Method Paving

Founded 2006 • With Angi since September 2009

If you’re looking for a paving contractor that provides superior work, affordable prices and outstanding customer service, your search is over. Method Paving of Santa Clara has earned a reputation for all three. Owner Rick Pestana is a degreed Construction Engineer with over a decade of experience

.A Service Provider's profile imageA Service Provider's profile image

hardscaping (68)concrete repair (15)concrete driveways (10)Patios (8)driveway pavers (8)drain pipe installation (4)masonry (3)stone & gravel (2)pool cleaning (2)

09/14/2022

Irene S.

Very well. Team was helpful with suggestions, easy to work with. Very happy with finished job. I wouldn't use any one else for stone work, paving, etc.

Description of Work
Paver Patio

Category patios

Work Completed On 09/19/2022

04/26/2022

Jack F.

Outstanding. I’ll start with just saying that Method Paving is an outstanding contractor. Owner Rick PESTANA met with me to discuss the project. He was very thorough in his questions about my desires and expectations for the project, allowing him to prepare a detailed proposal for the job. His cost was reasonable — not the cheapest or most expensive but he was detailed in exactly what his team would be doing for each phase of the project. He worked with me on paver selection and design. In the end, the job went exactly as planned and the workmanship is outstanding. The job was scheduled for 9 days and completed on schedule. Rick stopped by every day to review progress and discuss any concerns I might have. There were no changes to the contract, which is a sign that Rick and the team really do know their jobs. The new pavers look beautiful. 5 stars to this contractor. I would recommend Method Paving for another job without hesitation.

Description of Work
Paver Driveway and Walkways

Work Completed On 04/27/2022

03/19/2021

Tom S.

This is a highly exceptionally quality company. My second job - continuing from original, around side yard into back yard. All work was performed to excellent perfection. I was given a start date, workers were on time, started and completed in timeline and excellent craftsmanship was performed. All questions were talked out and nothing was left hanging. Job site was left clean and no need for a return trip to fix a problem. 4 years between jobs and you couldn’t tell were work was finished and started. Method Paving will always be my go to contractor. Rick the owner is a stand up man who made sure work performed was to the expected quality!

Description of Work
Paving stone patio addition.

Work Completed On 03/19/2021

07/13/2020

Thomas P.

I have had a wonderful experience with Nathan and his team at Method Paving and would strongly recommend Method Paving. We replaced the pavers in a large backyard around the pool as well as the driveway and front entry. During the initial consultation, Nathan proved to not only be an expert in his craft, but also had a point of view and gave us insightful recommendations on the paver types and color options that best suited our home. During the installation, my contractor and his team who were working on our house at the same time even commented on how precise the paver cuts were. Following the completion of the job, we had 2 issues that came up over the course of the following months - neither of which were Method Paving’s fault. They were both caused by significant moisture changes causing our house and surrounding landscape to shift. Regardless, Nathan immediately brought his team back to reset and replace the pavers. If you want to hire someone you can trust, communicates well, does high quality work, and will work tirelessly to provide excellent customer satisfaction, call Nathan at Method Paving.

Description of Work
New Pavers and fire pit installation

Category drain pipe, hardscaping

Work Completed On 09/01/2019

01/13/2020

Carl B.

They were fast and efficient. The crew that does the install does a great job, paying close attention to details. Nathan Cohen was the main contact and was very helpful in helping me figure out what it was I wanted and also what I needed. Everything now drains away from the house and they installed a French drain along the back walk to take any runoff away. All in all, the job came out great. Nathan was also very helpful with giving me contacts for other professionals for incidental work that needed to be done. He's real hands on and was great to work with.

Description of Work
Old walk, patio and deck removed and replaced with pavers on three sides of the house

Work Completed On 01/12/2020

12/24/2019

Maureen H.

Initially they did a great job putting up the pavers. But they broke an irrigation line in one section. They coke back and fixed the irrigation line but they did not fixed the paver.

Description of Work
They did the paving through out my property.

Work Completed On 12/24/2016

10/04/2019

Thomas P.

Excellent job by Method Paving. Nathan is an outstanding project leader. He helped talk through options, he has a great wealth of experience and expertise. His team did an amazing job, Super high quality.

Description of Work
Landscaping - Hardscaping & Pavers

Work Completed On 10/04/2019

10/04/2019

Mike H.

I researched and talked to several contractors to do our extensive paver job. Method Paving was by far the best choice. Nathan from method paving was our project manager he helped us design our projects and had great solutions to what I thought would be issues for them to do. They did great work and we love the results.Great crew and outstanding customer service. If every contractor had business and work ethics like Method Pavers you'd never have stress again when you needed to hire one. They are honest and reliable, will always make it right! It was a pleasure working with Nathan and his crew.

Description of Work
Hardscaping & Pavers

Work Completed On 09/09/2019

02/26/2019

Linda V.

