We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling

Remodeling California

With Angi since July 2015

1702 s Robertson Blvd #379

Los Angeles, CA 90035

Family own since 1999. Crews have done thousands of projects and have lots of customers all over the place, great reviews over the internet, & we always do what we were hired to do and nothing less....
ADU garage conversion  project
ADU garage conversion

garage building

202090045

12/29/2020

marsha B.

They did a great job. They did an excellent job. I had a very positive experience. They went above and beyond. I would recommend them. I was extremely happy with the result.

Description of Work
They remodeled my master bathroom for me.

12/28/2020

Kim T.

The service was excellent. The crew and the owner came and got the timeline. The guy was great, good to work with, honest, and transparent. I'm very pleased with their work.

Description of Work
They remodel the bathroom and redid the kitchen. They completed the tiny house - painted the outside, put the patio on, did some electrical, everything.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

12/19/2020

Harriet P.

it was wonderful. It was easy to work with Ilan and his crew. They do excellent work. They stuck to their time line and always cleaned up before they left for the day. I will hire them again when the need arises.

Description of Work
I wanted to remodel my kitchen

12/18/2020

Kim T.

Oh my God! Hiring Remodeling California was one of the best decisions I have made. Establishing a working relationship with the owner Ilan has proven to be immeasurable. Ilan is the utmost professional and a master of his craft. He listens and was able to over deliver. He took my 1930's kitchen and bath and brought it up to date beyond my vision, yet the transformation was seemless. The work was completed on time and his team worked consistently without any delays or interruptions. They were on time. organized, clean, removed debris and were truly professional. Although Remodeling California is not the least expensive, the price was reasonable and Ilan takes you on the journey with updates, great communication and total transparency. I was so pleased, I have called on Remodeling California to assist in other projects on three different occasions. Without reservations, I highly recommend Remodeling California for any job you may have in mind. To anyone who is interested in speaking with me or want to view his work, I welcome you. This is how happy I am with all the work performed. Simply Exceptional!

Description of Work
remodeling house and back house & patio and exterior painting

Category custom cabinets, countertops, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, garage builders, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

12/18/2020

Kenesha J.

Ilan was excellent! His team was Awesome and arrived daily, even finished work ahead of schedule! Planning to hire again for ADU... Come on let’s go lay

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel new walk in closet and master bedroom remodel

Category closet systems, remodeling, replacement windows, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

11/05/2015

Jeff D.

It went great. What was really great about him was that he was a local Los Angeles provider and he was able to do work for us in San Diego. His team was efficient, professional and knowledgeable. I have recommended him to friends and family.

Description of Work
He re-stuccoed the house, painted the inside and outside of the house, he took care of mold, did a new roof, new kitchen, flooring, replaced 21 windows and 1 door, redid 3.5 bathrooms, he redid outside walkway.

Category flooring contractor, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, stucco, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

10/26/2015

Diana B.

. Everything went smoothly with little intrusion into our lives. The work was very professional and was completed quickly. We are happy with everything. Any questions or concerns were handled in a timely manner, with all honesty.. No cross words were spoken. I would highly recommend Ilan and his crews and his company to anyone who might ask.

Description of Work
They patched, textured and painted many holes in the walls and ceilings from a previous repiping job. They patched and replaced shower tiles. They painted the entire outside of the house.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, home remodeling, house painters

06/15/2015

James C.

Met with Ilan (David) and went over the details about how we wanted the bathroom remodeled. A complete gut job, remove the bathtub and put in a stand up shower in its place. All new tile, exhaust fan, recessed light over the shower. He seemed like he knew what he was talking and liked what he said. All the permits were pulled and the job started. The guys showed up and gutted the bathroom. I came home to a pile of construction debris on the side of my house. I didn't say anything figuring it would be taken away. Well it remained there during the whole process. I was told the electrical work would be done, but when it did not pass inspection I hired my own electrician. I was under the impression from talking with Ilan I would get that service deducted from my bill. But when the final bill was due I was told otherwise,. They did the hot mop in the shower which seemed ok and once that was done they put up the backer board and got ready to drywall and set tile. I came home from work and they set the tile saw on my lawn (expensive recently sodded lawn) with stuff strewn all over it. I started moving stuff and told them to move please. Well the tile job was fair at best. The saw did not work correctly. Chips at the edges of the tile and an uneven application of the tile. Time for a new blade I guess. They kept asking me to buy things that I was told would be included in the contract. Grout, paint, etc. The dry wall job was fair. Knife marks around the holes they made for electrical boxes etc. I don't understand why they put caulking between the door trim and the shower tile since it had a finished metal edge. Over all it is a pretty sub par job and wish I had done it myself. I was told what to expect and I don't feel those expectations were met.

