Janice McCabe Interior Design

Founded 1986 • With Angi since November 2005

15559 Union Ave Unit 514

Los Gatos, CA 95032

We believe in long term design value, which we achieve by selecting quality pieces and through timeless design. We believe in creating beautiful rooms that reflect you, without sacrificing comfort or function. Servicing Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties. Janice McCabe Interior Design also

10/01/2019

Rich C.

It's been great. Jen was very thorough. They tried to work in a good schedule. They communicate in all requirements. They were competitive.

Description of Work
They are doing bathroom and kitchen remodeling now.

Category home remodeling

09/26/2019

Rischel Y.

Janice really knows how to make a home look and function amazing. She planned the layout for an addition for us. She was so good at planning a layout that functioned well and made great use of our space flowing from the old part of the home to the new. But what really impressed me was knowing that we were going to be living there, her layout functioned well while construction was actually going on, too. She did point this out during the planning stage as well as the addition bringing increased resale value. I didn't fully comprehend that meaning until we actually lived through the construction and she was so right about her layout containing everything to one area. She also did window treatments, an entertainment unit, and space planning for us. Her expertise and experience on living in a space was so spot on after construction, too. She made everything look so beautiful but also still functional. She really knows the scale of furniture to be in a space as well as placement and using furniture we already had!

Description of Work
Interior design and decorating

12/27/2016

Kristel W.

Janice brought samples and suggested ideas according to our lifestyle and tastes.

Description of Work
Consultation on Living Room decorating.

01/23/2016

Victor V.

Janice was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. She helped hone my ideas, gave great input, and made me feel confident about the direction we're going in for our renovations. I'm definitely consulting with her before making major decisions!

Description of Work
Interior design consultation

Category interior designers

Hi [Member Name Removed], I appreciate the great review. It was a pleasure meeting you and your family. I look forward to seeing you in the future, Sincerely, Janice McCabe

07/23/2015

Ellen S.

I really enjoyed working with Janice! She's super patient and had a lot of good ideas. She also was quick to see how a room should be set up and helped me rearrange one of my rooms. She also helped me a lot with choosing paint colours for several rooms and then helping me understand what that would mean for the furnishings I should choose. I would hire her again to help me with the rest of my house!!

Description of Work
Janice helped me choose paint colours for 3 rooms and also advised me on changes I was thinking about.

Category interior designers

[Member Name Removed] I appreciate the great review. I enjoyed working with you too! I hope everything is going well for you and your home plans. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Sincerely, Janice

04/24/2015

Karen B.

Janice analyzed our downstairs layout and color schemes in the kitchen and foyer, recommended flooring, countertop, window, and lighting options. On a followup visit she brought over samples so we could decide (or not). She recommended contractors to work with (we opted to do this ourselves but she could also serve as the contractor or recommend someone.

Description of Work
Janice helped us decide on floor and countertop options for a kitchen refresh.

10/21/2014

Philomena L.

Janet did an exception job with coming up with the color scheme for our home

Description of Work
provide color consultancy

10/11/2014

UMESH T.

Janice was on time for our scheduled appointment, she let us use the entire hour of consultation and provided some suggestions for space planning. Later she also sent us some color choices by each room. It was worth having her consultation and we would recommend her.

Description of Work
Provided consultation on color schemes and general space planning at our newly built home.

09/11/2014

Elizabeth M.

Janice helped me pick out new furnishings and a rug for my living room. She was very easy to work with - pleasant and professional and followed through with everything promptly and efficiently. She took precise measurements, and consulted with me as to color and style. I am very happy with the choices she helped me make. I definitely recommend her.

Description of Work
Redid my living room

Category interior designers

Hi [removed member name] , I appreciate the wonderful review. You were a pleasure to work with also. When I am in the area I would like to stop by and get a few photos. Thank you, Janice McCabe

07/14/2014

Mike E.

That turned out just fine. She came out and we went over everything. This was a consultation for some general remodeling and that was good service.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from this company for: $149 for Professional Interior Design Services.

06/27/2014

Camille J.

The service turned out very well. She did not charge more than the big deal. She gave good advise.

Description of Work
She gave interior decorating advise. I had purchased a big deal for the service.

06/09/2014

Chitra P.

Janice is very professional, punctual and very patient with us. She gave great recommendations and we would certainly user her services in the future!

