The Urban Lumberjack

Founded 1979 • With Angi since October 2005

Hi! I'm name is Steve Marshall my tree care company is called The Urban Lumberjack. I'm an ISA (International Society of Arborists) Certified Arborist with 31 years experience in the Southern California tree community. Speaking frankly, I believe that more harm is caused to trees by excessive or needless pruning than is caused by neglect. We strive to give you an honest opinion of what is in your tree's best interests - which is often to leave them alone - and to provide quality service for a competitive price when attention to your trees is called for. My crew and I pride ourselves on leaving your property cleaner than when we arrived as well as taking the time necessary to treat your trees to first-class care. We work throughout Los Angeles county and the surrounding areas. Please check my website at TheUrbanLumberjack.com for more information on our services and philosophy of tree care - and thank you for considering The Urban Lumberjack. PS - I'm now also TRACE certified, which is an acronym for Tree Risk Analysis and Comprehensive Evaluation. This certification is rewarded to arborists who undergo an extensive program and pass a rigorous test demonstrating proficiency in recognizing and analyzing signs of structural hazards in trees and is a right handy thing to have....

We do all about trees, from trimming to removal, palm tree trimming, brush clearance, stump grinding. I have 10 years of experience maintaining and keeping trees healthy, my passion is to give the best service to our clients, and exceed their expectations.

We offer 24-hour complete tree service to Sherman Oaks and all of Los Angeles County. We offer same day service, free on-site estimates, and fair pricing. Whether you need a tree planted, trimmed, or removed, we can provide you professional service at affordable rates. As a family owned and operated business, we take great pride in our work. We have served Sherman Oaks over 50 years with a reputation of top quality service and affordable rates. We service both residential and commercial customers, city and county governments, property managers, HOA, and schools.

Serving both Los Angeles and Ventura counties, Kerry’s Tree Service Provides Trimming and Pruning, Tree Removal, Stump Grinding. Kerry's Tree Service, Inc. is fully accredited, insured and licensed so you can feel comfortable with our tree care experts. We have ISA Certified Arborists on staff and carry general liability and worker’s compensation insurances to protect your home, family, and our employees.

05/17/2016

It went very well. The Urban Lumberjack returned my call promptly after a couple of days and gave me all of the information that I needed.

Description of Work
The Urban Lumberjack gave a report on a sick tree.

03/06/2016

He came during the summer and told me that winter was the best time to do pruning of trees, which others hadn't told me. Eventually I had him do the work, and he did a good job, and at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Trimmed yard trees.

10/16/2015

Steve Marshall, The Urban Lumberjack, is the best tree man in this city. He persisted in staying in touch during a difficult period of making contact while I was unavailable. He eventually came to the site and thoroughly examined the job I had for him. Removal of a large tree overgrowing my property onto the property of a neighbor. The job was very complicated because of the formation of the tree ...

Description of Work
The Lumberjack removed a huge and extremely difficult tree to fell.

10/12/2015

Steve is very responsive and thorough. Like me, he wants all the details and information so he can make the right call as far as next step. The entire process while working with The Urban Lumberjack was very professional. His guys were fast and very thorough. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Trimmed neighbor's tree limbs that were hanging over my property. Trimmed two Loquat trees and my podocarpus privacy trees..

09/11/2015

Mr. Marshall came out to give me a free estimate on 8/29/15. He was very professional and knowledgeable. In fact, over the years I've had different arborists trim my trees and he is the most knowledgeable. He explained which ones I could do now and when the best time of year to trim the trees were, how each tree should be trimmed/pruned. I arranged for his crew to come out on 9/4 which they did on...

Description of Work
cut/prune trees and remove some bushes

Category tree service

Tree evaluation, analysis, planting, pruning, trimming,topping cabling, bracing, removal, Fruit tree and palm tree services

Please ask for details