National Deck & Stair

Founded 1994 • With Angi since August 2005

8939 S Sepulveda Blvd Ste 208

Los Angeles, CA 90045

National Deck and Stair is a family-owned and operated Los Angeles company committed to outstanding customer service and the highest level of craftsmanship and professionalism in the industry. We specialize in the application of waterproof deck and stair coatings. In addition to fiberglass

09/26/2018

Maurice O.

It went perfectly. Were great interacting with the owners, as far as scheduling and making sure they had access to their units since they were servicing the stairs, These guys were phenomenal.The property manager of our condos started using them for a very large project after seeing the quality of their work and being highly impressed by it, especially for the price they charged.

Description of Work
Resurfaced and refinished half a dozen stairwells, have also done decks and landings for us at our co-op

10/30/2017

Michael L.

They put us off for 6 sweeks after we signed a contract and relied on them.

Description of Work
Waterproofing a deck they installed 4 years ago

09/04/2017

Douglas V.

Excellent - start to finish. Ted came out and assessed the problems and explained clearly what needed to be done. He responded quickly with a fair and detailed quote and the office put me in the queue for the work. There were a couple of weeks where I was going to be unavailable and they took note and scheduled my work around those. Jose completed the work beautifully -- kept the house clean and protected, was a pleasure to work with and was always on time and happily explained the whole process as he went. Definitely recommended!!

Description of Work
Repair and replace balcony surface

Category decks, deck cleaning

05/10/2017

Daniel C.

took a while to get on the calendar due to all the rain related work from winter storms, but crew was quick and efficient and completed work in two days.

Description of Work
replaced surface on outside landing

01/10/2017

Cindy P.

Replacement went great. Work was performed well, fast and efficient. Property was left in clean condition. Every aspect of the job was worry free for me.

Description of Work
Stair repair became stair replacement when removal of magnesite revealed extensive dry rot.

12/26/2016

Dave F.

GREAT! We requested Bruce come out and give us a quote to restore our deck and stairs. His crew were kind, clean & punctual. This company is honest and not out to gouge you. AND THEY DID A FANTASTIC JOB!

Description of Work
Re-waterproof a 30 plus year old deck and stairs.

Category decks, deck cleaning

12/12/2016

Dorothy W.

Once I got the bid, National proved to be very congenial and totally professional. My deck looks wonderful!

Description of Work
Resealed my sun deck.

04/06/2016

Joan C.

The estimator came the same day I called. He seemed competent and suggested doing a thorough resurfacing of a roof deck which just had a major leak doing substantial damage on two floors of my house. It was clear that the work needed to be done before the next major rain. A contract was sent. It was expensive but seemed like the best option. No one called to book the job. I called several times and received several excuses one of which was that the owner was out of town, would call the following week - no call. I called repeatedly and got stalls each time. Over a month went by and the next heavy rain came. I cancelled the contract. I can understand them having a problem but because this leak was likely to cause more damage they should have told me they couldn't do the job rather than stall me until it was too late.

Description of Work
Did estimate, sent contract, did not book job

03/14/2016

Arthur R.

Limited access for part of day, but only after opportunity to go out. Ingress in evening at reasonable time for return home. Definitely know how to do this work.

Description of Work
Removed old deck and stairs. Replaced rotted wood. Added stiffeners. Installed wood deck, sealed around deck to prevent leaks, installed over-deck, installed pigmented covering with non-slip texture.

Category contractors, decks, deck cleaning, woodworking

03/08/2016

Des C.

Ted Singer gave us a very competitive estimate on the work to be performed. The workmen arrived on schedule and carried out the job timely. We were very happy with the results and they completed all aspects of the work in the sequence and manner described in the estimate.

Description of Work
Re-surfaced a balcony floor and associated stairs

02/25/2016

DEBRA B.

Bruce Singer is the person we originally spoke to. He came to the house to go over all the work we needed done then he sent his crew to do the work. They were all exceptionally courteous, drop cloths, covering shoes with clean cloth before walking into house. They were on time, very focused on the work again overall a great group to have working in and around our house. We would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
The cleaned and re-coated several exterior decks in our house with a "Resin Coating"

11/28/2015

Bruce B.

the estimator came and provided a quality estimate with a complete explanation of the procedures better than 4 other contractors that estimated the job, so I scheduled the work. when the crew appeared a week later, the crew chief, Julio, examined the job and recommended a less expensive method of conducting the job. the estimator came back and after a conversation with Julio, agreed that the job could be completed in a satisfactory manner that would still enable the company guarantee. the best part - based on the new methods they reduced the contracted price! that is the sign of a company with integrity that considers the needs of the client. I highly recommend them and would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
resurface and paint 2 roof decks

10/28/2015

Jack D.

Please see above under " What did Provider do?"

