Key Environmental Services

Founded 1999 • With Angi since June 2009

4.2

1450 South Burlington Ave A

Los Angeles, CA 90006

We remove asbestos containing materials such as ductwork, acoustic ceilings and floor coverings. We also remove and replace lead containing windows, remove lead based paint and perform mold remediation. Our CSLB license #783159, DOSH #763. We provide free estimate and can perform work on weekends at no extra charge....

04/10/2015

Stephanie M.

Contacting and requesting the estimate was very easy. During the call Kelly provided an email address and guided me towards the types of specifics needed in order to provide an accurate estimate. In return I received a quote that included a scope of work, specific tasks included (and excluded) from the job as well as the approximate time table to complete the job. Ultimately we ended up going with another service provider but the level of detail and quick response with the estimate was very much appreciated. I would recommend Key Environmental Services.

Description of Work
Kelly provided an estimate for an asbestos abatement for my kitchen, dining room, and half-bath.

02/10/2014

Richard S.

I used the website, but Larry said he never received my email. I called and he was very responsive. He advised me to save myself money and get my own sample and send it to the lab. It turned out to have asbestos. We booked an appointment after the holidays. They came and went without any problems. I would definitely use them again. In fact, I have a mold problem and they gave me a free estimate and inspection.

Description of Work
I have popcorn ceiling which turned out to be asbestos.

10/07/2013

CELESTE P.

This company was chosen by the a/c company installing our new a/c system and the cost for the asbestos removal was handled by the a/c company. Two workers arrived as scheduled and went right to work. One worker used regular masking tape to cover the a/c grills and I had to point out areas he missed. The procedure was explained to me and they responded to my questions. They wore white coveralls and masks as they worked in the crawl space where the ducts were located. When they were finished in the crawl space, they took off their coveralls and masks. They started to do the second part of the work which was to remove a big pipe with asbestos inside the house. I noticed one worker put on his white coverall and mask but the other worker did not. This inconsistency made me wonder how thorough/consistent they were with the work in the crawl space. (Fortunately, I had a separate company complete an air test after the removal.) The workers took away all the bags and informed me I will receive a certificate in a few weeks. They worked non-stop for about 4 hours. When they left I saw that they forget to put back the cover to the crawl space. After a few weeks, I received the certificate showing where the asbestos was taken.

Description of Work
Asbestos Removal A/C Ducts

06/10/2013

Nicole W.

The workman were punctual, professional, and courteous. The ducts were removed without incident. I would recommend this company.

Description of Work
Key Environmental removed asbestos wrapped ducts from attic.

Category hauling services,asbestos removal

02/19/2013

Howard W.

The job was adequate. The organization around the job and the interface with the company was not that great. Later on we needed to chase certain certificates and paperwork which just seemed to be an uphill process. They did okay, but it's not a company I'm going to go back to. They removed the asbestos and it seemed to go fine, but there was just certain aspects of the follow-up that just seemed a little tricky. There was also certain aspects of the actual arrival of the crew in the first place because I was told certain dates and certain times but nobody showed up. There was sort of fuzzy excuses and I didn't think it was a very tight operation frankly.

Description of Work
I used Key Environmental Services for asbestos removal.

01/07/2013

Israel G.

NEVER AGAIN. I CAN ONLY SPEAK ABOUT THE ORANGE COUNTY OFFICES, NOT THE LOS ANGELES OFFICES. Terrible experience. I shopped around and was coming to a final decision of who to go with. They were the best price. They could do it fairly soon as we needed to move quickly. There was some internal issues as to which office would take care of the job. Put me in an awkward position about some internal office feuding. The issue was with the kitchen area. The rest of the home was pretty straightforward and the tile came up easily but the kitchen had several layers of tile to take off. It shouldnt matter though because that is their job. They said it was going to take more days to get it all up and charge hundreds if not over $1000 more when all was said and done. They said it would be impossible to get up the kitchen tiles without jackhammering the concrete leaving the floor in disrepair. We needed a flat surface to put the new kitchen flooring down and they said the floor installers would simply be able to put a layer of thin set down to level it all out. I believed them and allowed them to simply paint over the remaining tile with some special encapsulating asbestos specific paint to finish the job. My fault!!! I should have told then to keep working to get it off. When I had several floor installers give estimates they all said that kitchen floor was in terrible shape and they would not able to put thin set down because the difference in floor tiles was over 1/2 inch in most places and the job would require taking up the floor tiles to proceed. So I was going to have to pay someone again to take up the remaining tile. It turns out the kitchen installers showed me how there were several areas of the left over tile that could litterally be taken up by hand and peeled back in seconds. I was furious!! They told me it would be impossible to get the floor tile up and I can do it with my own bare hands!!! Not all portions were that easy to do but out of the 100 sqft section of tile at lease 30 sqft was simply removed. Why didnt they do the best job possible? The kitchen installer ended up taking out the tile by himself in half a day. The original Key crew had 3 or 4 guys and left early during the day. Why couldn't they spend a few more hours together and finish the job right? It seemed obvious to me that they were trying to get more money and left us in a lurch. The other issue was them assuming things and moving forward with services that they had no authority to do so. You also have to get a clean air clearance with the asbestos abatement and a separate company has to do the air testing. I was also shopping around for the best tester. Key said they have someone to work with (who as not local) and I said I would be interested in possibly going with them(but that's all I said). It ended up that I secured a more local tester for that afternoon but Key had already had the testing done and paid for by the morning, which put me in a very awkward situation because the tester I had book demanded that I pay him as well because he was unavailable for other jobs because i had booked him. I was in a situation where I services were already paid for, without my clearance, and apologizing for not having work for the afternoon tester. This also was infuriating!!! I demanded that Key compensate the afternoon tester I had booked and also pay for the charge the kitchen floor installers assessed to take up the rest of the tile. NEVER AGAIN. TO REPEAT. I CAN ONLY SPEAK ABOUT THE ORANGE COUNTY OFFICES, NOT THE LOS ANGELES OFFICES