Description of Work
Remodel Bathroom

Category home remodeling

Thank you for your review I am always open to hear and improve our services. The job was done and on time the bathroom looked great at the end and I have some nice photos to prof it. We had obtain permits from the city of Lakewood and the inspector did not pass the electrical of the house which was ole and needed a complete rewire I suggested this services to [Removed member name] but he decided to hire his own electrician or his friend and still expected us to pay for it??!! [Removed member name] his a do it your self person so he likes to criticize others for what he believe he can do better The job price was $10,500 for labor only and he was suppose to provide all materials and he is complaining about it as well which I find strange after he agree to it up front. The trash was on the side of the house on some dirt and wasn't on the way and was taken to the local dumpster within a few days after the job started I wish him and his family all the best Ilan

04/17/2013

Monica D.

The remodel went very smoothly. It was done in phases; outside first and inside next. The workers were always on time and pleasant to have around. The owner, Ilan was extremely professional and knowledgeable. I appreciated his added service of helping me chose fixtures, paint colors, etc. and without him I don't think my "vision" would have been achieved. The job was finished in a timely manner and we are so happy with the remodel. I love my beautiful house! In fact, I will be using them again in June for another project. I highly recommend this company

Description of Work
Complete renovation of house including roof, windows, gutters, painting inside and out, new kitchen, floors, 2 1/2 baths, outside walkway, fireplace,closets etc

Category closet systems, flooring contractor, gutter repair, landscaping, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, fireplaces, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, hardscaping

06/17/2008

El K.

I was really happy with there work. They provided me with good customer service. There was no problems. They started on time. They finished on time, and my kitchen looks beautiful. They have a fair price for the quality they provided. I would recommend them and use them again.

Description of Work
They redid our entire kitchen in our home.

Category remodeling

05/24/2008

Valerie S.

It went terribly. I made it clear that I wanted the work done promptly. The first day they spent 4 hours or so demolishing then left for the day. After that they established a pattern of coming perhaps every other day for maybe 6 hours a day max. They stretched a 2-3 week job out for at least 5 weeks before I fired them at approx. the halfway point--they had not finished the electrical, the door installation, the painting, or done anything re the plumbing-despite my constantly calling or emailing them to tell them my concerns about the lack of progress. Total contract price was about $20,000, but $11,000 is what I had paid at that point, was probably too much, and I may still sue them for that and the cost to complete the work. The alleged general, Ilan Shapira, who had promised to supervise the job even though he did not personally have a general's license but was only a salesperson, hardly ever came by and showed an utter inability or unwillingness to coordinate the job. He kept assuring me that such and such work would be completed by X day and that benchmark kept moving back. There would be a 2 day wait because the electrician needed to come and wouldn't be available for several days. Then there would be another 2 day wait because they didn't call the inspector to come until after the electrician left even though they could have called him to schedule it in advance. When I asked why they couldn't send a different electrician, I was told that the guys I was waiting for were "the best". Actually those electricians screwed up a number of things which the Building Inspector and the electrician I later hired to fix their work had pointed out to me, so he was either lying or didn't know what he was talking about. Also, I had said I wanted to pull permits for the work but no permits were pulled until somehow someone (fortunately) called the City, at which point there was a code compliance case. The contractor blamed various delays on this but this was the stated intention from the outset. They charged me for the permits to the City which I later learned they were supposed to have taken care of. They also had no idea what they were doing. They put the wrong size beams in. They had to rip them out not once but twice because the building inspector said it had been done wrong. The building inspector told me off the record that they didn't know what they were doing. Ilan blamed it on something about my garage's structure but you could see ALL the supports on all sides before you started because there was no interior drywall! After I fired them, Ilan threatened to sue me, sent nasty letters, and sent a letter telling me he had put a mechanic's lien on my house, which I do not believe he ever actually did. He also mentioned that he was involved in some other lawsuit. If I ever have time I will report them to the State Contractor's board and possibly sue him for damages in court. Also frequently no one on the site spoke any English.

Description of Work
They were hired to remodel my garage. There was no drywall on the interior so you could see exactly what structural supports were and were not there. They were hired to remove extraneous beams which were oddly located and replace them with appropriate support, insulate it, add drywall, add a few outlets and canned lights and otherwise update existing electrical as needed, punch a hole in one wall to put in double French doors (which I provided), even out the concrete floor and tile it, and paint and otherwise finish it off in a professional manner. They were also supposed to add a plumbing and sewer line so I could put in a sink that could (if someone later wanted to) be retrofit to add a toilet.

Category remodeling