Jose's Painting

Founded 1970 • With Angi since August 2009

Professional Interior & Exterior Painting. Quality work, low prices, and excellent references. Specializing in residential homes, buildings, apartment complexes, commercial/industrial buildings. Father and son company, over 40 years in business....

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+67 more images

interior painting (69)house painting (37)pressure washing (11)stucco (10)drywall (10)woodworking (9)door installation (7)window replacement (7)siding companies (4)plastering (3)gutter repair (3)mold removal (1)

03/16/2022

Jocelyn L.

Jose was excellent from the first meeting. He is very responsive, answered all of my questions, and was very knowledgeable. His crew were excellent as well. Always on time. Friendly and skilled. I would highly recommend Jose’s Painting LA.

Description of Work
Painting - Interior

Work Completed On 03/20/2022

03/01/2022

Sandra D.

It was excellent, first of all the work is very clear, I understood the work that is going to be done, they were on time everyday, they came in early and work really hard all day, they were professional and courteous, I got good response and answers in every question that I asked. They made me feel comfortable to have them and make that work for me, they did cleaned up the property everyday.

Description of Work
They painted the garage.

Work Completed On 02/25/2022

02/28/2022

Sandra D.

Description of Work
They painted the entire house

Work Completed On 02/25/2022

07/22/2021

Regina T.

Jose’s Painting team were very professional and delivered! I appreciated Jose for being prompt for the walk through. Also he did a good job sizing up the work and giving me a work schedule. The team followed through on the work and did an excellent job. Once we agreed on the work plan, they stuck to it. Each day they arrived to work early and went straight to work. At the end of each day they cleaned up and put away their tools and paint. They were very respectful of our property and complied with special requests we had. The painting was very good!!! They did excellent Prep work on my home, which is wood and has wrought Iron work, which made the house look like new. The wrought iron is smooth and looks like new. The work on the wood was well done, there was quite a bit of exposed wood, but they took the time to address all of it and made it look new. The interior was well done again, the extra time spent prepping was key for a terrific finished look. I have a few more projects coming up and I would definitely call them back.

Description of Work
Painting - Interior & exterior

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/22/2021

03/30/2021

melanie V.

Immediately I knew Jose’s Painting would be the company to not only bring my home back to life, but would protect it to SUSTAIN the impact of future elements, due to the proposal that was written with extensive care as to HOW they were going to get the house back into shape and WHAT they were going to use. My home has not been painted or stuccoed since the early 80's it needed TLC. This FAMILY OWNED company makes you feel like you are part of the family. Jose aka “Pops” had extensive details of how to make the project come together, while his son Jose had the modern perspective of how to keep the project in current times. The foremen, Elvis explained every detail whenever we had questions or requests. Allen, Gochi, and Ozzy showed up everyday with professionalism and care. The whole team is trustworthy and relatable. I will NOT use any other painting/stucco/interior/exterior specialist for any future project. The care and detail the team provided went above and beyond. WORTH every penny! This one is for the WIN!

Description of Work
Entire exterior of home Stucco and Painted

Category drywall

Work Completed On 03/29/2021

03/05/2021

Gina Gallo G.

Jose was my third phone call. Hi, what can we do for you? .. me : I’m just trying to find a match for someone to paint my house.... Jose: Well! You’ve found it. Jose and his crew are the most professional, timely and Most surprising a pleasure to work with! I have owned my home for 21 years .. my neighbors are very long time homeowners as well. We we were discussing how can we be homeowners for so long and not have Reliable people to call when work needs to be done. Well , Jose was right ... he was a Match. I strongly urge,if you have Any project large and small call Jose Rosales, he is not only a Treasure but a treasure trove. I have continued on with Jose and if he can’t do it ... he has an Excellent reference from his time and expertise in the field of painting and construction. Lastly, I would like to thank Jose Sr., Elvis, and Osmond for the special care you took with me and my home. Many thanks, From Little Xanadu Built in 1914

Description of Work
Painting - Interior

Category siding, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/05/2021

It was a pleasure to help with your project, and we continue to look forward to helping you any way we can. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you!

09/29/2020

Jim B.

Excellent! In and out on time. Clean work. Good competent crew.

Description of Work
Painting - Exterior

Work Completed On 09/30/2020

09/25/2020

Ron S.

Excellent job, friendly workers. Fast and neat. Reasonable price. We will be rehiring Jose to paint our own home. Will definitely recommend Jose's Painting to friends!

Description of Work
Pressure washing & repair of stucco; painting stucco & window frames in preparation for sale of building.

Category replacement windows, pressure washing, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 11/16/2018

09/25/2020

Helga Frehe P.

the painters completed an excellent job on my house, I can highly recommend Jose’s Painting Co.

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Work Completed On 09/25/2020

09/22/2020

Shauna K.

Jose and his team were great! They were very professional, and they did excellent work. Good communication and fair prices. They also finished in a timely manner and cleaned up the work area. I would hire them again and highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Painting - Exterior

Work Completed On 08/10/2020

02/10/2020

Gwyn A.

It went very well. Jose Sr. came and gave me a quote. My landlord's live in the apartment next door to me and when I showed them the quote they said that was a good price. They also came midway to check on the progress and at the end to inspect. They were very impressed and will be hiring them again. For my part, I liked that they kept all their stuff very neatly outside, and closed the door to the bathroom when they were sanding to keep all of it in there. That powder can get everywhere. They were punctual and Jose took care of everything. They're Pros. They started at 8:30 and were done by 3. Looks great, and it's been a week and I'm still happy.

Description of Work
Bathroom painting/sanding/patching

Work Completed On 02/10/2020

08/04/2018

Lucia B.