Description of Work
I was concerned about a leaking deck, particularly because of predictions for El Nino conditions coming this winter. I called National Deck & Stair since they were listed on Angie's List. Bruce came out, and in short order advised that the deck was not the source of the leak and showed me exactly what he thought was, and how it could be fixed. I was most impressed with how straight forward Bruce was, his expertise in assessing the problem, and, most importantly, his integrity in not trying to create unnecessary work for his company. It was truly refreshing. I would and will hire Bruce's company whenever the need arises in one of our rental properties, and am happy to refer him.

10/27/2015

Paul J.

contractor arrived and finished job quickly. Job was finished quickly and done well.

Description of Work
fixed an area on our roof deck where a drain had to be replaced in area near the roof drain.

Category roofing, deck cleaning

07/28/2015

Nikki F.

Ted Singer is very responsive, professional and cheerful. The workmen were here early, quietly did their work, cleaned up everyday. The work was done in 3 days. The results are high quality and just as I expected.

Description of Work
Removed old magnesite flooring on a 25'X3.5' balcony. Restored the raise for drainage, installed 3 new scuppers (drainage ports), laid new magnesite. Also repaired and resealed a staircase.

05/04/2015

Karen M.

Ted Singer came out and gave me an estimate, and told me it would take two days to do. When they arrived, the foreman introduced himself and was polite. When they finished the first day, they told me the surface of my deck was really uneven and suggested an additional service, to add texture, that wasn't in the original estimate, which would cost an additional $ 450. They assured me it would look great. I've used them in the past, so I took their advice. It did end up looking great, overall, however there were two lighter areas that definitely didn't match the rest. I called them up, and they asked me to send them pictures, which I did. They came out a few days later and fixed the problem. I'm happy with the result. Ted also submitted a bid to the condo building where I lived, because a walkway was cracked outside my unit. It was less than another company had bid, so my HOA ended up using him for that job. Ted really went the extra mile.

Description of Work
They resurfaced my rooftop deck and added texture to it.

03/25/2015

Lisa Z.

The overall process was great and the job was well done. The best part was dealing with the foreman who was very professional and knowledgeable. I would recommend and hire again if need be.

Description of Work
Installed waterproofing system on the deck and stairs.

Category decks, roofing, deck cleaning

02/16/2015

Layola R.

The thing is on the deck, I know there was wood rot. They did take out the ply wood on time but beyond that there were termites underneath that they did not take out. I should have been there watching and I didn’t tell them to call me when they removed the ply wood. I thought since I told the contractor he would have told the workers but, he did not. The resolution for that was to spray the bugs after they finished the job. That’s not what I wanted or what I paid for. Everything else was great; I would just watch them when they do work next time. They didn't collect one penny until the job was completed. They told me this is the one way they do business. This is really important when looking for a contractor who you can depend on that way.

Description of Work
They came out to repair my deck.

11/13/2014

Dana L.

I contacted National Deck & Stair in October, and everyone I dealt with at the company provided excellent service! Upon meeting Bruce, I knew this was going to turn out well. He was so incredibly thorough in his inspection that he even noticed rust and extensive damage to a supporting rod on my deck and spiral staircase. I hadn't even asked him to look at it, he just happened to catch it on the way out. WOW -- did I get lucky. Had Bruce not noticed that damage, I would have incurred costs much greater as time went on. I received an estimate for both decks, very reasonable. As I needed welding (per Bruce's great suggestions), I also needed to revise the estimate due to some unforeseen issues with the metalwork. Again, the estimate was more than fair. The day of the scheduled work, Cesear and William arrived on time, materials in hand ready to go. Their work ethic was incredible as they continued to work well past lunch until the work was complete. I offered them some food thinking they might need a little break as it was well over 85 degrees and sunny, but they only accepted water and continued to work methodically covering every inch of the decks. I was so impressed by their professionalism, courteousness, and attention to detail; they even painted all around the side edges so everything matched. Again, WOW! I felt so fortunate that they were assigned to our project as Cesear and William were remarkable! I wholeheartedly recommend National Deck and Stair, you will be beyond thrilled with the outcome. I was so impressed that I recommended them to my neighbors, three of which intend to schedule National Deck and Stair for their deck repair.

Description of Work
Patch, repair, and paint deck landing with spiral staircase, and paint roof deck

11/09/2014

Maurice O.

The office staff was very friendly and professional. Getting a bid and getting the work done on time for the agreed upon price was easy. The workers were great and the job went smoothly. I am very satisfied.

Description of Work
Resealed our staircases and landings

10/25/2014

Gloria D.

I had several estimates for the same job. Most of the estimates were around $5,000 to $6000 plus. However, National Deck's estimate was $12,000+. I tried to work with the estimator to try to understand why this estimate is more than twice as much as the rest. He said not all estimates have to be in the same range. I never got an explanation that I was looking for. I really wanted to work with him because it looked like they were highly rated on this website. since I did not receive a satisfactory that I was looking for, I decided to go elsewhere. There are others that is more than half the price with workers' compensation, bond and liability insurance.

