A top priority of JW Plumbing Heating & Air is—and has always been—the health and safety of the communities we serve. Ensuring safe handling of the clean water in your home and proper disposal of wastes is an important job—one that greatly impacts healthy living. With the current great concerns about COVID-19, we know that keeping your home’s heating and air conditioning system in peak operating condition goes hand in hand with protecting the health of those living there. For this reason, you can count on JW Heating & Air to continue providing prompt service to homeowners while being even more diligent toward protecting against COVID-19.

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We accept remote payment

JW Plumbing, Heating & Air

Founded 2006 • With Angi since October 2006

313 W 31st St

Los Angeles, CA 90007

JW Plumbing, Heating & Air offers AC repair, air conditioning repair, AC replacement, and air conditioning replacement. We also provide furnace repair and furnace replacement, all Plumbing Services, Water Heaters, Drain Cleaning and Rooter Service. We proudly serve the Los Angeles, San Fernando and

12/01/2022

Doug S.

Our furnace had two problems--the occasional smell of gas outside the house and was sometimes sending lukewarm air through the registers. Alan (sp?) diagnosed our problem in about 5 minutes. He was also very willing to share his knowledge. I learned more about our HVAC system during Alan's short visit then I have with previous visits, over the last 20 years, from other companies.

Description of Work
Clear a partially obstructed jexhaust vent that was preventing the furnace from properly ventilating.

03/29/2021

Johnnie R.

The technician shows up, and spends about 5 minutes looking at the furnace. He resets it, then says this will be $250. I said for what, you didn't do anything. He said he did a diagnosis and safety inspection. Years ago, these activities were included in the service fee; now it appears companies want to separate a service call into different categories for more money. I WILL NOT CALL JW AGAIN!

Description of Work
I needed a wall furnace repaired.

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

01/14/2021

WALTER G.

Came to look over three months ago, said he would write up an estimate, waited a month called he said he had been busy and would let us know in a few weeks, waited another month called and he said he had forgotten and would get it out. A month later nothing. Can't comment on his construction skills but his customer service/relations skill are terrible.

Description of Work
Remove and retile floor, walls,shower door and tub. Reinforce flooring

Category appliance repair

12/30/2020

Kathleen R.

This company has provided extraordinary service and guidance throughout a long and complicated process that was resolved when JW Heating recently completed installation of a new HVAC system in my home. This company installed a similar system in my rental property 2 years ago and that installation went smoothly and the unit has operated flawlessly. So it was obvious that I would call them back to replace an old package unit. JW Heating is one of the most skilled, customer-oriented and ethical companies I have ever worked with and I cannot thank them enough for all the technical advice and fantastic service. JW Heating and Air deserves the highest rating and respect. Thanks to the team.

Description of Work
replacement HVAC system

10/06/2020

Gianni P.

They helped us install our new Air conditioning unit. It was a great experience. Thanks.

Description of Work
Air conditioning installation

09/14/2020

Laurie N.

It started out great. I called and made an appointment. Ted came out and looked at my existing system. He was very polite and on time. He said that he would send me a recommendation of which system would be best for me and a quote. I never heard back again. I emailed him after 1 week and received no response. I called both his cell and the company a total of 4 times and never received a response from anyone. The last time I called the young lady who answered the phone said she would look into it and get back to me that day and she never called back. I really wanted to work with this company as I had been referred by my friend and they had so many positive reviews. However, after receiving no response after an email and multiple phone calls I finally gave up. If it is this difficult to receive a response before the service is done I can only imagine how hard it will be after installation.

Description of Work
Air conditioner replacement.

09/08/2020

Valerie D.

1/2 finished. Dave was very through and friendly. Still need more work and waiting on estimates. They were supposed to be here on Saturday.

Description of Work
Clean and sanitize A/C

09/02/2020

Archie C.

Jeff came out and gave us an estimate. Even though we decided to go with another HVAC contractor for a number of reasons, I thought Jeff gave an excellent presentation. My wife uses JW for her clients (she does property management) and she will continue to do so.

Description of Work
Replace out dated HVAC (20+ years old).

04/24/2020

Jeffrey A.

We called JW Cooling because our Nest thermostat was not getting power from the circuit. The technician Christian arrived on time and went to the attic to check on the AC unit. After 15 minutes he says the circuit board needs to be replaced and it will cost $1200! Now I know the AC unit is working fine as the same company serviced it about a year ago and it was functioning perfectly up until 2 weeks ago when the thermostat wasn’t powering on. I suspected it was just a wiring issue to the Nest thermostat and I indicated that in my service request. After we said that we would get other companies to check and get a quote the technician said he would lower the price to $900 which was very suspicious. When we didn’t agree to the repair, he went up the attic again and then says he thinks there’s nothing wrong with the circuit board and it was a wiring issue and it would cost $350 for the repair. At this point, even if we still thought we were getting ripped off (to think we are repeat customers!), we wanted the problem fixed right away and agreed to pay the $350. The AC was up and running in 5 minutes - probably he just taped a loose wire that supplied power to the thermostat. He was in and out of the house in 45 minutes. We will NEVER call this company again for any AC or heater issues. Neither should you.