Description of Work
Removal is 9x9 floor tiles with asbestos in it. through out a 1400 square foot single family residence. Removal and haul away.

12/27/2012

Michelle J.

After Thanksgiving we were supposed to have new carpet installed in three rooms. When the installers came they discovered asbestos in two bedrooms and a hall. They could not complete the job until the asbestos was removed and clean air certificates were issued. I immediately went to Angie's Lis ,and read the reviews. I called several companies and chose Key Environmental Services because they remove asbestos and mold and mildew. (There had been some flooding in the bedrooms.) Kelly came to the house, questioned me about the asbestos problem as well as the flooding. He took measurements, gave me an estimate, and said he would send a written estimate the next day. After receiving the estimate, we agreed that his company would do the work, and signed a contract. For a fee, Kelly was able to get the fifteen day waiting period expedited so that all the work (including carpet installation) could be completed before Christmas. Since we had to remove all the furniture from the bedrooms anyway, we also had the bedrooms painted and draperies cleaned. Because Kelly and his crew worked so quickly (can't say the same for the carpet company), we were able to get all of the work done and our house back in order (for the most part) just before Christmas.

Description of Work
Estimate and removal of asbestos in two bedrooms and a hall. Issued clean air certificates upon completion of work. Job completed in two days.

10/15/2012

Hannah H.

Key was referred from our HVAC installers and their price was on par with a couple other firms I checked with. Kelly is very responsive over the phone. A couple days before the service date we had to move our appointment because the closing date for our home purchase was delayed. Kelly was able to move the service date with no issues and they got started as soon as we closed on the house. Two guys arrived in a truck promptly at 8am on our service date. I was not there to watch them finish the job, but the area was very clean afterwards. They disposed of the materials in a certified facility in Arizona. I received the confirmation from the AZ facility a few weeks later. A pretty straightforward job and it went without any hiccups.

Description of Work
Removal and disposal of asbestos-insulated pipes from thefurnace.

10/03/2012

Suzanne N.

The job went well overall. It looked like a clean removal. There was damage to the paint where the duct tape was attached to the walls, but my paint needed to be removed anyway. The workers were very nice and professional.

Description of Work
Popcorn ceiling removal on the whole house. Some had asbestos and some parts did not.

08/17/2011

Lisa G.

Each time I called Kelly, the owner, I appreciated him not being short with me, as many vendors tend to be. Phillipe and Fernando showed up on-time. Phillipe introduced himself then came in to scope out the job. I really appreciated how he told me what they were going to do and about how long it would take. I was told by my a/c vendor it would take about 4 hours. I was told by the owner of Key Environment, Kelly, it would take around 3 hours. They were finished in 1:45! There was no rush in their work so that made me feel comfortable that things were going as they should. They were both friendly and professional. I was thrilled they finished earlier than expected; that's always nice! I had a lot of questions and they were very polite in explaining to me. A lot of vendors get anoyed when I want to understand what, why and how they're doing what they're doing, so I really appreciate it when they're not put-off by my questions and are patient. They did an excellent job protecting the floor and furniture. The "tunnel" they created to access the attic seemed very secure and highly effective. I was glad to see the procedure they used had them bag the asbestos-wrapped ducts while they were still up in the attic. I had expected them to carry the ducting outside and then bag it. I also liked that they were both up in the attic together for safety. I was concerned about the whole process and how clean they could do it. I especially appreciated learning that both of them were certified in asbestos removal, rather than just the foreman. They sealed everything up, vacuumed, and took all their stuff, trash, etc. with them. I am very happy with the job.

Description of Work
Hired to remove all asbestos related to attic ducting, furnace closet, coil, etc. in prep for a new a/c-furnace system with new ducting.

12/07/2010

William and Linda G.

Good service. The crew was careful to follow approved asbestos-removal procedures. I had one question about the waste manifest they provided, and their office answered promptly.