Description of Work
Provide an estimate. It was not a typo. The estimate was Twelve thousand plus.

07/28/2014

DEBRA B.

Larry and his crew were fabulous. They did exactly what they said they could do in the time and price they had quoted. They cleaned prepared and re-coated three small decks at our home in Venice. Weather, sun and moisture had left our decks in bad shape, worn through in some places and permanent mold layer in areas. They showed up on time, laid down floor covering everywhere they planned to walk, so the floors would be protected, were very efficient and super friendly and professional. Their worked was completed on time every day they were here, they were very aware, organized, and throughly cleaned up after themselves. We would gladly hire them again and recommend them to our friends.

Description of Work
Prepared and resurfaced 3.5 deck surfaces.

07/22/2014

Gloria H.

I am very pleased with the work that your foreman Alex and his brother performed on the repairs. They did a fantastic job and cleaned up each day. I liked that when I asked about the process of the repairs, Alex was happy to explain it to me. They were both very professional and I would highly recommend your company to my friends and family. We just had our family dinner last weekend. The rest of the family members were pleased with how the balcony repairs turned out. Great job!

Description of Work
They repaired and replaced the balcony deck that sits over the garage of my mom's house in Cerritos. These balconies are common in the houses in Cerritos which were built in the 70's. The balcony is not very practical and not well built, so ours eventually leaked and created a hole in the garage. A new drain was installed and they replaced the rotted wood. They removed and disposed of the old roofing material and installed a beautiful and sturdy new deck. There are six layers in the new deck: metal wire, concrete, fiberglass, concrete, textured layer, paint.

06/11/2014

Troy D.

It went great. I am trying to coordinate with the rest of the building tennants to get the work done.

Description of Work
I met with Bruce who gave me an estimate on re-coating my patio deck upstairs. I have also been having some water issues and he was very helpful.

06/10/2014

Karen M.

On the positive side, they seemed knowledgable about what they were doing. It was very difficult to find someone to refinish a rooftop deck. Most places don't deal with that kind of material. The original work they did seemed great, but did not last. There was a one year warranty, and only The coating they applied did not stay flat, it bubbled up. I was not given a satisfactory reason for why this happened. Maybe because the area had not been prepped properly. Maybe the surface of what the last roofer used was not proper. They agreed to touch up bubbling spots. I believe they should have offered to reseal the entire roof, but they did not. Also they found a two spots that were rotten that they had not found before. It was right for them to charge me for fixing those, but I don't understand why they did not find them in January. I have had long standing issues with my roof. I find it hard to believe it rotted more in only eight months, with little rain. They were polite enough and cleaned up their work area well. I would not use them again.

Description of Work
In January of 2013 they repaired several rotten spots on my rooftop and resealed the coating on it. By August, half of the coating had bubbled up. When I called them back, because I had a one year warranty, they found more rotten spots that needed repair. They fixed those for an additional cost, and resealed about half of the roof.

Category roofing, deck cleaning

DiBara Masonry

Named "Top Masonry & Concrete Company" by Industry Oversight, we are a fourth generation masonry company, specializing in repairs, restorations and new installations of stone, block, brick, concrete and pavers, as well as waterproofing and sealing of any sort. No matter how odd, large or small the project may be, DiBara Masonry can provide exactly what you need, because with DiBara, expert advice is always free and expert service is always delivered. Our Story: Son of a third generation mason, DiBara Masonry's owner, Matthew DiBara, started working with a trowel and mortar beside his father at a young age on the outskirts of Boston, Massachusetts. After deciding to move west and build up his company there, Matt left the cold weather behind but carried with him the knowledge and history of his Italian ancestors and ever since has delivered expert quality sure to make Pasquale proud.

Mulholland Brand

**WE OFFER THE LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEED** Mulholland Brand is a high-end direct manufacturer of low maintenance aluminum gates, fences, railings, and pergolas. For direct to consumer installations, we only offer the best quality to customers. With over 25 years of experience and a 4.9/5 star average user rating on Google and Yelp, you can count on us to do an amazing job. If you are looking for the highest quality manufacturing and installations, call us today at 818-639-3820 or check us out at http://www.mulhollandbrand.com for great service, great passion, and the best security gates in Los Angeles!

5 Star Wrought Iron

5 Star brings professional and expert wrought iron work to you, and has been doing it for over 25 years. We pride ourselves on your complete satisfaction for everything from gates and doors and beyond.

Offers Coupon

Decks & Stairs – Walking Decks, Roof & Pool Decks, Balconies, Magnesite & Fiberglass Staircases, Iron-Based Precast Stairs, Tread Replacements, Support Posts, Metal Railing, & Fencing & Gates.

Wood Deck Rebuilding, Railing, & Wooden Staircases.