Description of Work
AC unit repair

11/19/2019

Kit A.

Couldn't have been happier. Our tech Sal arrived on time and his professionalism was outstanding. He explained the process he would need to go through in order to fix our a/c unit and gave me an estimate for the various options available to me. The cost was not cheap but you get what you pay for. I feel I received excellent service for the price I paid so I'm completely satisfied. Would definitely call JW again for repairs and request Sal.

Description of Work
A/C blowing hot air

07/21/2019

James T.

The A/C unit stopped working, and I had to find a company that serviced the Arcadia area. As usual, I posted a request on Angie's List to get some quotes and JW Heating, and Air was the first to respond. Gerardo was very prompt and arrived earlier than I had expected. He was very courteous and got started immediately to diagnose the problem. The best part was that he explained what he was doing each step and was very thorough, documenting with photos at each stage. After the diagnosis, I was given three options as to how to move forward. The compressor and HVAC being almost 20 years old, it was comforting to understand what my options were. In the short term, I needed the unit to function throughout the summer. In the long run, install a brand new system. I would say they are not cheap, but this is one area I would spend a little more money on as safety is always a consideration and you want the job done right the first time as all things considered these systems should easily last 10 to 15 years.

Description of Work
AC was not working at a rental unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Wow! Thank you so much for leaving this incredible review! Our company takes pride in the knowledge of our technicians and the quality of services that we offer. We strive to provide every customer with the best possible experience and it's great to hear that you felt the same with Gerardo! He is one of the best! Thank you again for your kind words and we are proud that you chose JW Heating and Air as your local HVAC company!

05/10/2019

Mark S.

I'm sorry to say, I can't recommend them. We signed up for their twice a year service check on the heater and AC. They started out alright, but it wasn't long before I figured out that they were only the up-sell. The last tech casually told me I needed to immediately buy a $650 part (which, coincidentally, happened to be on his truck) or the AC was going to die in the next few days. That was in 2016 or 17 and the AC is still going strong sans part, thanks very much. Now I've probably jinxed it.

Description of Work
Twice annual service.

04/20/2019

Edie L.

Very well. Got an estimate 9 years ago but never did it. After talking to several other vendors I remembered how impressed I was with the owner of JW. I called them and they were great. Neat, clean professional, friendly team of workers. I can't really complain about anything.

Description of Work
Installed two central heating and air systems

03/12/2019

Terri W.

they were great! they arrive on time, clean after themselves.

Description of Work
they came out to search my AC unit because it needs to be fixed. they tell me what the issue may be.

01/04/2019

Ali H.

excellent customer service, honest and fair quote, and prompt response for a job done very well.

Description of Work
replaced furnace and condenser units

12/22/2018

Joyce N.

They were a very professional company. I had an air conditioner installed over 20 years that I purposely did not get a permit for. I live in Redondo Beach, so an AC unit does not get heavily used. I decided to finally upgrade the unit to be more efficient, so I called multiple Heating and Air companies. I insisted on getting the work permitted in case I sell the house in the near future. Most of the companies refused to pull permits to get the work done. JW has an option of pulling permits or not pulling permits. The permit/work to code and HERS Test cost $850 which is included in the price below. The units installed was a Lennox 3 ton Elite AC unit and a ML280 furnace. JW came out 2 days before the installation to do a walk through of the job area, installed the AC/Heater in one day, and followed up with the city to get the work approved. I am very happy with the AC and heater and the work of JW and highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Installed New Air Conditioner and Heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We are very proud to be your top choice in HVAC companies! It's awesome hearing how after talking with other companies, you chose JW Heating and Air as your top choice in replacing your air conditioning unit. We strive to ensure that our customers have the best possible system installed with excellent customer service and professional technicians to do the job. We hope you enjoy your cozy home for the remainder of the winter months, and a cool house throughout the summer! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!

10/01/2018

jim G.

Installation of new equipment and subsequent follow-up work was professional and thorough. Realize that JW was slammed in July, but office staff, while all courteous and knowledgeable, could do better at returning phone messages. Had to make several repeat calls Regarding appointment info.

