serviced the roof unit and also gave our tenant a thorough explanation of his work and pointed out two closed vents which were contributing to the perceived failure. Steve also sent me photos showing the unit's brittle electrical wiring and suggested that the 40 year old unit be replaced. At our request he prepared a detailed estimate of a replacement and mailed it with the bill. While we will have to save up for a bit for the replacement, we will absolutely go with Airway when we have the funds. Steve's estimate seemed very reasonable. Steve's communications were thorough, his dealing with our tenant very professional and his prompt billing and estimate much appreciated. We look forward to dealing with him again when we are prepared for the replacement.

Description of Work
Our renter complained of his AC not functioning and we called Steve, owner of Airway H&AC to investigate.

05/21/2017

Arlene K.

Fantastic. I had Airway out here a few years ago to check out roof top unit of heat and air conditioning.. I was impressed then and they will be the only firm I call. As a senior single female. I have experienced the gougers who think we are all stupid. This firm sets the Gold Standard for honesty, fair pricing, professionalism and all other integrity issues that any company should do to get repeat business. I can't say enough good about them.

Description of Work
Maintenance of air conditioner as I switch from heating to cooling. Have not had it checked out in a couple of t years. Cleaned out AC unit and checked that all was operating ok.

02/04/2017

Sebastian G.

I went through Angie's List to contact them for service. It went really good.

Description of Work
They did some maintenance on my heating.

01/30/2017

James D.

Airway Heating & Air demonstrated, quite clearly, that the issue was the main circuit board. I was also stepped through the next "most common component failures", with approximate repair costs, showing that repairing the aged unit was wiser than replacing it. They swapped the component with a stocked part (this is a common failure), and had us back up and working, fast! The unit has performed flawlessly ever since.

Description of Work
Our home's gas heating unit began working intermittently.

01/03/2017

Alfredo R.

New Year's eve I called several contractors but Scott was the only one actually working and even though working with a cold and almost done for the day, he agreed to stop buy and check the unit. Based on the info I gave him over the phone, he narrowed it down to the problem possibly being a relay on the circuit board requiring the circuit board being replaced. Scott then told me he had a board in his truck and if it was the right one for my unit (old Day & Night) he would have it installed for $450 out the door. Scott shows up on time and checks the unit, finding some work done by a company doing PG&E optimization and weatherization. He removed a small wiring device attached to the circuit board and and we tested the furnace. As I write this review the heater and fan are working fine and the quoted $450 will be going towards putting a dent on the holiday shopping. Scott is dependable, knowledgeable and trustworthy. I'll be calling him again in a couple of months for an A/C check. Thanks Scott.

Description of Work
My furnace was heating fine but once it reached the desired temp and shut off, the fan would cycle back on blowing cold air and was unable to turn it off from the thermostat. I had to go to the circuit breakers and turn the furnace /fan off that way. When I needed heat, I'd have to go outside and turn the breaker on again and start the process all over again. Needless to say, that got old real quick.

12/23/2016

Kristin R.

Our air conditioner stopped working this past summer. We called Scott at Airway Heating & Air Conditioning. He responded right away and was out the very next day. He arrived on time and was very professional. He explained everything he was doing and what needed to be fixed. Price was very reasonable and fair. It was a pretty quick fix and he gave us tips on how to maintain our air conditioner going forward. Then a couple of weeks ago, we had a leak in our attic and was told by a construction company that it was coming from our heating unit in our attic. We called Scott out again. He came the next day and determined that it was actually our hot water line. His service didn't stop there! Even though it was not a HVAC issue, he started calling plumbers on my behalf, to find someone that could be here right away, to limit the damage from the leak. Scott really helped us out and we are so grateful for his honest and professional service. I would highly recommend Airway Heating and Air Conditioning for any of your HVAC needs.

Description of Work
First visit: Summer air conditioning repair Second visit: Winter heating issue.

11/28/2016

William K.

Outstanding professionalism and super friendly while performing their work. They even took an extra few minutes to share their assessment of the life of the various components they serviced.

Description of Work
Needed annual service for home furnace located in attic.

10/25/2016

Laurel R.

When they put the capacitor in, it did run better. The guy who did the work was extremely personable. He was good, honest, humble and hardworking. He wanted to make sure that we knew he wasn't cheating us. He brought the capacitor down to show it to us. He got up there, did the work, knocked it out, made sure we were happy and he left. I thought he did a really good job. I liked everything about the service. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
They did a repair on the heating and air conditioning on the roof. They checked if everything in the system was working. We needed a new part (capacitor) because we've had it since 2006.

09/29/2016

michael W.

They did a very good job. They explained the results of the test to me making it easy to understand. They recommended that I replace a part. Their price was very reasonable. They did not pressure me into replacing the part. They explained exactly what the part did and how it works in the system. They do very good work and I highly recommend them. Will use them in the future for any repairs needed.

Description of Work
Routine maintanence and cleaning of my air conditioning system.

08/22/2016

Mary S.

I called and left a message on Sunday afternoon. He returned our call promptly and was out the next day. Fix was quick and even helped replace my filter.

Description of Work
My A/C Stopped working on a day that was close to 100 degrees.

07/21/2016

Paulette S.