They did beautiful professional work. The pavers are well positioned to create a pleasing pattern, and the spacing could not be more exact. The foundation is so solid that I can walk on the pavers and feel no movement whatsoever beneath my steps. I am so very pleased with the way it came out. I will definitely have the company come back to do more work in the future.

Description of Work
Bordered Paver Sidewalk

Category masonry, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 02/26/2019

09/09/2018

MAY J.

Nathan managed the entire project from initial quote to completion. He was on-site several times to direct the demolition and installation crews. When I called or texted him with questions or changes, he responded right away. The crews were considerate and cleaned up daily. The project started and finished on the days specified, the first construction project that finished on time in my experience as a homeowner. When a small repair was needed, Nathan came back to fix it personally.

Description of Work
Pavers for backyard patio and paths

Work Completed On 08/07/2018

Review for Method Paving - 1484 Pollard Rd Suite 181, Los Gatos, CA - 37385332

11/28/2017

Elizabeth N.

Method was wonderful. From demo to finish it is a class act operation with a friendly and trustworthy workforce. The installers were true artists and craftsmen and took pride in their work. It was fascinating to watch every little piece carefully and accurately made to fit perfectly. Travis, who managed the project, was responsive, and respectful. I would hire again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Paver work: New walk way, porch, patio, retaining walls.

Category hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 11/27/2017

11/21/2017

jon L.

these guys did a superb job and were very respectful of neighbors and my family. a really professional excellent result with effort over and beyond what was expected to really finish this off properly. i am very thankful for these guys and highly recommend them. they really know what they are doing.

Description of Work
A rear yard, around 1,000 sq ft sand set travertine, patio had been laid completely wrong by a previous landscaper and was failing badly. method paving came in and very quickly assessed that the construct was wrong and suggested a solution. access to the site was really tricky.

Category hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 11/21/2017

11/20/2017

Mark A.

Really well, everything was done on time, the crew cleaned up each night and the quality of the work done far surpasses anything I have seen in the neighborhood.

Description of Work
Complete backyard remodel. Dirt moved, pavers installed, swimming pool completely re-done

Category pool cleaners, drain pipe, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 10/27/2017

11/16/2017

Sunil B.

Great job overall, very professional and top quality service. Nathan was always on time and very responsive to our questions. He worked with the city inspector on securing an agreement on the driveway gradient. Will definitely hire again, if needed.

Description of Work
Pavers for driveway and tiles for front porch.

Work Completed On 07/17/2017

11/15/2017

Andro S.

People were great. Quality of work was top notch. The end result could not be beat. Getting there was the problem as the job was postponed and delayed over 6 times during the course.

Description of Work
Paving & artificial turf.

Work Completed On 08/30/2017

07/26/2017

Daniel W.

The salesman, Travis, visited our house, and spent 1-2 hours discussing our plans. However, he never responded with a written quote. I called him twice and spoke with him, but still no quote. It's been about 3 to 4 weeks. I wasted my time.

Description of Work
I needed pavers for the backyard to replace the cement pool deck.

Category pavers, gravel, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 07/10/2017

04/12/2017

Sandeep J.

In a unregulated industry, I feel like a kite in the wind when hiring contractors. So, when I find a good one, I like to rave a little. Gives me hope to meet good workers. Travis came twice for a quote because of changes I wanted. Explained the process which aligns with what internet says about paver installation. Their price came in in the middle range of counterbids. I really liked that they specialized in hardscape only and have a clear calling. So, they don't shoot any job that moves. They brought in 4 people, 2 of whom spoke and understood English well. Friendly and helpful crew with good customer service. My interior designer confirmed that they had done great work with the lines, patterns, and colors. Travis took all my questions throughout the process and addressed them patiently. I asked them to take photos of the plumbing changes, but haven't received those yet.

Description of Work
About 480 sq ft of concrete patio replaced with natural stone. Price listed was for labor only.

Work Completed On 04/06/2017

03/15/2017

Alex C.

I'm very happy with the result. It looks great, and they finished in just one day. Their estimate beat the rest by far. Great people to work with.

Description of Work
Small paving stone patio

Work Completed On 03/01/2017

10/06/2016

Judy H.

This went EXACTLY as planned. I have never, ever, ever worked with a contractor who did exactly what he promised, on time and on budget with quality work...until now. Nathan from Method Paving came to the house, gave us an estimate, helped us pick out a design, and his crew came out when they said they would. The whole job took only 3 days. There were no issues and no delays and no added costs. Amazing! I would highly recommend this company. It was a pleasure to work with a company so professional.

Description of Work
Re-do a brick pathway that led from the sidewalk to our front door.

Category concrete repair, masonry, hardscaping

Work Completed On 09/26/2016

06/08/2016

Jeff H.