Description of Work
Provided advice on paint, interior decorations etc.,

05/07/2014

pat M.

Janice and I began with a consultation on improvements I was seeking in my office building. We discussed the possibilities of new paint colors, light fixtures, window coverings, artwork and furniture. Together we walked through the building as she added thoughts and ideas to my hopes and dreams! Janice and I also met to select the paint colors, light fixtures etc. and eventually an estimate of the costs involved. Her ideas were exciting, and an excellent match for the needs of our building. Janice also was wonderful at incorporating furniture already in the rooms and helping me save on undue costs. Here"s the beauty of this decorating expert: Excellent knowledge and taste in todays colors and room design, experience in coordinating all aspects of the work from selection of items, ordering of materials, coordinating of all the work being done and an excellent team of workers to carry out the plans!!! I truly appreciated Janice's expertise at coordinating the entire project and having the work completed in 3 days! I am a very happy customer with 10 office renter's who walked in on a Monday morning excited and thrilled with the results they saw! I highly recommend Janice McCabe and her team to anyone who wants fair pricing, expertise in ideas and a beautiful outcome with reliability from start to finish.

Description of Work
Provided consultation on paint colors, upgrading of lighting, window blinds and artwork. Painted waiting rooms, hallways and bathrooms, removing old wiring, replaced light fixtures, hung new art work throughout the building.

Category interior designers

Hi {removed member name}, Thank you for such a wonderful review! I appreciate you taking the time to provide such an eloquent and thorough review. You were a pleasure to work with. And your art work make the space. You are a very multi talented lady. Sincerely, Janice McCabe

05/01/2014

Nicole W.

Janice was super helpful and patient in selecting paint and carpet colors for my 2 bedroom condo.

Category interior designers

Hi [Member Name], I appreciate the wonderful review. Best wishes in your new home. Sincerely, Janice McCabe

04/28/2014

Nancy O.

Gave some good suggestions for my office and entry way

Description of Work
In home interior design consultation

03/31/2014

Maryann W.

Janice was prompt in contacting me after I purchased the Big Deal and asked me to email her what I might like to focus on during her visit, which I did. On the day of our appointment, however, Janice was 20-25 minutes late and did not telephone ahead to advise. I wanted ideas on paint colors and ideas on what we might do with our small living room: use as theater room with concealed big screen or formal setting. I believe we just did not connect and I was disappointed. On the positive side, Janice did mail me pictures of some entertainment consoles she had talked about during her visit.

02/26/2014

Shirley H.

We want to remodel our kitchen and for two hours of service gave us many good ideas for our small 1950's era kitchen. We plan to use her for the remodel later as she can provide plans as well as she has her contractor license and can provide "people". Janice is very professional and not pushy and listens. We have interviewed four other contractors and Janice was the only one that listened!

Description of Work
We purchased a "Big Deal for two hours of design service.

02/16/2014

Neeraj B.

Janice was running a little late, but she let us know that in advance. She took time to understand our needs and expectations and provided suggestions on colors, furniture, layouts, and on some remodeling that we had considered. We liked all her suggestions and will definitely contact her when we start on our projects.

Description of Work
We has signed up Janice's promotion on Angie's List and it was great value for money. Janice visited us and gave suggestions on organization, colors, and remodeling.

Category interior designers

Hi [member name removed]. I appreciate you taking the time to write a great review. Good luck with your future plans for your home. Please call if I can be of any service. Thank you, Janice

02/05/2014

Peter B.

They were all terrific professionals and did amazing work. The costs and schedule were almost exactly as her estimate. I plan to have her design and manage renovation of the rest of the house.

Description of Work
I first used Janice McCabe's design services. After just a few minutes of conversation, she understood my tastes in styles and color. She made recommendations that I immediately liked. I had an old wet bar that I wanted to replace but hadn't a clue how to deal with it without major construction. Janice came up with a simple and elegant solution. Since she had experience in contracting and management, I hired her to manage the entire renovation of five rooms. She has a number of contractors she has worked with for years.

Category interior designers

Hi [member name removed], Thank you for the wonderful review. It is a pleasure working with you. Sincerely, Janice

01/16/2014

John P.

