Plaza Carpet & Hardwood Floor

Los Angeles, CA 90035

Additional Email: mrplaza@aol.com...

06/19/2015

Dan H.

The Quote Dennis came to the house to look at the project and was very personable. He guaranteed that the carpet portion of the quote would be cheaper than the price we would get form Home Depot, and that the quality would be better. We decided what was to be done and a week later visited his showroom to pick a carpet. We picked one and confirmed it the next day. It took 3 more weeks to get a price for the project, and then the quote was with the wrong style of carpet, he had quoted the more expensive style. Once this was corrected it was still MUCH more expensive than Home Depot, but we stayed with him anyway since he was doing the hardwood floors. The Work Carpet: 3 more weeks and the carpet installers arrived, removed the old carpet and installed the pad. Luckily I checked the new carpet while it was still on the truck, it was a much darker carpet than we had picked. Dennis' first response was "there can be up to a 7% difference in dye lot" and insisted it was the color we had picked. The carpet was clearly labeled as 'Black Tie Affair' and we had ordered 'Victoria Falls'. They took the incorrect carpet back and Dennis said that he could have the correct carpet in 3 days. This was Saturday May 2nd. On Wednesday (3 business days later) we called and Dennis said that he didn't have the carpet and that he "hadn't take into account that Tuesday was Cinco De Mayo." (?!?) I discover through some research that the correct color wasn't actually ordered until Tuesday the 5th. No answer until Friday that the carpet will finally arrive the following Tuesday. May 12th (TEN days later, not Three), the correct carpet arrives and the crew installs it, and does a nice job. Hardwood Floor: Angel came and did a great job with all the patching and laying in of replacement boards, the only complaint was that the patch which was done to match an existing stained floor was only coated, and not stained to match at all. He returned, sanded, stained and re-coated and was able to achieve a very acceptable match to a floor which had been stained 5 years earlier. In short- the quality of the workmanship is good but there was so much dishonesty that I even feel like the original quote for the higher price carpet was an attempt at a bait and switch.

Description of Work
strip and refinish the original kitchen hardwood floor. strip and refinish patch of dining room hardwood floor to match the rest of the room. replace boards as needed, floors are original and on their last sanding. install new carpet in bedroom & closet.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

02/19/2015

Julia D.

I went to a number of vendors and compared carpeting and prices. They were very competitive and were very responsive, I could have had the work done the next day if I wanted. They moved my tenants' furniture and laid down the carpeting. They were very professional and it came out beautifulyl. The only glitch was that I specifically and clearly explained to them that the only reason I was buying carpeting was for the soundproofing effect. Hence we discussed the best soundproofing padding. Doncha know that when the workmen arrived the padding was the thinnest and wrong kind. The company is located only a couple of miles from my house so they went back and brought the right padding with no problem, however, if I had not been there to check it... All in all I would recommend them but--and this goes for all workmen and vendors--always check, question and verify.

Description of Work
I needed carpeting for two upstairs bedrooms because current tenants are really loud and I was rerenting the lower unit. They moved out all my tenants' furniture and put in the pad and carpeting (without glue as I specified). Actually, I don't remember the exact price but I did a lot of comparison shopping and they had the best price for the carpeting I wanted

Category carpet installation

04/15/2014

Steve N.

I would refer them. They were pretty responsive and they did a good job. They honored the bid.

Description of Work
I used Plaza Carpet & Hardwood Floor for installing carpet for a condo association.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

10/12/2012

Gayle P.

Everything went well, but we went with another company that had a lower price and a referral from a friend.

Description of Work
They provided an estimate for hardwood flooring.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

09/22/2010

kalpana P.

They are a good and professional company. They came on time and cleaned up after themselves. They did what they had promised. I was pleased with the finished product.

Description of Work
We used Plaza Carpet & Hardwood Floor to refinish our hardwood floors throughout our whole house. There were 4 rooms and a kitchen.

08/05/2009

Rebecca H.

Pablo came out to take measurements and prepared some samples for me to see in the showroom when I came by a few days later. We agreed on the price and I put down a deposit. The guys who did the work were prompt, clean, polite, and very fast. I had hired another flooring company to refinish the wood floors in the rest of the house, and those guys, who needed extra days to finish the work, had left their sanders and other equipment in the kitchen where the Plaza guys were replacing the floor. Without calling my husband or me, the Plaza guys carefully moved all of the other company's equipment out to the driveway and began working on the kitchen without a hitch. Seriously competent and very fast.