This was the second project that we’ve had done by Method Paving. The first project was almost 2 years ago where they used paving stones to redo our driveway, front walkway and front porch. They did such a good job the first time, we invited them back to work on our latest project. For this project, we developed a diagram of what we wanted done and had an idea of what type of pavers we wanted installed. We contacted Method Paving to have someone come out to review our project. They sent Nathan Cohen, who we had worked with before. Nathan listened to what we wanted done, took some measurements, and provided a quote which we accepted. Nathan also suggested a different paver color scheme for the patio. We visited the Calstone plant in Sunnyvale, got a map to their “rock garden” from the office, and surveyed the rock garden for the paver styles for our project. We made decisions about the pavers for our project and let Nathan know. They then put us on the schedule. Between the time of the initial quote and the start of the project was a little over 5 weeks. The project itself took 5 days to complete. The new walkway was about 108 square ft. The new patio was around 620 square feet. The new garden border was 25 feet long. Nathan and his crew did a wonderful job. They made sure that what they were doing was what we had asked for. The crew was hard working, and you could tell that they took pride in their work. The finished product was a testimony to their high level of attention to detail. They even exceeded our expectations in one area. Situated on the walkway in the backyard is our heat exchanger for our air-conditioning system. They had to work around it. We were expecting after the work was done that we would still see what was left of the the concrete slab that the heat exchanger was sitting on. To our surprise, they installed pavers so that the concrete slab would be hidden all of the way around the heat exchanger. If we have another project in the future where we could use their services, we would certainly give them a call.

Description of Work
This project was to extend the front walkway into the back yard, redo our patio, and make a border for a small garden. The concrete walkway in the backyard was removed and replaced with the same Cobble Stone design as was done for the front walkway. The concrete patio along with its two steps were removed and replaced with a Quarry Stone design. Part of the design was a 9 ft-diameter circle using the same type of Quarry Stone pavers. The border for the garden was installed using a Roman Stone design. The concrete patio was the big job, demotion wise. As it turned out, the visible patio was actually built on top of an original patio. So the crew’s jack hammer was used a lot to break up all of that concrete.

Work Completed On 06/07/2016

Review for Method Paving - 1484 Pollard Rd Suite 181, Los Gatos, CA - 31969293

09/19/2015

Dawn M.

Method Paving is amazing. We had a long narrow driveway that sloped the wrong way and flooded our garage whenever it rained. We also had a patchwork of concrete patios, and a set of narrow pathways around the house. All in all about 2000 sqft of surface that needed to be redone. The initial consultation was exactly what you could hope for ? a consummate professional asking the right questions, intently listening to your goals and preferences, and thoroughly explaining the available options. Nathan did just that. We received a very reasonable price quote and they were able to squeeze us in several days earlier than we had expected. The demolition was a much bigger job than anyone expected due to layers of concrete under the driveway and the existing patios. The demolition team were rock stars, working long hours without complaint during the hottest week we've had all summer. They also worked around the schedules of a plumber and tree removal service (these jobs always grow, right?!). We struggled to decide on the paver design, paver type, color and pattern, working closely with Rick who offered excellent suggestions and provided opportunities for us to go see installed options to see if we liked the look. And set us up with a supply company to pick up samples to set against our house to make sure that it looked good. To our amazement, Rick never lost his patience with our wishy-washy decision-making. Rick also suggested an inner border to break up the space of our rather large patio and driveway and add some character. And what a fantastic idea that turned out to be. We love the look. The installed pavers are gorgeous. Who knew that a driveway could be beautiful. The patio looks so good we don't want to put anything on it. The installation team was top-notch. The attention to detail is quite impressive. They cut pavers to fit around all of the nooks and crannies that exist around the house, garage and back deck, creating a polished and finished look. And the final product is more functional than I could have imagined. They managed to widen our driveway by about a foot, a significant improvement. The original narrow walkways are gone, replaced by wide, graceful, curving paths. Everything is well-built and solid. We cannot recommend Method Paving enough. The job was bigger than I think anyone expected, but the team was there 6 full days a week until the work was done. Both Nathan and Rick were extremely responsive when we had questions or needed clarification. They cleaned up after themselves, especially important for a messy job like concrete demolition and paver installation. Their teams (both demolition and installation) are knowledgeable, dedicated, hard-working, and straight-up good at their jobs.

Description of Work
Removed concrete driveway, patio and pathways. Paver installation of driveway, patio and pathways.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, driveway pavers, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 09/08/2015

07/20/2015

AnnMarie T.

left message 7/2/15 ; responded immediately ; gave estimate of job the day following the 4th of July holiday ; began work the following day ; fixed sinkhole and added on repair of edging support strips to total their minimum cost (minimum cost = $2200.) ; We would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
fixed sinkhole approximately 10 feet square and repaired edging support strips in other areas