Description of Work
Removal of furnace ducts coated with an asbestos-containing-material, and proper disposal of waste. Key Environmental was paid by the heating company I hired, so I don't know the exact cost of their services.

10/21/2010

David N.

They did an excellent job

Description of Work
They removed some pipe containing asbestos and did it in a very timely and professional manner.

06/01/2009

Kathy A.

I called Kelly who was recommended by one of the air conditioning companies who had provided an estimate for us and he set up the appointment to come remove the ducts. He was very brief on the phone, but I figured I could learn more when they came to do the work. They were supposed to be here at 8 a.m., but did not knock on the door until after 8:30 even though they had been sitting across the street in their truck before that. The people who came to do the work did not introduce themselves. Only one of them spoke English and they did not have much information to offer. They wanted me to write them a check but did not have any documentation of what they were going to do and who I was paying. They ended up saying they would mail me an invoice. They did the work as far as removing the air ducts from the attic and I did not stick around to see how exactly they did it, but it definitely makes me nervous that they do not do any type of air quality monitoring that I understand other companies do when performing this type of work.

Description of Work
Asbestos air ducts removed from attic.

Pure Restoration Inc

Quality Service You Can Count On! If you are experiencing water damage, mold or fire damage problems, or simply are just looking to remodel your kitchen or bathroom, Pure Restoration can help you! Our experts are highly knowledgeable with mold testing, structural restoration & remediation, including reconstruction for water damage or fire damage, water extraction and services. Pure can deal with virtually any project and takes pride in leaving our customers satisfied! We offer FREE inspections and estimates for your residential home or commercial property. With over 20 years of experience in the industry, Pure Restoration delivers advanced and reliable professional restoration services including mold inspections and testing throughout Los Angeles.

Offers by Pure Restoration Inc on Angi
    Absolute Maintenance & Consulting

Our company branches out to conduct Los Angeles Water Damage Repairs, Los Angeles Leak Detection, Waterproofing in Los Angeles, and Los Angeles Mold Removal. Compared to our other competitors, our Los Angeles Water Damage Repair services include maintenance programs, micro certified technicians, free services call with repair, extended warranty and guarantee, and 100% money back satisfaction guarantee. In addition, we have 35 years plus of experience in the industry, are a leading service provider from Angie's List, and Southern California Quality Installation and Maintenance Programs. Our Los Angeles Mold Experts are crossed trained in Thermography using FLIR cameras. Our mold removal technicians are certified in: Water Intrusion, Los Angeles Leak Detection's, Investigations, Thermography, Infrared Cameras, Water Damage Repairs, Los Angeles Mold Removal, Waterproofing in Los Angeles, and Weatherproofing. We understand the importance of having the best technology for your inspection, and an infrared thermal imaging camera will examine your windows, roofs, decks, stucco, concrete, basements and etc. Here at Absolute Maintenance and Consulting, we like to fix the problem and leave your home better than they were when we found it. We'll repair your property in a matter of days, making sure your home is outfitted with the protection and safety you and your family deserve. We've literally never met a problem we couldn't solve. When there's a problem in your home, we understand you need it fixed. We not only investigate and resolve the issue at hand, but we execute the matter of contention with confidence and assurance in illuminating our promise for our customers because they always come first. Please call us for details on our minimum job cost, the scope of work, the areas in which we are currently working, and how this applies to you. Our results are guaranteed, or you don't pay. To set up an inspection, please call 310-846-8213, and we only work for homeowners/owners.

Offers by Absolute Maintenance & Consulting on Angi
    AM:PM Restorations & Construction Inc.

Services offered Water Damage, Black Mold Removal, Mold Remediation, Attic Cleaning, Crawl Space Cleaning, Flood Restoration, Water Instruct. Certified and insured 24/7 Emergency Response. ***Due to staffing issues we are currently only offering free estimates to homeowners and we don't do any MOLD TESTING*** Our objective is to help you clean and restore your home back to its unique condition. Water, dampness, and mold can bring about broad damage to your home and your welling. We comprehend it can be upsetting to you and your wallet when unpredictable debacle happens like this, and this is the reason we arrive to offer assistance. We offer proficient assessment in agree-ability and affirmed by all insurance agencies. We arrive to make your catastrophe our obligation. We offer professional estimate in compliance and approved by all insurance companies. Service area include Burbank, Santa Clarita, Chatsworth, Thousand Oaks, Oxnard, Calabasas, Long Beach, Sherman Oaks, Reseda, Tarzana, West Hills, North Hills, Simi Valley, Van Nuys, Ventura County, San Fernando Valley, LA County, Santa Paula Moorpark, Agora Hills, Camarillo

Asbestos Removal, Lead Abatement, Mold Remediation, Sewage/Black Water Clean Up, Hazardous Waste Transportation & Disposal, PCB Ballast Removal, Construction Clean Up, Interior Soft Demolition, Rodent & Bird Fecal Matter Clean Up, Biological Contaminates & Air Borne Pathogens.

We are not a laboratory and do not perform surveys or inspections.