Description of Work
On the first day, Plaza removed and disposed of old flooring in our kitchen and laundry room and installed black and white vinyl flooring, baseboards, and thresholds. On a second day, they installed a new shoe base along the baseboards of our living room (including along one curving wall under a bay window) and installed a new wooden threshold in the doorway of one bedroom.

01/27/2009

SUSAN T.

We were very pleased with their work. They worked with us in trying to get everything accomplished in a very short amount of time. They were very responsive to our needs. Whenever we had a question, they were right there.

Description of Work
They did our flooring.

Category flooring contractor

09/10/2008

BRENT M.

They were punctual. They always arrived on time. They did a very good job with the installation of all the rooms. They were very clean, polite and professional. I have recommended them to other people.

Description of Work
They put ceramic tile in the kitchen. They put solid, walnut floors in the living and dining area. They put carpet down in the stairways and in the bedrooms. They tore out carpet in the living and dining area and carpet out of the bedrooms. They cleaned up everything nicely each day.

Category flooring contractor

08/08/2006

TAMA H.

The estimator (Raoul) came out to our house and took measurements, but then never called us back. When we called him, he said his wife had been sick and he'd get back to us the next day. He didn't point us at another salesperson to cover for him. Never heard from him again and gave up. BTW, the correct URL for this company is http://plazafloors.com/. The one given on the info page takes you to a site in Houston.

Description of Work
Asked for an estimate for 1400 square feet of hardwood flooring including installation.

07/31/2006

PETER P.

I had just refinished my hardwood floor and thought it was a bad job and wanted to re-do. I wanted this company to come look at it and tell me whether they could do better. The man on the phone only wanted to know the square-footage to give me an estimate over the phone but did not come out to see it.

Description of Work
No work was performed. I just called to ask questions.

MIKE PILLAR & SONS HARDWOOD

Mike Pillar and Sons is a family owned and operated business. We have been providing over 40+ years of "old fashioned" & modern hardwood floors to the West Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley and Ventura County areas. Most of our employees have been with the company for over 20 years. We have a field supervisor Michael Pillar, along with Mike (Owner) who promises the personal attention and service that each customer deserves. You can always call the office as well and speak to Wendy Pillar, who can help answer any questions that you may have.

Olde Tyme Floor Co Inc

Hardwood Installation and Resurfacing/Refinishing Specialists w/ High-End Custom Staining & Finishing. Special Pricing for Angie's List Members. Olde Tyme Floor Co., Inc. is a boutique, full-service Hardwood Flooring Contractor, established over 40 years ago. Family owned and operated, our employees are hand-picked and several have worked for OTF for 10-20 years. We always perform the work and NEVER subcontract to other companies. Our passion for creating everlasting beauty in your home extends beyond the boundaries of our work. It is the essence from which we pride ourselves on, delivering exquisite craftsmanship and attention to the finer details, bringing your dream home to life. Old Tyme Floor always delivers first-class service that is uniquely tailored for each individual client. We are fully licensed by the State of California (#637696) and are proud members of The Better Business Bureau and the National Wood Flooring Association. Our services include Installation, Sanding and Refinishing, Staining, Wire-brushing, Hand-distressing, Staircases, Crown-molding, Door & Window Casings. Additional services: exterior decks, custom dance floors, racketball courts, plywood sub-floors installed, pre-finished engineered floors installed, leveling, water damage.

Offers by Olde Tyme Floor Co Inc on Angi
    Arbor Hardwood Floors

Arbor Hardwood Floors is a family-owned business specializing in custom wood floor coverings for your home. With over 15 years of experience serving the LA and Ventura County areas, you can trust our expert staff to provide the personal and professional service you deserve at a fair price. Whether it’s a minor repair, sand and refinish or brand new install we treat every job like it’s our own.

Offers by Arbor Hardwood Floors on Angi
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Sales & Installation, Carpet, Shaw, Mohawk, Camelot, Catalina, Lees Carpet, Laminate, Pergo, Columbia, Coastwood, Shaw, Alloc, Floorescape, Wiltex, Longust, Hardwood, Bruce, Columbia, Hartco, Kahrs, Robbions, Virginia ceramic, Tile, Mulia, Euro-Style, Catalina, Fujiwa Collection, American Florim, Crossville, Porcelain Stone, Dal Tile, Vinyl: Congoleum, Armstong, Flexco, Marley Vinyl, Amtico, Johnsonite, Bruke Mercer.

Please see for details