It was fine. It was what we were hoping that we were going to get. Janice contacted us very promptly after we made the purchase but we asked her to wait until after Thanksgiving because we were having a trip and doing some other things and it just did not work in our schedule. She did not charge us anything more than the big deal price. We wanted to go with a different color scheme than we had had previously and when she came, we explained what we were looking for and she went over the color samples with us. We were able to arrive at what we thought was a workable color scheme for what we were going to do.

Description of Work
We used the big deal that we purchased from Janice McCabe Interior Design for a two-hour consultation regarding the repainting of the interior of our house.

12/11/2013

Pamela W.

They came out a week after I purchased the "Big Deal" and the service went fine. I like the way she communicate with me and her personality. It seems like she have a lot of experience.

Description of Work
I purchased a "Big Deal' from Janice Mccabe Interior Design and they did some interior design & decorating for me.

11/28/2013

Diane K.

Janice offered me what I consider to be good advice. However, our time together ended half an hour early. Janice was having surgery in a few days and she was going to get back with me when she recovered. I expect that when I do hear from her, my rating will go up.

Description of Work
I wasn't sure what to expect when I purchased this deal.

11/20/2013

John H.

She was wonderful and terrific. She was timely. When we called her, she made an appointment within a week. She came over and her advice was very good. She knew what she was doing and it was very good for us. It was a bargain.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal coupon from Janice Mccabe Interior Design for interior to help us with colors and just some other ideas of decorating.

10/25/2013

Kara Y.

The experience went fine. She was fast.

Description of Work
I used the Big Deal of Janice McCabe Interior Design. They gave me some color and decorating ideas on some couple of rooms.

10/23/2013

Priscilla T.

We went room by room to discuss some changes. This was only a consultation so we discussed changes in a general way. I felt comfortable with her suggestions.

Description of Work
I purchased a consultation with Janice through Angie's List. She was prompt and Professional. We discussed various ways that I could remodel the kitchen and bathrooms. She provided some good advice that I will follow-up with. And made some solid suggestions for some detailed changes.

Mod Movers

At Mod Movers Monterey, we’re ready to be your resource for moving throughout Monterey and all of California. We work hard to eliminate some of the “sticker shock” from the moving experience by providing our clients with a written estimate of how much your move will cost based on the services you choose. Get hold of us today and we’ll help you plan and carry out your move so it is as smooth and efficient as possible. Mod Movers provides a wide range of residential and commercial moving services for customers throughout Monterey, CA and all of California. Whether you need help with a little or a lot with your upcoming move, our efficient staff will take some of the stress off of you!

CA Movers

WE PERFORM INTRA-CALIFORNIA MOVES TO THE HIGHEST STANDARD! Our team brings over 16 years of experience to facilitate your perfect move TODAY! We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in moving services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

Award 2022
    Offers by CA Movers on Angi
    Move For Cheap

Mountain Moves is a registered and licensed Moving and Haulage Company that is based in Silicon Valley, California, United States. The business was established to provide safe, excellent, and affordable local and long-distance transportation of household and office goods; packing and packaging services; distribution, and logistics to our target customers located majorly in California. For years, we have redefined the moving industry by creating a company-wide culture that values a compassionate connection with our customers. We take the time to understand our customer’s needs and we provide solutions that save them money, relieve their stress, and transforms their perception of what to expect from a professional moving company. We understand that we are dealing with our customers’ personal space and valuables. We do our best to send on the jobs professional movers that respect our customers and their valuables. OUR CULTURE Our Company is based on a triangle of three words; human, care, and trust. Before everything, we conduct ourselves HUMAN first; we are there for each other and we do business with and for each other. The moment humanism is taken out of the equation, products and services become of little value. Therefore, we treat our neighbors as we would treat ourselves. That’s why we treat our workers well because without them there would be no Mountain Moves. We CARE about each other. Because we care about each other, we also TRUST each other. Without that TRUST, which is the human currency, our business has little or no value. Our goal is to spread that culture with customers and business partners doing business or interacting with us. And you won’t need to worry about your belongings having any issues when we really get that culture sunk in ourselves as a team. You help us spread that culture every time you use us. ( Gerald)

California Contractors State License Board
    05/31/2021

Interior Design Services – Furniture, Fabrics, Upholstery, Draperies, Window Coverings, Remodeling, Space Planning, Wallpaper, Wall-finishes, Color Consultations, Kitchens and Baths, Custom Cabinet Designs, Carpet, Floor Coverings, Custom Furnishings, & Lighting.