Description of Work
Home a/c replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We were very busy this past summer, but we greatly appreciate your patience while worked towards replacing your AC system. We are proud of the technicians and office staff who maintained a courteous and professional demeanor throughout your replacement process. We hope you have been enjoying your AC system!

09/15/2018

Pamela L.

Had a great initial meeting. Seemed professional and promised me a bid for later that same day. I never heard from them again!!! About a week later I emailed Ted Ceausu, the technician with whom I had met, to ask him what in the world had happened, but he never responded.

Description of Work
Mini splits air conditioning units.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

At JW Heating and Air, we strive towards ensuring our customers have a point of contact throughout their project. We rescheduled you for 10 AM on 8/30/18, but you ended up canceling over the phone. After Ted visited and informed you that a mini-split was not an option, you said you would call us. However, we never had any other communication with you after this. Please give us a call if you wish to discuss this matter further.

09/10/2018

ARTHUR L.

The work was accomplished as per the sales agreement.

Description of Work
Install new A/C

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are proud of the team for their work on your new AC system! We hope you have been enjoying the system, and thank you for choosing JW Heating and Air!

09/04/2018

victor Z.

They exceeded my expectations. They did an excellent job the firs titime, but did not bring the new air filter box (I have allergies, so requested a 5" high MERV filter). Someone had failed to include the filter in the list of parts. To err is human. THey installed all the rest and it worked exceedingly well. We notice the new intake box (which they had enlarged from our original), was maing a loud rushing sound when the air blew. SO, when they came back, they not only installed the missing 5" filter box and filter, but also lined the intake air box with some material that indeed dampened the sound. A handiman patcher they sent out fixed any hole sin the walls (from moving the thermostat to another place, and from enlarging the air intake). House was left sparkkling clean after the workers left. I gave them a 'B' in price because they came in at 20% more than the next bid (which was from a reliable company). I chose JW despite the higher price because I liked better the description of what they would do. They did exactly what was described. SO, I plan to keep calling JW.

Description of Work
i needed to replace furnace, coil, A/C compressor, air filter bix

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for this kind review! It was very busy this past summer, and we greatly appreciate your patience and feedback. We are happy that while installing the rest of the system, they noticed the new intake box was making a loud noise so that on the next visit they were able to repair that and installed the 5" filter box. We are also proud of the team and the handyman for their clean and professional work in your home. Thank you for choosing JW Heating and Air, we look forward to working with you in the future on other HVAC projects.

08/16/2018

Andreas K.

The scheduling was a hassle: I talked to the lady, she took my information and stated to get back, which never happened. I called back almost a week later, and at least she was honest and found the info I had previously given to her. The actual repair was timely and worked, but it was expensive (1,600$), and the company tried to primary sell us a brand-new unit for ~10,000$. We received multiple phone calls thereafter.

Description of Work
Defective A&C

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience with us. We did have a very busy summer this year, and we appreciate your patience throughout this. We hope you have been enjoying your AC system, and look forward to working with you in the future should you require any HVAC repairs. Thank you for choosing JW Heating and Air!

08/13/2018

Jeffery A H.

From the beginning to end, JW Heating and Air was professional, punctual and competent. The did an excellent job of explaining the problems with my old system and fully disclosing the options I had and the prices for each option. I could not be more pleased with the entire experience and would strongly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Replaced HVAC system.

08/13/2018

Harris S.

Very professional - excellent experience

Description of Work
Furnaces and A/C maintained

08/11/2018

Bobbi O.

Better than expected. Quick and easy fix.

Description of Work
Air conditioning repair

08/03/2018

Richard G.

We called JW about adding A/C. We had an existing heating system that was installed years ago by a terrible company so we needed to find a new company for this addition. Ted came out promptly to provide us an estimate. I can't say enough good things about Ted. He was patient with us and informative, honest but not pushy, We knew that there were problems with our existing system, and he helped us understand why our furnace was working so poorly and what should be replaced. We decided it would be best to replace the blower and some of the duct work at the same time as the A/C install. We scheduled the install and all went smoothly. I believe the lead install guy was Shawn, and he was great. He kept us informed of the progress and answered all of our questions. My wife and I were home throughout the 2 day install, and it did get a bit loud, but that is to be expected. The crew (I believe Rudy and Sal) were professional and left the job site meticulous after the job. We would definitely recommend JW. Update: After only a year, the A/C went out right before a very serious heat wave. JW was swamped because of the heat, but after a quick call to Ted, we were able to get a technician (Michael) out the same day. It turned out the motor for the blower had died, but was under warranty. Michael was able to get the A/C running with a temporary part until the new part came in. JW got the part ordered and replaced within the week. Very much appreciated!

Description of Work
Installing A/C