O'Malley Construction Co

California: Contractors

2385 Addison Wy

Los Angeles, CA 90041

www.omalleyconstructionco.com

General Contracting specializing in doors, windows, fences and decks. I also do everything necessary for new owners to prepare their new house for move in. Flooring, skim coat drywall, and painting are also projects that I have quite a bit of knowledge in. Award wining....

handyman (83)woodworking (21)door installation (17)decks & porches (16)house painting (12)window replacement (12)interior painting (9)deck cleaning (8)fence company (8)stucco (7)plumbers (7)general contractors (6)

08/15/2020

David M.

Randy does superb work and is a" jack-of-all-trades" as a contractor. Along with doing repairs on our house for the past 15-years, Randy has done steady work for many of our neighbors. A few months ago, Randy did a magnificent job laying out the concrete for our driveway. More recently, he has painted an office in our home, as well as painting the outside deck. In addition, he added a long wooden railing around the deck. Randy is prompt, courteous, and extremely professional. I would highly recommend him for anyone looking for a seasoned contractor.

Description of Work
Concrete laid out on driveway; painting outside garage and porch; painting interior room of house; building a wooden railing around porch

Category decks,concrete driveways,woodworking,house painters,interior painters

Work Completed On 08/15/2020

05/19/2020

tom H.

Well. Said it would take 2 people 1 day. Completed as promised

Description of Work
Replace wooden shingles in outside wall

Category appliance repair

Work Completed On 05/15/2020

04/16/2020

Michael R.

Very complicated and intricate build - with many either missing or damaged parts. He and his worker were amazing and accommodated for errors that were not their fault and found fixes to all unforseen issues. Very professional and caring. I will keep hiring for whatever jobs I need done I the future and you should too.

Description of Work
Building a child's playhouse

Category garage builders

Work Completed On 04/16/2020

Review for O'Malley Construction Co - 2385 Addison Wy, Los Angeles, CA - 38503132

06/08/2019

Henrietta A.

Randy is very professional & a fast worker. I will be hiring him again.

Description of Work
Hanging curtain rods & curtains; installing new chair leg pads.

Work Completed On 05/28/2019

05/17/2019

Dani P.

Randall did an excellent job building our horizontal slat fence. The price of western red cedar had gone up a lot, so we couldn't afford the pre-finished stuff that we initially intended to purchase. Randall planed the rough boards so they looked much smoother. He also had to accommodate a grade change and tree branch growing onto our property. One snafu along the way: the distance between a couple of posts was off, but Randall corrected the problem with a smile. I highly recommend him!

Description of Work
Horizontal Stat Fence

Category fencing

Work Completed On 05/17/2019

Review for O'Malley Construction Co - 2385 Addison Wy, Los Angeles, CA - 37881220

Thank you [Member Name Removed], it was my pleasure.

08/12/2018

David M.

Everything went extremely well! Randy arrived punctually at 9 a.m., and dived right into the work. After doing a superb job with the grouting on the sink, Randy measured the Venetian blinds and toilet seat...and quickly went to a nearby hardware store to pick up the replacement items. After completing the work needed with the blinds and toilet, Randy quickly took care of the leaky pipe. Afterwards, he repainted a section of our living room, where the paint had chipped off the wall. Randy has done work of us and our neighbors throughout the years; and, as always, we found him to be extremely efficient and professional. The total price was $200, which included both labor and materials.

Description of Work
Randy replaced a toilet seat, repaired a leaky pipe, repainted a section of the living room, picked up & hung several Venetian Blinds, filled in grouting on sink

Category contractors,countertops,handyman service,plumbing,interior painters

Work Completed On 08/10/2018

08/11/2018

LAURENCE N.

Randy was responsive and communicated by text and visited the house in April. We looked at the project and he promised to get back with a bid. I texted him a reminder that we hoped to get a bid. He texted this back: "I'm getting them. I'm just a little busy to have gotten back with a bid." I replied back that we remained interested and asked him to "get back to us when you have time". We never heard back from him again. He seemed like a nice guy, but contractors waste valuable time when they don't follow up or give you bids - or say they don't think the job is for them. He just went into radio silence, or forgot about us completely.

Description of Work
Fence and pergola in back yard.

Category fencing,handyman service,woodworking

Work Completed On 04/20/2018

I apologize to [Member Name Removed] and his wife. I mistakenly thought they were deciding on what kind of design and waited for them to contact me. I read now that they were waiting on me. I am so sorry for the mistake.

08/01/2018

Margaret G.

Randy scheduled this small job immediately because he had a cancellation the next day. He listened carefully initially and consulted later along the way. He knew what he was doing and educated me on the pluses and minuses of different materials and methods. He suggested the idea of replacing the entire gate rather than only the rotted post, and I liked the idea. He and his assistant worked hard, his pricing was reasonable, and I enjoyed getting to know them. Like most others, I plan to call him again, including for small jobs. Thanks, Randy!

Description of Work
replace a wooden gate and wooden post

Category contractors,fencing,handyman service

Work Completed On 08/01/2018

07/17/2018

V. D.

Overall, this company did not respond in a TIMELY manner either by email or a phone call. I called a couple of times and one returned my call for a week. In truth, they wrote a couple of emails; they never actually confirmed they were coming out until a couple of hours before they said they would show, I only spoke to R. O'Malley once and specifically asked me to call me with his findings. I waited a couple of hours to hear from him - he did not follow through. I called him and the phone rang several times, until someone answered then immediately hung up. This was my experience, I did not get an estimate and obviously the work was never completed.

Description of Work
Cover attic vents

Work Completed On 07/16/2018

I told her I was working a ways away from the area to take a look, and said if I could get by there I would call her and see if they were available. A few days later I called to see if it was ok to take a look after I got off work, around 5. She said yes but don’t disturb her mother,so I went over. I walked the property and had a few questions about what exactly she wanted before I gave her a quote. I did have two other quotes to work on so I didn’t call her right away, but did give her a call a day later. She told me she already hired someone, so I didn’t complete the estimate. I believe I was upfront and quite “timely”.

06/03/2018

peter D.

Randy always followed through with his word, showed up on the day and time that he said he would. When the project was completed there were a few things that didn't come out as I preferred, and he came back on his own time without me having to call him repeatedly, and made the preferred adjustments as soon as he had an opening, which was several hours of work. There aren't very many contractors that would go that extra mile for their customers after the job and payment was completed.

Description of Work
fence repair

Work Completed On 03/22/2018

Doors & windows. Fencing. Decks. Handyman.