Jose's (father and son) team just finished painting 2 interior bedrooms in my house. Jose Jr. handled the estimate and scheduling. He was very professional and clear about what specifically would be included in the job, eliminating any surprises down the road. Jose Sr. supervised the job. Elvis, the head painter and his team, Christian and Marcos were professional and polite and easy to talk to. The bedrooms were being painted a lighter shade which required more coats and a second morning to finish. The team were punctual and got right to work. Detail oriented and trustworthy, I felt comfortable having them around. As a single woman, this this is important to me. When they were done, they put everything back as it was and even helped me move a heavy rug I that had been delivered into the room. I would most definitely use them again. The rooms look great!

Description of Work
2 interior bedrooms

Work Completed On 08/04/2018

07/09/2018

R S.

Very professional and punctual. Did good quality work, was willing to come back to do touch-ups in the bathroom because construction was being done.

Description of Work
Walls of condo needed to be painted. Ceilings were not done.

Work Completed On 07/09/2018

06/03/2018

GAIL G.

Jose and his helper arrived on time. He walked his helper through the job and they began the prep work immediately. All woodwork was primed before painting. The job took 2 1/2 days. The clean-up was very thorough.

Description of Work
Paint a master bedroom, dressing room and bathroom, including closets.

Work Completed On 06/03/2018

05/08/2018

Douglas B.

I originally hired Jose's Painting to repair and paint the walls of my bathroom. I had damaged the walls in removing old wallpaper myself and realized that the job really required professional expertise. The team recognized immediately recognized the problems and quoted a reasonable price. Jonathan, who performed most of the work (it was a tight space that could really only accommodate one person) arrived early every morning and prepared the bathroom carefully. Because of the extent of repairs required, the work took four full days, which didn't surprise me. Satisfied with the result, I hired Jose's Painting to smooth the ceiling, repair the walls, and paint a living room, dining room, and hallway, a job that also required painting 10 doorways and three windows, including multi-paned French doors. This job, involving several people, was again completed in a very professional and timely manner, at a reasonable price. I look forward to being able to return to Jose's Painting for future jobs.

Description of Work
Painting (Bathroom and Living Room)

Work Completed On 04/20/2018

05/05/2018

Krystle B.

Jose was very responsive and professional. His team completed my job on short notice and very quickly. My doors look beautiful.

Description of Work
Painting closet doors

Category doors

Work Completed On 04/23/2018

05/04/2018

Fran K.

Went very well. Jose Sr and Elvis worked the project and completed in 2 days. Friendly and easy to talk with. Rooms look just as we hoped.

Description of Work
Wall Painting of Family room, 2 bedrooms and stairwell.

Work Completed On 05/01/2018

05/03/2018

Gus M.

After speaking with a few contractors, we hired Jose's Painting because of their professionalism, reasonable price, friendliness, and valid contractor's license. Their work was consistent with our initial impression. They did the job quickly and professionally. The color match of the paint was exact. They answered all our questions, and when I pointed out a few overlooked spots of peeling stucco, they quickly and happily took care of it. I would readily hire them again.

Description of Work
Stucco repair and painting

Category stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 04/28/2018

05/02/2018

Tara M.

Jose first came to discuss the work that needed to be done and he was very straight-forward and friendly. We then discussed cost and colors via email. Jose's team came in and worked quickly and professionally. When they left, there was no mess behind, and the walls looked great. There were a few spots that got smudged before the paint was fully dry and Jose sent people to fix it without any additional cost to us. We would definitely use Jose's Painting again.

Description of Work
Painting of two bathrooms and one nursery

Work Completed On 03/20/2018

05/01/2018

David G.

Jose's crew was extremely professional and courteous. They not only did an exemplary job but did it for a highly competitive price. What's more, unlike almost every other contractor I've used, Jose did not require any payment (down or progress) until the entire job was finished and I was happy with it! That speaks volumes to me about his confidence in his crew's abilities. They finished the job in less time than anticipated and are willing to do touch-ups if needed. I recommend Jose's Painting (as I already have to friends and neighbors) without hesitation.

Description of Work
Entire exterior of 2-story house painted, including trim, ducting, iron railings, and stucco. Also waterproofing and staining of redwood deck and varnishing of wood doors and thresholds.

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 04/07/2018

12/26/2017

Pamela G.

I needed the outside of the house painted and wood to be sanded, along with a few fascia boards that needed to be replaced. Jose's crew showed up everyday on time, was very professional and did a very good job. Whenever I called Jose to ask him a question, he called back immediately. After the work was done, I needed a few things touched up. He set up a date and time with me, and took care of what needed to be done. He has a wonderful crew that could not have been nicer. I am very happy with the work that he did.

Description of Work
Painting of exterior house, sanding wood and putting up a few fascia boards

Category plastering, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 12/15/2017

12/06/2017

Kathryn C.

Overall a very good experience. We consulted three painters, and Jose's Painting gave the most competitive estimate by far. Jose was very clear about what would and would not be included, preventing surprises down the line. Jose put up numerous color samples at our request, and suggested some additional colors which ended up being good choices. Jose and his whole team, led by Elvis when Jose was away, were polite and worked quickly, and were careful with our fixtures, etc. They were also patient with us when we took longer than expected to choose some colors. They were able to remove a mirrored wall and completely patch and re-texture the wall to match the other walls perfectly. At final walk-through, some touch up was required and we found some areas which were missed, but Jose and his team had a good attitude and fixed them quickly and with no complaints. We will definitely use Jose's Painting again.

Description of Work
Painting of all walls in a 1700 sq. ft. home.

Work Completed On 12/01/2017