I called and got a call-back from the owner, Scott, within a short time. Luckily, he'd just finished at another job and was at our home in 20 minutes! He was friendly, professional, and it was easy to follow his thought process as he explained his troubleshooting of our system. Turns out we needed to replace the blower motor and capacitor, as well as power-wash the AC unit on the side of the house (had 19+ years of dirt on the coils). At each step along the way, he gave us a quote, which we felt was reasonable for the amount of work involved. We happily recommend Airway Heating and Air Conditioning!

Description of Work
Our heating/AC unit in the garage was leaking water and the cooling wasn't as cold as it should've been.

07/05/2016

Cara D.

It went well. Explanations were given to clarify recommendations and the replacement was done immediately. No additional "problems" were found. Discount received for being member of Angie's list.

Description of Work
Replaced thermostat and checked a/c unit.

06/29/2016

Thann V.

Excellent, no complaints. Determined capacitor needed replacement ($150). Responsiveness to initial call a little slow (couple of days), but company has been swamped with calls during heat spell (100+ heat). I have used them before. The owner Scott has always provided excellent service.

Description of Work
Maintenance $79 service on A/C unit, repair severed low-voltage wire

06/15/2016

William T.

The service was excellent. This is the second time I used this company and they have done and excellent job both times. The iirst time I used them was in 2015 to replace some duct work.

Description of Work
They tuned and service are air conditioner for the summer and clean the filters.

05/17/2016

YVONNE A.

He is very friendly, and informed me on how my unit was running.

Description of Work
He provided a tuneup through an Angie's List deal.

04/23/2016

James E.

Scott Ledda (owner), contacted me on Monday 4/18 and set up an appointment for Wednesday 4/20 between 12n-2pm. He called at approx 1pm to advise he was on his way. He and Joe arrived in about 15 minutes. They introduced themselves and proceeded to work on my roof mounted ac unit. They did a thorough job of testing and cleaning the unit. All parts checked out okay. They reassembled the unit's outer shell, completed the necessary paper work and were on their way. Total job took approx 45 min. Very pleasant experience with two gentleman performing the work. Would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Provider tested and checked AC unit

02/08/2016

Patsy O.

Scott checked out the furnace from top to bottom and even crawled under the house. He alleviated my concerns as to the quality of work done by a previous company and clearly explained what was happening with this unit.

Description of Work
Scott Ledda arrived on time and was very knowledgeable about the questions I had concerning a noisy floor furnace.

01/24/2016

ritaH W.

I was not very impressed. felt that the owner was not very competent on the air conditioners and relied on his not very experienced employee for guidance and direction .although they added/changed freon to my air conditioner . I felt it performed worse after the servicing . My air conditioner vibrates a lot more Han it did . The cooling did not feel any different after servicing . Felt he was a bit pricy .

Description of Work
Service my air conditioner

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

To comment on this review, we went out to her house in the summer of 2015 to perform a maintenance on her air-conditioner. Upon reviewing the unit we noticed that this unit was undersized by 2-tons to the size of the house. I did mention that due to the unit being undersized, she will not get the proper cooling. We performed a full maintenance and added Freon to her unit. My worker and I talked about the noise and found that the noise came from the unit vibrating on the cement, so we placed some rubber under her unit to quiet the noise. It did seem to help the vibrating noise. This was over 5 months ago and we haven't heard from her since. She seemed happy when we left.

01/02/2016

Margaret Z.

He thoroughly examined our thirty year old unit, and made some repairs. He was very clear about what had gone wrong with some of the parts, and he replaced them. He told us what to look for in the future that might indicate a problem. He was thorough and very knowledgeable. He did not just jump to trying to sell us an entirely new unit. We felt he was very honest, and we can prepare for the future

Description of Work
Scott did a lot of troubleshooting to determine some problems that were keeping our heater from working properly. He was very clear that since the unit was thirty years old it could have more problems n the future, but it could be fixed at this point. Our heater had stopped coming on. Scott fixed it and we are warm again.

Derek Sawyers Smart Energy Heating & Air Inc

We are a Heating & A/C contractor that specializes in residential service repairs, maintenance, and new installations. We also do light commercial service, maintenance. and installation. We have 25 employees. We are also a service provider for The Home Depot and can offer financing through them. G.E. or Hero.

Service Champions Heating & Air Conditioning

Service Champions is the leading heating and air conditioning contractor in Northern California servicing homeowners in East Bay, South Bay and Sacramento areas. We can make your home more comfortable and improve the quality of air you and your family breathe. We specialize in maintenance, repair and sales of all brands of air conditioners and heaters, and are experts in indoor air quality improvement through filtration, duct replacement, insulation and hospital grade UV lights. All the air conditioners we install have the new environmentally friendly refrigerant that does not damage the ozone. We also are huge proponents of super high efficient equipment, such as 95% efficient furnaces. This equipment saves homeowners a tremendous amount of money on their utility bills.

Offers by Service Champions Heating & Air Conditioning on Angi
    Refreshed Heating and Cooling

We offer quality and affordable HVAC services.

820367
    Check, MasterCard, Visa, Financing Available, Discover

Heating & air conditioning - sales, installation & repair, safety inspection, preventatitve maintenance. Air duct installation, sheet metal work.